Author Topic: Hoping to Quit for Good  (Read 43998 times)

Online pky1520

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Quitting MoFo
  • Quit Date: May 2, 2016
  • Interests: Hunting, fishing
  • Likes Given: 84
Re: Hoping to Quit for Good
« Reply #130 on: February 18, 2017, 08:47:00 AM »
Third floor today for this absolute beast of a quitter! Congratulations on posting 300 and thank you for being such a strong leader, reliable administrator and genuine friend.

'worship'

Offline MN_Engineer

• QLAMF ODAAT
  • Administrator
  • Master of Quit
  • Aug '16 Trauma-Tizers
  • Quit Date: 04-25-2016
  • Interests: All things Mopar, Rick and Morty fan, MN Twins for life!
  • Likes Given: 4369
« Reply #129 on: November 10, 2016, 06:48:00 PM »
Quote from: pab1964
Quote from: FLLipOut
Congrats on reaching the 2nd floor!!!
Aww the sweet smell of the second floor! Congratulations my friend!
THANK YOU EVERYONE!!!! I'm honored and humbled by all the support I have received on this site - both from close August brethren to people I have never even shared digits with. 200 days is something I never thought possible. But thanks to the accountability and simple process here at KTC, I am confident I can stay quit FOREVER by honoring my daily promise and taking things simply one day at a time.

QUIT ON!!! 'oh yeah'
Quit: 04.25.16 | HOF: 08.02.16 | 2nd FL: 11.10.16 | 3rd FL: 02.18.17 | 4th FL: 05.29.17 | 5th FL: 09.06.17 | 6th FL: 12.15.17 | 7th FL: 03.25.18 |
8th FL: 07.03.18 | 9th FL: 10.11.18 | Comma: 01.19.19 | 11th FL: 04.29.19 | 12th FL: 08.07.19 | 13th FL: 11.15.19 | 14th FL: 02.23.20 |
15th FL: 06.02.20 | 16th FL: 09.10.20 | 17th FL: 12.19.20 | 18th FL: 03.29.21 | 19th FL: 07.07.21 | Comma 2x: 10.15.21 | 21st FL: 01.23.22 |
22nd FL: 05.03.22 | 23rd FL: 08.11.22 | 24th FL: 11.19.22 | 25th FL: 02.27.23 | 26th FL: 06.07.23 | 27th FL: 09.15.23 | 28th FL: 12.24.23 |
29th FL: 04.02.24 |

"From Skoal to Skol!" My HOF Speech HERE!
"There is no victory without a battle."
"Cave = losing an argument to a dead plant in a plastic can. You are smarter than a dead plant." - Candoit
"The truth is the truth even if no one believes it, and a lie is a lie, even if everyone believes it." - Bishop Fulton J. Sheen

Feel like throwing in the towel? Sign the "Contract to Give Up" HERE
Phat Pauly - Part 1 || Phat Pauly - Part 2 || DeanTheCoot - Pencil Poop

Offline pab1964

• Family
  • Master of Quit
  • Loving the quit life
  • Interests: God family crappie fishing
  • Likes Given: 85
« Reply #128 on: November 10, 2016, 05:53:00 PM »
Quote from: FLLipOut
Aww the sweet smell of the second floor! Congratulations my friend!
Tobacco is so addictive it took me a year after a massive heart attack, in which doctor confirmed caused from dipping to finally put a lid on the bitch! ODAAT EDD

Offline FLLipOut

• Master of Quit
  • Lady Arsonist
  • Quit Date: 07/22/16
  • Likes Given: 2558
« Reply #127 on: November 10, 2016, 08:59:00 AM »
Just one and you will be back to where you started, and where you started was desperately wishing you were where you are now.
"The best way out is always through." - Robert Frost
"I can't carry it for you, but I can carry you!" - Samwise Gamgee
HOF: 10.29.16 | FL 2: 02.06.17 | FL 3: 05.17.17 | Y1: 07.22.17 | FL 4: 08.25.17 | FL 5: 12.03.17 | FL 6: 03.13.18 | FL 7: 06.21.18 | Y2: 07.22.18 | FL 8: 09.29.18 | FL 9: 01.07.19 | COMMA , : 04.17.19 | Y3: 07.22.19 | FL 11: 07.26.19 | FL 12: 11.03.19 | FL 13: 02.11.20 | FL 14: 05.21.20 | Y4: 07.22.20 | FL 15: 08.29.20  | FL 16: 12.07.20 | FL 17: 03.17.21 | FL 18: 06.25.21 | Y5: 07.22.21 | FL 19: 06.25.21 | FL 20 ,, : 01.11.22 | FL 21: 04.21.22 | Y6: 07.22.22 | FL 22: 07.30.22 | FL 23: 11.07.22 | FL 24: 02.15.23 | FL 25: 05.26.23 | Y7: 07.22.23 | FL 26: 09.03.23 | FL 27: 12.12.23 | FL 28: 03.21.24

Offline ChickDip

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • July 2015 Jackals
    • HOF speech
  • Quit Date: 3/30/2015
  • Interests: (July2015 Quit Group) ((7-07-2015 100 days)) ....Quit Day March 30.... Fish Slaying, Hunting, Camping, Hiking, Mtn Biking, Cooking, Sammich-making, Poker, movies, watching Pro Baseball, anything outdoors
  • Likes Given: 2035
« Reply #126 on: November 10, 2016, 01:44:00 AM »
Quote from: FISHFLORIDA
Congrats on 2nd floor brother! It's an honor to be quit with you. August rules! 'oh yeah'
Congrats on 200 MXeng
July 2015 Jackals - House of WUPP
"....the load doesn't weigh me down at all, he ain't heavy he's my brother"
Try to believe that you are worth more than you think, and others are worth more than you think.
"If you haven't... Quit now......If you have... Stay that way " ~AppleJack
"Make It Through Today" WarE2013 (Rest Easy)
"I am quit... for today... with you... but not FOR you" ~LBP
"Endeavor to Persevere!" Lone Waite

my intro / my HOF speech / my comma club
Building a Strong Quit / My HOF Day

Offline FISHFLORIDA

• AUG 16' Traumatizer
  • Administrator
  • Quitting MoFo
  • The Adventures of Florida Man
  • Quit Date: 5/24/16
  • Interests: Saltwater Flyfishing
  • Likes Given: 1528
« Reply #125 on: November 09, 2016, 11:40:00 PM »
Congrats on 2nd floor brother! It's an honor to be quit with you. August rules! 'oh yeah'
Just one is right back to where you were and where you were was desperately wishing you were where you are now.- Via Flip
"But KNOW that quitting every day means that eventually you'll have to quit on the day Lassie kicks the bucket" - ZAM
My Intro
My HOF Speech

Offline FISHFLORIDA

• AUG 16' Traumatizer
  • Administrator
  • Quitting MoFo
« Reply #124 on: November 09, 2016, 11:40:00 PM »
Quote from: MNxEngineer314
Well folks, today is Day 183. Since 2016 is/was a leap year, that means I have been tobacco free for exactly HALF OF A CALENDAR YEAR!!! I have to be honest, I joined this site with a weak determination (determination no less but hey!) but bought in thinking I'd better give things a sincere try. I remember flushing my last dip and while watching it swirl to its watery grave I thought to myself "That won't be my last one. I'll probably fail within a couple weeks." Well KTC doesn't allow shit like that so here I am 6 months later with the definitive knowledge that that dip back on April 23rd was in fact my last dip. EVER.

The freedom is incredible. If you are lurking around the site and happen to be reading this right now (maybe with a lip full of cat turd) SPIT THAT SHIT OUT AND SIGN UP. It will be the best decision you have ever make. It may seem impossible to you like trying to pick up a turd by the clean end but I thought the same thing and here I am, 183 days clean and hating nicotine with every fiber of my being.

Just an quick recent example of the progress I've made. Yesterday I went golfing with my uncle and cousin. I told myself before I left the house to remember to grab my can of fake and throw it in my golf bag. Well I completely forgot about grabbing it until I was half way to the golf course and literally said screw it, I don't need it today. We golfed the entire 18 holes and I don't think I even thought about it once. It's great.

Such a heartfelt thanks to my August brothers and the folks from all groups, new and old that have supported me in this journey. You guys are life savers and I'm proud to be in this fight with you all! While my focus will always remain ODAAT, I am looking forward to that second floor and the next 6 months! QLAMF ODAAT!!
Stay strong, keep doing what your doing it obviously works! Damn proud to be quit with you!
Just one is right back to where you were and where you were was desperately wishing you were where you are now.- Via Flip
"But KNOW that quitting every day means that eventually you'll have to quit on the day Lassie kicks the bucket" - ZAM
My Intro
My HOF Speech

Offline pab1964

• Family
  • Master of Quit
  • Loving the quit life
« Reply #123 on: October 24, 2016, 10:12:00 PM »
Well folks, today is Day 183. Since 2016 is/was a leap year, that means I have been tobacco free for exactly HALF OF A CALENDAR YEAR!!! I have to be honest, I joined this site with a weak determination (determination no less but hey!) but bought in thinking I'd better give things a sincere try. I remember flushing my last dip and while watching it swirl to its watery grave I thought to myself "That won't be my last one. I'll probably fail within a couple weeks." Well KTC doesn't allow shit like that so here I am 6 months later with the definitive knowledge that that dip back on April 23rd was in fact my last dip. EVER.

The freedom is incredible. If you are lurking around the site and happen to be reading this right now (maybe with a lip full of cat turd) SPIT THAT SHIT OUT AND SIGN UP. It will be the best decision you have ever make. It may seem impossible to you like trying to pick up a turd by the clean end but I thought the same thing and here I am, 183 days clean and hating nicotine with every fiber of my being.

Just an quick recent example of the progress I've made. Yesterday I went golfing with my uncle and cousin. I told myself before I left the house to remember to grab my can of fake and throw it in my golf bag. Well I completely forgot about grabbing it until I was half way to the golf course and literally said screw it, I don't need it today. We golfed the entire 18 holes and I don't think I even thought about it once. It's great.

Such a heartfelt thanks to my August brothers and the folks from all groups, new and old that have supported me in this journey. You guys are life savers and I'm proud to be in this fight with you all! While my focus will always remain ODAAT, I am looking forward to that second floor and the next 6 months! QLAMF ODAAT!!
Stay strong, keep doing what your doing it obviously works! Damn proud to be quit with you!
Tobacco is so addictive it took me a year after a massive heart attack, in which doctor confirmed caused from dipping to finally put a lid on the bitch! ODAAT EDD

Offline MN_Engineer

• QLAMF ODAAT
  • Administrator
  • Master of Quit
  • Aug '16 Trauma-Tizers
« Reply #122 on: October 24, 2016, 01:25:00 PM »

Quit: 04.25.16 | HOF: 08.02.16 | 2nd FL: 11.10.16 | 3rd FL: 02.18.17 | 4th FL: 05.29.17 | 5th FL: 09.06.17 | 6th FL: 12.15.17 | 7th FL: 03.25.18 |
8th FL: 07.03.18 | 9th FL: 10.11.18 | Comma: 01.19.19 | 11th FL: 04.29.19 | 12th FL: 08.07.19 | 13th FL: 11.15.19 | 14th FL: 02.23.20 |
15th FL: 06.02.20 | 16th FL: 09.10.20 | 17th FL: 12.19.20 | 18th FL: 03.29.21 | 19th FL: 07.07.21 | Comma 2x: 10.15.21 | 21st FL: 01.23.22 |
22nd FL: 05.03.22 | 23rd FL: 08.11.22 | 24th FL: 11.19.22 | 25th FL: 02.27.23 | 26th FL: 06.07.23 | 27th FL: 09.15.23 | 28th FL: 12.24.23 |

"Cave = losing an argument to a dead plant in a plastic can. You are smarter than a dead plant." - Candoit
"The truth is the truth even if no one believes it, and a lie is a lie, even if everyone believes it." - Bishop Fulton J. Sheen

Offline PMILS

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • September 16 STD
  • Quit Date: 14Jun16
  • Likes Given: 172
« Reply #121 on: September 22, 2016, 03:38:00 PM »
Quote from: FISHFLORIDA
Quote from: AppleJack
Last night I bummed a dip off a stranger without a second thought. Didn't bother texting my accountability brothers. In a matter of seconds I was spewing it out all over the place dreading the gauntlet of criticism I would receive from everyone on here. I was enraged that I had compromised the progress I've made and was depressed to have to start all over again.

But then I woke up. I've had a couple vivid dip dreams previously but this one was different. The dreams before I fought with myself. I argued with the nic bitch. I thought about the consequences. The dream last night was disturbing because I disregarded the consequences with a "fuck it all" attitude. Be assured, this is not the mindset I have regarding my quit. But it reminded me that complacency kills. That complacency will contribute absolutely nothing to the success of your quit. This is an ongoing battle with an addiction that requires constant vigilance.

Today is Day 151 and I'm proud of every minute I have stayed quit. The freedom is freaking awesome and I am proud to be quit with you all today. Peace.
Whew.

I feel ya.

I've had a few that were so real that I had to sit in bed and logic my way through whether I actually caved or not! Rock on, man. These help to keep you grounded and moving forward.

AJ... 1,255 days of amazing freedom.
Damn mnx as I was reading that I was getting pissed till I read it was a dream. See you gotta understand there's guy's and gals you watch and you go, this person here gets it! So you read an intro or post here and there from them and it strengthens your quit because you had them pegged as a quitter not a maybe or no frigging way. It's quitters, newbs vets it doesn't matter, I feed off of them, it makes my day easier. We all struggle, I talk to guy's with 4,5 years under there belts, still crave. Mind you not near as intense or as long but she's still blowing a little kiss. So just remember someone is watching and maybe even looking for that one little post to make it through today and I will say you have got me through a few! Thanks damn proud to be quit with you!
It humbles me to hear that. I completely agree though. We are in this together and there are days where I am frantically searching through the quit groups searching for that nugget of advice or support to power me through that day. And to reciprocate I try to leave a breadcrumb trail of encouragement for other people to pick up and carry them through. This is what makes KTC work and why I am (and will remain!) QUIT.
I almost just puked on my computer. I thought I was gonna have to fly to MN and take a flamethrower with me. Dip dreams are worse than those kissin' yer' sister dreams.
^^^ Holy shit ... you little engineer geek ... had me sweatin...FLA I woulda helped you... We should start calling those dip nightmares(they are far from dreamy)
ENJOY YOUR QUIT TODAY!!

Intro

HOF Speech

Offline FISHFLORIDA

• AUG 16' Traumatizer
  • Administrator
  • Quitting MoFo
« Reply #120 on: September 22, 2016, 02:11:00 PM »
Last night I bummed a dip off a stranger without a second thought. Didn't bother texting my accountability brothers. In a matter of seconds I was spewing it out all over the place dreading the gauntlet of criticism I would receive from everyone on here. I was enraged that I had compromised the progress I've made and was depressed to have to start all over again.

But then I woke up. I've had a couple vivid dip dreams previously but this one was different. The dreams before I fought with myself. I argued with the nic bitch. I thought about the consequences. The dream last night was disturbing because I disregarded the consequences with a "fuck it all" attitude. Be assured, this is not the mindset I have regarding my quit. But it reminded me that complacency kills. That complacency will contribute absolutely nothing to the success of your quit. This is an ongoing battle with an addiction that requires constant vigilance.

Today is Day 151 and I'm proud of every minute I have stayed quit. The freedom is freaking awesome and I am proud to be quit with you all today. Peace.
Whew.

I feel ya.

I've had a few that were so real that I had to sit in bed and logic my way through whether I actually caved or not! Rock on, man. These help to keep you grounded and moving forward.

Damn mnx as I was reading that I was getting pissed till I read it was a dream. See you gotta understand there's guy's and gals you watch and you go, this person here gets it! So you read an intro or post here and there from them and it strengthens your quit because you had them pegged as a quitter not a maybe or no frigging way. It's quitters, newbs vets it doesn't matter, I feed off of them, it makes my day easier. We all struggle, I talk to guy's with 4,5 years under there belts, still crave. Mind you not near as intense or as long but she's still blowing a little kiss. So just remember someone is watching and maybe even looking for that one little post to make it through today and I will say you have got me through a few! Thanks damn proud to be quit with you!
It humbles me to hear that. I completely agree though. We are in this together and there are days where I am frantically searching through the quit groups searching for that nugget of advice or support to power me through that day. And to reciprocate I try to leave a breadcrumb trail of encouragement for other people to pick up and carry them through. This is what makes KTC work and why I am (and will remain!) QUIT.
I almost just puked on my computer. I thought I was gonna have to fly to MN and take a flamethrower with me. Dip dreams are worse than those kissin' yer' sister dreams.
My Intro
My HOF Speech

Offline MN_Engineer

• QLAMF ODAAT
  • Administrator
  • Master of Quit
  • Aug '16 Trauma-Tizers
« Reply #119 on: September 22, 2016, 12:29:00 PM »

Whew.

I feel ya.

Offline pab1964

• Family
  • Master of Quit
  • Loving the quit life
« Reply #118 on: September 22, 2016, 12:16:00 PM »

Whew.

I feel ya.

Offline AppleJack

• Rockin’ in the free world...
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: April 17, 2013
  • Likes Given: 106
« Reply #117 on: September 22, 2016, 10:41:00 AM »

Whew.

I feel ya.

Well, it’s one louder, isn’t it? It’s not ten.

Offline MN_Engineer

• QLAMF ODAAT
  • Administrator
  • Master of Quit
  • Aug '16 Trauma-Tizers
« Reply #116 on: September 22, 2016, 10:33:00 AM »