Offline Wt57

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Gardening, Dutch Oven , playing with grand kids
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: 1 week
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2012, 09:56:00 AM »
Quote from: ntartick
Quote from: Gawn
Wanted to stop by and say hi and thank you to all members.  Today (Monday, April 9) is seven days tobacco free.  I've been wanting to quit for a long time but I always made excuses and justifications for having just one last can.  I can't really say for sure how many years I've been dipping, but I can say that in about the last 5, my use became heavier and heavier.  I used Skoal pouches and finished one of those off in about 24 hours....

So, the first couple nights were horrible.  It was hard to get to sleep and when I did, I would have dreams jolting me awake up and thinking "WHAT IN THE F WAS THAT?" .  It continued all through the night....fall asleep...wake up cause of a crazy dream....repeat.  Fatigue has been a big factor in my quitting as well.  I just feel like there is no energy although that has improved within the last 2 days.

Here's the part that really concerns me.  Even when I dipped, I was always checking for sores in my mouth and paying extra attention to any pain I might feel while swallowing, etc.  By the way, this is no way to live.  In constant fear of finding something suspicious and then getting a false sense of security when you don't see that white blister.  Anyway, at about day 4 my tongue felt like a pulled muscle.  That stuck around for about half the day.  I checked my mouth and as far back as I could see into my throat.  Nothing visible.  After that, I notice pains, almost like you have bit your tongue real hard but they only stay in certain areas of the tongue for half the day.  I have examined my mouth all I can and cannot see any blisters or even red marks.  I'm going to see if these pains go away on their own in a couple days and then I will head to a doctor.  Anyone else experienced this sort of symptom with their tongue?

Well, thank you all for being a part of recovery.  Not only mine, but to all those out there looking for peace away from this damn addiction.  Take care all and best wishes for you
Gawn,

Great decision to leave nicotene behind you. We all worry about what damage we've done to our mouth since we started putting that crap in there. Here's the deal, your mouth is healing and it's going to hurt sometimes. Usually it's nothing, but if it is persistant go to the doctor's/dentist to get it checked out.

I have experienced pain and numbmess and other things durring the first few weeks of quitting and minor sores healing even now. There is information on this site to explain what you are going through, see link below. If you are really concered go see a doctor. Better to be safe than sorry. PM me if you need anything or numbers.

http://killthecan.org/yourquit/symptoms.asp
A voice of experience when the sores and pain leave then you will think oh maybe I can keep chewing, I didn't really have anything to worry about. Fuck that bitch, can't count the times I've been down that same road. No more I quit, stay quit with me.
4/1/2012: Nicotine Quit Date
7/9/12: HOF The Missing Warning Label
TODAY is the day that counts
"Do, or do not, there is no try." Yoda

Offline ntartick

• Quitter
  • Interests: Church & Bowling
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2012, 09:29:00 AM »
Wanted to stop by and say hi and thank you to all members. Today (Monday, April 9) is seven days tobacco free. I've been wanting to quit for a long time but I always made excuses and justifications for having just one last can. I can't really say for sure how many years I've been dipping, but I can say that in about the last 5, my use became heavier and heavier. I used Skoal pouches and finished one of those off in about 24 hours....

So, the first couple nights were horrible. It was hard to get to sleep and when I did, I would have dreams jolting me awake up and thinking "WHAT IN THE F WAS THAT?" . It continued all through the night....fall asleep...wake up cause of a crazy dream....repeat. Fatigue has been a big factor in my quitting as well. I just feel like there is no energy although that has improved within the last 2 days.

Here's the part that really concerns me. Even when I dipped, I was always checking for sores in my mouth and paying extra attention to any pain I might feel while swallowing, etc. By the way, this is no way to live. In constant fear of finding something suspicious and then getting a false sense of security when you don't see that white blister. Anyway, at about day 4 my tongue felt like a pulled muscle. That stuck around for about half the day. I checked my mouth and as far back as I could see into my throat. Nothing visible. After that, I notice pains, almost like you have bit your tongue real hard but they only stay in certain areas of the tongue for half the day. I have examined my mouth all I can and cannot see any blisters or even red marks. I'm going to see if these pains go away on their own in a couple days and then I will head to a doctor. Anyone else experienced this sort of symptom with their tongue?

Well, thank you all for being a part of recovery. Not only mine, but to all those out there looking for peace away from this damn addiction. Take care all and best wishes for you
Gawn,

Great decision to leave nicotene behind you. We all worry about what damage we've done to our mouth since we started putting that crap in there. Here's the deal, your mouth is healing and it's going to hurt sometimes. Usually it's nothing, but if it is persistant go to the doctor's/dentist to get it checked out.

I have experienced pain and numbmess and other things durring the first few weeks of quitting and minor sores healing even now. There is information on this site to explain what you are going through, see link below. If you are really concered go see a doctor. Better to be safe than sorry. PM me if you need anything or numbers.

http://killthecan.org/yourquit/symptoms.asp
Never forget the past or you will be doomed to relive your mistakes.

Offline Wt57

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Gardening, Dutch Oven , playing with grand kids
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2012, 09:19:00 AM »
Wanted to stop by and say hi and thank you to all members. Today (Monday, April 9) is seven days tobacco free. I've been wanting to quit for a long time but I always made excuses and justifications for having just one last can. I can't really say for sure how many years I've been dipping, but I can say that in about the last 5, my use became heavier and heavier. I used Skoal pouches and finished one of those off in about 24 hours....

So, the first couple nights were horrible. It was hard to get to sleep and when I did, I would have dreams jolting me awake up and thinking "WHAT IN THE F WAS THAT?" . It continued all through the night....fall asleep...wake up cause of a crazy dream....repeat. Fatigue has been a big factor in my quitting as well. I just feel like there is no energy although that has improved within the last 2 days.

Here's the part that really concerns me. Even when I dipped, I was always checking for sores in my mouth and paying extra attention to any pain I might feel while swallowing, etc. By the way, this is no way to live. In constant fear of finding something suspicious and then getting a false sense of security when you don't see that white blister. Anyway, at about day 4 my tongue felt like a pulled muscle. That stuck around for about half the day. I checked my mouth and as far back as I could see into my throat. Nothing visible. After that, I notice pains, almost like you have bit your tongue real hard but they only stay in certain areas of the tongue for half the day. I have examined my mouth all I can and cannot see any blisters or even red marks. I'm going to see if these pains go away on their own in a couple days and then I will head to a doctor. Anyone else experienced this sort of symptom with their tongue?

Well, thank you all for being a part of recovery. Not only mine, but to all those out there looking for peace away from this damn addiction. Take care all and best wishes for you
Welcome to the crowd bunch of ingrates. More help here then you can imagine. Check in box I will send contact info. Best choice you will ever make stay quit.
4/1/2012: Nicotine Quit Date
7/9/12: HOF The Missing Warning Label
TODAY is the day that counts
"Do, or do not, there is no try." Yoda

Offline Gawn

1 week
« on: April 10, 2012, 03:22:00 AM »