Author Topic: Contemplating Forever  (Read 414 times)

Offline eric71

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Weight Training, Powerlifting, Kettlebells, coaching, fantasy sports
  • Likes Given: 6
Re: Contemplating Forever
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2012, 04:52:00 AM »
Quote from: Mthomas3824
Quote from: Steve1357
Quote from: kj2626
I've tried to quit far too many times, but have yet to succeed longer than a few months.  The most difficult part for me is my inability to comprehend and commit to the concept of "forever."  I am quitting forever.  Let it sink in.

I'm relying on all of you to help me through.  Let's do it!
Forever is a long time. Forever is scary. Forever seems impossible.

No one here is quit for forever. Everyone of us is quit for today. Does not matter if you are on day 1 or day 1000. Every single person who posted roll call today has promised not to use nicotine for today and today only.

Tomorrow is a new day, and if it is anything like the past 436 days (which I expect it to be), I will wake up and make that promise again.

One day at a time. Worry about tomorrow when it gets here. Until then, you can quit for just today right?
KJ

Simple you are an addict. An addicted mind becomes more creative and there are some good things that an addicted mind has. However, you transformed your thinking.

An addicted mind can not think in terms of forever. If you think about this, when you have a terrible craving, you will fall hopeless thinking the nic bitch will win some day.

So you have to trick your mind back. Never worry about your battles or craves that may come tomorrow. Just fight through today. That's it.

Don't worry about tomorrow. Hell you might chew tomorrow but today, you quit and will stay quit. Sounds simple but practice it and get to the HOF. You will realize that addicts that are determined to get their dip on can be just as determined to keep their quit on.

You will fail if you think about being quit tomorrow, next week or five years from now.

You can stay quit forever if you follow the plan. Post roll, keep your word, only for today. If you wake tomorrow, Repeat. Just win today. Tomorrow will be here soon enough.

I failed over and over then it dawned on my what is meant by quit only for today. 203 days quit. It works. Don't sweat tomorrow, just win your match today.
Just for today, I'm quit. I've said that phrase for 100 consecutive days. Just give us your word for today and go about making today the best it can be. Tomorrow will be today soon enough. My kids will be off to college soon enough but I don't fast forward their lives and miss my time with them now because of it. Live and quit in the now.

Offline Mthomas3824

• Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2012-03-14
  • Interests: Living my life and never turning back to the can of lies.
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2012, 06:22:00 PM »
Quote from: Steve1357
I've tried to quit far too many times, but have yet to succeed longer than a few months.  The most difficult part for me is my inability to comprehend and commit to the concept of "forever."  I am quitting forever.  Let it sink in.

I'm relying on all of you to help me through.  Let's do it!

No one here is quit for forever. Everyone of us is quit for today. Does not matter if you are on day 1 or day 1000. Every single person who posted roll call today has promised not to use nicotine for today and today only.

Tomorrow is a new day, and if it is anything like the past 436 days (which I expect it to be), I will wake up and make that promise again.

One day at a time. Worry about tomorrow when it gets here. Until then, you can quit for just today right?
KJ

Simple you are an addict. An addicted mind becomes more creative and there are some good things that an addicted mind has. However, you transformed your thinking.

An addicted mind can not think in terms of forever. If you think about this, when you have a terrible craving, you will fall hopeless thinking the nic bitch will win some day.

So you have to trick your mind back. Never worry about your battles or craves that may come tomorrow. Just fight through today. That's it.

Don't worry about tomorrow. Hell you might chew tomorrow but today, you quit and will stay quit. Sounds simple but practice it and get to the HOF. You will realize that addicts that are determined to get their dip on can be just as determined to keep their quit on.

You will fail if you think about being quit tomorrow, next week or five years from now.

You can stay quit forever if you follow the plan. Post roll, keep your word, only for today. If you wake tomorrow, Repeat. Just win today. Tomorrow will be here soon enough.

I failed over and over then it dawned on my what is meant by quit only for today. 203 days quit. It works. Don't sweat tomorrow, just win your match today.
Quit And Be Free

HOF Speech

Offline steve1357

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Browns, Indians, Buckeyes.
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2012, 06:15:00 PM »
I've tried to quit far too many times, but have yet to succeed longer than a few months. The most difficult part for me is my inability to comprehend and commit to the concept of "forever." I am quitting forever. Let it sink in.

I'm relying on all of you to help me through. Let's do it!

Offline kj2626

• Likes Given: 0
Contemplating Forever
« on: October 02, 2012, 05:47:00 PM »
I've tried to quit far too many times, but have yet to succeed longer than a few months. The most difficult part for me is my inability to comprehend and commit to the concept of "forever." I am quitting forever. Let it sink in.

I'm relying on all of you to help me through. Let's do it!