Author Topic: 05 September 2014 QUIT DAY  (Read 1233 times)

Offline brettlees

• Epic Quitter
  • Likes Given: 6
Re: 05 September 2014 QUIT DAY
« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2014, 04:11:00 PM »
RedBlue you know as well as I that "tomorrow" or in this case Sept 5 almost NEVER comes. It gets pushed off until another "magic" day--- because you are addicted to nicotine and its very very hard to stop. What you have to do is just quit. Dump it all out, in the toilet, scrape the cans clean, THEN come back here and dive in with both feet. Don't put it off. You are here for a reason. Just quit today--- what the hell? One of the dips you take between now and some other date may be the one that starts your cells mutating, which = cancer. Just stop now. Then join us. You've found this site, now use it. Now. This is your life you want to win back- but you gotta have the guts to do it. If I can do it, and I have for 315 days straight now, then you can too. Just make your mind up.
This info helped me early on, and still does today: https://whyquit.com/whyquit/linksaaddiction.html

Quitters I’ve met so far: Ihatecope, >Pinched<, T-Cell, grizzlyhasclaws, Canvasback, BaseballPlayer, Cbird65, ERDVM, BradleyGuy, Ted, Zeno, AppleJack, Bronc, Knockout, MookieBlaylock, Rdad, 2mch2lv4, MN_Ben, Natro, Lippizaner, Amquash, ChristopherJ, GDubya, SRohde  -- always eager to meet more!

Offline steffano626

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2014-04-21
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2014, 03:30:00 PM »
Quote from: redbluedevil6
Hello everyone, I just wanted to introduce myself.....Redbluedevil6 here and I'm addicted to dipping Copenhagen Snuff. I've tried several times before to quit unsuccessfully though. The longest I went without dip was 5 days and I relapsed fell back into that nasty habit of mines. One day at a time, but I seriously failed and feel totally bumped out about it.
Hello and welcome, redblue! I see from your quit date and your other post in the 100%er roll topic that you have yet to quit. You are certainly welcome here in the meantime, but you don't really become one of us quitters until you are nicotine free. Consider taking the plunge right now--flush the rest of your can and join us! We all have done it and you can too.

As you know from your previous stoppages, the first few days are hell. But if you commit to this quit and use this site, this can be the last time you go through it.

PS--go to the welcome center forum/55560/ for instructions on how to use this site. December 2014 would be your pre-HOF quit group.

Offline Idaho Spuds

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: August 18, 2014
  • Interests: Family, Soccer, fishing, hunting, camping
  • Likes Given: 71
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2014, 03:30:00 PM »
Redbluedevil16,
Are you quit right now? Or are you anticipating quitting in a couple of days?
Don't wait quit right now!
1st, dump out your cans, spitters, the secrete and back-up stash.
2nd, go over to December 2014 HOF, and promise not to use nicotine today
3rd, read everything on this site and build a network for support. You have never quit chew you just took a break.
PM me for digits, you got this but it will be tough.
Charles

Offline Thumblewort

• Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2014-04-04
  • Interests: Steel Panther, Lions football, Deathmatch Wreslting, Ultra Violent horror movies, feeding the people in my basement pit.
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2014, 03:29:00 PM »
"100 days is great, as long as you treat it as a milepost not and end. Enjoy yourself then get back to posting. I certainly leaned on my daily roll call promise to fight off caves well beyond 100 days.

Congrats! I need to find a quit group......don't know where to start"

From CavMans intro.

Can you explain the above?? That was posted on a HoF congratulations thread. Have you used this site before?
Some of my fondest and clearest memories are peeing in places that aren't bathrooms.

Offline redbluedevil6

• Quit Date: 2014-09-09
  • Likes Given: 0
05 September 2014 QUIT DAY
« on: September 02, 2014, 03:13:00 PM »
Hello everyone, I just wanted to introduce myself.....Redbluedevil6 here and I'm addicted to dipping Copenhagen Snuff. I've tried several times before to quit unsuccessfully though. The longest I went without dip was 5 days and I relapsed fell back into that nasty habit of mines. One day at a time, but I seriously failed and feel totally bumped out about it.