Author Topic: Day 5  (Read 1203 times)

Offline RDB

• Quit Spartan
  • Quit Pro
  • Quit Date 1/22/16
  • Likes Given: 4
Re: Day 5
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2018, 08:48:58 AM »
I’m at day 5 also. Been chewing Copenhagen L cut on and off for 30 plus years 1 can per day.  Planned this out for over a month now. Lost 10 extra pounds in November and ordered nicorete gum 4 mg. So far it’s been pretty easy, other than eating all the time. Chewing around 8-10 pieces of the nicorette gum. My concern is when do I need to start coming off the gum?

Now.

Come off the gum now. You've only replaced the delivery mechanism for the nicotine. We are nicotine addicts, not tobacco addicts. You are not quit until you are off all forms of nicotine.

Offline bunnells

• Likes Given: 1
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2018, 12:05:52 AM »
I’m at day 5 also. Been chewing Copenhagen L cut on and off for 30 plus years 1 can per day.  Planned this out for over a month now. Lost 10 extra pounds in November and ordered nicorete gum 4 mg. So far it’s been pretty easy, other than eating all the time. Chewing around 8-10 pieces of the nicorette gum. My concern is when do I need to start coming off the gum? 

Offline RDB

• Quit Spartan
  • Quit Pro
  • Quit Date 1/22/16
  • Likes Given: 4
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2018, 11:18:45 AM »
Welcome, and thanks for your service to our country.

It looks like you tried to post roll. You didn't quite do it right, but don't worry about that, the only way to screw up roll is by nit being on roll. And trust me, I and many others screwed up roll our first or even first five tries.

Here's a link to directions on posting roll - https://forum.killthecan.org/index.php?topic=197.0. Think of it like this, you are adding your name to a rolling post. So, you "quote" the most recent roll post, and add your name under the members of your quit group who have already posted.

I'm proud to quit with you.

Offline Jeff G

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 0
Day 5
« on: December 06, 2018, 10:50:29 AM »
This is my first time posting on this site after visiting and reading through the posts and articles for about a year. I figured I could do this alone and never joined a group. I was a cigarette smoker from age 15-25. I joined the Marines in 2009 and started dipping for a few years. I would sometimes smoke with a dip in my mouth.  Eventually I quit dipping and just smoked.  I quit smoking (and all nicotine) September of 2011. This was after many, many quit attempts.  I refrained from all forms of nicotine until the summer of 2015 when I stupidly smoked a cigar after a summer day of drinking and canoeing with my wife and friends.  I figured I had it beat and I was good to go.  Well like most of us on here, one cigar led to another and before I knew it, a cigar on a "special occasion" turned into every weekend.  Fast forward to about a year ago my brother-in-law offered me a dip which I initially turned down.  A few beers and a few shots later I took a dip which sent my nicotine receptors into lala land.  A year later and several half-assed quit attempts I am finally ready to refrain from all forms of nicotine and am ready to face the storm that I know is coming.  Took my last dip December 1st.  I appreciate this site and all the good knowledge it offers.

-Jeff