Author Topic: Day 1  (Read 13447 times)

Offline Thefranks5

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 3/5/2020
  • Interests: Praising the Lord,tractor pulling for sure, anything to do with farming, hunting and soccer.
  • Likes Given: 220
Re: Day 1
« Reply #29 on: February 05, 2021, 06:33:04 AM »
Day 96

Small victory today. Since I quit, I did not feel comfortable staying at home by myself over night because I thought the temptation wouldn't be healthy for my quit. See, in the past when I was home alone, I would dip twice as much as I usually would. Well, today my wife and kid left to go out of town for the weekend to her parents house and I decided to stay here alone because I was confident that the temptation to dip would not be there. I had to run a few errands and the thought never even crossed my mind to buy a can. I can't control what will happen tomorrow, but I can say that today, I am still quit.
Awesome to hear and while she is gone keep your quit buddies at right there with ya. It can be a tough time right now even at 100 days and if you need help send me a pm and my digits are yours. You have come a long way to throw it all away.

Offline famous205

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 11/2/20
  • Interests: Golf, World of Warcraft, Coding
  • Likes Given: 60
« Reply #28 on: February 05, 2021, 01:34:35 AM »
Day 96

Small victory today. Since I quit, I did not feel comfortable staying at home by myself over night because I thought the temptation wouldn't be healthy for my quit. See, in the past when I was home alone, I would dip twice as much as I usually would. Well, today my wife and kid left to go out of town for the weekend to her parents house and I decided to stay here alone because I was confident that the temptation to dip would not be there. I had to run a few errands and the thought never even crossed my mind to buy a can. I can't control what will happen tomorrow, but I can say that today, I am still quit.

Offline FISHFLORIDA

• AUG 16' Traumatizer
  • Administrator
  • Quitting MoFo
  • The Adventures of Florida Man
  • Quit Date: 5/24/16
  • Interests: Saltwater Flyfishing
  • Likes Given: 1528
« Reply #27 on: January 09, 2021, 05:57:30 PM »
Keep crushing it!  There is no turning back now.  You've tasted freedom. 
Just one is right back to where you were and where you were was desperately wishing you were where you are now.- Via Flip
"But KNOW that quitting every day means that eventually you'll have to quit on the day Lassie kicks the bucket" - ZAM
My Intro
My HOF Speech

Offline EXBEARHAG

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 16 July, 2019
  • Likes Given: 825
« Reply #26 on: January 03, 2021, 01:48:42 AM »
Day 57

Christmas has come and gone and I have really enjoyed the time off of work and being able to spend it with my family, especially being dip free. It really is a freeing feeling to not have to constantly worry about getting caught or if I have enough with me. Honestly, as I get further along in my quit, I  find myself not really thinking about dip all that often. I  really think that taking the month of October to ween myself off has really helped in staying quit.

I also tallied up all of my bank statements from January 2020 - October 2020 to see exactly how much I spent on tobacco (I always bought from the same store). For those 10 months, I spent $1,500 on tobacco. It was eye opening just how much money I was spending on a product that is only trying to kill me.

@famous205 Brother your are crushing it! Keep up the great work!  It really is freeing, isn't it?!

Proud to be quit with you today!

-Jeff "jump"
@famous205 keep up the great quit you got going! There may be some funks coming your way, but you and your badass group will power right through! ODAAT. Proud to quit with you.

^^^^^ What she said^^^^^. You're doing great brother.  Just make sure you have a plan if the going gets tougher.  Plenty of us around and waiting to send some support if needed.  Keep up the good work man, keep those wins coming and be sure to reach out if/when you need it.  Proud to be holding the line with you my friend.

~HAG

Offline ankape

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 10.25.2019
  • Likes Given: 398
« Reply #25 on: January 03, 2021, 12:14:27 AM »
Day 57

Christmas has come and gone and I have really enjoyed the time off of work and being able to spend it with my family, especially being dip free. It really is a freeing feeling to not have to constantly worry about getting caught or if I have enough with me. Honestly, as I get further along in my quit, I  find myself not really thinking about dip all that often. I  really think that taking the month of October to ween myself off has really helped in staying quit.

I also tallied up all of my bank statements from January 2020 - October 2020 to see exactly how much I spent on tobacco (I always bought from the same store). For those 10 months, I spent $1,500 on tobacco. It was eye opening just how much money I was spending on a product that is only trying to kill me.

@famous205 Brother your are crushing it! Keep up the great work!  It really is freeing, isn't it?!

-Jeff "jump"
@famous205 keep up the great quit you got going! There may be some funks coming your way, but you and your badass group will power right through! ODAAT. Proud to quit with you.

Offline JeffH4257

• BANNED
  • Quitter
  • Quit Date: 11-15-2020
  • Likes Given: 1031
« Reply #24 on: December 28, 2020, 09:20:34 AM »
Day 57

-Jeff "jump"

Offline famous205

• Quitter
« Reply #23 on: December 28, 2020, 02:19:07 AM »
Day 57

Offline JeffH4257

• BANNED
  • Quitter
« Reply #22 on: December 03, 2020, 07:15:11 AM »
Day 32

This quit so far has been quite the journey. It's a journey that I knew would come in my 12 years of stuffing my lip with cat shit. I'm grateful for the support of my family, friends and the people on KTC who are here with me on my journey. As I've stated since I joined this site, my worst triggers happen at night, after everyone has gone to sleep. Recently, I've used this time to reflect on my quit and state the things I am grateful for in my life. 2020 has been a shit year for a lot of people, and here I am healthy with a loving wife and precious daughter, able to work from home with my job, and am surrounded by people who care about me. It's easy to sit back and feel sorry for yourself, but it takes work to appreciate what you have.

I've made it a goal to change my daily routine. I have ADHD and am very routine driven. My old routine was toxic and unhealthy not only for myself, but for my family. Last week I came across a video on YouTube that I have listened to when I need a pick me up for the day, and I think it would be beneficial for others to watch as well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TBuIGBCF9jc&list=LL&index=1

Admiral McRaven is the speaker in the video and lists 10 lessons he learned in Seal training that can be applied to everyone's daily life. The one that stuck out to me most was #10 (Never give up). In seal training, there is a brass bell that hangs in the center of the compound for everyone to see. All you have to do to quit is ring the bell. Ring the bell if you want to give up; Ring the bell if it gets too hard to handle; Ring the bell and you can go back to your old ways. I'm here to say that I will not ring the fucking bell.

I'm proud to be quit with you all.

Proud to be quit with you brother!!  Keep slaying!

Offline Thefranks5

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 3/5/2020
  • Interests: Praising the Lord,tractor pulling for sure, anything to do with farming, hunting and soccer.
  • Likes Given: 220
« Reply #21 on: December 03, 2020, 06:19:13 AM »
Day 32

This quit so far has been quite the journey. It's a journey that I knew would come in my 12 years of stuffing my lip with cat shit. I'm grateful for the support of my family, friends and the people on KTC who are here with me on my journey. As I've stated since I joined this site, my worst triggers happen at night, after everyone has gone to sleep. Recently, I've used this time to reflect on my quit and state the things I am grateful for in my life. 2020 has been a shit year for a lot of people, and here I am healthy with a loving wife and precious daughter, able to work from home with my job, and am surrounded by people who care about me. It's easy to sit back and feel sorry for yourself, but it takes work to appreciate what you have.

I've made it a goal to change my daily routine. I have ADHD and am very routine driven. My old routine was toxic and unhealthy not only for myself, but for my family. Last week I came across a video on YouTube that I have listened to when I need a pick me up for the day, and I think it would be beneficial for others to watch as well.

Admiral McRaven is the speaker in the video and lists 10 lessons he learned in Seal training that can be applied to everyone's daily life. The one that stuck out to me most was #10 (Never give up). In seal training, there is a brass bell that hangs in the center of the compound for everyone to see. All you have to do to quit is ring the bell. Ring the bell if you want to give up; Ring the bell if it gets too hard to handle; Ring the bell and you can go back to your old ways. I'm here to say that I will not ring the fucking bell.

Keep blogging it out brother. Not only is it great therapy and a record of your struggle but you would be surprised what it does for others. You have a great plan for your quit and your life after tobacco. You have recognized what needs to be done as most people don't and wander aimlessly. Your doing great my friend and if you need anything let me know.

Offline famous205

• Quitter
« Reply #20 on: December 03, 2020, 01:55:34 AM »
Day 32

Offline AppleJack

• Rockin’ in the free world...
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: April 17, 2013
  • Likes Given: 106
« Reply #19 on: November 24, 2020, 10:32:49 AM »
Day 22

Me and the family are at the in-laws this week for Thanksgiving. Before I quit dipping, this would be a time where I would have stayed home until closer to the holiday and dipped as much as possible while alone. I told my wife early in my quit that I don't feel comfortable staying home alone until I get further along in my quit; The temptation would just be too strong. The past two days have been tough for some reason. Another night of insomnia on Day 21, which caused me to take today off work since I got no sleep.

Like before, during the day when I'm with the family, I don't have any cravings. However, the past two nights when I'm up after everyone is in bed have been rough. It feels like a bad breakup where I know that I'm better off, but I still have thoughts of missing tobacco. It feels like a part of me is dead, even though that part that died is toxic and trying to kill me. I know this feeling will pass, but it doesn't make it any easier. I am just taking this one day at a time and keep reminding myself that this decision is for the best. As I get higher up on my number of days quit, the more I don't want to have to start this process all over again. Never again tobacco, never again.
We are here with you brother!  ODAAT for sure is the only way to go...Proud to be quit with you Kyle!!
@famous205 you will never regret quitting but you will always regret caving. You have my digits. Usage them as needed. You have people here that care about you and your quit.
This is good shiz m’man.
You need to know that these funks, these milestones of change in your brain and body, are real. They have no power over you, of course... but they ARE real. They’re typically a precursor to a really nice level up in your quit mo jo. With your attitude... no problem. The level of rewire that has to take place is kind of staggering. Especially if you’ve dipped for a loooooong time. Not that long term equals a greater level of addiction. Nope. The actual habit of the motions of the addiction AND what we tie it to in terms of pleasure/relaxation/productivity/etc become pretty damn hardwired.

Rewiring sucks.
Re-associating takes a helluva long time... or not. Everyone is different. Took me quite awhile BUT (I can’t stress this enough) this place helped. It worked. Without all the distraction that KTC provided I wouldn’t have made it.

Power through and be badass. You’re on that road and freedom is there with you. It’s worth it, man. Every bit. Ask me how I know...

AJ... 2,779 days and QLF
Well, it’s one louder, isn’t it? It’s not ten.

Offline Keith0617

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: October 5, 2018
  • Likes Given: 1619
« Reply #18 on: November 24, 2020, 10:17:52 AM »
Day 22

Me and the family are at the in-laws this week for Thanksgiving. Before I quit dipping, this would be a time where I would have stayed home until closer to the holiday and dipped as much as possible while alone. I told my wife early in my quit that I don't feel comfortable staying home alone until I get further along in my quit; The temptation would just be too strong. The past two days have been tough for some reason. Another night of insomnia on Day 21, which caused me to take today off work since I got no sleep.

Like before, during the day when I'm with the family, I don't have any cravings. However, the past two nights when I'm up after everyone is in bed have been rough. It feels like a bad breakup where I know that I'm better off, but I still have thoughts of missing tobacco. It feels like a part of me is dead, even though that part that died is toxic and trying to kill me. I know this feeling will pass, but it doesn't make it any easier. I am just taking this one day at a time and keep reminding myself that this decision is for the best. As I get higher up on my number of days quit, the more I don't want to have to start this process all over again. Never again tobacco, never again.
We are here with you brother!  ODAAT for sure is the only way to go...Proud to be quit with you Kyle!!
@famous205 you will never regret quitting but you will always regret caving. You have my digits. Usage them as needed. You have people here that care about you and your quit. 
Jan19

Offline JeffH4257

• BANNED
  • Quitter
« Reply #17 on: November 24, 2020, 09:08:50 AM »
Day 22

Offline Athan

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • Addict
  • Quit Date: January 1 2018
  • Interests: GodFamilyCountry
  • Likes Given: 1651
« Reply #16 on: November 24, 2020, 05:06:13 AM »
Day 22

I sure do appreciate you blogging this out. I forget what a slog it was at times. I do hope you've got some digits and are establishing a web of accountability. The cool thing is - you never have to go through this again! Quitting with you today.
"I hope you find a thousand reasons to quit today" Rawls
"I can't quit for you. I will quit with you" Ready
"There are two dogs in the fight, which one are you feeding?" SuperDave9000
"In the Navy we had morning muster. You never miss muster. You better be dead if you miss. If you are dying, you should have started crawling earlier, no excuse." Olcpo

The Science of Addiction
The Law of Addiction
The Road Called Recovery
My Intro and HOF Speech
Quitters I've met: Cbird, UncleRico, Gregor, KDip, Broccoli-saurus, Croakenhagen, BriagG, Koba, Kodiakdeath, Arrakisdq, McDave, Worktowin, SkolVikings, JGromo, GS9502, PaDutchman, Stillbrewing, A-Aron...
wildirish317
outdoortexan cancer

Offline famous205

• Quitter
« Reply #15 on: November 24, 2020, 01:02:04 AM »
Day 22