Author Topic: New to this  (Read 3315 times)

Offline nick-Otine Free

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quitting MoFo
  • LTBE- Quittin since 12/30/20
  • Interests: traveling,Hunting,backpacking, Fully Sending it, working out, reading, God, Motivation
  • Likes Given: 1868
Re: New to this
« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2021, 08:46:17 AM »
Thanks for the advice, I needed to hear that. Quitting gradually I think was an subconscious excuse to not quit now. And deep down I think I know gradual won’t work so here we go.
Stay after it brother, make sure you check in a couple times a day, today you are on Day 2 , dont worry if you dont get roll correct we will fix it, all that matters is you get your name and day count in there. Its  your promise to yourself that you make make it a mislay 24 hours without dipping. slow and easy for today and tommorow will worry about it when it comes. i post my promise to myself eary every morn to take my cave off the table and also to let other quitters like yourself that aint no way in hell im letting nicotine back into my body for at least 24 hours. First couple days are hard man and if you need any help or advice give me your number in PMs and ill chat with ya. LTBE (LET TODAY BE ENOUGH)
I may not be a smart man, but I know what quit is! -Quitest Gump-
     -Don't plan for the future, Quit for today!-
"The way to get started is to (quit) talking and begin doing." Walt Disney
~you cant plan your quit you just have to do it, both feet free fall.~
"Cowards die many times before their deaths, the Valiant never taste of death but once"
Daily Devotional

Offline eauge

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quitter
  • Interests: Hunting, archery, fitness, home/land improvement, reading
  • Likes Given: 10
« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2021, 09:42:06 AM »
Thanks for the advice, I needed to hear that. Quitting gradually I think was an subconscious excuse to not quit now. And deep down I think I know gradual won’t work so here we go.

Offline Keith0617

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: October 5, 2018
  • Likes Given: 1891
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2021, 07:39:38 AM »
Hey my name is Eric from Texas. Having trouble figuring out the groups and how to post but I will eventually.
I have started a gradual quit so no quit date yet.

I got the DipQuit app and have set my quit date in 2 months using the gradual method. So I set my normal dip count (9) large dips per day and every 7 days or so I drop by one dip. So I will be in week 2 tomorrow so I will drop to 8 for seven days and then 7 and so on. I did quit cold Turkey years ago for a couple months and have not had luck with gradual in the past but probably due to lack of effort. We are all different but anyone have luck with this method? I feel like I lack the courage to go cold Turkey but I kind of feel like I would like to just stop one day and not prolong the process.
sorry for long post.
thanks for the advice.

Eauge here at KTC we go cold Turkey. Throw out your stuff and get quit now.

Join the August 21 group so that you’re not alone. https://ktcforum.org/index.php?topic=17044.0

The rules here are pretty simple. No nicotine whatsoever is allowed and WUPP (wake up piss and post) your daily promise to be nicotine free.

Quitting will be the greatest thing you’ve ever done. It’ll be hard but there are plenty of veterans to guide you through the process
Cold turkey is 100 percent the best way to go man.  I get your mindset right now with thinking gradual will help but it is not sound.  Quitting something by still using it is the worst mentality.  Even if you get down to 1-2 dips a day it is absolute hell when you quit completely. You are truly fucked either way so embrace the suck and get it over with. I'm 438 days quit this site works. Dump your shit and post your daily promise each morning early to not use.

9 large dips a day.  How much damage does that do?  A lot more damage than only 7 large dips a day?  But still you were able to quit for two months cold turkey?  Your intro is all over the place.

You have an account here now at KTC so you can dump it all today and quit now.  There is no need for any more large dips.  Just vow to quit every morning for the day, one day at a time.
@eauge  you know you need to quit so just do it. Stop making excuses that feeds your addiction. Throw the stuff out and just quit. Either you want to start saving your life or you are happy to continue an action that will kill you. If you really want to quit there isn’t a better time than now.
Jan19

Offline Stranger999

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: 09/05/2015
  • Interests: Taking that first breath every morning before I post roll again.... Family, Philadelphia Eagles football, music, computers, solving puzzles of all sorts
  • Likes Given: 244
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2021, 12:34:09 AM »
Hey my name is Eric from Texas. Having trouble figuring out the groups and how to post but I will eventually.

I got the DipQuit app and have set my quit date in 2 months using the gradual method. So I set my normal dip count (9) large dips per day and every 7 days or so I drop by one dip. So I will be in week 2 tomorrow so I will drop to 8 for seven days and then 7 and so on. I did quit cold Turkey years ago for a couple months and have not had luck with gradual in the past but probably due to lack of effort. We are all different but anyone have luck with this method? I feel like I lack the courage to go cold Turkey but I kind of feel like I would like to just stop one day and not prolong the process.
sorry for long post.
thanks for the advice.

Join the August 21 group so that you’re not alone. https://ktcforum.org/index.php?topic=17044.0

The rules here are pretty simple. No nicotine whatsoever is allowed and WUPP (wake up piss and post) your daily promise to be nicotine free.

Quitting will be the greatest thing you’ve ever done. It’ll be hard but there are plenty of veterans to guide you through the process
Cold turkey is 100 percent the best way to go man.  I get your mindset right now with thinking gradual will help but it is not sound.  Quitting something by still using it is the worst mentality.  Even if you get down to 1-2 dips a day it is absolute hell when you quit completely. You are truly fucked either way so embrace the suck and get it over with. I'm 438 days quit this site works. Dump your shit and post your daily promise each morning early to not use.

9 large dips a day.  How much damage does that do?  A lot more damage than only 7 large dips a day?  But still you were able to quit for two months cold turkey?  Your intro is all over the place.

You have an account here now at KTC so you can dump it all today and quit now.  There is no need for any more large dips.  Just vow to quit every morning for the day, one day at a time.

Offline Thomas

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2-20-2020
  • Likes Given: 259
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2021, 11:36:36 PM »

sorry for long post.
thanks for the advice.

« Last Edit: May 02, 2021, 11:40:41 PM by Thomas »

Offline macattack

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quitter
  • April Thunderbirds 2021
  • Likes Given: 257
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2021, 10:08:47 PM »

sorry for long post.
thanks for the advice.

Quit 12.23.20 | HOF 04.01.21 | 2nd Floor 07.10.21 | 3rd Floor 10.18.21 | 1 YR 12.23.21 | 4th Floor 01.26.22

Offline eauge

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quitter
  • Interests: Hunting, archery, fitness, home/land improvement, reading
  • Likes Given: 10
New to this
« on: May 02, 2021, 09:49:03 PM »

sorry for long post.
thanks for the advice.