Author Topic: I'm Back. I'm Dumb.  (Read 76821 times)

Offline Coach Steve

• Quitting MoFo
  • Interests: Being quit. Staying quit. Pretty much just quitting like fuck.
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: I'm back
« Reply #526 on: January 27, 2016, 11:13:00 PM »
Quote from: pab1964
Quote from: worktowin
Quote from: wastepanel
Do you play Monopoly by house rules or by the official rules?

You should read the official rules sometime if you think you do. The official rules state
If the player lands on an unowned property, he or she may buy it for the price listed on that property's space. If he or she agrees to buy it, he or she pays the Bank the amount shown on the property space and receives the deed for that property. If he or she decides not to buy it, the property is auctioned, and the bidding may start at any price. The highest bidder wins the property and pays the Bank the amount bid and receives the property's title deed. Railroads and utilities are also properties.
Most people don't know that. I never played that way until I was older and now I refuse to play because Monopoly is an evil game that only ends at 3 am with board on the floor and me screaming at my grandma for fucking me over. I've literally been thrown out of the house by my wife for offering my soul for her Park Place.

Many quitters come here to the KTC wanting to play the game of quit. When they're told what the official rules are (posting roll, keeping your word, repeating), most adhere to that basic tenant. It's the house rules of KTC that make us special and make this program effective. We all don't have to quit the same way, but we all need to play by the same rules. That means no nicotine. No excuses are accepted for failure.Don't take hard truths personally and don't make your attacks personal. Lift a brother up when in need. If asked to help, help.

Once you have a basic understanding of how we quit here, you can start positioning yourself to win by using all sorts of strategies. Spreadsheets are not scorecards. They are a list of allies and how reliable they are to your quit. Activity levels increase the awareness of your quit to these allies. Telephone numbers are useful tools, and all players can not be caught without their tools. Before we roll, we look ahead. Most importantly, don't play against the other players. Utilize them. Become a guild and excel together.

Now, do you need to follow the "house rules" to quit nicotine? No. But (statistically) you're working at a disadvantage. You are less likely to quit on your own. You are less likely to quit playing by your "house rules". It's ok to have personal beliefs in this quit, but know that you're not always right. I'm not. But, as a group, we can be right about quit (and that's what holds us all together). Be willing to adapt. Be willing to work with others.

Be willing to quit. Follow through.
I'd fuck you over for Park Place. No contest.

This is a great post wastepanel. Thanks for sharing.

It is consistently shocking to me how many people...

1. "Hi. I'm a new quitter. I've been lurking here for a long time and this site is a great inspiration. Today is my day 1. Wish me luck!" This is their only post... in the intro section. How could you lurk here for a long time and not know the way this place works?
2. Post to 100, or 110 days and then quit. How many of these fucktards have we seen come back to a future group? THOUSANDS. You don't stop posting at 100. Or 1,000. Ridiculous.
3. "I'm gonna quit when..." Ridiculous.
Thanks guys 2 great post, now if you can only get most to buy in on it! Quit on my brothers!
WP still throwing down consistent knowledge. What is this...? 4 years into my quit and WP's posts still giving me quit wood. Follow this man. Quitting like fuck is real and you are capable. Bonus fact: The Glass House of April 2012 brings the daily quit, among other badass groups. I challenge any of you to quit daily with the Glass House. Just don't go into Auburn's room, he only cleans up once a year and Gmann's been squatting lately. Fuck cancer.

'BanDog' 'BanDog' 'BanDog'
Make Your Decision

Offline pab1964

• Family
  • Master of Quit
  • Loving the quit life
  • Interests: God family crappie fishing
  • Likes Given: 85
« Reply #525 on: January 27, 2016, 04:38:00 PM »

You should read the official rules sometime if you think you do. The official rules state
If the player lands on an unowned property, he or she may buy it for the price listed on that property's space. If he or she agrees to buy it, he or she pays the Bank the amount shown on the property space and receives the deed for that property. If he or she decides not to buy it, the property is auctioned, and the bidding may start at any price. The highest bidder wins the property and pays the Bank the amount bid and receives the property's title deed. Railroads and utilities are also properties.
Most people don't know that. I never played that way until I was older and now I refuse to play because Monopoly is an evil game that only ends at 3 am with board on the floor and me screaming at my grandma for fucking me over. I've literally been thrown out of the house by my wife for offering my soul for her Park Place.

Many quitters come here to the KTC wanting to play the game of quit. When they're told what the official rules are (posting roll, keeping your word, repeating), most adhere to that basic tenant. It's the house rules of KTC that make us special and make this program effective. We all don't have to quit the same way, but we all need to play by the same rules. That means no nicotine. No excuses are accepted for failure.Don't take hard truths personally and don't make your attacks personal. Lift a brother up when in need. If asked to help, help.

Once you have a basic understanding of how we quit here, you can start positioning yourself to win by using all sorts of strategies. Spreadsheets are not scorecards. They are a list of allies and how reliable they are to your quit. Activity levels increase the awareness of your quit to these allies. Telephone numbers are useful tools, and all players can not be caught without their tools. Before we roll, we look ahead. Most importantly, don't play against the other players. Utilize them. Become a guild and excel together.

Now, do you need to follow the "house rules" to quit nicotine? No. But (statistically) you're working at a disadvantage. You are less likely to quit on your own. You are less likely to quit playing by your "house rules". It's ok to have personal beliefs in this quit, but know that you're not always right. I'm not. But, as a group, we can be right about quit (and that's what holds us all together). Be willing to adapt. Be willing to work with others.

1. "Hi. I'm a new quitter. I've been lurking here for a long time and this site is a great inspiration. Today is my day 1. Wish me luck!" This is their only post... in the intro section. How could you lurk here for a long time and not know the way this place works?
2. Post to 100, or 110 days and then quit. How many of these fucktards have we seen come back to a future group? THOUSANDS. You don't stop posting at 100. Or 1,000. Ridiculous.
Thanks guys 2 great post, now if you can only get most to buy in on it! Quit on my brothers!
Tobacco is so addictive it took me a year after a massive heart attack, in which doctor confirmed caused from dipping to finally put a lid on the bitch! ODAAT EDD

Offline worktowin

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Interests: GymWorkTravel
  • Likes Given: 106
« Reply #524 on: January 27, 2016, 03:53:00 PM »

Offline wastepanel

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Fuck you guys.
    • Scaretissue.com
  • Likes Given: 21
« Reply #523 on: January 27, 2016, 10:51:00 AM »

In the end I Surrender, I and I alone accept that I have and always will have a Nicotene ADDICTION. It is my choice to quit, but I can't do it alone. I get to go down this path one time, I want to do it right. I recognize that my word, my integrety to you is on the line and is only as good as my actions. Caving is not an option in this plan-Eafman 7/11

I am not cured. I will quit one day at a time. I will continue to do what works. Posting roll everyday. To do otherwise would be foolish on my part. You can do this-Ready 12/11

To overcome your addiction you must comprehend what it means to fail-Razd 3/12

Theres a lot of people that come here, especially vets, that WANT to be reminded that they are addicts.-Tarpon 6/12

Just as a building starts with architectural drawings. Your daily quit begins with a promise.-Scowick 2/13

Here and now, focused on today, minute by minute, whatever it takes, I promise to all my bros and myself not to become a negative stat and stay quit!-krok 1/15

I want everyone to be quit. Even the assholes.-Probe1957 1/18

Ignoring history or erasing history fixes nothing and leads you inevitably down the same path.-69franx 04/30/2021

Offline Candoit

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • The Candy Man
  • Quit Date: Today
  • Likes Given: 121
« Reply #522 on: October 21, 2015, 08:07:00 PM »
There are conditions and rules and restrictions in life that you can't possibly know about, without living in them...
All too often, we are given an outsiders opinion about quitting. At least I was. "Find something else to do", "That's stuff gross. Think about how gross it is.", and "quit for me" seemed to be the most common phrases uttered to me when I told somebody I had quit. Unfortunately, I wanted to punch all of these helpful people in the face for offering their opinions most of the time.

The only exception I usually made was for those that had quit and stayed quit. Of course, I got the usual "You just have to understand that you can only do it on certain instances" as another addict tried to delude me into using recreationally. Honestly, I'm glad he got off torturing himself weekly by not buying a can until Friday and finishing it by Sunday. Knowing what I know about cravings, those weekdays must have been awful and it's no surprise this man was known for his short temper at work.

Yesterday, I took a tour of the Eastern State Penitentiary in Philadelphia, PA. It's a 300 year old prison turned museum now and it's crumbling from the inside out. During the audio tour, we were inundated with many former prisoners' words and recordings. When it opened, prison terms were much shorter than they are today. However, they were much harder on the prisoners. Instead of acclimating a prisoner to prison life, Eastern State made its prisoners' lives miserable. Glimpses of sunlight and old stone walls surrounded everything. Claustrophobia nearly got me a few times in the small cells that prisoners spent a majority of their day in.

One of the prisoner's quotes ("There are conditions and rules and restrictions in life that you can't possibly know about, without living in them...") really hit home with me. While we complain about the "cruel" conditions that existed in the past, there was a method behind the madness. The rise of gangs throughout the modern prison system has made prison life welcoming almost to some individuals. The society that is created because people are there for so long makes it hard for those people to operate outside of prison. Prisons of yesterday attempted to separate the prisoners. One prisoner recounted that if you hit a guard, you would be beaten into solitary confinement. The prisons were meant for punishment...not for residence.

Now, I'm not equating the KTC to a prison. What I do know is that there are conditions and rules and restrictions in quit that you can't possibly know about, without living it. We plan to be quit so that we are quit. We remember so that we don't forget. We do anything to get out of this horrible situation of the first few days so that we can have a new life. There are moments in our life that can break us or build us. Quit can be one of those if you accept that role. This program works. I'm 1570 for 1570 with it.

Quitting isn't easy, but it never has been billed as easy. That's why the charlatans exist peddling miracle cures. That's why the doctors are always looking for a drug solution. Quitting is rough and it should be. If quitting was simple, I wouldn't appreciate it the way I do today. Anything worth having is worth working for.
Another gem from the fountain of quit wisdom.
There are no circumstances in which using nicotine will improve the outcome.

My journey. The best part it is not over yet.

Offline wastepanel

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Fuck you guys.
    • Scaretissue.com
« Reply #521 on: October 07, 2015, 09:52:00 AM »
There are conditions and rules and restrictions in life that you can't possibly know about, without living in them...
All too often, we are given an outsiders opinion about quitting. At least I was. "Find something else to do", "That's stuff gross. Think about how gross it is.", and "quit for me" seemed to be the most common phrases uttered to me when I told somebody I had quit. Unfortunately, I wanted to punch all of these helpful people in the face for offering their opinions most of the time.

The only exception I usually made was for those that had quit and stayed quit. Of course, I got the usual "You just have to understand that you can only do it on certain instances" as another addict tried to delude me into using recreationally. Honestly, I'm glad he got off torturing himself weekly by not buying a can until Friday and finishing it by Sunday. Knowing what I know about cravings, those weekdays must have been awful and it's no surprise this man was known for his short temper at work.

Yesterday, I took a tour of the Eastern State Penitentiary in Philadelphia, PA. It's a 300 year old prison turned museum now and it's crumbling from the inside out. During the audio tour, we were inundated with many former prisoners' words and recordings. When it opened, prison terms were much shorter than they are today. However, they were much harder on the prisoners. Instead of acclimating a prisoner to prison life, Eastern State made its prisoners' lives miserable. Glimpses of sunlight and old stone walls surrounded everything. Claustrophobia nearly got me a few times in the small cells that prisoners spent a majority of their day in.

One of the prisoner's quotes ("There are conditions and rules and restrictions in life that you can't possibly know about, without living in them...") really hit home with me. While we complain about the "cruel" conditions that existed in the past, there was a method behind the madness. The rise of gangs throughout the modern prison system has made prison life welcoming almost to some individuals. The society that is created because people are there for so long makes it hard for those people to operate outside of prison. Prisons of yesterday attempted to separate the prisoners. One prisoner recounted that if you hit a guard, you would be beaten into solitary confinement. The prisons were meant for punishment...not for residence.

Now, I'm not equating the KTC to a prison. What I do know is that there are conditions and rules and restrictions in quit that you can't possibly know about, without living it. We plan to be quit so that we are quit. We remember so that we don't forget. We do anything to get out of this horrible situation of the first few days so that we can have a new life. There are moments in our life that can break us or build us. Quit can be one of those if you accept that role. This program works. I'm 1570 for 1570 with it.

Quitting isn't easy, but it never has been billed as easy. That's why the charlatans exist peddling miracle cures. That's why the doctors are always looking for a drug solution. Quitting is rough and it should be. If quitting was simple, I wouldn't appreciate it the way I do today. Anything worth having is worth working for.
In the end I Surrender, I and I alone accept that I have and always will have a Nicotene ADDICTION. It is my choice to quit, but I can't do it alone. I get to go down this path one time, I want to do it right. I recognize that my word, my integrety to you is on the line and is only as good as my actions. Caving is not an option in this plan-Eafman 7/11

I am not cured. I will quit one day at a time. I will continue to do what works. Posting roll everyday. To do otherwise would be foolish on my part. You can do this-Ready 12/11

Theres a lot of people that come here, especially vets, that WANT to be reminded that they are addicts.-Tarpon 6/12

Just as a building starts with architectural drawings. Your daily quit begins with a promise.-Scowick 2/13

Here and now, focused on today, minute by minute, whatever it takes, I promise to all my bros and myself not to become a negative stat and stay quit!-krok 1/15

Ignoring history or erasing history fixes nothing and leads you inevitably down the same path.-69franx 04/30/2021

Offline KingNothing

• Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: 2015-07-10
« Reply #520 on: August 07, 2015, 11:31:00 AM »
Quote from: Idaho
Quote from: Pinched
Quote from: ChickDip
Quote from: Its_Got2Happen
So ever since the PA get together last month, it's bugged me that I've gained a lot of weight back. I started my quit journey the size I am now. In between, I've lost and then gained 50 pounds. Sigh. As my health is starting to become funny now apparently, I decided to just bite the bullet and get back into shape.

Now, I'm not generally an unhealthy guy. I don't eat too badly. I drink more than I should. My biggest issue is how much I eat. On days when I'm starving....wow. On days when I've been watchful, the kids leave wasted food on their plates or some stupid reason like that. I've been watching what I've eaten now for the last week and already dropped 3 pounds from that simple task.

I've also started walking again. When I'm strong enough, I'll run. I'm not there yet (but my muscle memory is). I did countless 5ks, a couple half marathons, and full marathon since quitting in 2011. I should be running in 2 weeks under my schedule. The dog is enjoying this new active me and chases me down in the morning when I'm making my way out the door.

Today, the walk felt good. I was in the zone and ran a quarter mile at the end because it felt so good. It's not much...but it's a start again. Jack, however, was not having as much fun. He kept stopping to pee, poo, or just see what pee or pooed at each mailbox. It was kind of frustrating as every time I pushed the pace, he pulled it right down. Jack is a 10 year old beagle, and his legs and back just aren't what they once were.

Of course I'm using some feature on my phone that coaches me up to my desired speeds. Every time he stopped us, that bitch told me to speed up. Every time she said "Good pace", I found the leash trailing behind my left hand again.

It was when I was pulling my dog by his leash and was being pushed by a computer voice in my ears that I started thinking about my quit. I'm 2 days from 1500 days: a comma and a half (I could stack the the period on top of the comma and call it a semicolon I suppose). This has been one hell of a journey and it thrills me to be centered. My life is no longer dictated by a stupid weed. It's just my life....and quit is part of that. I'm no longer living life and quitting. The two are one in the same.

There is an ebb and flow to this board. It's louder sometimes than others. It can be a mean, cold place sometimes...or at least seems that way. Yeah...we always get into tons of conversations about "tone" but, honestly, there is a perception that can make a simple statement hostile. For example, I hate that bitch on my running app but she has no emotion. She's not saying mean things to put me down. She is part of a program designed to make move better and faster. But, when the sweat is flowing and emotions are high, she's a fucking bitch.

At the same time, I need to be mindful of the dog I'm pulling along. His natural instinct is to sniff everything and investigate these smells. As he's spent 10 years jumping straight up, he's pumped to walk but his body just can't take the abuse it once did. He still is walking happily along however and giving it all he's got. I need to watch my words with him. And it's not for his sake....it's for mine. I'm not from the Michael Vick dog training school.

The great thing about this board is there isn't one person here who is above being pulled forward every day by its power. In return, make sure our brothers stay up with us. Quitting isn't natural at first, but it does become so. Yes, I'm living the quit life BUT I CAN NEVER STOP LIVING THAT LIFE. I came back here 1498 days ago thinking I couldn't be quit and happy. I was wrong, and I will never forget that again.

I promise.
Great post waste panel as always. You are a rock of quit. Thank you for being here and congrats on 1500. I too thought I could not be both quit and happy. Fellows like you showed me that I was wrong
^^ryan speaks the truth.

Guys like you are the reason guys like Ryan and me made it to where we are. You paid it forward. Your 1,500 made a lot of other milestones possible. Congratulations and thank you.
congrats on your 1500 days!!
Congrats on 1,500 days quit, that is no small feat and with the weight fluctuation thing...well at least there is more of you for all of us to love right now. Thank you for being a pillar of quit around here.
Congratulations wp on 1500 or ; Always a pleasure to read your post. Continue on the road of freedom and remember if nobody else loves you sounds like the olé dog does! Quit on!
1500! solid work waste
Congrats on 1,500 WP. Thank you for all the quit wisdom in here and the help you dish to the newbies. QLF with you today.
"Fuck nicotine dude. You don't need it. And you don't want it. It didn't do a thing for you and you know it." - worktowin
"today you dissided that shit wont control your life. and it wont. unless you let it." - drome
"Not thinking about nicotine is for people who've never used nicotine. We threw that option away with the first dip or drag on a cigarette. We are addicts, and cannot become un-addicted." - wildirish317
"You need to decide how much you really want to be quit." - pky1520
We are always at risk. And probably always will be. That is why I will never get "too quit" to post my +1. Every. Damn. Day. - geis2597

Intro
Freedom Tastes So Good

Quit: 7/10/15, HOF: 10/17/15, 2nd Floor: 1/25/16, 3rd Floor: 5/4/16, 1 year: 7/10/16 4th Floor: 8/12/16, 5th Floor: 11/20/16, 6th Floor: 2/28/17, 7th Floor: 6/8/17, 2 years: 7/10/17, 8th Floor: 9/16/17, 9th Floor: 12/25/17, Comma: 4/4/18, 3 years: 7/10/18, 11th Floor: 7/13/18

Offline Idaho Spuds

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: August 18, 2014
  • Interests: Family, Soccer, fishing, hunting, camping
  • Likes Given: 71
« Reply #519 on: August 07, 2015, 11:29:00 AM »
So ever since the PA get together last month, it's bugged me that I've gained a lot of weight back. I started my quit journey the size I am now. In between, I've lost and then gained 50 pounds. Sigh. As my health is starting to become funny now apparently, I decided to just bite the bullet and get back into shape.

Now, I'm not generally an unhealthy guy. I don't eat too badly. I drink more than I should. My biggest issue is how much I eat. On days when I'm starving....wow. On days when I've been watchful, the kids leave wasted food on their plates or some stupid reason like that. I've been watching what I've eaten now for the last week and already dropped 3 pounds from that simple task.

I've also started walking again. When I'm strong enough, I'll run. I'm not there yet (but my muscle memory is). I did countless 5ks, a couple half marathons, and full marathon since quitting in 2011. I should be running in 2 weeks under my schedule. The dog is enjoying this new active me and chases me down in the morning when I'm making my way out the door.

Today, the walk felt good. I was in the zone and ran a quarter mile at the end because it felt so good. It's not much...but it's a start again. Jack, however, was not having as much fun. He kept stopping to pee, poo, or just see what pee or pooed at each mailbox. It was kind of frustrating as every time I pushed the pace, he pulled it right down. Jack is a 10 year old beagle, and his legs and back just aren't what they once were.

Of course I'm using some feature on my phone that coaches me up to my desired speeds. Every time he stopped us, that bitch told me to speed up. Every time she said "Good pace", I found the leash trailing behind my left hand again.

It was when I was pulling my dog by his leash and was being pushed by a computer voice in my ears that I started thinking about my quit. I'm 2 days from 1500 days: a comma and a half (I could stack the the period on top of the comma and call it a semicolon I suppose). This has been one hell of a journey and it thrills me to be centered. My life is no longer dictated by a stupid weed. It's just my life....and quit is part of that. I'm no longer living life and quitting. The two are one in the same.

There is an ebb and flow to this board. It's louder sometimes than others. It can be a mean, cold place sometimes...or at least seems that way. Yeah...we always get into tons of conversations about "tone" but, honestly, there is a perception that can make a simple statement hostile. For example, I hate that bitch on my running app but she has no emotion. She's not saying mean things to put me down. She is part of a program designed to make move better and faster. But, when the sweat is flowing and emotions are high, she's a fucking bitch.

At the same time, I need to be mindful of the dog I'm pulling along. His natural instinct is to sniff everything and investigate these smells. As he's spent 10 years jumping straight up, he's pumped to walk but his body just can't take the abuse it once did. He still is walking happily along however and giving it all he's got. I need to watch my words with him. And it's not for his sake....it's for mine. I'm not from the Michael Vick dog training school.

The great thing about this board is there isn't one person here who is above being pulled forward every day by its power. In return, make sure our brothers stay up with us. Quitting isn't natural at first, but it does become so. Yes, I'm living the quit life BUT I CAN NEVER STOP LIVING THAT LIFE. I came back here 1498 days ago thinking I couldn't be quit and happy. I was wrong, and I will never forget that again.

I promise.
Great post waste panel as always. You are a rock of quit. Thank you for being here and congrats on 1500. I too thought I could not be both quit and happy. Fellows like you showed me that I was wrong
^^ryan speaks the truth.

Guys like you are the reason guys like Ryan and me made it to where we are. You paid it forward. Your 1,500 made a lot of other milestones possible. Congratulations and thank you.
Congrats on 1,500 days quit, that is no small feat and with the weight fluctuation thing...well at least there is more of you for all of us to love right now. Thank you for being a pillar of quit around here.
Congratulations wp on 1500 or ; Always a pleasure to read your post. Continue on the road of freedom and remember if nobody else loves you sounds like the olé dog does! Quit on!
1500! solid work waste

Offline pab1964

• Family
  • Master of Quit
  • Loving the quit life
  • Interests: God family crappie fishing
  • Likes Given: 85
« Reply #518 on: August 07, 2015, 11:06:00 AM »

I promise.
^^ryan speaks the truth.

Tobacco is so addictive it took me a year after a massive heart attack, in which doctor confirmed caused from dipping to finally put a lid on the bitch! ODAAT EDD

Offline Pinched

• Quit King
  • Interests: Baseball, Hunting, Trucks, Diesels, Scouting,
« Reply #517 on: August 07, 2015, 09:42:00 AM »

I promise.
^^ryan speaks the truth.

"If you want to quit then stop talking and just QUIT. If you want to kill yourself a bullet is cheaper and faster than a tin, plus it eliminates my hearing you whine and cry like a bitch."

Best thing I have read on KTC...Submitted by tgafish on 7/3/14

Former Skoal Straight and Cope Longcut user that started at the age of 12. QUIT on 7/15/13

Offline ChickDip

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • July 2015 Jackals
    • HOF speech
  • Quit Date: 3/30/2015
  • Interests: (July2015 Quit Group) ((7-07-2015 100 days)) ....Quit Day March 30.... Fish Slaying, Hunting, Camping, Hiking, Mtn Biking, Cooking, Sammich-making, Poker, movies, watching Pro Baseball, anything outdoors
  • Likes Given: 2035
« Reply #516 on: August 06, 2015, 03:27:00 PM »

I promise.
^^ryan speaks the truth.

July 2015 Jackals - House of WUPP
"....the load doesn't weigh me down at all, he ain't heavy he's my brother"
Try to believe that you are worth more than you think, and others are worth more than you think.
"If you haven't... Quit now......If you have... Stay that way " ~AppleJack
"Make It Through Today" WarE2013 (Rest Easy)
"I am quit... for today... with you... but not FOR you" ~LBP
"Endeavor to Persevere!" Lone Waite

my intro / my HOF speech / my comma club
Building a Strong Quit / My HOF Day

Offline worktowin

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Interests: GymWorkTravel
  • Likes Given: 106
« Reply #515 on: August 05, 2015, 10:10:00 PM »

I promise.
^^ryan speaks the truth.

Offline Its_Got2Happen

• Quitter
  • Interests: Staying Quit!!
« Reply #514 on: August 05, 2015, 09:03:00 PM »

I promise.

Offline wastepanel

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Fuck you guys.
    • Scaretissue.com
« Reply #513 on: August 05, 2015, 05:20:00 PM »

I promise.

Offline wastepanel

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Fuck you guys.
    • Scaretissue.com
« Reply #512 on: June 30, 2015, 10:44:00 AM »
4 years.

Wow.

I never imagined that I would be here when I started. I never imagined that I'd have over 100 numbers in my phone that I could contact if I was in trouble or just wanted to reach out to. I never imagined that people would look up to me just for NOT doing something. I've represented the KTC at a conference in Montana. I've spread the word of this place to anybody that wanted to be free. I never imagined myself doing any of these things.

When I quit in 2011, I focused on the moment. It was a fucking fight. It was about this time 4 years ago that my buddy went into the hospital with pneumonia. He was an alcoholic, and withdrawals hit him as he slipped into a coma. He never woke up. I stood with my friends. We supported each other. I stayed quit.

I used every ounce of my strength to stay quit those first few weeks. It was exhausting, and strange. My wife still didn't understand all these changes I was making, and she did not really want them to effect her life at all (besides getting rid of the chewing tobacco). She didn't and doesn't quite understand the nature of this beast: She's never been addicted to anything in her life. Her idea is just to stop doing it with no after thoughts.

I began walking when I quit to kill the craves. That became too relaxing so I began running. I trained for a half marathon (my second) and completed it easily. I began training for a full marathon until my leg blew up on me and had to get surgery. After rehabbing, I ran the full and a couple more halves. I started this journey unable to run with my kids in the backyard without seeing spots. I've lost weight. I've gained weight.

I am not the same person I was when I came here. There's a line in a song that says "It's not supposed to be easy. It's why it feels so fucking good". There are times when this quit has been difficult. There are times when it's as easy as posting roll and enjoying my life. I can never forget again. But, and I can say this with certainty, I am not doing this alone. I've had friends along the way with me this entire time. They help me. They support me. They look up to me. I'm not just a member of October 2011. I'm a member of the KTC.

If you are quit, post up. Enjoy your quit when you can. Lean when you can't. Don't ever let those initial battles go: They weren't easy. That's why they felt so good when we won them. Don't ever close your mind off to others. If we could do this on our own, we would (and I just can't quit that way. I've failed many times that way.). I'm here to quit. I'm willing to do anything to stay quit. You should too.

If you aren't quit, there's a lot of bullshit that comes with quitting. You can't imagine where this journey will take you. Sometimes it's good. Sometimes, there are tears. Don't worry about what's to come. If it wasn't easy, it wouldn't feel so fucking good. Focus on the moment. Don't get caught in forever. Don't get too big for your britches. We all have the potential to fail. Quitters find a way to quit.

4 fucking years.

Wow.