Author Topic: The Quit.  (Read 30557 times)

Offline nick-Otine Free

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quitting MoFo
  • LTBE- Quittin since 12/30/20
  • Interests: traveling,Hunting,backpacking, Fully Sending it, working out, reading, God, Motivation
  • Likes Given: 1868
Re: The Quit.
« Reply #75 on: March 12, 2021, 02:48:43 PM »
Peaceful easy feeling Got that Friday Good vibin'  kinda quit today.

'Cause I gota peacefullllllll easy Quittin'
And I know my brothers won't let me down
'Cause I'm already standin'
On the ground

Only make challenges as hard as you want to in this life friends. Guests , i hope ya snag a spot on that awesome June 21 spot. saving your life has never been so easy, take the embarrassment off yourself finally and do something noble. Quit for yourself today and only yourself and will help ya drink the kool-aid . Takes some real Guts to do what we do here everyday. sing that song above and lets take this one day at a time, because thats all we have at this givin moment.

Proud to be quitting with everyone here at KTC , Its impacted my life in a way that even i am not fully sure of how right now, but i no its good. Each person and group and woven and entangled in a perfect design to save ones life. Just as a Doctor and EMT rush to their patients my brethren rush to me when i need them, and i to them when they need me. "Its a peaceful easy feelin'" in the storm of nicotine and the rewireing of your body from its dependency, it nice to know there is a light. LTBE- ILL BE QUITTIN with you newbie quest soon, and will ALways be Quttin with those allready here!
« Last Edit: March 12, 2021, 03:06:17 PM by nick-Otine Free »
I may not be a smart man, but I know what quit is! -Quitest Gump-
     -Don't plan for the future, Quit for today!-
"The way to get started is to (quit) talking and begin doing." Walt Disney
~you cant plan your quit you just have to do it, both feet free fall.~
"Cowards die many times before their deaths, the Valiant never taste of death but once"
Daily Devotional

Offline Thefranks5

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 3/5/2020
  • Interests: Praising the Lord,tractor pulling for sure, anything to do with farming, hunting and soccer.
  • Likes Given: 220
« Reply #74 on: March 11, 2021, 05:26:10 PM »
Another reason to stay quit.

Ive been back and forth on weather to post about this, but i decided it may help others to quit or for those here already continue to stay quit.
Last December , Right after Christmas  my uncle (age 50) found out he has a rare throat stage 4a cancer .  My uncle swears he got it from dipping all these years. (doctors don't have 100% proof its from tobacco) but it likely is. he also has a serious heart condition where his valves are blocked. so the weeks have been up and down as the doctors decide which they try to treat first, a bad aggressive cancer, or a failing heart. unfortunately  with his heart he has only had 1 chemo round out of the 3 he should already have had. he got rushed to the hospital today because of his heart. you see he dipped for as long as i can remember. Every one in these flat lands of ohio boy seem to dip, so he was just another pawn in big tobaccos game. i Remember being scared of my parents knowing i chewed, but when i would go out with my uncle to cut wood or bail hay i noticed him packing his lip all the time. I also remember the shock and pride i felt when i was 19or 20 and me and my uncle were working on shingling his roof , and he asked me for a dip, (he was a wintergreen longhorn dipper i was a wintergreen grizzly guy). It was like hell yea look at me and my uncle grinding this job out with big dips in and he needed a dip from me how cool.
    *Back to the present* i get to watch my uncle swell up, face look like a balloon, watch his hair start falling out. This man i look up to being tore apart by the mistakes of our past and the addiction we held onto. He is in utter and complete misery! He is a man that never askes for anything , takes pride in everything he does, and is stubborn as a mule. Now he needs help in almost all aspects , i can see his tired eyes and hate for his situation. I watch him and think this still could be me, it could be anyone of us who became a pickle. 3 months in at the age 50 and everyday his life is on the line. i have hope but reality is bleak.
    i will update his journey as i find things out, but no if a story of a prideful man brought down to his knees because the nic bitch gave him cancer, don't make you toss that fucking can , i don't no what will. ( i Quit for myself before he told me he had cancer) I hope you make the right choice today guest and save your life. And for those wavering and struggling here at KTC read this and think better of putting that Horse shit in your mouth!

~nick-Otine Free 72, LTBE~

The fact that I am at an increased risk for cancer is why I quit. Hopefully the hypochondriac fear lessens as the days pass but the the fact that I was slowly killing myself was a contributing factor to one of my quits.
Fear can be a significant motivating factor. Just make sure when that fear subsides you don't justify feeding your addiction again. Quitting because you desire the freedom of not being controlled by a dead, poisonous plant in a plastic can is a more pure motive that will sustain you far into your quit.

ODAAT

Great to hear Nic and keep doing what you do. I am nervous still to think that could happen to me but it is ironic that we never thought of that when we chewed. My wives coworkers husband was diagnosed 3 years ago with cancer, went thru the chemo/radiation and many many surgeries. Well he started to have discharges from his jaw because it just never healed so they took a sample and it came back positive for cancer. It sucks as he can no longer get chemo/radiation and they have nothing left to operate on. They are going to try an experimental drug that they hope will keep it from spreading but we don't know yet. I am just over one year quit but I still chewed for two years after he was diagnosed so that dadburned weed is good at telling us that all is well. I have two boys that I tell all the time to not even try it as its not worth it. I know that they will do what they want once out of the house but if I can keep them clean for now they will remember that. I just had a long conversation with a fellow quitter today about still having that desire and crave even a year in. He said that overcoming alcoholism was easier for him then quitting dip. So that tells ya how bad of a pull this crap really does have on us. So for all the newbies and lurkers, there are plenty of vets here that will help you out if you ask. I for one am grateful for the vets that called me out and helped me out. I am grateful for the vets that called my cell phone when I sent a t disturbing text to them. I am grateful for the new guys that I am helping because when you help others you ultimately are helping yourself. Thanks again to all here on KTC and put your heart into your quit, it is more then worth it and you will be GRATEFUL. God bless you all

Doug

Offline MN_Engineer

• QLAMF ODAAT
  • Administrator
  • Master of Quit
  • Aug '16 Trauma-Tizers
  • Quit Date: 04-25-2016
  • Interests: All things Mopar, Rick and Morty fan, MN Twins for life!
  • Likes Given: 4332
« Reply #73 on: March 11, 2021, 12:32:39 PM »

Ive been back and forth on weather to post about this, but i decided it may help others to quit or for those here already continue to stay quit.
Last December , Right after Christmas  my uncle (age 50) found out he has a rare throat stage 4a cancer .  My uncle swears he got it from dipping all these years. (doctors don't have 100% proof its from tobacco) but it likely is. he also has a serious heart condition where his valves are blocked. so the weeks have been up and down as the doctors decide which they try to treat first, a bad aggressive cancer, or a failing heart. unfortunately  with his heart he has only had 1 chemo round out of the 3 he should already have had. he got rushed to the hospital today because of his heart. you see he dipped for as long as i can remember. Every one in these flat lands of ohio boy seem to dip, so he was just another pawn in big tobaccos game. i Remember being scared of my parents knowing i chewed, but when i would go out with my uncle to cut wood or bail hay i noticed him packing his lip all the time. I also remember the shock and pride i felt when i was 19or 20 and me and my uncle were working on shingling his roof , and he asked me for a dip, (he was a wintergreen longhorn dipper i was a wintergreen grizzly guy). It was like hell yea look at me and my uncle grinding this job out with big dips in and he needed a dip from me how cool.
    *Back to the present* i get to watch my uncle swell up, face look like a balloon, watch his hair start falling out. This man i look up to being tore apart by the mistakes of our past and the addiction we held onto. He is in utter and complete misery! He is a man that never askes for anything , takes pride in everything he does, and is stubborn as a mule. Now he needs help in almost all aspects , i can see his tired eyes and hate for his situation. I watch him and think this still could be me, it could be anyone of us who became a pickle. 3 months in at the age 50 and everyday his life is on the line. i have hope but reality is bleak.
    i will update his journey as i find things out, but no if a story of a prideful man brought down to his knees because the nic bitch gave him cancer, don't make you toss that fucking can , i don't no what will. ( i Quit for myself before he told me he had cancer) I hope you make the right choice today guest and save your life. And for those wavering and struggling here at KTC read this and think better of putting that Horse shit in your mouth!

The fact that I am at an increased risk for cancer is why I quit. Hopefully the hypochondriac fear lessens as the days pass but the the fact that I was slowly killing myself was a contributing factor to one of my quits.
Fear can be a significant motivating factor. Just make sure when that fear subsides you don't justify feeding your addiction again. Quitting because you desire the freedom of not being controlled by a dead, poisonous plant in a plastic can is a more pure motive that will sustain you far into your quit.

ODAAT
Quit: 04.25.16 | HOF: 08.02.16 | 2nd FL: 11.10.16 | 3rd FL: 02.18.17 | 4th FL: 05.29.17 | 5th FL: 09.06.17 | 6th FL: 12.15.17 | 7th FL: 03.25.18 |
8th FL: 07.03.18 | 9th FL: 10.11.18 | Comma: 01.19.19 | 11th FL: 04.29.19 | 12th FL: 08.07.19 | 13th FL: 11.15.19 | 14th FL: 02.23.20 |
15th FL: 06.02.20 | 16th FL: 09.10.20 | 17th FL: 12.19.20 | 18th FL: 03.29.21 | 19th FL: 07.07.21 | Comma 2x: 10.15.21 | 21st FL: 01.23.22 |
22nd FL: 05.03.22 | 23rd FL: 08.11.22 | 24th FL: 11.19.22 | 25th FL: 02.27.23 | 26th FL: 06.07.23 | 27th FL: 09.15.23 | 28th FL: 12.24.23 |

"From Skoal to Skol!" My HOF Speech HERE!
"There is no victory without a battle."
"Cave = losing an argument to a dead plant in a plastic can. You are smarter than a dead plant." - Candoit
"The truth is the truth even if no one believes it, and a lie is a lie, even if everyone believes it." - Bishop Fulton J. Sheen

Feel like throwing in the towel? Sign the "Contract to Give Up" HERE
Phat Pauly - Part 1 || Phat Pauly - Part 2 || DeanTheCoot - Pencil Poop

Offline macattack

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quitter
  • April Thunderbirds 2021
  • Likes Given: 257
« Reply #72 on: March 11, 2021, 11:15:28 AM »

Quit 12.23.20 | HOF 04.01.21 | 2nd Floor 07.10.21 | 3rd Floor 10.18.21 | 1 YR 12.23.21 | 4th Floor 01.26.22

Offline nick-Otine Free

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quitting MoFo
  • Interests: traveling,Hunting,backpacking, Fully Sending it, working out, reading, God, Motivation
« Reply #71 on: March 11, 2021, 10:44:44 AM »

"Cowards die many times before their deaths, the Valiant never taste of death but once"
Daily Devotional

Offline nick-Otine Free

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quitting MoFo
« Reply #70 on: March 10, 2021, 02:05:48 PM »
~Day 70~

The journey to seventy has been a interesting one. It feels like time has slowed since i was at day 30. don't get me wrong its still been really hard, but i feel each set of 10 comes with there own challenges. the downside of 60s were the headache and nausea i felt every morning, like a wave beating against a stone reminding me of that stupid mistake i made 14 years ago. but on the upswing i didnt have any fog, i think only 1 dip dream, im sleeping better and better as i stack days, my craves have always been strong but i have been mentally adjusting so that i only use about 1-2 fake dips a day now and just deal with the crave like a beckoning old friend across the fence, but you know your not allowed to go out and play. for those newbies and guest reading i hope this helps you on your journey. has it been easy, No, but every day i wake up and post roll like clock work and stack another day of quittin on the pile. I advance my quit by reading the archives here at KTC, playing wildcard, and do my best to motivate, push, and lead our april 21 thunderbird group.  I would not have it any other way. sitting at 70 is like climbing that 3 mile uphill mountain, your legs are quivering, lungs about to bust with exhaustion, your brain telling you this is stupid and to turn around and go home, but just when your about to break you hit that peak. You look down at the valley and waves of trees below, and than you look up to a sunset with streaks of pink and purple splattered across the sky. you smile, just for a second knowing that effort was worth every ache and pain, and than you head down and onward because you got more trail ahead. More dirt to pound, more challenges and accomplishment on the horizon before you can rest. ( 70 is just one of the many peaks ive hit, God bless everyone here at KTC and lets keep arrow straight and true ) LTBE - EDD - QLAMF - NAFAR- WE AFTER IT!

You are absolutely crushing it my friend!  Stick to your routine!

PTBQWYT

-Jeff
Great job quitting one day at a time!  Keep blogging it out and sharing your quit experience.  It is a great way to pay it forward and help others.
You're in the thick of it for sure. Stay the course. Badass.
Thanks CD love reading your stuff hear around the site. damn proud to be quittin with ya.
Daily Devotional

Offline nick-Otine Free

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quitting MoFo
« Reply #69 on: March 10, 2021, 02:03:35 PM »
~Day 70~

The journey to seventy has been a interesting one. It feels like time has slowed since i was at day 30. don't get me wrong its still been really hard, but i feel each set of 10 comes with there own challenges. the downside of 60s were the headache and nausea i felt every morning, like a wave beating against a stone reminding me of that stupid mistake i made 14 years ago. but on the upswing i didnt have any fog, i think only 1 dip dream, im sleeping better and better as i stack days, my craves have always been strong but i have been mentally adjusting so that i only use about 1-2 fake dips a day now and just deal with the crave like a beckoning old friend across the fence, but you know your not allowed to go out and play. for those newbies and guest reading i hope this helps you on your journey. has it been easy, No, but every day i wake up and post roll like clock work and stack another day of quittin on the pile. I advance my quit by reading the archives here at KTC, playing wildcard, and do my best to motivate, push, and lead our april 21 thunderbird group.  I would not have it any other way. sitting at 70 is like climbing that 3 mile uphill mountain, your legs are quivering, lungs about to bust with exhaustion, your brain telling you this is stupid and to turn around and go home, but just when your about to break you hit that peak. You look down at the valley and waves of trees below, and than you look up to a sunset with streaks of pink and purple splattered across the sky. you smile, just for a second knowing that effort was worth every ache and pain, and than you head down and onward because you got more trail ahead. More dirt to pound, more challenges and accomplishment on the horizon before you can rest. ( 70 is just one of the many peaks ive hit, God bless everyone here at KTC and lets keep arrow straight and true ) LTBE - EDD - QLAMF - NAFAR- WE AFTER IT!

Keep up the badass quitting brother
appreciate you man, one thing we know for sure is will never dip again, and there is a relief in knowing that! always holding the shield to your left brother quit on quitting on!
Daily Devotional

Offline macattack

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quitter
  • April Thunderbirds 2021
  • Likes Given: 257
« Reply #68 on: March 10, 2021, 01:57:43 PM »
~Day 70~

Keep up the badass quitting brother
Quit 12.23.20 | HOF 04.01.21 | 2nd Floor 07.10.21 | 3rd Floor 10.18.21 | 1 YR 12.23.21 | 4th Floor 01.26.22

Offline ChickDip

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • July 2015 Jackals
    • HOF speech
  • Quit Date: 3/30/2015
  • Interests: (July2015 Quit Group) ((7-07-2015 100 days)) ....Quit Day March 30.... Fish Slaying, Hunting, Camping, Hiking, Mtn Biking, Cooking, Sammich-making, Poker, movies, watching Pro Baseball, anything outdoors
  • Likes Given: 2012
« Reply #67 on: March 10, 2021, 01:48:43 PM »
~Day 70~

PTBQWYT

-Jeff
Great job quitting one day at a time!  Keep blogging it out and sharing your quit experience.  It is a great way to pay it forward and help others.
You're in the thick of it for sure. Stay the course. Badass.
July 2015 Jackals - House of WUPP
"....the load doesn't weigh me down at all, he ain't heavy he's my brother"
Try to believe that you are worth more than you think, and others are worth more than you think.
"If you haven't... Quit now......If you have... Stay that way " ~AppleJack
"Make It Through Today" WarE2013 (Rest Easy)
"I am quit... for today... with you... but not FOR you" ~LBP
"Endeavor to Persevere!" Lone Waite

my intro / my HOF speech / my comma club
Building a Strong Quit / My HOF Day

Offline oldschool

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Quit King
  • Quit Date: 10/08/2018
  • Likes Given: 397
« Reply #66 on: March 09, 2021, 12:32:08 PM »
~Day 70~

PTBQWYT

-Jeff
The only time you fail, is if you don't try

Offline JeffH4257

• BANNED
  • Quitter
  • Quit Date: 11-15-2020
  • Likes Given: 1031
« Reply #65 on: March 09, 2021, 11:14:22 AM »
~Day 70~

PTBQWYT

-Jeff

Offline nick-Otine Free

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quitting MoFo
« Reply #64 on: March 09, 2021, 09:24:56 AM »
~Day 70~

Daily Devotional

Offline nick-Otine Free

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quitting MoFo
« Reply #63 on: March 06, 2021, 09:24:38 AM »
I’m a proud Uncle again! My sister had her baby yesterday both healthy! The only reason I’m adding this is because this is her 3rd and my first time nicotine free! This little one will never seen me on nicotine. I’m sure one day I’ll tell her I’m a addict and that I at one point in my life was knowingly killing myself. Her two older kids 5 and 4 would always ask me what o was doing when the cought me putting a dip in( kids are so intuitive and nosey) or they would see the circle in my pocket and try to pull it out because they were curious asking if they could have some or the notorious (why). With embarrassment I just told them it’s only for adults and it’s not good for them as my sister eyes me with disgust! I’d send a nod of apology and guilt to her and go out the can in my car. Not-Again-For-Any-Reason will I have to do this! 67 LTBE
Congrats nick!
thanks man! Just another thing that motivates me to stay quit! God is good!
Daily Devotional

Offline Aggies94

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quitter
  • Likes Given: 278
« Reply #62 on: March 06, 2021, 09:23:09 AM »
I’m a proud Uncle again! My sister had her baby yesterday both healthy! The only reason I’m adding this is because this is her 3rd and my first time nicotine free! This little one will never seen me on nicotine. I’m sure one day I’ll tell her I’m a addict and that I at one point in my life was knowingly killing myself. Her two older kids 5 and 4 would always ask me what o was doing when the cought me putting a dip in( kids are so intuitive and nosey) or they would see the circle in my pocket and try to pull it out because they were curious asking if they could have some or the notorious (why). With embarrassment I just told them it’s only for adults and it’s not good for them as my sister eyes me with disgust! I’d send a nod of apology and guilt to her and go out the can in my car. Not-Again-For-Any-Reason will I have to do this! 67 LTBE
Congrats nick!
It ain't dying I'm talking about, it's living!

Offline nick-Otine Free

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quitting MoFo
« Reply #61 on: March 06, 2021, 06:46:56 AM »
Daily Devotional