Author Topic: The Quit.  (Read 31902 times)

Offline nick-Otine Free

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quitting MoFo
  • LTBE- Quittin since 12/30/20
  • Interests: traveling,Hunting,backpacking, Fully Sending it, working out, reading, God, Motivation
  • Likes Given: 1868
Re: The Quit.
« Reply #90 on: March 16, 2021, 07:33:33 AM »

This is a great message for not only guest to get off their ass and quit but for people like myself that are in the funk. listen to it, watch it, and apply it to your quit. some snip-its are: Courage, most people go through life not allowing themselves to step out because they don't want to let go(toss that fucking can). they dont wanna be blown around! they dont want to be moved!(dipping is just to damn important to them). The courage to face lies, whirling, wind of contradictions! The courage to love your self more than addiction! Courage is not for somebody else, for metals, or applauses. it what feels most right to you.(cant plan your quit you just have to do it, both feet free fall). "Cowards die many times before their deaths, the Valiant never taste of death but once" does that mean valiant people are not afraid ? No, Just means us hear at KTC have experienced that fear but still moved forward. Do or Die, Sink or Swim What you will find out is you Develop incredible swimming skills. Put yourself in a position where you cant Retreat! JUNE 21 ROLL throw your whole self into it! most people go at it tentatively. they dont go all in, they dont pick up all the tools.

Today is day 77 in my quit and i appreciate you my brothers here and in my test messages. the funk is real , its holding on but im not as shocked any more it hit me Sunday afternoon out of the blue. Lucky i reached out to some guys i was in a deep crave and may have slid off my ledge lucky i was tied down and got a phone call from stillbrewing that good chance saved my quit. KTC pulled me back up to my edge again to resume battle. yes im back to being foggy, craving worse than i remember, no sleep, crazy nauseas in the morning drinking a ass load off water really has helped thanks JEFF for the advice. Mentally checked myself and here we are again, like i am every morning. This shit works folks and if ya sit around planing a quit and using, but whens, i wills, its because of this statements you will be chewing the rest of your life and killing yourself slowly. 

~Nick-Otine Free-7(7)- day 77 or day 7 feels the same but I'm prepared. LTBE- All you can do is all you can do, and all you can do is Enough. seems confusing buts its not read it again and again eventually you will correlate with it.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2021, 07:41:19 AM by nick-Otine Free »
I may not be a smart man, but I know what quit is! -Quitest Gump-
     -Don't plan for the future, Quit for today!-
"The way to get started is to (quit) talking and begin doing." Walt Disney
~you cant plan your quit you just have to do it, both feet free fall.~
"Cowards die many times before their deaths, the Valiant never taste of death but once"
Daily Devotional

Offline EXBEARHAG

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 16 July, 2019
  • Likes Given: 825
« Reply #89 on: March 15, 2021, 10:16:49 PM »
how ya livin' , Just stand

Feeling back to day 1, Craves that are hitting me so hard it almost makes my eyes water thank god for fakes and the support hear at KTC. Feeling foggy, got a couple hours of sleep, jaw hurts pretty good, craving itchs at day 75. hopefully this don't last long feeling miserible but motivation like linked above keep me pushing forward. quiting is hard but worth it. stay quit brothers , im putting my head down and buckling my boot straps to get past this mountain.

I know you've been told this before, but I'm gonna throw it up again, only because sometimes in the fog we 'forget' or only 'kinda listen'.

THE ONLY THINGS the worked for Freddi;

1) Drink.  I mean lots of water. Like; I have to pee all the time. amount.  I had pretty good luck with Dt.Dew, too. (drinking a lot of it on the fog days) Yes I understand that that is it's own problem, with all the caffeine.....but I've never heard of anyone getting cancer from caffiene.
2) MOVE.  Walk.  Jog. Jumping Jacks.  DO SOMETHING.   Fresh air seems to make it better faster.

You got this....don't let the bitch play.

I've taken up pickleball in my old age of 31 to curb the cravings
that some kind of weird game , that you drop your satchel in pickle juice or something?  ;)

its geared for old people who can't play tennis anymore but want to be "active"
lol so you play penuckle than as well. will get ya a cain and a chair brother.

I love penuckle, that and Euchre. I'm a michigan boy till the day I die

All the 'trump card' games....Hearts, Spades, Euchre...love them all.  Any game that lets you complete fuck someone over when you get good....I love them!
i like them games as well, and are we gonna not act like you throwing that M bomb on my intro page!! OH.................

Am I supposed to say sorry?  Or did I get your brain busy in a new direction.......you decide! (trump card, trump card, trump card.....)

Geri's Game

Is the type of game you all are talking about?
Love seeing this Nic. How is that crave now? Keep it up young man your doing great.

Hey Nic.  I hear ya brother.  Just today I was yearning for something and found myself subconsciously patting my back pocket for the can that hasn't been there for 609 days.  The battle is real and goes on. 

The good news, and difference between this quit and previous stoppages, is that we have this place.  Posting roll, keeping my promise, making connections with other like minded people...these things have made the difference for me.  I didn't believe they would when I first signed on but I was wrong.  Keep doing what you're doing, use your tools, follow the program and you'll succeed.

PTBQWYT my friend

~HAG

Offline Thefranks5

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 3/5/2020
  • Interests: Praising the Lord,tractor pulling for sure, anything to do with farming, hunting and soccer.
  • Likes Given: 220
« Reply #88 on: March 15, 2021, 08:42:23 PM »

Feeling back to day 1, Craves that are hitting me so hard it almost makes my eyes water thank god for fakes and the support hear at KTC. Feeling foggy, got a couple hours of sleep, jaw hurts pretty good, craving itchs at day 75. hopefully this don't last long feeling miserible but motivation like linked above keep me pushing forward. quiting is hard but worth it. stay quit brothers , im putting my head down and buckling my boot straps to get past this mountain.

I know you've been told this before, but I'm gonna throw it up again, only because sometimes in the fog we 'forget' or only 'kinda listen'.

1) Drink.  I mean lots of water. Like; I have to pee all the time. amount.  I had pretty good luck with Dt.Dew, too. (drinking a lot of it on the fog days) Yes I understand that that is it's own problem, with all the caffeine.....but I've never heard of anyone getting cancer from caffiene.
2) MOVE.  Walk.  Jog. Jumping Jacks.  DO SOMETHING.   Fresh air seems to make it better faster.

that some kind of weird game , that you drop your satchel in pickle juice or something?  ;)

All the 'trump card' games....Hearts, Spades, Euchre...love them all.  Any game that lets you complete fuck someone over when you get good....I love them!
i like them games as well, and are we gonna not act like you throwing that M bomb on my intro page!! OH.................

Am I supposed to say sorry?  Or did I get your brain busy in a new direction.......you decide! (trump card, trump card, trump card.....)

Geri's Game

Love seeing this Nic. How is that crave now? Keep it up young man your doing great.

Offline JeffH4257

• BANNED
  • Quitter
  • Quit Date: 11-15-2020
  • Likes Given: 1031
« Reply #87 on: March 15, 2021, 04:29:25 PM »

Geri's Game

Offline Freddi

• Quit Pro
  • Hateful Loner - Dec 2020
  • Quit Date: 8/25/2020
  • Likes Given: 564
« Reply #86 on: March 15, 2021, 03:33:53 PM »

I do not suffer from insanity....I enjoy every moment of it.

My HOF Speech - https://ktcforum.org/index.php?topic=16842.0

Favorite quote:  Deservant of a throat punch.  'bang head'  - bubblehed668

Favorite 'report': This moderator is harassing me not posting every single day. This is ridiculous. - Clueless

Offline nick-Otine Free

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quitting MoFo
  • Interests: traveling,Hunting,backpacking, Fully Sending it, working out, reading, God, Motivation
« Reply #85 on: March 15, 2021, 03:29:13 PM »

"Cowards die many times before their deaths, the Valiant never taste of death but once"
Daily Devotional

Offline Freddi

• Quit Pro
« Reply #84 on: March 15, 2021, 03:24:39 PM »

Favorite 'report': This moderator is harassing me not posting every single day. This is ridiculous. - Clueless

Offline macattack

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quitter
  • April Thunderbirds 2021
  • Likes Given: 257
« Reply #83 on: March 15, 2021, 03:07:07 PM »

Quit 12.23.20 | HOF 04.01.21 | 2nd Floor 07.10.21 | 3rd Floor 10.18.21 | 1 YR 12.23.21 | 4th Floor 01.26.22

Offline nick-Otine Free

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quitting MoFo
« Reply #82 on: March 15, 2021, 03:02:53 PM »

Daily Devotional

Offline macattack

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quitter
« Reply #81 on: March 15, 2021, 02:52:27 PM »

Quit 12.23.20 | HOF 04.01.21 | 2nd Floor 07.10.21 | 3rd Floor 10.18.21 | 1 YR 12.23.21 | 4th Floor 01.26.22

Offline nick-Otine Free

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quitting MoFo
« Reply #80 on: March 15, 2021, 02:51:45 PM »

that some kind of weird game , that you drop your satchel in a jar of pickle juice or something?  ;)
Daily Devotional

Offline macattack

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quitter
« Reply #79 on: March 15, 2021, 02:43:50 PM »

Offline Freddi

• Quit Pro
« Reply #78 on: March 15, 2021, 02:31:19 PM »

Offline macattack

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quitter
« Reply #77 on: March 15, 2021, 08:43:51 AM »

Hang in there brother, you have my digits if you need them. The Fog is no joke. It lasted ten days for me. You'll hit a high like I did once its over. IQWYT

Offline nick-Otine Free

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quitting MoFo
« Reply #76 on: March 15, 2021, 07:53:12 AM »

« Last Edit: March 15, 2021, 07:58:10 AM by nick-Otine Free »
Daily Devotional