Author Topic: Day 1...  (Read 11736 times)

Offline nick-Otine Free

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quitting MoFo
  • LTBE- Quittin since 12/30/20
  • Interests: traveling,Hunting,backpacking, Fully Sending it, working out, reading, God, Motivation
  • Likes Given: 1868
Re: Day 1...
« Reply #30 on: March 24, 2021, 07:13:53 PM »
Burned a few days off from work to do stuff around the house.  This morning I posted my day 476 and sent out my daily morning texts like I owned this shit.  Deep cleaned my kitchen today top to bottom (yep cooking is my shit).  I had a few drinks in the process and then that nic bitch started screaming in my ear.  If it wasn't for my promise to quit for today and my quit crew...I'd be lost.
Thank-you my friends.  Tomorrow will be another +1.
Tell Nic Witch that you are divorced from her and your wife will castrate you if you go back!!!!!!!! Besides I know two guys from Pa that would hang you upside down by your toenails if you caved. What do you think @MuleMan or is using toenails to good for our man @stillbrewing ,lol.
Nice win my brother. Demonstrates the importance of posting your promise and the brotherhood. Keep letting those days add up. You are killing it.
Thanks Doug & Keith...  LOL not ready to do another day 1.  I can't even imagine what kind of shit you would put me through.  Yeah...no...
way to keep er down brother! It’s the little wins that matter the most, your a badass quiter keep doing you !
I may not be a smart man, but I know what quit is! -Quitest Gump-
     -Don't plan for the future, Quit for today!-
"The way to get started is to (quit) talking and begin doing." Walt Disney
~you cant plan your quit you just have to do it, both feet free fall.~
"Cowards die many times before their deaths, the Valiant never taste of death but once"
Daily Devotional

Offline stillbrewing

• Quit King
  • Quit Date: 12/5/19
  • Likes Given: 1076
« Reply #29 on: March 24, 2021, 07:10:11 PM »
Burned a few days off from work to do stuff around the house.  This morning I posted my day 476 and sent out my daily morning texts like I owned this shit.  Deep cleaned my kitchen today top to bottom (yep cooking is my shit).  I had a few drinks in the process and then that nic bitch started screaming in my ear.  If it wasn't for my promise to quit for today and my quit crew...I'd be lost.
Tell Nic Witch that you are divorced from her and your wife will castrate you if you go back!!!!!!!! Besides I know two guys from Pa that would hang you upside down by your toenails if you caved. What do you think @MuleMan or is using toenails to good for our man @stillbrewing ,lol.
Nice win my brother. Demonstrates the importance of posting your promise and the brotherhood. Keep letting those days add up. You are killing it.
Thanks Doug & Keith...  LOL not ready to do another day 1.  I can't even imagine what kind of shit you would put me through.  Yeah...no...
"Beginnings are usually scary and endings are usually sad, but it's everything in between that makes all worth living.  So, love the life you live, live the life you love." - Bob Marley

“La tristesse durera toujours." ~ Vincent van Gogh

"You can fuck off all the way to fuckoff mountain and jump off FUCKOFF point for all i care. Just post and stay quit." ~MikeW2018~

HOF-3/13/20; 2nd floor-6/21/20; 3rd floor-9/29/20; 1 year-12/3/20; 4th floor-1/7/21; 5th floor-4/17/21; 6th floor-7/26/21

HOF Speech Here

Offline Keith0617

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: October 5, 2018
  • Likes Given: 1633
« Reply #28 on: March 24, 2021, 06:52:36 PM »
Jan19

Offline Thefranks5

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 3/5/2020
  • Interests: Praising the Lord,tractor pulling for sure, anything to do with farming, hunting and soccer.
  • Likes Given: 220
« Reply #27 on: March 24, 2021, 05:54:07 PM »

Offline stillbrewing

• Quit King
« Reply #26 on: March 24, 2021, 04:58:40 PM »
"Beginnings are usually scary and endings are usually sad, but it's everything in between that makes all worth living.  So, love the life you live, live the life you love." - Bob Marley

"You can fuck off all the way to fuckoff mountain and jump off FUCKOFF point for all i care. Just post and stay quit." ~MikeW2018~

HOF-3/13/20; 2nd floor-6/21/20; 3rd floor-9/29/20; 1 year-12/3/20; 4th floor-1/7/21; 5th floor-4/17/21; 6th floor-7/26/21

HOF Speech Here

Offline AwakenedOne

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quitter
  • Proud Member of the April 2020 Cobra Kai Quit Dojo
  • Quit Date: 01/10/2020
  • Interests: Fearing God, Following Jesus, The Bible, my wife and kids, helping others, Texas A&M Aggies football, playing guitar, golf, guns, playing pick-up basketball, camping, fishing, quitting both nicotine and recreational cannabis
  • Likes Given: 598
« Reply #25 on: January 22, 2021, 09:29:03 AM »
Day 409...
I've been meaning to update my intro for awhile and the other day I got the nudge I needed.  Two days ago I returned to work after two weeks of a wasted vacation that turned into a quarantine after my son tested positive for Covid.  Long story short, I was reassigned to the unit with gastric tubes and tracheostomies where there is a new doctor who acts like the unit is an ER instead of a LTC facility.  The day turned into one of those non-stop, no break days from the time I hit the door.  Four hours into the hectic shift, I stepped outside for a minute to make a quick call to the wife.  The very first unconscious thought that entered my mind as the cold air hit my face was, "Let me take a quick dip while I make this call."  That brief thought was like a slap in the face.  How could my brain even momentarily totally forget the past 400+ days of quit?
The answer is quite simple.  The nic demon never sleeps.  The simplest thing such as the stress of a hectic day at work and he's there in my brain knocking at the door.  He doesn't recognize a day count or how many days you've stacked.  He may lie dormant for period of time but he will always be there because I am a nicotine addict.
We can never become complacent...we can never let our guard down.

It's odd how we still get those pesky robocalls from the nicodemon no matter how far out we are, gotta hit "deny" everytime. Way to go brother keep the quit strong!
 INTRODUCTION | H.O.F SPEECH | H.O.F WRITE-UP
Q u i t : 1 / 1 0 / 2 0 | H O F : 4 / 1 8 / 2 0 | F 2 : 7 / 2 7 / 2 0 | F 3 : 1 1 / 4 / 2 0 | Y 1 : 0 1 / 1 0 / 2 1 | F 4 : 0 2 / 1 2 / 2 1 | F 5 : 0 5 / 2 3 / 2 1 | F 6 :  8 / 31 / 2 1 | F 7 : 1 2 / 9 / 2 1 | Y 2 : 0 1 / 1 0 / 2 2 | F 8: 0 3 / 1 9 / 2 2  | F 9: 6 / 2 7 / 2 2 | 1 K 1 0 / 0 5 / 2 2 | Y 3 : 0 1 / 1 0 / 2 3 | F 1 1 :  0 1 / 1 3 / 2 3 | F 1 2 :  0 4 / 2 3 / 2 3 | F 1 3 :  0 8 / 0 1 / 2 3 | F 1 4 :  1 1 / 0 9 / 2 3 Y 4 : 0 1 / 1 0 / 2 4 | F 1 5 :  ( i n  p r o g r e s s )
P R O V E R B S  3 : 5 - 6 | R O M A N S  1 2 : 1 - 2 | 1  C O R I N T H I A N S 1 3 : 1 - 1 3 | C O L O S S I A N S  3 : 1 2 - 1 4

A      W      A      K      E      N       E      D
T  O    T  H  E    E  V  I  L  S    O  F    N  I  C  O  T  I  N  E    &    A  D  D  I  C  T  I  O  N
M  A  D  E    P  O  W  E  R  F  U  L    B  Y  J E S U S
T  H  E    H  O  L  Y
O    N    E

Offline stillbrewing

• Quit King
« Reply #24 on: January 17, 2021, 06:18:10 AM »
Day 409...
I've been meaning to update my intro for awhile and the other day I got the nudge I needed.  Two days ago I returned to work after two weeks of a wasted vacation that turned into a quarantine after my son tested positive for Covid.  Long story short, I was reassigned to the unit with gastric tubes and tracheostomies where there is a new doctor who acts like the unit is an ER instead of a LTC facility.  The day turned into one of those non-stop, no break days from the time I hit the door.  Four hours into the hectic shift, I stepped outside for a minute to make a quick call to the wife.  The very first unconscious thought that entered my mind as the cold air hit my face was, "Let me take a quick dip while I make this call."  That brief thought was like a slap in the face.  How could my brain even momentarily totally forget the past 400+ days of quit?
The answer is quite simple.  The nic demon never sleeps.  The simplest thing such as the stress of a hectic day at work and he's there in my brain knocking at the door.  He doesn't recognize a day count or how many days you've stacked.  He may lie dormant for period of time but he will always be there because I am a nicotine addict.

You got that right brother. I've had too many of those moments to think I don't need a daily promise. Almost left the site two weeks ago but that one nagging little bitch in the back of my mind made me think better of it. I don't ever wanna be in her pocket again.
I also have been there and matter of fact there was one time that you were right there with me. As I said to you that day, never in my life had I ever felt such relief wash over me as I had that day. You my friend are the reason I am still here and I will walk everyday with you. When you reach out to others to strengthen them you actually strengthen yourself. Keep doing what your doing and you need anything you got my number. PTBQWY and God bless ya brother.
So glad you posted this. Welcome those thoughts no matter how much they bother you. It still save your quit. The journey is on going. Quit Hard!
@Athan , @Thefranks5 , @ChickDip , @EXBEARHAG , @Keith0617 , and all you BAQ's that hold me accountable and keep me quit everyday...you are my strength to carry on and stay quit.  I thank you!
« Last Edit: January 17, 2021, 06:21:26 AM by stillbrewing »

HOF Speech Here

Offline ChickDip

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • July 2015 Jackals
    • HOF speech
  • Quit Date: 3/30/2015
  • Interests: (July2015 Quit Group) ((7-07-2015 100 days)) ....Quit Day March 30.... Fish Slaying, Hunting, Camping, Hiking, Mtn Biking, Cooking, Sammich-making, Poker, movies, watching Pro Baseball, anything outdoors
  • Likes Given: 2012
« Reply #23 on: January 16, 2021, 03:24:32 PM »
Day 409...

You got that right brother. I've had too many of those moments to think I don't need a daily promise. Almost left the site two weeks ago but that one nagging little bitch in the back of my mind made me think better of it. I don't ever wanna be in her pocket again.
I also have been there and matter of fact there was one time that you were right there with me. As I said to you that day, never in my life had I ever felt such relief wash over me as I had that day. You my friend are the reason I am still here and I will walk everyday with you. When you reach out to others to strengthen them you actually strengthen yourself. Keep doing what your doing and you need anything you got my number. PTBQWY and God bless ya brother.
So glad you posted this. Welcome those thoughts no matter how much they bother you. It still save your quit. The journey is on going. Quit Hard!
July 2015 Jackals - House of WUPP
"....the load doesn't weigh me down at all, he ain't heavy he's my brother"
Try to believe that you are worth more than you think, and others are worth more than you think.
"If you haven't... Quit now......If you have... Stay that way " ~AppleJack
"Make It Through Today" WarE2013 (Rest Easy)
"I am quit... for today... with you... but not FOR you" ~LBP
"Endeavor to Persevere!" Lone Waite

my intro / my HOF speech / my comma club
Building a Strong Quit / My HOF Day

Offline ChickDip

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • July 2015 Jackals
    • HOF speech
  • Quit Date: 3/30/2015
  • Interests: (July2015 Quit Group) ((7-07-2015 100 days)) ....Quit Day March 30.... Fish Slaying, Hunting, Camping, Hiking, Mtn Biking, Cooking, Sammich-making, Poker, movies, watching Pro Baseball, anything outdoors
  • Likes Given: 2012
« Reply #22 on: January 16, 2021, 12:05:13 PM »
Day 409...

So glad you posted this. Welcome those thoughts not matter how much they botnet you. It still save your quit. The journey is on going. Quit Hard!
July 2015 Jackals - House of WUPP
"....the load doesn't weigh me down at all, he ain't heavy he's my brother"
Try to believe that you are worth more than you think, and others are worth more than you think.
"If you haven't... Quit now......If you have... Stay that way " ~AppleJack
"Make It Through Today" WarE2013 (Rest Easy)
"I am quit... for today... with you... but not FOR you" ~LBP
"Endeavor to Persevere!" Lone Waite

my intro / my HOF speech / my comma club
Building a Strong Quit / My HOF Day

Offline Thefranks5

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 3/5/2020
  • Interests: Praising the Lord,tractor pulling for sure, anything to do with farming, hunting and soccer.
  • Likes Given: 220
« Reply #21 on: January 16, 2021, 11:19:48 AM »
Day 409...

Offline Keith0617

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: October 5, 2018
  • Likes Given: 1633
« Reply #20 on: January 16, 2021, 10:54:57 AM »
Day 409...

Amen brother!!  This still happens to me several times a week.  Not as acute as it once was.  Certainly more fleeting but a slap in the face none the less.  My guess is that this never totally goes away.  Not sure about you but my brain will always connect good times, good friends, hard work, outdoors, etc, etc, etc... with having a wedge of Kodiak in my lip.  It's a scam but that's what my brain does.  The fact that I now this and carry on is a win in itself. 
Shoulder to shoulder brother
~HAG
That is why I will always be posting my promise. It shows that we are never cured. Thanks for sharing. You just gave my quit a shot of momentum. Proud to quit with you. 
Jan19

Offline EXBEARHAG

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 16 July, 2019
  • Likes Given: 825
« Reply #19 on: January 16, 2021, 10:27:13 AM »
Day 409...

Amen brother!!  This still happens to me several times a week.  Not as acute as it once was.  Certainly more fleeting but a slap in the face none the less.  My guess is that this never totally goes away.  Not sure about you but my brain will always connect good times, good friends, hard work, outdoors, etc, etc, etc... with having a wedge of Kodiak in my lip.  It's a scam but that's what my brain does.  The fact that I now this and carry on is a win in itself. 
Shoulder to shoulder brother
~HAG 

Offline Athan

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • Addict
  • Quit Date: January 1 2018
  • Interests: GodFamilyCountry
  • Likes Given: 1651
« Reply #18 on: January 16, 2021, 09:13:09 AM »
Day 409...

"I hope you find a thousand reasons to quit today" Rawls
"I can't quit for you. I will quit with you" Ready
"There are two dogs in the fight, which one are you feeding?" SuperDave9000
"In the Navy we had morning muster. You never miss muster. You better be dead if you miss. If you are dying, you should have started crawling earlier, no excuse." Olcpo

The Science of Addiction
The Law of Addiction
The Road Called Recovery
My Intro and HOF Speech
Quitters I've met: Cbird, UncleRico, Gregor, KDip, Broccoli-saurus, Croakenhagen, BriagG, Koba, Kodiakdeath, Arrakisdq, McDave, Worktowin, SkolVikings, JGromo, GS9502, PaDutchman, Stillbrewing, A-Aron...
wildirish317
outdoortexan cancer

Offline stillbrewing

• Quit King
« Reply #17 on: January 16, 2021, 08:43:59 AM »
Day 409...

HOF Speech Here

Offline stillbrewing

• Quit King
« Reply #16 on: October 08, 2020, 06:37:46 PM »
HEY HEY HEY this fellow ridge runner from Pennsylvania made it to the 3rd floor today. Congrats to story telling, chunky pudding making, trying to keep his clients in the same world he is in and now living in the flat lands of south Jersey Stillbrewing Steve. Awesome job my friend and keep doing what you are doing. You inspire us all in our quits at the same time entertaining us with your wit. As long as I am not receiving any chunky pudding from you we are aok, lol. As we stroll through our quit we are blessed with many individuals that make a difference in our lives. You have made that difference and I will be forever grateful. Thanks again my friend and God bless you and your family.
Congrats on that third floor arrival brother
Nice work there. Keep doing what you are doing.
Third floor brother, that's when it really started to change for me. Sleep much better, diet and stomach much better, overall mood much better. Even grew an inch or two. Hope it's working for your too!!
Thank you guys for your support.  You all keep me heading in the right direction!  QUIT on brothers!

HOF Speech Here