Author Topic: canofbeans intro  (Read 1958 times)

Offline canofbeans

• Quit Pro
  • (+1 Hidden)
  • Likes Given: 264
Re: canofbeans intro
« Reply #27 on: January 11, 2018, 11:41:00 PM »
Shoutout to Samrs. Saving this here so I can find it later.

single/?p=12137008t=30424041
Rebel Rouser (retired)

Offline JGlav

• Master of Quit
  • Interests: Quit Date: 9/05/15
  • Likes Given: 19
« Reply #26 on: February 18, 2017, 12:40:00 AM »
Dude. Not a huge people person here. I'd just as soon tell you to fuck off as the next guy. However, I love me some Quit and knowing I am an Addict has changed some shit, plus I love people who quit with me. Like stranger there. We're buds. Get some buds in your lifeline . Be quit and move on. Do you see the people here responding to you. These are no joke quitters. Why not step back and heed their advice for fuck's sake. Always amazes me when people sign up for a site to quit but do not understand the method to be quit.
JUST QUIT.

Offline Stranger999

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: 09/05/2015
  • Interests: Taking that first breath every morning before I post roll again.... Family, Philadelphia Eagles football, music, computers, solving puzzles of all sorts
  • Likes Given: 245
« Reply #25 on: February 17, 2017, 10:12:00 PM »
I've met some real jerks here and I've also hugged a few people from KTC in person. Waking up in the morning and posting is my promise. Doing more here really keeps my quit going.

Offline worktowin

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Interests: GymWorkTravel
  • Likes Given: 106
« Reply #24 on: February 17, 2017, 09:11:00 PM »
Quote from: worktowin
Quote from: AppleJack
Quote from: canofbeans
Because it may never get approved, and because people take my recent posts to mean that I am leaving, I have decided to post my HOF speech here. Mod approval not required.

First, a few words for any new quitters:

For any new or potential quitters out there. Nicotine is a bitch. I do not blame my quit or KTC on my current problems. I blame the fact that I started using nicotine in the first place. I should have been dealing with all this other shit for the last 10 years, but instead I have covered it up with nicotine.

The sooner you say goodbye to the nic bitch, the sooner you can begin to rebuild into the person you were always meant to be, without nicotine.

Now I must say Farewell:

142 days and I am still at day 1. Running in circles. Gaining no ground. I've actually become a worse person since my quit. I will not let this fact ruin my resolve, but it is just a fact. I will now need to focus on facing all my other problems that are no longer covered up with dip. This is the final step in getting rid of the old me, and starting a new.

For 142 days I have replaced one addiction with another. Instead of putting in a dip I check out this site constantly and always have it on my mind. Like any addiction it started out slow and has gradually grown. I am done with my addiction to this site.

This site has a certain culture and a way of treating people in the name of "brotherhood" and "accountability". For 142 days I have fought against this culture in the hopes that it was controlled only by a minority of outspoken individuals. I thought that there is no way this is really the way a support site is supposed to work. I thought there must be others out there, like me, who disagree. I thought if I speak up then maybe we would see a new culture breed. A new culture where the focus wasn't on tough love, name calling, and shit talking.

I was wrong. The culture is too strong, too ingrained, it cannot be changed. Maybe I'm wrong about another thing. Maybe this is exactly the way this support site is meant to be. Maybe this culture is exactly what the founders had in mind. But, this culture is not for me.

After 142 days, I am saying goodbye. The death of the old CoB will give birth to a new CoB. A CoB who is not addicted to this site. One who continues to post and support his January brothers and sisters, but does not bother himself with trying to change the culture.

I am falling in line, I am ringing the bell. Goodbye.
Dude...

This is a repeat or your drama laden weak bullshit from yesterday.

It was whiny as hell yesterday... it's no different today.

What were you hoping? People to actually care?

Make up your mind, ya goob.

If yer gonna be gone....go and stay that way. Quit "announcing" it for sympathy.

Lame.
Yep, and to hell with you too. Thanks for the support, Asshole.
Hahaha!

Call me what you will... your opinion has no merit.

You're looking for some kind of validation for your "exit" from KTC. All while being a drama queen with issues YOU think we should all care about.

Please.

Exactly what are you expecting?

Grow a pair, bro...

IMO... go away. Be a bitch elsewhere.
The days between 100 and 200 are hard. Really hard. leaving? Not leaving? Leaving? Not leaving? Bro wtf are you doing?

To quote Wildirish.... 'bangin'

Offline worktowin

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
« Reply #23 on: February 17, 2017, 09:07:00 PM »
Because it may never get approved, and because people take my recent posts to mean that I am leaving, I have decided to post my HOF speech here. Mod approval not required.

For any new or potential quitters out there. Nicotine is a bitch. I do not blame my quit or KTC on my current problems. I blame the fact that I started using nicotine in the first place. I should have been dealing with all this other shit for the last 10 years, but instead I have covered it up with nicotine.

The sooner you say goodbye to the nic bitch, the sooner you can begin to rebuild into the person you were always meant to be, without nicotine.

Now I must say Farewell:

142 days and I am still at day 1. Running in circles. Gaining no ground. I've actually become a worse person since my quit. I will not let this fact ruin my resolve, but it is just a fact. I will now need to focus on facing all my other problems that are no longer covered up with dip. This is the final step in getting rid of the old me, and starting a new.

For 142 days I have replaced one addiction with another. Instead of putting in a dip I check out this site constantly and always have it on my mind. Like any addiction it started out slow and has gradually grown. I am done with my addiction to this site.

This site has a certain culture and a way of treating people in the name of "brotherhood" and "accountability". For 142 days I have fought against this culture in the hopes that it was controlled only by a minority of outspoken individuals. I thought that there is no way this is really the way a support site is supposed to work. I thought there must be others out there, like me, who disagree. I thought if I speak up then maybe we would see a new culture breed. A new culture where the focus wasn't on tough love, name calling, and shit talking.

I was wrong. The culture is too strong, too ingrained, it cannot be changed. Maybe I'm wrong about another thing. Maybe this is exactly the way this support site is meant to be. Maybe this culture is exactly what the founders had in mind. But, this culture is not for me.

After 142 days, I am saying goodbye. The death of the old CoB will give birth to a new CoB. A CoB who is not addicted to this site. One who continues to post and support his January brothers and sisters, but does not bother himself with trying to change the culture.

Dude...

If yer gonna be gone....go and stay that way. Quit "announcing" it for sympathy.

Lame.
Hahaha!

You're looking for some kind of validation for your "exit" from KTC. All while being a drama queen with issues YOU think we should all care about.

Please.

Grow a pair, bro...

To quote Wildirish.... 'bangin'

Offline AppleJack

• Rockin’ in the free world...
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: April 17, 2013
« Reply #22 on: February 17, 2017, 09:03:00 PM »

Now I must say Farewell:

Dude...

Lame.
Hahaha!

Please.

Grow a pair, bro...

Well, it’s one louder, isn’t it? It’s not ten.

Offline canofbeans

• Quit Pro
  • (+1 Hidden)
« Reply #21 on: February 17, 2017, 08:38:00 PM »

Now I must say Farewell:

Dude...

Lame.
Rebel Rouser (retired)

Offline AppleJack

• Rockin’ in the free world...
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: April 17, 2013
« Reply #20 on: February 17, 2017, 08:00:00 PM »

Now I must say Farewell:

Dude...

Lame.
Well, it’s one louder, isn’t it? It’s not ten.

Offline canofbeans

• Quit Pro
  • (+1 Hidden)
« Reply #19 on: February 17, 2017, 04:32:00 PM »

Now I must say Farewell:

Rebel Rouser (retired)

Offline worktowin

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
« Reply #18 on: February 16, 2017, 02:07:00 PM »
Quote from: wildirish317
I get it. Our lives change when our daily habits change. You are changing your life, yet again, by removing your daily habit of constantly checking this site. Nothing wrong with that. Just find a habit worthy of replacing it, a habit that leads you to become a better version of yourself.

As far as the culture here, the only thing we have in common is our addiction. I cannot relate to 90% of the members of this site. That being said, there is nothing here to fear, so I write how I feel, what I learn, and try not to attack anyone. Sometimes I fail. I was once told that I could piss off the Pope. That's just me.
Thank you for the positive words!
The intros are a place where lives are saved dude. This isn't the forum to spew your arguments or hatred of ktc. There are lots of places on ktc where you should do that. Here we help people.

I'm still confused. Are you leaving?
'bangin' No, he's not leaving. His old self is gone. This is his new self. Kind of like Baptism, only without the water.
I think they call that being sprinkled.

Glad you are staying.

Offline wildirish317

• Free
  • Quitting MoFo
  • Past the cravings Past the drama Still an addict
  • Quit Date: 2/25/2016
  • Interests: I am the most boring person you will ever meet.
  • Likes Given: 15
« Reply #17 on: February 16, 2017, 01:59:00 PM »
I get it. Our lives change when our daily habits change. You are changing your life, yet again, by removing your daily habit of constantly checking this site. Nothing wrong with that. Just find a habit worthy of replacing it, a habit that leads you to become a better version of yourself.

As far as the culture here, the only thing we have in common is our addiction. I cannot relate to 90% of the members of this site. That being said, there is nothing here to fear, so I write how I feel, what I learn, and try not to attack anyone. Sometimes I fail. I was once told that I could piss off the Pope. That's just me.
The intros are a place where lives are saved dude. This isn't the forum to spew your arguments or hatred of ktc. There are lots of places on ktc where you should do that. Here we help people.

'bangin' No, he's not leaving. His old self is gone. This is his new self. Kind of like Baptism, only without the water.
“Everything good that has happened to me has happened as a direct result of helping someone else, everything". - Danny Trejo

Offline worktowin

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
« Reply #16 on: February 16, 2017, 01:56:00 PM »

Offline canofbeans

• Quit Pro
  • (+1 Hidden)
« Reply #15 on: February 16, 2017, 01:37:00 PM »

Rebel Rouser (retired)

Offline wildirish317

• Free
  • Quitting MoFo
  • Past the cravings Past the drama Still an addict
  • Quit Date: 2/25/2016
  • Interests: I am the most boring person you will ever meet.
  • Likes Given: 15
« Reply #14 on: February 16, 2017, 01:32:00 PM »

“Everything good that has happened to me has happened as a direct result of helping someone else, everything". - Danny Trejo

Offline worktowin

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
« Reply #13 on: February 16, 2017, 01:18:00 PM »

Now I must say Farewell:

"Because it may never get approved, and because people take my recent posts to mean that I am leaving, I have decided to post my HOF speech here. Mod approval not required."

Your last sentence from your 58 attachment manifesto:
"You can have your site back now, along with its culture. I'm out."

Your last line in the HOF speech that is above this:
"I am falling in line, I am ringing the bell. Goodbye."

What am I missing? Are you leaving or not? If so, good luck and goodbye. If not... please stop saying you are leaving.