Author Topic: I thought after 30 days it would get better...  (Read 1542 times)

Offline Big Irv

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: I thought after 30 days it would get better...
« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2018, 08:10:28 AM »
I, too, was a 30 year addict to dip, and I have been quit for 34 days.  Much like you. Join our Feb 2019 quit group, then PM to exchange digits. Support is necessary and abundantly available on KTC.

At 34 days I no longer crave dip continuously. I do still crave it after a trigger (like the pizza and beers for dinner last night).  I use mindfulness to identify the craving and “watch” it with curiosity until it passes in a minute or two.  I’m not worried about the single trigger causing me to cave, but I am worried about the day (which will surely come) when multiple triggers collide.  That is when I will reach out to all the BAQs I’ve gotten to know at KTC to get trough it.  You need to build your KTC network now...

Offline campbellmi13

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 10/08/2018
  • Likes Given: 148
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2018, 07:56:44 AM »
Hey Jubs it does not like you joined the February Quit group yet. If you come back please join a group. My has been amazingly helpful to me to reach 61 days quit so far.

Offline RDB

• Quit Spartan
  • Quit Pro
  • Quit Date 1/22/16
  • Likes Given: 4
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2018, 11:48:53 AM »
I am 1,047 days quit, after 24+ years of dipping, and I still feel the effects of it. No, not nearly as much as early in my quit, but the craves are still there.

All I can promise is that it gets better with time, slowly but surely.

Srains is right - you should join your quit group. That is your support. They have all been quit within a month of you, and are all going through the same things you are.

Learn to post roll - that's the cost of admission here.

Offline SRains918

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • January '18 F.U.R.Y. Council
  • Quit Date: 9/29/17 And Every Damn Day Since
  • Likes Given: 2887
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2018, 11:18:02 AM »
I am a 30 + year dipper that quit for good 33 days ago.  I thought that this shit would be out of my body and for the most part, my brain by now.  No such luck for me.  As i type this, my teeth feel like they are going to explode and I still can't hold a thought.  I have been chewing Smokey Mtn. as an alternative, but its like putting tar in my mouth and doens't taste anything like my Grizzly.   Anyway, it all sucks right now.
Jubs - You poisoned yourself for over 30 years. There are consequences to that. Your withdrawals and recovery are going to follow a fairly predictable pattern. You can get an idea of what's coming by following these links:

Knowing what to expect is found here  and   here .

The FIRST thing you should do is join your February Quit group here. Post your promise to stay quit for today with the rest of those BAQ's, and start asking questions to see how the folks at the same stage of quit are dealing with things.

... "If you want to be quit you need the help of others. To stay quit you need to help others quit." - walterwhite .......... My HOF Speech .......... Day One 9/29/17 ... HOF 1/6/18 ... 2nd Floor 4/16/18 ... 3rd Floor 7/25/18 ... 1st Lap 9/28/18 ... 4th Floor 11/2/18 ... 1/2 Comma 2/10/19 ... 6th Floor 5/21/19 ... 7th Floor 8/29/19 ... 2nd Lap 9/29/19 ... 8th Floor 12/7/19 ... Now accepting applications for F.U.R.Y. Council 2.0 - text for details ...

Offline Jubs

• Quitter
  • Interests: Baseball, sports, food, music, and naps.
  • Likes Given: 0
I thought after 30 days it would get better...
« on: December 03, 2018, 09:10:36 AM »
I am a 30 + year dipper that quit for good 33 days ago.  I thought that this shit would be out of my body and for the most part, my brain by now.  No such luck for me.  As i type this, my teeth feel like they are going to explode and I still can't hold a thought.  I have been chewing Smokey Mtn. as an alternative, but its like putting tar in my mouth and doens't taste anything like my Grizzly.   Anyway, it all sucks right now.