Author Topic: Introduction  (Read 36671 times)

Offline Stranger999

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: 09/05/2015
  • Interests: Taking that first breath every morning before I post roll again.... Family, Philadelphia Eagles football, music, computers, solving puzzles of all sorts
  • Likes Given: 244
Re: Introduction
« Reply #186 on: November 20, 2016, 08:16:00 PM »
This is a really great quit thread so I shall bump it. Well done! B)B

Offline pab1964

• Family
  • Master of Quit
  • Loving the quit life
  • Interests: God family crappie fishing
  • Likes Given: 85
« Reply #185 on: November 20, 2016, 05:02:00 PM »
Quote from: pky1520
Quote from: FLLipOut
Quote from: AppleJack
Quote from: KingNothing
Quote from: Mike1966
Quote from: ChickDip
Pky!
Congrats on your 200 days, cheers to 201 and beyond.
Congrats on 200 days of Quit Bro! You're a perfect example of how to Quit the KTC way. You're knee deep in accountability, here everyday bright and early supporting others as well. KTC just wouldn't be the same without you man! Proud to quit with you every day PKY!
Sorry I didn't catch this earlier. Pky, you a BAQ and have earned every inch you've gained in this process. Congrats on 200, I promise you it keeps getting even better.
2nd floor... most excellent!
Way to go, Pea! You are truly an inspiration!
Thanks for all the kind words folks! I owe an immeasurable debt to all of you and I promise to keep on fighting with you!

To anyone cruising these intros, thinking about quitting, believe me you can! All of these people, myself included, have been in your position. Terrified, anxious, skeptical. Trust me, with the support of people like ^^^ this and some personal fortitude, you can break free and live a whole new life.
Congratulations pky! You're the man!
Tobacco is so addictive it took me a year after a massive heart attack, in which doctor confirmed caused from dipping to finally put a lid on the bitch! ODAAT EDD

Offline pky1520

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Quitting MoFo
  • Quit Date: May 2, 2016
  • Interests: Hunting, fishing
  • Likes Given: 84
« Reply #184 on: November 20, 2016, 10:25:00 AM »
Quote from: FLLipOut
Pky!
Congrats on 200 days of Quit Bro! You're a perfect example of how to Quit the KTC way. You're knee deep in accountability, here everyday bright and early supporting others as well. KTC just wouldn't be the same without you man! Proud to quit with you every day PKY!
Sorry I didn't catch this earlier. Pky, you a BAQ and have earned every inch you've gained in this process. Congrats on 200, I promise you it keeps getting even better.
Thanks for all the kind words folks! I owe an immeasurable debt to all of you and I promise to keep on fighting with you!

To anyone cruising these intros, thinking about quitting, believe me you can! All of these people, myself included, have been in your position. Terrified, anxious, skeptical. Trust me, with the support of people like ^^^ this and some personal fortitude, you can break free and live a whole new life.

Offline FLLipOut

• Master of Quit
  • Lady Arsonist
  • Quit Date: 07/22/16
  • Likes Given: 2555
« Reply #183 on: November 18, 2016, 11:34:00 PM »
Pky!
Just one and you will be back to where you started, and where you started was desperately wishing you were where you are now.
"The best way out is always through." - Robert Frost
"I can't carry it for you, but I can carry you!" - Samwise Gamgee
HOF: 10.29.16 | FL 2: 02.06.17 | FL 3: 05.17.17 | Y1: 07.22.17 | FL 4: 08.25.17 | FL 5: 12.03.17 | FL 6: 03.13.18 | FL 7: 06.21.18 | Y2: 07.22.18 | FL 8: 09.29.18 | FL 9: 01.07.19 | COMMA , : 04.17.19 | Y3: 07.22.19 | FL 11: 07.26.19 | FL 12: 11.03.19 | FL 13: 02.11.20 | FL 14: 05.21.20 | Y4: 07.22.20 | FL 15: 08.29.20  | FL 16: 12.07.20 | FL 17: 03.17.21 | FL 18: 06.25.21 | Y5: 07.22.21 | FL 19: 06.25.21 | FL 20 ,, : 01.11.22 | FL 21: 04.21.22 | Y6: 07.22.22 | FL 22: 07.30.22 | FL 23: 11.07.22 | FL 24: 02.15.23 | FL 25: 05.26.23 | Y7: 07.22.23 | FL 26: 09.03.23 | FL 27: 12.12.23 | FL 28: 03.21.24

Offline AppleJack

• Rockin’ in the free world...
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: April 17, 2013
  • Likes Given: 106
« Reply #182 on: November 17, 2016, 09:41:00 PM »
Pky!
Well, it’s one louder, isn’t it? It’s not ten.

Offline KingNothing

• Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: 2015-07-10
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #181 on: November 17, 2016, 09:16:00 PM »
Pky!
"Fuck nicotine dude. You don't need it. And you don't want it. It didn't do a thing for you and you know it." - worktowin
"today you dissided that shit wont control your life. and it wont. unless you let it." - drome
"Not thinking about nicotine is for people who've never used nicotine. We threw that option away with the first dip or drag on a cigarette. We are addicts, and cannot become un-addicted." - wildirish317
"You need to decide how much you really want to be quit." - pky1520
We are always at risk. And probably always will be. That is why I will never get "too quit" to post my +1. Every. Damn. Day. - geis2597

Intro
Freedom Tastes So Good

Quit: 7/10/15, HOF: 10/17/15, 2nd Floor: 1/25/16, 3rd Floor: 5/4/16, 1 year: 7/10/16 4th Floor: 8/12/16, 5th Floor: 11/20/16, 6th Floor: 2/28/17, 7th Floor: 6/8/17, 2 years: 7/10/17, 8th Floor: 9/16/17, 9th Floor: 12/25/17, Comma: 4/4/18, 3 years: 7/10/18, 11th Floor: 7/13/18

Offline Mike1966

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: 4/18/2016
  • Likes Given: 77
« Reply #180 on: November 17, 2016, 08:57:00 PM »
Pky!
Just one and you will be back where you started.
And where you started was desperately wishing
you were where you are right now.

Offline ChickDip

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • July 2015 Jackals
    • HOF speech
  • Quit Date: 3/30/2015
  • Interests: (July2015 Quit Group) ((7-07-2015 100 days)) ....Quit Day March 30.... Fish Slaying, Hunting, Camping, Hiking, Mtn Biking, Cooking, Sammich-making, Poker, movies, watching Pro Baseball, anything outdoors
  • Likes Given: 2035
« Reply #179 on: November 17, 2016, 08:43:00 PM »
Pky!
July 2015 Jackals - House of WUPP
"....the load doesn't weigh me down at all, he ain't heavy he's my brother"
Try to believe that you are worth more than you think, and others are worth more than you think.
"If you haven't... Quit now......If you have... Stay that way " ~AppleJack
"Make It Through Today" WarE2013 (Rest Easy)
"I am quit... for today... with you... but not FOR you" ~LBP
"Endeavor to Persevere!" Lone Waite

my intro / my HOF speech / my comma club
Building a Strong Quit / My HOF Day

Offline worktowin

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Interests: GymWorkTravel
« Reply #178 on: October 29, 2016, 02:23:00 PM »
Quote from: pab1964
Quote from: CavMan83
Quote from: worktowin
Feel a little guilty posting in my own intro when I'm behind several pages, but have another log post I want to get out there. This is coming at 1am because I got back from the honeymoon and my sleep schedule is completely effed.

I haven't been on much in the past two weeks, but I have been on roll every damn day, as soon as I woke up because that's just what I do. It's not a hassle, it's not a chore, it's a tool to help me stay quit and it's a measure of respect for those who have helped me thus far. Even if I could get by just fine without my name on roll for a day, it would be unfair to the people who care about me and will go out of their way to check in on me. As I get back into a normal life schedule, I'll be back to normal with KTC too.

My wedding had long been one of those "future quit dates." Just like college graduation, every birthday, the end of every duck season, every relocation, etc. Thankfully, I made the decision to quit before the wedding. I got to experience everything free from my addiction. I got to enjoy every moment and not worry about if I'd get a chance to sneak in a dip at some point. I got to enjoy the honeymoon without going through a foggy, miserable withdrawal.

I thank God that he put that decision to me before I would have planned it. Hypothetically, here's what it would have looked like if I had followed through on the wedding quit.

I would have had stained teeth in my wedding photos because I'd be chewing like a madman day of as a "last hurrah." I'd probably have been ok during the reception that night, but would be losing my mind seeing the guys smoking cigars at the after party. Severe withdrawal would set in right about the time we had to take the 12 hour flight to Hawaii. I would be a total ass to the wife and others around me.

On day 1 of the honeymoon, I'd be at day 3 of the quit. I'd probably still be holding up - I've gone this long before. I would be quitting for her and the wedding adrenaline would keep me from breaking down and buying a tin. Then I would realize that my amazing wife doesn't mind me sneaking away for an hour or two to go fishing. I wouldn't buy a can the first time she let me go - dagummit, I'm quitting for her! Maybe I wouldn't buy a can the second time either. But by day 3 of the honeymoon and day 6 of the "quit" I'd take off to go fishing for a few hours and buy a can. I'd stuff my face for three solid hours (even though I told her two) and I'd burn through that whole can. I'd then do that every single day, even though she can tell I'm abusing her generous fishing policy.

On the return flight, I'd be a complete asshole. Rather than let it slide, maybe I have words with that guy who I thought was rude to the flight attendant. Maybe I say something sarcastic to the wife and burn though all the romantic good-time feelings built up over the honeymoon and we return pissed off at each other. Regardless, all I can think about is buying that first can as soon as I get home. Oh but don't worry, I'd still be "trying to quit," this can is just for when I really need it. I mean, I'd have it totally under control, I just went like a week and only dipped a few times, so I can definitely quit this time.

Thankfully that reality didn't come to pass. I'm sure some of you might recognize that kind of pattern, I've done it dozens of times. Never again. I truly believe that God put that decision in front of me and then led me to this site. He won't do the work for me, but he did show me the way.
Congratulations man! youbshould feel really proud of this achievement. You are starting your new life with your wife without a big bag of guilt and regret on your back. Well done!
Awesome job, brother. Wish that I had had your determination when I was your age.... You rock!
Great job my friend! Keep it going!
Damn proud to be quit with you!
I ran out in Kauai one time. I drove to 7 gas stations frantically looking for kodiak. I finally paid $15 each for 3 cans of skoal. And I hid all of this nonsense from my wife.

You are a lot smarter than me, dude. Welcome back and congratulations!

Offline pab1964

• Family
  • Master of Quit
  • Loving the quit life
  • Interests: God family crappie fishing
  • Likes Given: 85
« Reply #177 on: October 29, 2016, 12:50:00 PM »
Quote from: CavMan83
Feel a little guilty posting in my own intro when I'm behind several pages, but have another log post I want to get out there. This is coming at 1am because I got back from the honeymoon and my sleep schedule is completely effed.

I haven't been on much in the past two weeks, but I have been on roll every damn day, as soon as I woke up because that's just what I do. It's not a hassle, it's not a chore, it's a tool to help me stay quit and it's a measure of respect for those who have helped me thus far. Even if I could get by just fine without my name on roll for a day, it would be unfair to the people who care about me and will go out of their way to check in on me. As I get back into a normal life schedule, I'll be back to normal with KTC too.

My wedding had long been one of those "future quit dates." Just like college graduation, every birthday, the end of every duck season, every relocation, etc. Thankfully, I made the decision to quit before the wedding. I got to experience everything free from my addiction. I got to enjoy every moment and not worry about if I'd get a chance to sneak in a dip at some point. I got to enjoy the honeymoon without going through a foggy, miserable withdrawal.

I thank God that he put that decision to me before I would have planned it. Hypothetically, here's what it would have looked like if I had followed through on the wedding quit.

I would have had stained teeth in my wedding photos because I'd be chewing like a madman day of as a "last hurrah." I'd probably have been ok during the reception that night, but would be losing my mind seeing the guys smoking cigars at the after party. Severe withdrawal would set in right about the time we had to take the 12 hour flight to Hawaii. I would be a total ass to the wife and others around me.

On day 1 of the honeymoon, I'd be at day 3 of the quit. I'd probably still be holding up - I've gone this long before. I would be quitting for her and the wedding adrenaline would keep me from breaking down and buying a tin. Then I would realize that my amazing wife doesn't mind me sneaking away for an hour or two to go fishing. I wouldn't buy a can the first time she let me go - dagummit, I'm quitting for her! Maybe I wouldn't buy a can the second time either. But by day 3 of the honeymoon and day 6 of the "quit" I'd take off to go fishing for a few hours and buy a can. I'd stuff my face for three solid hours (even though I told her two) and I'd burn through that whole can. I'd then do that every single day, even though she can tell I'm abusing her generous fishing policy.

On the return flight, I'd be a complete asshole. Rather than let it slide, maybe I have words with that guy who I thought was rude to the flight attendant. Maybe I say something sarcastic to the wife and burn though all the romantic good-time feelings built up over the honeymoon and we return pissed off at each other. Regardless, all I can think about is buying that first can as soon as I get home. Oh but don't worry, I'd still be "trying to quit," this can is just for when I really need it. I mean, I'd have it totally under control, I just went like a week and only dipped a few times, so I can definitely quit this time.

Thankfully that reality didn't come to pass. I'm sure some of you might recognize that kind of pattern, I've done it dozens of times. Never again. I truly believe that God put that decision in front of me and then led me to this site. He won't do the work for me, but he did show me the way.
Congratulations man! youbshould feel really proud of this achievement. You are starting your new life with your wife without a big bag of guilt and regret on your back. Well done!
Awesome job, brother. Wish that I had had your determination when I was your age.... You rock!
Great job my friend! Keep it going!
Damn proud to be quit with you!
Tobacco is so addictive it took me a year after a massive heart attack, in which doctor confirmed caused from dipping to finally put a lid on the bitch! ODAAT EDD

Offline FISHFLORIDA

• AUG 16' Traumatizer
  • Administrator
  • Quitting MoFo
  • The Adventures of Florida Man
  • Quit Date: 5/24/16
  • Interests: Saltwater Flyfishing
  • Likes Given: 1528
« Reply #176 on: October 28, 2016, 11:23:00 PM »
Well Pea,
The train has almost come full circle. I don't think my brain can take anymore. I had a blast being the Oct Conductor with you and wouldn't have changed it for the world. I'm proud to say I'm quit with you and that you are one sick SOB, which, as you can tell, works out great with me. I'm typing this on your intro page and not a PM so everyone knows how much fun this actually was. The HOF added another 2 hours onto every day and it was well worth it. The October 2016 Cocktobers are a great group of sickos and BAQs.
Tight Lines
Oily Hair
Gin Clear Water
-FF
Just one is right back to where you were and where you were was desperately wishing you were where you are now.- Via Flip
"But KNOW that quitting every day means that eventually you'll have to quit on the day Lassie kicks the bucket" - ZAM
My Intro
My HOF Speech

Offline CavMan83

• Quit King
  • Quit Date: 2014-06-10
  • Interests: Bass Fishing, music, all things motorsports, National Defense
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #175 on: September 21, 2016, 10:32:00 PM »

Offline worktowin

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Interests: GymWorkTravel
« Reply #174 on: September 21, 2016, 04:50:00 AM »

Offline pky1520

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Quitting MoFo
« Reply #173 on: September 21, 2016, 01:56:00 AM »

Offline pky1520

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Quitting MoFo
« Reply #172 on: September 10, 2016, 08:38:00 AM »
Big day today! The fiancée is turning into the wife.

I get to do this free from my addiction. It's still there but it no longer controls me. I won't be standing at the alter wondering if I'll get a free minute tonight to throw in a quick one. I won't sneak away at the reception because I'm having "stomach trouble." I won't stand outside smoking cigar after cigar because it's the only way to get my fix.

I owe that to all of you. KTC and your support has given me the tools to stay clean and free. I get to enter my marriage without lying and hiding a shameful destructive addiction that will eventually take away everything. I don't have to put my wife through the pain of losing me to a disease I created.

Thank you all. Thank you to my brothers in August. Thank you to the vets who reach out for support. Thank you to the folks I know and to the ones that I don't yet know. Thank you to the foggy-ass newbs for showing me everyday that I never want to start this struggle again. Thank you to the mods and admins who started this thing and keep the lights on. You made this possible for me and I can't thank you enough.