Author Topic: Intro  (Read 1370 times)

Offline Kickin-wing

• Quitter
  • Hi
  • Quit Date: 07/11/2018
  • Likes Given: 189
Re: Intro
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2018, 01:06:42 PM »
Well here I am. Currently 29. Will be 30 in March. Took my first dip in January 2004. Pretty much been dipping more years of my life than not dipping. I want to be quit and in the best shape of my life by 30. Mental, emotional, physical, everything. This will only happen if I quit. I dip 2 cans a day and am ashamed. I quit for about 7 months two years ago, smoked a cigarette with a friend one day and was back to the can the next day. Never have I felt better than those 7 months, but it’s like my mind/body has forgotten that feeling and I want it back. I work too much in order to support my habitaddiction. It is not slowing down either. Today I make the decision to return to that 7 month period in my life. When food tasted better, when my cheeks didn’t look stretched out from the big pinches I use, when I had so much energy and a clear mind throughout the day that I accomplished much more. Today I quit and I will be relying on all of you to help me through the struggle that is about to happen. But I am committed to myself and each of you.
Welcome!! I'm happy to see you made your way into March. Use the PM tool (My Message) in the toolbar at the top to share your digits with your fellow March 2019 members. Post roll each and every morning as soon as you wake up and start to build up your accountability network.

One thing I want to clarify is you used the word "habit". Here at KTC, we are fighting nicotine ADDICTION. Habits can be easily broken, i.e. biting your nails, scratching your balls in church, etc. Addictions are for life with no cure. That is why we post our promises daily to not use nicotine and focus on keeping that word one day at a time (ODAAT).

When you start to experience the "fog" or quit rage, come in here to vent. We can all relate and want to help. Enjoy the freedom of being QUIT!

Just want to reiterate what MNxEngineer said, we've got an addiction, not a habit.  A habit you can pickup and put down at your leisure, an addiction is unwilling service, slavery if you will.  I'll be 30 in May, 7/11/2018 quit date, this site and it's members are a testament to the fact that life is better without nicotine.  Along with your fellow February quitters I'd love to help/come with on your journey.  Check your inbox for my number. 

Some solid advice you will see is one thing at a time.  Don't try to do too much too quickly, focus on quitting for now.
You need anything, ask.  You feel strong, help.  This quit is for you but we got your back.  -wastepanel

Introduction

Offline MN_Engineer

• QLAMF ODAAT
  • Administrator
  • Master of Quit
  • Aug '16 Trauma-Tizers
  • Quit Date: 04-25-2016
  • Interests: All things Mopar, Rick and Morty fan, MN Twins for life!
  • Likes Given: 4368
Re: Intro
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2018, 11:22:32 AM »
Well here I am. Currently 29. Will be 30 in March. Took my first dip in January 2004. Pretty much been dipping more years of my life than not dipping. I want to be quit and in the best shape of my life by 30. Mental, emotional, physical, everything. This will only happen if I quit. I dip 2 cans a day and am ashamed. I quit for about 7 months two years ago, smoked a cigarette with a friend one day and was back to the can the next day. Never have I felt better than those 7 months, but it’s like my mind/body has forgotten that feeling and I want it back. I work too much in order to support my habitaddiction. It is not slowing down either. Today I make the decision to return to that 7 month period in my life. When food tasted better, when my cheeks didn’t look stretched out from the big pinches I use, when I had so much energy and a clear mind throughout the day that I accomplished much more. Today I quit and I will be relying on all of you to help me through the struggle that is about to happen. But I am committed to myself and each of you.
Welcome!! I'm happy to see you made your way into March. Use the PM tool (My Message) in the toolbar at the top to share your digits with your fellow March 2019 members. Post roll each and every morning as soon as you wake up and start to build up your accountability network.

One thing I want to clarify is you used the word "habit". Here at KTC, we are fighting nicotine ADDICTION. Habits can be easily broken, i.e. biting your nails, scratching your balls in church, etc. Addictions are for life with no cure. That is why we post our promises daily to not use nicotine and focus on keeping that word one day at a time (ODAAT).

When you start to experience the "fog" or quit rage, come in here to vent. We can all relate and want to help. Enjoy the freedom of being QUIT!
Quit: 04.25.16 | HOF: 08.02.16 | 2nd FL: 11.10.16 | 3rd FL: 02.18.17 | 4th FL: 05.29.17 | 5th FL: 09.06.17 | 6th FL: 12.15.17 | 7th FL: 03.25.18 |
8th FL: 07.03.18 | 9th FL: 10.11.18 | Comma: 01.19.19 | 11th FL: 04.29.19 | 12th FL: 08.07.19 | 13th FL: 11.15.19 | 14th FL: 02.23.20 |
15th FL: 06.02.20 | 16th FL: 09.10.20 | 17th FL: 12.19.20 | 18th FL: 03.29.21 | 19th FL: 07.07.21 | Comma 2x: 10.15.21 | 21st FL: 01.23.22 |
22nd FL: 05.03.22 | 23rd FL: 08.11.22 | 24th FL: 11.19.22 | 25th FL: 02.27.23 | 26th FL: 06.07.23 | 27th FL: 09.15.23 | 28th FL: 12.24.23 |
29th FL: 04.02.24 |

"From Skoal to Skol!" My HOF Speech HERE!
"There is no victory without a battle."
"Cave = losing an argument to a dead plant in a plastic can. You are smarter than a dead plant." - Candoit
"The truth is the truth even if no one believes it, and a lie is a lie, even if everyone believes it." - Bishop Fulton J. Sheen

Feel like throwing in the towel? Sign the "Contract to Give Up" HERE
Phat Pauly - Part 1 || Phat Pauly - Part 2 || DeanTheCoot - Pencil Poop

Offline dfleisch2441

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 12/05/2018
  • Interests: Sports, outdoors, working out
  • Likes Given: 0
Intro
« on: December 05, 2018, 10:59:37 AM »
Well here I am. Currently 29. Will be 30 in March. Took my first dip in January 2004. Pretty much been dipping more years of my life than not dipping. I want to be quit and in the best shape of my life by 30. Mental, emotional, physical, everything. This will only happen if I quit. I dip 2 cans a day and am ashamed. I quit for about 7 months two years ago, smoked a cigarette with a friend one day and was back to the can the next day. Never have I felt better than those 7 months, but it’s like my mind/body has forgotten that feeling and I want it back. I work too much in order to support my habit. It is not slowing down either. Today I make the decision to return to that 7 month period in my life. When food tasted better, when my cheeks didn’t look stretched out from the big pinches I use, when I had so much energy and a clear mind throughout the day that I accomplished much more. Today I quit and I will be relying on all of you to help me through the struggle that is about to happen. But I am committed to myself and each of you.