Author Topic: Introduction  (Read 37483 times)

Offline pky1520

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Quitting MoFo
  • Quit Date: May 2, 2016
  • Interests: Hunting, fishing
  • Likes Given: 84
Re: Introduction
« Reply #51 on: September 27, 2018, 05:21:39 PM »
FROM KINGNOTHING:
Congrats on that first milestone pky! You've earned it and should be damn proud of how far you've come in the first 100 days!
FROM IDAHOSPUDS:
Congratulations!  keep it up!
FROM MIKE1966:
Congrats on 100 days PKY. Your one BAQ!
FROM CHICKDIP:
Congrats p k y on your 100 days!
Enjoy it and we'll see you tomorrow for some of the same!
FROM PAB1964:
You're one solid badass quitter! Keep doing what you're doing! Paying it forward, giving advice support, that's the way it's supposed to be done! Damn proud of you and you should hold your head high and smile helluva an accomplishment for any addict. Quit on, it's what we do!
FISHFLORIDA:
Absolutely frickin awesome

Offline pky1520

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Quitting MoFo
« Reply #50 on: September 27, 2018, 05:21:07 PM »
FROM KINGNOTHING:
Congrats on that first milestone pky! You've earned it and should be damn proud of how far you've come in the first 100 days!
FROM IDAHOSPUDS:
FROM MIKE1966:
FROM CHICKDIP:
FROM PAB1964:
You're one solid badass quitter! Keep doing what you're doing! Paying it forward, giving advice support, that's the way it's supposed to be done! Damn proud of you and you should hold your head high and smile helluva an accomplishment for any addict. Quit on, it's what we do!

Offline pky1520

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Quitting MoFo
« Reply #49 on: September 27, 2018, 05:20:39 PM »
FROM KINGNOTHING:
FROM IDAHOSPUDS:
FROM MIKE1966:
FROM CHICKDIP:

Offline pky1520

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Quitting MoFo
« Reply #48 on: September 27, 2018, 05:20:17 PM »
FROM KINGNOTHING:
FROM IDAHOSPUDS:
FROM MIKE1966:

Offline pky1520

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Quitting MoFo
« Reply #47 on: September 27, 2018, 05:19:53 PM »
FROM KINGNOTHING:
FROM IDAHOSPUDS:

Offline pky1520

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Quitting MoFo
« Reply #46 on: September 27, 2018, 05:19:18 PM »
FROM KINGNOTHING:

Offline pky1520

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Quitting MoFo
« Reply #45 on: September 27, 2018, 05:18:52 PM »
I got a ton of texts and support this weekend, so first of all thanks for that! The party was great - BBQ, sporting clays, fishing, pontoon boat, cold beer and old friends. Dog (the one in my avatar) got to swim all day and the whole thing was completely drama free.

Guys were smoking and dipping, but mostly respectful of me not partaking. It was helpful to have my brother there, who is a year and a half quit. He actually was a lurker on KTC, but never got on a roll.

One buddy left a half full tin of Grizzly in my truck, and I happily threw that shit away when I found it.

To stay clean and still have a blast this weekend, I pulled out all the stops and used all of the tools at my disposal. I dug in deep here. I asked for accountability from people at this site, informed my friends ahead of time, posted my promise and made sure that I always had a can of the fake around as a last resort. To be clear, this is not me bragging about how good I think I am at quitting. This is me pointing out that the tools & the method is here and at your disposal.

I see a lot of caves that come from drinking, peer pressure, triggers, etc. If you use the tools that are here and extremely accessible, you can come through any situation. I encourage those on the outskirts (lurkers, ghosters, guests who haven't signed up yet) to stop taking half measures and to dive in. If you really want to quit, then you should do everything that you can to get yourself entrenched in the accountability here.

I have no doubt that the utter shitstorm that I would have faced if I caved, played a part in my decision to remain clean. It's certainly far from the only reason, but if I had expected a gentle pat on the bum and an "it's ok tiger, you tried hard at least," I would have been much more likely to give in and let go.

But even worse than having to face the big ole KTC meanie patrol, would have been having to face the folks who I've genuinely developed relationships with, people who I asked for help and who gave it. No way in hell was I going to let them down. Even though October sure can be a hoot, I damn well plan to stick around with August. Thank you from the bottom of my heart to those who sent me a note or even a kind thought this weekend.

For a while, I had viewed this weekend as THE test for me. If I could get past it, I'd never have to worry about this thing again. Well now that it's over, I have to refocus. I know that this addiction is a day to day struggle and complacency is my biggest threat. I now know that I can get through a gauntlet of triggers when I have time to prepare, but what about when something unexpected or tragic inevitably comes up? Well, I can tell you right now that if my butt is on roll and I'm still on this board and I still care about this, my chances of getting through it clean are sky high.

The tools are here folks. Use them, add to them, keep them sharp and don't let them rust.
FROM MIKE1966:
Congrats on the Victory PKY! This post is a great example to the rest of us on how to plan for success! I'm taking notes!
Proud to be quit with you today!

Offline pky1520

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Quitting MoFo
« Reply #44 on: September 27, 2018, 05:18:28 PM »
I got a ton of texts and support this weekend, so first of all thanks for that! The party was great - BBQ, sporting clays, fishing, pontoon boat, cold beer and old friends. Dog (the one in my avatar) got to swim all day and the whole thing was completely drama free.

Guys were smoking and dipping, but mostly respectful of me not partaking. It was helpful to have my brother there, who is a year and a half quit. He actually was a lurker on KTC, but never got on a roll.

One buddy left a half full tin of Grizzly in my truck, and I happily threw that shit away when I found it.

To stay clean and still have a blast this weekend, I pulled out all the stops and used all of the tools at my disposal. I dug in deep here. I asked for accountability from people at this site, informed my friends ahead of time, posted my promise and made sure that I always had a can of the fake around as a last resort. To be clear, this is not me bragging about how good I think I am at quitting. This is me pointing out that the tools & the method is here and at your disposal.

I see a lot of caves that come from drinking, peer pressure, triggers, etc. If you use the tools that are here and extremely accessible, you can come through any situation. I encourage those on the outskirts (lurkers, ghosters, guests who haven't signed up yet) to stop taking half measures and to dive in. If you really want to quit, then you should do everything that you can to get yourself entrenched in the accountability here.

I have no doubt that the utter shitstorm that I would have faced if I caved, played a part in my decision to remain clean. It's certainly far from the only reason, but if I had expected a gentle pat on the bum and an "it's ok tiger, you tried hard at least," I would have been much more likely to give in and let go.

But even worse than having to face the big ole KTC meanie patrol, would have been having to face the folks who I've genuinely developed relationships with, people who I asked for help and who gave it. No way in hell was I going to let them down. Even though October sure can be a hoot, I damn well plan to stick around with August. Thank you from the bottom of my heart to those who sent me a note or even a kind thought this weekend.

For a while, I had viewed this weekend as THE test for me. If I could get past it, I'd never have to worry about this thing again. Well now that it's over, I have to refocus. I know that this addiction is a day to day struggle and complacency is my biggest threat. I now know that I can get through a gauntlet of triggers when I have time to prepare, but what about when something unexpected or tragic inevitably comes up? Well, I can tell you right now that if my butt is on roll and I'm still on this board and I still care about this, my chances of getting through it clean are sky high.

The tools are here folks. Use them, add to them, keep them sharp and don't let them rust.

Offline pky1520

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Quitting MoFo
« Reply #43 on: September 27, 2018, 05:18:08 PM »
Thanks for all the thoughts and support guys! I sent an email to the group yesterday and got mostly positive responses. Although, I do have a good idea about which one of my buddies is getting Punted first. 'nutkick'

I was thinking about it, and everyone who will be there is either a Nic user or a quitter - no civilians. So at least I'll have a few folks who know what the quit is all about.

King and Dagranger - you guys hit the nail on the head. Only I can put that garbage in my mouth.

Fish also hit the nail on the head when he said he'd torch me and everything I love with a flamethrower - all good points!

I've still got a week before the party, so I do need to focus on today (thanks Pab!).

Anyway, I'll update again as it gets closer - stay quit today all!

Offline pky1520

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Quitting MoFo
« Reply #42 on: September 27, 2018, 05:17:45 PM »
My bachelor party is a week away. When I first joined this site, I honestly had every expectation that I would cave during my bachelor party. How could that not be excusable? It's the event that you're SUPPOSED to do the dumb, unhealthy shit that you don't get to do after you're married. The idea is that it gets that kind of behavior out of your system.

Well FUCK that, the shit is already out of my system and I mean to keep it that way. I'm starting this process now because I desperately want to do everything that I can to come out of this thing a GD champion.

I'm going to outline my plan and I appreciate any input on how to make it stronger.

1) Let KTC and my August brothers know about the event and ask for some texts to keep me honest throughout.
2) Inform the folks attending that I am quit and request that they not offer or allow me to have any tobacco.
3) WUPP regardless of hangover or other distractions.
4) Load up on Smokey Mountain. Give a can to everyone, with instructions to hand it to drunk-ass PKY, should he ask for a chaw.
5) Cunt punt the first one of my friends who actively tries to get me to chew - it will set an example to the rest.
FROM DJPORKCHOP:
I like your plan.

Remember one thing though, one is never an option no matter what! The old nic bitch is never an option, not even once. You know this so no sense in me preaching. Keep them numbers REAL close bud. Once you get to the point of out of control, the dirty old whore will stare you in the face and it is at this time you have to remember the old words, not even once! Just like meth, not even once!

I hope your party goes great as planned and early congrats on your soon to be nuptuals man!

Oh P.S. NEVER have a expectation for any event to make you cave. You expect NOT to cave is more like it!
Thanks DJ! Yep, I know now how crazy it was to think that I could excuse or plan a cave like that. That was a weak, addict thought that I am way the hell past now. Now I expect to kick this thing in the nuts and win.

No excuse, not even once! Been doing everything I can to live that.

Thanks for the congrats!
FROM DAGRANGER:
You've been a bad ass so far, your going to have to take everything you've learned and be bad ass-ier. No one puts a dip in your lip but you. Expect yourself to quit, and the follow through. Also, if your looking for a couple of real hints, right before the bachelor party starts, post a second roll for the day. Get yourself n the proper mindset. Second, tell the guys at the party you've quit and it's important to you. Lastly, have fun. You can definitely do that without dip. Good luck and congratulations.
FROM PAB1964:
Simple pky, you've built a great brotherhood iin whichalot are depending on you just like you are them! Stay quit! Odaat! Worry about the bachelor party when iit gets here.
FROM FISHFLORIDA:
My August brother...
I'm not gonna sugar coat this...
You and I are almost to hof. If you cave, I swear to god on all things good that I will personally take a flame thrower to you and all the things you love.
Besides, that would mean you'd be in October group and we'd have to go there to get the broken Justin Beiber CDs and sauce. Not happening.
FROM KINGNOTHING:
Congrats pky and I hi-lited one sentence from Dagranger's post because that really is the one and only thought you'll need to remember this weekend. That and you promise on roll. Keep it up brother, you're a damn good leader around these parts.

Offline pky1520

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Quitting MoFo
« Reply #41 on: September 27, 2018, 05:04:58 PM »
My bachelor party is a week away. When I first joined this site, I honestly had every expectation that I would cave during my bachelor party. How could that not be excusable? It's the event that you're SUPPOSED to do the dumb, unhealthy shit that you don't get to do after you're married. The idea is that it gets that kind of behavior out of your system.

Well FUCK that, the shit is already out of my system and I mean to keep it that way. I'm starting this process now because I desperately want to do everything that I can to come out of this thing a GD champion.

I'm going to outline my plan and I appreciate any input on how to make it stronger.

1) Let KTC and my August brothers know about the event and ask for some texts to keep me honest throughout.
2) Inform the folks attending that I am quit and request that they not offer or allow me to have any tobacco.
4) Load up on Smokey Mountain. Give a can to everyone, with instructions to hand it to drunk-ass PKY, should he ask for a chaw.
5) Cunt punt the first one of my friends who actively tries to get me to chew - it will set an example to the rest.
FROM DJPORKCHOP:
I like your plan.

Remember one thing though, one is never an option no matter what! The old nic bitch is never an option, not even once. You know this so no sense in me preaching. Keep them numbers REAL close bud. Once you get to the point of out of control, the dirty old whore will stare you in the face and it is at this time you have to remember the old words, not even once! Just like meth, not even once!

I hope your party goes great as planned and early congrats on your soon to be nuptuals man!

Oh P.S. NEVER have a expectation for any event to make you cave. You expect NOT to cave is more like it!
Thanks DJ! Yep, I know now how crazy it was to think that I could excuse or plan a cave like that. That was a weak, addict thought that I am way the hell past now. Now I expect to kick this thing in the nuts and win.

Thanks for the congrats!
FROM DAGRANGER:
You've been a bad ass so far, your going to have to take everything you've learned and be bad ass-ier. No one puts a dip in your lip but you. Expect yourself to quit, and the follow through. Also, if your looking for a couple of real hints, right before the bachelor party starts, post a second roll for the day. Get yourself n the proper mindset. Second, tell the guys at the party you've quit and it's important to you. Lastly, have fun. You can definitely do that without dip. Good luck and congratulations.
FROM PAB1964:
Simple pky, you've built a great brotherhood iin whichalot are depending on you just like you are them! Stay quit! Odaat! Worry about the bachelor party when iit gets here.
FROM FISHFLORIDA:
My August brother...
I'm not gonna sugar coat this...
You and I are almost to hof. If you cave, I swear to god on all things good that I will personally take a flame thrower to you and all the things you love.
Besides, that would mean you'd be in October group and we'd have to go there to get the broken Justin Beiber CDs and sauce. Not happening.

Offline pky1520

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Quitting MoFo
« Reply #40 on: September 27, 2018, 05:04:28 PM »

FROM DJPORKCHOP:
I like your plan.

Thanks for the congrats!
FROM DAGRANGER:
FROM PAB1964:

Offline pky1520

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Quitting MoFo
« Reply #39 on: September 27, 2018, 05:03:53 PM »

FROM DJPORKCHOP:
I like your plan.

Thanks for the congrats!
FROM DAGRANGER:

Offline pky1520

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Quitting MoFo
« Reply #38 on: September 27, 2018, 05:03:26 PM »

FROM DJPORKCHOP:
I like your plan.

Thanks for the congrats!

Offline pky1520

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Quitting MoFo
« Reply #37 on: September 27, 2018, 05:03:00 PM »

FROM DJPORKCHOP:
I like your plan.