Author Topic: 295+  (Read 17597 times)

Offline tfurrh

• BANNED
  • Quitter
  • Interests: Music and making music. Jam bands especially, but I also enjoy spending time outdoors
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: 295+
« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2009, 12:52:00 AM »
Did you ever appologize to the guy who's balls you squeezed?

Offline Smokeyg

• Quit King
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2009, 01:42:00 PM »
Got my centennial blumpkin this morning. Good stuff indeed.

Offline bubblehed668

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quit King
  • "The" Conductor
  • Quit Date: 03/22/2008
  • Likes Given: 658
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2009, 12:08:00 AM »
Lookin goo Smokes
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Offline Smokeyg

• Quit King
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2009, 09:23:00 PM »
Been raining all fucking day, but I got a ton of shit done. Even let the bike mechanic bleed my brakes while I went to the dog park during the one 30 minute dry spell today. Last day in the 200's - EVER!

Next stop one year!!!

Offline ScooterScum

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: My Wife, Kids, Dirt Bike Riding, Golf, Football, Baseball, Camping, Fishing
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2009, 11:12:00 PM »
Smokey,
Damn glad to see ya back and great introduction!!! This site works wonders no matter whether your on day 1 or closing in on 300. We all need help in our quits no matter where we are at in them. I appreciate what you wrote in your introduction. In your own weird way you are vital to this forum. THis forum is supposed to be a place for quitters to come to and rage and bitch, however, a lot of us don't have a lot of experience with actually speaking our mind. It takes a while to get comfortable conversing on this forum and pouring on the bullshit. I think alot of what you posted really helped alot of quitters forget about the difficulty of their quit and distract their mind for a few minutes. Did some of it go over the line? Probably, but the majority was worthy of being posted and read by others. Glad to have you back, stick around this time, control your anger, help support us and in return we will help support you! All for one, one for all!!!!! 'Cheers'
If it wasn't for Physics and Law Enforcement!
I would be UNSTOPPABLE!!!
HOF 3/08/09
23rd Floor 3/17/15

Offline Smokeyg

• Quit King
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2009, 10:16:00 PM »
I thought I could fix the brake pads on my mountain bike this evening. I was wrong. Why does everything mechanical I touch turn to shit? Fuck me in the daddy hole. At least now I can stimulate my local bike mechanic's economy.

Offline Smokeyg

• Quit King
295+
« on: March 11, 2009, 02:09:00 AM »
A couple of weeks ago I decided to leave this site and not post up until day 300 of my quit. I felt like I needed a break and "the announcement" gave me the perfect opportunity to make a scene and create a situation where I had to stay away to keep my integrity. That was bullshit. The truth is, I was having a hard time and I was feeling aggressive in my day to day life. Blaming this site was easy. My enormous online penis equalled a cocky persona in real life. I kicked a guy in the knee during a soccer game and I immediately realized I had gone off the deep end. Some guy called me "angry" soon after and I squeezed his balls as hard as I could and immediately subbed myself off the field. He was right.

Anyways, over the last few weeks I have visited the site and read some new and old Hall of Fame speeches along with some Introduction section posts. I couldn't bring myself to log-in as Smokeyg because then people would know that I had visted the site. My awesomeness would be diminished in some way. I was a martyr, fighting for the freedom of all....Whatever.

I read Greg's HOF speech and saw his shout out. I saw Theo's avatar message. I read Scooterscum's speech and revisited Samsdad's HOF speech. All reminded me that I still play a part in many people's quits and that my absence was selfish. You son's o' bitches made me log on 5 days sooner than I had planned. Actually, all you son's o' bitches made me log on 5 days sooner than I planned. I need support in my quit. I have built real relationships with many people on this site - especially my August brothers.

When I logged on this evening to post roll with the Bamfers, I saw that I had 16 personal messages. I made it through about number 5 before I started tearing up. At about message 10 I was full on crying. No one said anything super special or uber gay, but the support that this site showed during my absence, even though it was a dipshit absence, really hit home with me. Two people on this website have my e-mail address and new phone number. Neither of them contacted me. They knew I needed my space. BBJ sought out my phone number and texted me. He knew I needed support. I have never felt so much love. My time away has made the "internet personas" real to me. You are all a real part of my life and I need you to keep my quit. I thought I could make it without you but the bitch came back. I came nowhere near to caving, but I damn well thought about it. Recent HOFers....stick around, eh?

Admins - no hard feelings on my part. I know that "announcement" wasn't completely directed towards me. I am a blow-hard and chose to use that as a way to create some accountability for myself to stay away for a while. I didn't mean insult your decision in any way. Actually, at the moment, I did. But, I needed that time off to remember the big picture of what this site is all about. Shit, I even had the thought that Chewless Jim orchestrated the whole fucking thing on my behalf. Either way, CJ, thanks for paying attention to what I wasn't able to admit to myself.

I always regretted not setting up an introduction page to bitch and brag about my quit. Now I have one. Feel free to stop by anytime. Bitches.

Dave - 295+