Author Topic: Introduction  (Read 37256 times)

Offline KingNothing

• Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: 2015-07-10
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Introduction
« Reply #156 on: July 15, 2016, 12:59:00 AM »
Quote from: FISHFLORIDA
Quote from: pab1964
Quote from: Dagranger
Quote from: pky1520
Quote from: DjPorkchop
My bachelor party is a week away. When I first joined this site, I honestly had every expectation that I would cave during my bachelor party. How could that not be excusable? It's the event that you're SUPPOSED to do the dumb, unhealthy shit that you don't get to do after you're married. The idea is that it gets that kind of behavior out of your system.

Well FUCK that, the shit is already out of my system and I mean to keep it that way. I'm starting this process now because I desperately want to do everything that I can to come out of this thing a GD champion.

I'm going to outline my plan and I appreciate any input on how to make it stronger.

1) Let KTC and my August brothers know about the event and ask for some texts to keep me honest throughout.
2) Inform the folks attending that I am quit and request that they not offer or allow me to have any tobacco.
3) WUPP regardless of hangover or other distractions.
4) Load up on Smokey Mountain. Give a can to everyone, with instructions to hand it to drunk-ass PKY, should he ask for a chaw.
5) Cunt punt the first one of my friends who actively tries to get me to chew - it will set an example to the rest.
I like your plan.

Remember one thing though, one is never an option no matter what! The old nic bitch is never an option, not even once. You know this so no sense in me preaching. Keep them numbers REAL close bud. Once you get to the point of out of control, the dirty old whore will stare you in the face and it is at this time you have to remember the old words, not even once! Just like meth, not even once!

I hope your party goes great as planned and early congrats on your soon to be nuptuals man!

Oh P.S. NEVER have a expectation for any event to make you cave. You expect NOT to cave is more like it! 'oh yeah'
Thanks DJ! Yep, I know now how crazy it was to think that I could excuse or plan a cave like that. That was a weak, addict thought that I am way the hell past now. Now I expect to kick this thing in the nuts and win.

No excuse, not even once! Been doing everything I can to live that.

Thanks for the congrats! B)B
You've been a bad ass so far, your going to have to take everything you've learned and be bad ass-ier. No one puts a dip in your lip but you. Expect yourself to quit, and the follow through. Also, if your looking for a couple of real hints, right before the bachelor party starts, post a second roll for the day. Get yourself n the proper mindset. Second, tell the guys at the party you've quit and it's important to you. Lastly, have fun. You can definitely do that without dip. Good luck and congratulations.
Simple pky, you've built a great brotherhood iin whichalot are depending on you just like you are them! Stay quit! Odaat! Worry about the bachelor party when iit gets here.
My August brother...
I'm not gonna sugar coat this...
You and I are almost to hof. If you cave, I swear to god on all things good that I will personally take a flame thrower to you and all the things you love.
Besides, that would mean you'd be in October group and we'd have to go there to get the broken Justin Beiber CDs and sauce. Not happening.
Congrats pky and I hi-lited one sentence from Dagranger's post because that really is the one and only thought you'll need to remember this weekend. That and you promise on roll. Keep it up brother, you're a damn good leader around these parts.
"Fuck nicotine dude. You don't need it. And you don't want it. It didn't do a thing for you and you know it." - worktowin
"today you dissided that shit wont control your life. and it wont. unless you let it." - drome
"Not thinking about nicotine is for people who've never used nicotine. We threw that option away with the first dip or drag on a cigarette. We are addicts, and cannot become un-addicted." - wildirish317
"You need to decide how much you really want to be quit." - pky1520
We are always at risk. And probably always will be. That is why I will never get "too quit" to post my +1. Every. Damn. Day. - geis2597

Intro
Freedom Tastes So Good

Quit: 7/10/15, HOF: 10/17/15, 2nd Floor: 1/25/16, 3rd Floor: 5/4/16, 1 year: 7/10/16 4th Floor: 8/12/16, 5th Floor: 11/20/16, 6th Floor: 2/28/17, 7th Floor: 6/8/17, 2 years: 7/10/17, 8th Floor: 9/16/17, 9th Floor: 12/25/17, Comma: 4/4/18, 3 years: 7/10/18, 11th Floor: 7/13/18

Offline FISHFLORIDA

• AUG 16' Traumatizer
  • Administrator
  • Quitting MoFo
  • The Adventures of Florida Man
  • Quit Date: 5/24/16
  • Interests: Saltwater Flyfishing
  • Likes Given: 1528
« Reply #155 on: July 14, 2016, 11:41:00 PM »
Quote from: pab1964
My bachelor party is a week away. When I first joined this site, I honestly had every expectation that I would cave during my bachelor party. How could that not be excusable? It's the event that you're SUPPOSED to do the dumb, unhealthy shit that you don't get to do after you're married. The idea is that it gets that kind of behavior out of your system.

Well FUCK that, the shit is already out of my system and I mean to keep it that way. I'm starting this process now because I desperately want to do everything that I can to come out of this thing a GD champion.

I'm going to outline my plan and I appreciate any input on how to make it stronger.

1) Let KTC and my August brothers know about the event and ask for some texts to keep me honest throughout.
2) Inform the folks attending that I am quit and request that they not offer or allow me to have any tobacco.
4) Load up on Smokey Mountain. Give a can to everyone, with instructions to hand it to drunk-ass PKY, should he ask for a chaw.
5) Cunt punt the first one of my friends who actively tries to get me to chew - it will set an example to the rest.
I like your plan.

Remember one thing though, one is never an option no matter what! The old nic bitch is never an option, not even once. You know this so no sense in me preaching. Keep them numbers REAL close bud. Once you get to the point of out of control, the dirty old whore will stare you in the face and it is at this time you have to remember the old words, not even once! Just like meth, not even once!

I hope your party goes great as planned and early congrats on your soon to be nuptuals man!

Oh P.S. NEVER have a expectation for any event to make you cave. You expect NOT to cave is more like it! 'oh yeah'
Thanks DJ! Yep, I know now how crazy it was to think that I could excuse or plan a cave like that. That was a weak, addict thought that I am way the hell past now. Now I expect to kick this thing in the nuts and win.

You've been a bad ass so far, your going to have to take everything you've learned and be bad ass-ier. No one puts a dip in your lip but you. Expect yourself to quit, and the follow through. Also, if your looking for a couple of real hints, right before the bachelor party starts, post a second roll for the day. Get yourself n the proper mindset. Second, tell the guys at the party you've quit and it's important to you. Lastly, have fun. You can definitely do that without dip. Good luck and congratulations.
Simple pky, you've built a great brotherhood iin whichalot are depending on you just like you are them! Stay quit! Odaat! Worry about the bachelor party when iit gets here.
My August brother...
I'm not gonna sugar coat this...
You and I are almost to hof. If you cave, I swear to god on all things good that I will personally take a flame thrower to you and all the things you love.
Besides, that would mean you'd be in October group and we'd have to go there to get the broken Justin Beiber CDs and sauce. Not happening.
Just one is right back to where you were and where you were was desperately wishing you were where you are now.- Via Flip
"But KNOW that quitting every day means that eventually you'll have to quit on the day Lassie kicks the bucket" - ZAM
My Intro
My HOF Speech

Offline pab1964

• Family
  • Master of Quit
  • Loving the quit life
  • Interests: God family crappie fishing
  • Likes Given: 85
« Reply #154 on: July 14, 2016, 09:24:00 PM »

I like your plan.

Tobacco is so addictive it took me a year after a massive heart attack, in which doctor confirmed caused from dipping to finally put a lid on the bitch! ODAAT EDD

Offline Dagranger

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 06-27-2013
  • Interests: I used to like playing any sport. Now I like coaching any sport. Hiking, camping, biking. I work out a lot but I hate it.
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #153 on: July 14, 2016, 07:53:00 PM »

I like your plan.

Online pky1520

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Quitting MoFo
  • Quit Date: May 2, 2016
  • Interests: Hunting, fishing
  • Likes Given: 84
« Reply #152 on: July 14, 2016, 06:11:00 PM »

I like your plan.

Offline DjPorkchop

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quitter
  • Mother Fricker!!!
    • PaPa Ray's Photography
  • Quit Date: 9/17/2015
  • Interests: Brewing Beer and Building Cheap Smokers (UDS Drums)
  • Likes Given: 23
« Reply #151 on: July 14, 2016, 04:21:00 PM »

I like your plan.

If I could I would. If I don't, it's because I am lazy.

Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the Ark. Professionals built the Titanic.

Online pky1520

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Quitting MoFo
« Reply #150 on: July 14, 2016, 11:45:00 AM »

Offline KingNothing

• Master of Quit
« Reply #149 on: July 08, 2016, 11:19:00 AM »
That dissociation won't just be with fishing Pky. Soon you'll notice that you've dissociated your whole life from it. I was hanging out with some buddies a couple weekends ago and we were having a couple beers. Every chance they got they'd toss in a dip and start spitting. There was no pressure for me to join, but they definitely recognized that I was comfortable around them even though they were doing it and I'd quit.

The thought never came to my mind that I had to dip to enjoy that time with them or that I would take a dip so it would be comfortable for everybody there. I no longer associate dip with anything. The more actively you pursue QUIT and not merely not using, the easier and faster this process will go.

Good on you for keeping your promise and also for noticing the substantial changes that are already happening.
"Fuck nicotine dude. You don't need it. And you don't want it. It didn't do a thing for you and you know it." - worktowin
"today you dissided that shit wont control your life. and it wont. unless you let it." - drome
"Not thinking about nicotine is for people who've never used nicotine. We threw that option away with the first dip or drag on a cigarette. We are addicts, and cannot become un-addicted." - wildirish317
We are always at risk. And probably always will be. That is why I will never get "too quit" to post my +1. Every. Damn. Day. - geis2597

Intro
Freedom Tastes So Good

Quit: 7/10/15, HOF: 10/17/15, 2nd Floor: 1/25/16, 3rd Floor: 5/4/16, 1 year: 7/10/16 4th Floor: 8/12/16, 5th Floor: 11/20/16, 6th Floor: 2/28/17, 7th Floor: 6/8/17, 2 years: 7/10/17, 8th Floor: 9/16/17, 9th Floor: 12/25/17, Comma: 4/4/18, 3 years: 7/10/18, 11th Floor: 7/13/18

Online pky1520

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Quitting MoFo
« Reply #148 on: July 08, 2016, 06:53:00 AM »
Quote from: Mike1966
Notched a pretty solid win this week and wanted to share.

With my new business, I sometimes have to make big sacrifices and take some just god-awful business trips. For instance, this week, I had to go up to the Blue Ridge Mountains in E. Tennessee and do a float trip for trout on the Watauga River with a partner outfitter - as I said, just miserable 'no' .

Anyway, the trip was great, had a really productive meeting and some decent fishing. The thing was, the guy that I was with chewed a whole can during the float - he had a spittoon in the boat. This was a really interesting experience for me. Rather than crave it, I just felt bad for the guy. He was one of those chain dippers who never really put a dip in or spit it out, just added some fresh every half hour or so. I'm only a little over two months from being right there with him, but it felt foreign to me. Doesn't he know how good it is to be quit? Why doesn't he just spit it and post roll?

The win wasn't fighting the craving and winning, it was being in that environment and not even wanting the shit. Although, I will admit that I went through one of those bad-ass, white-knuckle craves, that required a text to a quit brother during the drive up.

Anyway, I told him about how I had recently quit, but we didn't really get into it. I have to do business w/ the guy and didn't want to get on my soapbox about the evils of tobacco just yet. Although, I do hope the the brief conversation we had about it might plant a seed for a conversation down the road.

Fishing is what I love, but it's also deeply ingrained in me that fishing  dipping are like peas  carrots. It's encouraging to see that I'm starting to disassociate the two.
I've read on here where guys talk about dreading being around other people who dip. I'm lucky, none of my friends dip. I'll have to say, up to this point, seeing someone dip hasn't made me want to dip. It's only made my quit stronger.

I was in a guys house the other day and he had a big fat one in. Every time he got ready to say something to us, he'd open the bathroom door and spit into the toilet so he could talk. I thought, man, been there done that and I'm glad that's not me anymore.
That's exactly it! I'm glad it's not me anymore.

Offline FISHFLORIDA

• AUG 16' Traumatizer
  • Administrator
  • Quitting MoFo
  • The Adventures of Florida Man
  • Quit Date: 5/24/16
  • Interests: Saltwater Flyfishing
  • Likes Given: 1528
« Reply #147 on: July 07, 2016, 11:36:00 PM »

With my new business, I sometimes have to make big sacrifices and take some just god-awful business trips. For instance, this week, I had to go up to the Blue Ridge Mountains in E. Tennessee and do a float trip for trout on the Watauga River with a partner outfitter - as I said, just miserable 'no' .

Anyway, the trip was great, had a really productive meeting and some decent fishing. The thing was, the guy that I was with chewed a whole can during the float - he had a spittoon in the boat. This was a really interesting experience for me. Rather than crave it, I just felt bad for the guy. He was one of those chain dippers who never really put a dip in or spit it out, just added some fresh every half hour or so. I'm only a little over two months from being right there with him, but it felt foreign to me. Doesn't he know how good it is to be quit? Why doesn't he just spit it and post roll?

The win wasn't fighting the craving and winning, it was being in that environment and not even wanting the shit. Although, I will admit that I went through one of those bad-ass, white-knuckle craves, that required a text to a quit brother during the drive up.

Anyway, I told him about how I had recently quit, but we didn't really get into it. I have to do business w/ the guy and didn't want to get on my soapbox about the evils of tobacco just yet. Although, I do hope the the brief conversation we had about it might plant a seed for a conversation down the road.

Fishing is what I love, but it's also deeply ingrained in me that fishing  dipping are like peas  carrots. It's encouraging to see that I'm starting to disassociate the two.
To be on a boat all day and not chew isn't a win... It's the holy grail of quit!!! Awesome!!!
Just one is right back to where you were and where you were was desperately wishing you were where you are now.- Via Flip
"But KNOW that quitting every day means that eventually you'll have to quit on the day Lassie kicks the bucket" - ZAM
My Intro
My HOF Speech

Offline Mike1966

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: 4/18/2016
  • Likes Given: 77
« Reply #146 on: July 07, 2016, 08:11:00 PM »

I've read on here where guys talk about dreading being around other people who dip. I'm lucky, none of my friends dip. I'll have to say, up to this point, seeing someone dip hasn't made me want to dip. It's only made my quit stronger.

I was in a guys house the other day and he had a big fat one in. Every time he got ready to say something to us, he'd open the bathroom door and spit into the toilet so he could talk. I thought, man, been there done that and I'm glad that's not me anymore.
Just one and you will be back where you started.
And where you started was desperately wishing
you were where you are right now.

Online pky1520

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Quitting MoFo
« Reply #145 on: July 07, 2016, 06:47:00 PM »

Offline KingNothing

• Master of Quit
« Reply #144 on: June 29, 2016, 12:47:00 PM »
Don't celebrate our independence by enslaving yourself again.
Awesome stuff pky. Keep it up brother, you are a fine quitter and it will only get better from here. The conversation with your fiance is exactly why we need this place. People that have never dealt with addiction can very rarely empathize with an addict. They just can't understand the physiological effects of why you can't just 'put it down.' At any rate, good on you for telling her. Someday she'll appreciate it when you aren't having your jaw sawed off to save your life because you never quit.

Intro
Freedom Tastes So Good

Online pky1520

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Quitting MoFo
« Reply #143 on: June 29, 2016, 12:13:00 PM »
Had my fist dip dream in quite a while last night.

It was honestly terrifying  super clear. I took a dip almost without knowing it and then all of a sudden I was chain-dipping. Then I started texting all the guys in my group about caving. I can still remember right now the sense of shame and failure. It's crazy because I hadn't had a dip dream since very early in my quit and I usually don't have very vivid dreams to begin with.

The setting was my bachelor party, which will be coming up. I've circled this as an event that I need to have a plan for. I will  I'll outline it more as it gets closer.

All the best to my fellow quitters! Start making a plan for the 4th of July weekend. Don't celebrate our independence by enslaving yourself again.

Online pky1520

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Quitting MoFo
« Reply #142 on: June 17, 2016, 07:10:00 PM »
I finally had the KTC conversation with my fiancee last night. It went alright. She was kind of shocked that this was something that was such a big deal for me. I'm a little conflicted about having the convo. On one hand, I am relieved that it's out and I don't feel like there's anything left that I'm hiding in my life. On the other hand, she didn't know how much of a struggle this was for me and I kind of liked that.

The reason that I hadn't told her before wasn't because I was embarrassed about needing help, or because I was worried that she wouldn't take it well. I didn't tell her because I felt like this was something that I had done to myself and beating it was something that I should be doing without putting it on her in any way. I still kind of feel like that would have been better in some ways.

I got tired of worrying about having to explain away texts, or why recently I've been checking my phone all the time. Overall it was a positive. I'm glad to have it all out there now. She was amazingly understanding after I explained everything. She's didn't grow up in an environment where it was at all common, so she has a hard time understanding the draw of the stuff, but she was happy that I am doing everything that I can to stay off of it.

No great lessons learned here, but it was an important event and I felt like chronicling it.

Quit on brothers