Offline ankape

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 10.25.2019
  • Likes Given: 398
Re: Day 1
« Reply #14 on: November 16, 2020, 04:33:24 PM »
Day 14

Since the pandemic happened, I've been fortunate enough to work from home. I work in cyber security and my job can be done 100% remote, and I do really enjoy being home. It's made my quit journey a little easier in the sense that I don't have to drive in to work by myself passing gas station after gas station. This past Thursday was my first real test. My wife, child and I were going to the in-laws which is about 2 and a half hour drive. They left earlier on Thursday, and I left after I got off work about 5pm. In the past, I would pack up, take my Adderall and enjoy the drive with a big ole' fatty in while I listened to my favorite security podcast. However, this time was going to be different, as I'm quit now, so I was nervous for this drive. I loaded up me and the dogs and the temptation to stop and buy a can of dip just wasn't there. When I start feeling a crave come on, I just think of my family and my quit group and this site, and tell myself that I'm stronger than some dumb ass plant that is trying to kill me.

As some in my group may know, I've been using my time at nights to start developing a website to house quit data from you awesome people. Less than a week into it, I've already got some awesome numbers to display and the numbers automatically increase each second. This is a great learning opportunity for me, as I've never done something like this before, but have always wanted to. The link below is what I have build so far, and I'm currently working on getting my domain setup to display this.
https://imgur.com/a/jeikgLZ

I'm still here, and I'm still quit.
I love this, Kyle! Such a cool idea. And you are wise to replace that time you used to spend dipping with something rewarding! Excited to see this grow.

Offline famous205

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 11/2/20
  • Interests: Golf, World of Warcraft, Coding
  • Likes Given: 60
« Reply #13 on: November 16, 2020, 12:52:05 AM »
Day 14

Since the pandemic happened, I've been fortunate enough to work from home. I work in cyber security and my job can be done 100% remote, and I do really enjoy being home. It's made my quit journey a little easier in the sense that I don't have to drive in to work by myself passing gas station after gas station. This past Thursday was my first real test. My wife, child and I were going to the in-laws which is about 2 and a half hour drive. They left earlier on Thursday, and I left after I got off work about 5pm. In the past, I would pack up, take my Adderall and enjoy the drive with a big ole' fatty in while I listened to my favorite security podcast. However, this time was going to be different, as I'm quit now, so I was nervous for this drive. I loaded up me and the dogs and the temptation to stop and buy a can of dip just wasn't there. When I start feeling a crave come on, I just think of my family and my quit group and this site, and tell myself that I'm stronger than some dumb ass plant that is trying to kill me.

As some in my group may know, I've been using my time at nights to start developing a website to house quit data from you awesome people. Less than a week into it, I've already got some awesome numbers to display and the numbers automatically increase each second. This is a great learning opportunity for me, as I've never done something like this before, but have always wanted to. The link below is what I have build so far, and I'm currently working on getting my domain setup to display this.
https://imgur.com/a/jeikgLZ

I'm still here, and I'm still quit.

Offline famous205

• Quitter
« Reply #12 on: November 09, 2020, 01:25:06 AM »
Day 8

My first week of being quit honestly hasn't been all that bad. I am just now recovering from a cold, which started after my 1st day being quit. When I'm sick, especially with sinus/throat issues, the last thing I want is a dip. Today was actually my first time to leave the house since I quit. My daughter and I went to Walmart to get some things, and on the way out, we passed by the tobacco section and the temptation to buy it just wasn't there.

My wife told me today that she can already see a change in me. Even when I was dipping, I never missed out on opportunities with my daughter. My father was never in my life from the time I was born, so I made damn sure that I will always be there for her. But it feels different now. I feel like I have more energy and that my mind is fully there when I spend time with my family. It's a relief to give them my full attention 100% of the time because I don't have the thoughts in the back of my mind that were saying, "man, I can't wait for tonight so I can have my nicotine fix." I can't express to you all how happy that makes me feel!

I know that I have a long road ahead, and I'm just taking all of this one day at a time (ODAAT). I'm committed to staying quit for good, for myself, but also for my wife and child who love me dearly.

Shoutout to @ankape, @Keith0617 and my Feb 2021 HOF group for helping me along this journey.

Offline famous205

• Quitter
« Reply #11 on: November 05, 2020, 06:48:19 PM »
Coming to the end of day 3 and it has not been fun, but I'm making it. I Slept for maybe 2 hours last night and woke up with a cold, so I took today off of work. The only good thing about being sick is that I don't crave a dip when I'm sick. Silver lining, right?

The cravings so far have only really been bad at night when my wife and kid are in bed, and I'm in my office all to myself, but I'm determined to beat this habit.
It isn’t a habit brother. It is an addiction. Big difference. Consider adjusting your routine and stay out of the office at night for a while. Also have some substitutes - gum, fake dip, etc. Collect and use those digits in the hard times. That means you need to develop some relationships.
I used to be in my office every night after bedtime alone getting the last dip (or 2, or 3) in. I ended up having the worst cravings then, too. Eventually I just started going to bed early to avoid it entirely. Nowadays I'm awake before everyone else and I go to bed right after my daughter. I ended up having to stop or change a whole lot of smaller habits that I associated with my addiction to be able to stay quit.

Yeah, that may be what I start doing. I was staying up too late anyways when I was dipping, and would be exhausted the next day. More sleep and feeling better throughout the day is definitely a positive thing.

Offline Zombo Funk

• LVL 1
  • Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quitter
    • HOF Speech
  • Quit Date: April 29, 2020
  • Likes Given: 345
« Reply #10 on: November 05, 2020, 05:18:44 PM »
Coming to the end of day 3 and it has not been fun, but I'm making it. I Slept for maybe 2 hours last night and woke up with a cold, so I took today off of work. The only good thing about being sick is that I don't crave a dip when I'm sick. Silver lining, right?

The cravings so far have only really been bad at night when my wife and kid are in bed, and I'm in my office all to myself, but I'm determined to beat this habit.
It isn’t a habit brother. It is an addiction. Big difference. Consider adjusting your routine and stay out of the office at night for a while. Also have some substitutes - gum, fake dip, etc. Collect and use those digits in the hard times. That means you need to develop some relationships.
I used to be in my office every night after bedtime alone getting the last dip (or 2, or 3) in. I ended up having the worst cravings then, too. Eventually I just started going to bed early to avoid it entirely. Nowadays I'm awake before everyone else and I go to bed right after my daughter. I ended up having to stop or change a whole lot of smaller habits that I associated with my addiction to be able to stay quit.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2020, 05:21:02 PM by Zombo Funk »

Offline Keith0617

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: October 5, 2018
  • Likes Given: 1633
« Reply #9 on: November 05, 2020, 07:44:09 AM »

Jan19

Offline famous205

• Quitter
« Reply #8 on: November 04, 2020, 11:45:56 PM »

Offline Hill_Monkey

• Uncultured swine
  • Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quitter
  • Quit Date: October 11th, 2020
  • Interests: Guns, shooting, hunting
  • Likes Given: 110
« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2020, 08:07:27 AM »
Quitting with famous205.

Wake up piss & post to roll.

Offline FullCurl

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 13
« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2020, 04:23:41 PM »
Kyle,

I’ve been here a week as a member. I hid behind the scenes reading all the great info and posts for 68 days of my quit. I started to really feel the negative side of my withdrawals and signed up. (check out my intro)Almost instantly I was contacted by members of the KTC brotherhood. You’re making a good choice! If you ever have any thoughts of what the hell is going on with me, I’m sure someone has/is going through the same ordeal. The fellas here have had my back since day one and I’m so happy these guys were man enough to reach out and express their experiences. Keep fighting that urge and congrats on getting your arms around this thing!

Offline ankape

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 10.25.2019
  • Likes Given: 398
« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2020, 12:48:07 AM »
Hey all, my name is Kyle and I have been dipping for going on 12 years now. It all started when I was 19 and one of my best buddies had just got back from Basic training in the military. When he came back home, he had this tin of Grizzly Wintergreen long cut. I was curious what it tasted like and asked him if I could try it. When I first tried dip, the taste was terrible and the buzz was insane. It never made me sick, but looking back on those days, I wish it would have. My addiction started out, like many of you, to fit in with my friends. Over the years, I went from bumming dips from friends, to buying my own can.

I got married in 2016 and hid it from my wife. I went from living on my own, dipping whenever I wanted, to hiding it from her. She found my stash several times throughout the years, but I would downplay my addiction and tell her I only do it on random occasions. In 2018, my first child was born and I told myself I would quit then, but didn't. Fast forward to October of this year. My child and I go to the store to pickup some groceries, and my wife goes into my office to get something and sees my backpack open with my Grizzly cans in clear view. She tells me about it that night and broke down into tears. It made me really think about my addiction to this shit.

I then made it my mission to get rid of this nasty habit not only for myself, but for my wife and daughter who love me dearly. No more spending 45 minutes in the bathroom to dip, or staying up late into the night after everyone is asleep to get that last dip of the night. I've missed out on too many opportunities because I would rather be by myself and dip.

Today is the day, Day 1 of my quit journey. It will be tough, but I'm determined to not let this thing beat me.
Welcome @famous205 . Here is the link to taking your freedom back https://ktcforum.org/index.php?topic=16776.msg8241732#msg8241732 . We wake up, piss, and post our promise to stay nicotine free for the day and then keep our work. Repeat the process the following day. Worry about quitting today only. We will deal with tomorrow when it gets here. Make some connections with fellow quitters. Those relationships will come in huge on hard days.

Few words to think about. Make sure you are quitting for yourself and not your wife and daughter. You have to want to do this for you. It isn't a nasty habit, it is a full blown addiction.

If you really want this you can do it. Reach out if I can help.
Nicotine is toxic, and so is guilt...

Offline Keith0617

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2020, 06:18:56 PM »
Thanks for the information, @Keith0617. Posting this from my phone because internet has been out for a few hours. As soon as it comes back, I will post roll.
You can post roll from your phone as well. I do it a fair bit. Happy to walk you through it. Check your messages as I will send you my digits.
Jan19

Offline famous205

• Quitter
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2020, 06:05:57 PM »
Thanks for the information, @Keith0617. Posting this from my phone because internet has been out for a few hours. As soon as it comes back, I will post roll.

Offline Keith0617

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2020, 03:48:19 PM »
Hey all, my name is Kyle and I have been dipping for going on 12 years now. It all started when I was 19 and one of my best buddies had just got back from Basic training in the military. When he came back home, he had this tin of Grizzly Wintergreen long cut. I was curious what it tasted like and asked him if I could try it. When I first tried dip, the taste was terrible and the buzz was insane. It never made me sick, but looking back on those days, I wish it would have. My addiction started out, like many of you, to fit in with my friends. Over the years, I went from bumming dips from friends, to buying my own can.

I got married in 2016 and hid it from my wife. I went from living on my own, dipping whenever I wanted, to hiding it from her. She found my stash several times throughout the years, but I would downplay my addiction and tell her I only do it on random occasions. In 2018, my first child was born and I told myself I would quit then, but didn't. Fast forward to October of this year. My child and I go to the store to pickup some groceries, and my wife goes into my office to get something and sees my backpack open with my Grizzly cans in clear view. She tells me about it that night and broke down into tears. It made me really think about my addiction to this shit.

I then made it my mission to get rid of this nasty habit not only for myself, but for my wife and daughter who love me dearly. No more spending 45 minutes in the bathroom to dip, or staying up late into the night after everyone is asleep to get that last dip of the night. I've missed out on too many opportunities because I would rather be by myself and dip.

Today is the day, Day 1 of my quit journey. It will be tough, but I'm determined to not let this thing beat me.
Welcome @famous205 . Here is the link to taking your freedom back https://ktcforum.org/index.php?topic=16776.msg8241732#msg8241732 . We wake up, piss, and post our promise to stay nicotine free for the day and then keep our work. Repeat the process the following day. Worry about quitting today only. We will deal with tomorrow when it gets here. Make some connections with fellow quitters. Those relationships will come in huge on hard days.

Few words to think about. Make sure you are quitting for yourself and not your wife and daughter. You have to want to do this for you. It isn't a nasty habit, it is a full blown addiction.

If you really want this you can do it. Reach out if I can help.
Jan19

Offline famous205

• Quitter
Day 1
« on: November 02, 2020, 01:44:43 PM »