Author Topic: Streev is here  (Read 1427 times)

Offline MN_Engineer

• QLAMF ODAAT
  • Administrator
  • Master of Quit
  • Aug '16 Trauma-Tizers
  • Quit Date: 04-25-2016
  • Interests: All things Mopar, Rick and Morty fan, MN Twins for life!
  • Likes Given: 4368
Re: Streev is here
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2018, 03:14:30 PM »
Wow, what an incredible community I never expected to find.  Within hours of posting my first Roll, I received a dozen messages with phone #'s and offers of support/encouragement. 

I'm 31 and dipped for 15 years.  I have been lying to myself that I wasn't an addict.  I'm sick of looking in the mirror every few days and constantly worrying about whether or not I will get cancer.  Not that it's important because an addict is an addict regardless of how much he uses, but I have dipped roughly one tin per week.  Flipped between grizzly pouches during golf season and Snus during winter months.

The sad thing I just realized is how this addiction has affected others in my life without them even knowing I had it.  Cutting conversations short so I can go have a dip, telling my wife I want to play video games at night so she will go upstairs and I can enjoy a cat turd.  I cherish my wife and four month old son.  Dipping isn't hurting only me, it was hurting everyone around me who cares. 

This is a huge wake up call and I'm super glad y'all are here for me.  Looking forward to staying Quit. Here's to ODDAAT.

Side note, I'm on Day 5 and doing well other than sore gums and sore throat.  Anyone ever get a sore throat and how long did that last? What other nicotine withdrawal symptoms did you have and how long did they last?  Not that I'm a pussy and can't handle it, just curious. :)

Welcome bro, glad you are here.

I think we all had different symptoms we went through the first month or so, sore throat and gums is very common.

I would get splitting headaches at work, night sweats, curled up in the fetal position on the bathroom floor thinking I was gonna die... you know the usual  roflmao

Get those numbers, post roll early and every damn day.

Brotherhood + Accountability = Success

Promise you won't chew for today... keep your damn word... repeat tomorrow= easy peasy

Read as much as you can here to take your mind off the suck and embrace the suck as you never want to feel that way again.

You can do this, proud to quit with you

Skol 338

PS- drink a ton of water and use fake if need be, just don't put the cancer back in your mouth.... If a huge crave comes on slam your nuts in a drawer.. crave gone 100% of the time... every time
Hey man! Great intro. I sent you my digits so don't hesitate to use them. And don't forget to reciprocate and share yours.

2.5 years ago I received a similar outpouring of support and it was pleasantly overwhelming! I quickly realized though that while all those people wanted to support me, none of them could quit for me. I had to do my part by posting roll each and every day and use the support offered to keep that promise 24 hours at a time.

That being said, we all want to see you be successful in your QUIT! But the process starts with you so drink the KTC kool aid and I look forward to supporting you in this daily battle.

'coolshades
Quit: 04.25.16 | HOF: 08.02.16 | 2nd FL: 11.10.16 | 3rd FL: 02.18.17 | 4th FL: 05.29.17 | 5th FL: 09.06.17 | 6th FL: 12.15.17 | 7th FL: 03.25.18 |
8th FL: 07.03.18 | 9th FL: 10.11.18 | Comma: 01.19.19 | 11th FL: 04.29.19 | 12th FL: 08.07.19 | 13th FL: 11.15.19 | 14th FL: 02.23.20 |
15th FL: 06.02.20 | 16th FL: 09.10.20 | 17th FL: 12.19.20 | 18th FL: 03.29.21 | 19th FL: 07.07.21 | Comma 2x: 10.15.21 | 21st FL: 01.23.22 |
22nd FL: 05.03.22 | 23rd FL: 08.11.22 | 24th FL: 11.19.22 | 25th FL: 02.27.23 | 26th FL: 06.07.23 | 27th FL: 09.15.23 | 28th FL: 12.24.23 |
29th FL: 04.02.24 |

"From Skoal to Skol!" My HOF Speech HERE!
"There is no victory without a battle."
"Cave = losing an argument to a dead plant in a plastic can. You are smarter than a dead plant." - Candoit
"The truth is the truth even if no one believes it, and a lie is a lie, even if everyone believes it." - Bishop Fulton J. Sheen

Feel like throwing in the towel? Sign the "Contract to Give Up" HERE
Phat Pauly - Part 1 || Phat Pauly - Part 2 || DeanTheCoot - Pencil Poop

Offline Skolvikings

• 86 Poison
  • Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Trample the weak, hurdle the dead.
  • Quit Date: 01/02/2018
  • Interests: Mortgage Professional, Foodie, Golf, Guns, Beer, Vikings Football, Cornhuskers Football, My Amazing Wife
  • Likes Given: 975
Re: Streev is here
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2018, 03:02:41 PM »
Wow, what an incredible community I never expected to find.  Within hours of posting my first Roll, I received a dozen messages with phone #'s and offers of support/encouragement. 

I'm 31 and dipped for 15 years.  I have been lying to myself that I wasn't an addict.  I'm sick of looking in the mirror every few days and constantly worrying about whether or not I will get cancer.  Not that it's important because an addict is an addict regardless of how much he uses, but I have dipped roughly one tin per week.  Flipped between grizzly pouches during golf season and Snus during winter months.

The sad thing I just realized is how this addiction has affected others in my life without them even knowing I had it.  Cutting conversations short so I can go have a dip, telling my wife I want to play video games at night so she will go upstairs and I can enjoy a cat turd.  I cherish my wife and four month old son.  Dipping isn't hurting only me, it was hurting everyone around me who cares. 

This is a huge wake up call and I'm super glad y'all are here for me.  Looking forward to staying Quit. Here's to ODDAAT.

Side note, I'm on Day 5 and doing well other than sore gums and sore throat.  Anyone ever get a sore throat and how long did that last? What other nicotine withdrawal symptoms did you have and how long did they last?  Not that I'm a pussy and can't handle it, just curious. :)

Welcome bro, glad you are here.

I think we all had different symptoms we went through the first month or so, sore throat and gums is very common.

I would get splitting headaches at work, night sweats, curled up in the fetal position on the bathroom floor thinking I was gonna die... you know the usual  roflmao

Get those numbers, post roll early and every damn day.

Brotherhood + Accountability = Success

Promise you won't chew for today... keep your damn word... repeat tomorrow= easy peasy

Read as much as you can here to take your mind off the suck and embrace the suck as you never want to feel that way again.

You can do this, proud to quit with you

Skol 338

PS- drink a ton of water and use fake if need be, just don't put the cancer back in your mouth.... If a huge crave comes on slam your nuts in a drawer.. crave gone 100% of the time... every time
« Last Edit: December 05, 2018, 03:04:20 PM by Skolvikings »
Be humble... grow everyday.

I fear I will always be chasing the vortex like a drug. None will be as special as my first hit.

MY HOF SPEECH

Offline Streev

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 4
Streev is here
« on: December 05, 2018, 02:53:31 PM »