Author Topic: I'm ready  (Read 237 times)

Offline Falcon67

• 2017 Decemberist
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: Aug 29, 2017
  • Interests: Fishing, archery, Geocaching, Music, Magic
  • Likes Given: 214
Re: I'm ready
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2017, 08:38:00 PM »
Update your profile with your quit date. If it is today then post Roll in the January pre HOF group. If before today then December pre HOF group.

You need to promise everyday that you will not touch nicotine then post in your group. You are giving your word to yourself and your group everyday. We only ask for a promise each day - one day at a time. WUPP - wake up piss post. That needs to be your mantra.

Read this site - lots of great information- lots of great quitters all with nicotine addiction.

If you are serious then the ball is in your court to post Roll - shows us your commitment.

Offline BBB

• Quit Date: 2017-09-22
  • Likes Given: 0
I'm ready
« on: September 24, 2017, 05:40:00 PM »
Not sure where to start but I've chewed for 20 years I stopped chewing Copenhagen about four weeks ago but have smoked cigars to take edge off so obviously not doing myself any favors so it doesn't count I've been no tobacco at all since Friday I even stopped with the fake stuff it was still beating my mouth up pretty good . I've wanted to quit for a while but didn't tell a bit of a scare . I've been to dentist and primary doctor I have a white lining in my mouth where I kept my dip they say it's not cancer or as of yet but no real tests were done so I drive myself batshit crazy looking st pics and reading all the stuff on the internet and constantly convince my self I have cancer. I'm assuming the white lining in my mouth is part of the healing process from years of abuse I just wish I could stay out of the mirror and off the Internet . I have read a ton of the post on here so I don't feel completely alone on this journey. Every time I want a dip or cigar I think of my kids and think I don't want to start this first three days over again