Author Topic: gonna make it  (Read 237 times)

Offline bman50317

• Epic Quitter
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: gonna make it
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2008, 08:31:00 PM »
Yeah, you are an addict. "Just One" doesn't apply to us. Sooner you realize this the better off you will be. Withdrawal sucks, but you are stronger and smarter, so don't give in.

Answers to your questions (Sort of)....

1. Blah, Blah, Blah....There will never be a convenient time to quit. Every trigger you encounter while quitting will mess with you. You will get past this, but it will take some resolve on your part. As for the agression: go running, get a punching bag, etc.

2. No reason to be worried. When I quit, I felt like someone close to me had died. I felt empty and like I had no direction. It sucks, but things get a little brighter day by day. Focus on the good.

The games that this addiction plays on us are terrible my friend. You gotta remember that you are the strong one and YOU are in control. You do have the power to quit, never doubt that. Let me know how I can help you.
Time heals but I'm forever broken

Offline tfurrh

• BANNED
  • Quitter
  • Interests: Music and making music. Jam bands especially, but I also enjoy spending time outdoors
  • Likes Given: 0
gonna make it
« on: November 25, 2008, 06:20:00 PM »
I started dipping at 17, really just b/c my dad did it. I'm 21 now, and my life is no longer a big party; I've had a good solid job dispatching truck drivers for the past year, and I just bought a house. I feel like I'm at a point in my life where I can get in a routine and get healthy....and thats the main thing...being healthy. I went for 9 days without Copenhagen, then yesterday I had a dip....The withdrawals were worse than ever today. so now I that I know the "just one" doesn't work, I'm ready to lick this thing, get my life healthy, and be a slave to nothing

some points I need help on though...
1. work is really fast paced and very stressfull. I've always turned to the can for the calm...but now I can't concentrate, and everything annoys me. How can I lessen this aggression?

2. Highs and Lows...is this normal? I feel like I have it licked and I'm on top....then a minute later somebody says something and I'm instantly depressed and a feel like a failure. Should I be worried?