Author Topic: I'm Back. I'm Dumb.  (Read 84256 times)

Offline gb321

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2015-09-12
  • Interests: Quitting nicotineBaseballHockeyFootballGirls
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: I'm back
« Reply #511 on: June 28, 2015, 08:34:00 PM »
Good job dude. Respect for you. Keep it up

Offline pab1964

• Family
  • Master of Quit
  • Loving the quit life
  • Interests: God family crappie fishing
  • Likes Given: 85
« Reply #510 on: June 28, 2015, 09:29:00 AM »
Quote from: traumagnet
4 years of Badassadry WP congrats, thanks for always being there for everyone keep up the strong work enjoy your day!
Congratulations on 4 years, that's badass! Go out enjoy a steak on me! Checks in the mail.
Tobacco is so addictive it took me a year after a massive heart attack, in which doctor confirmed caused from dipping to finally put a lid on the bitch! ODAAT EDD

Offline traumagnet

• Eternal Quitters
  • Quit Pro
« Reply #509 on: June 28, 2015, 06:52:00 AM »
4 years of Badassadry WP congrats, thanks for always being there for everyone keep up the strong work enjoy your day!
Complacency sucks, one moment of it is the difference between being a user and a quitter....OIB

"Lean into the fall my friends, life can be amazing without nicotine. It's just a matter of choice." sM

"Endeavor to persevere."Chief Dan George "The Outlaw Josey Wales".

MY HOF speech

Offline pab1964

• Family
  • Master of Quit
  • Loving the quit life
  • Interests: God family crappie fishing
  • Likes Given: 85
« Reply #508 on: May 29, 2015, 04:35:00 PM »
Interesting WP. I think I'm picking up what your laying down. Thanks for your support in April 2015 and thanks for trying to get bk to chill.
Tobacco is so addictive it took me a year after a massive heart attack, in which doctor confirmed caused from dipping to finally put a lid on the bitch! ODAAT EDD

Offline wastepanel

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Fuck you guys.
    • Scaretissue.com
  • Likes Given: 21
« Reply #507 on: May 29, 2015, 11:14:00 AM »
Allen Iverson was one of the most prolific scorers in NBA history. His points per game average (26.7) was sixth all time, and there was only one other person that had a better playoff scoring percentage (Michael Jordan). He showed up. He played hard. He was on bad ass scorer.

But, unfortunately, his career can best be summed up in this famous rant.

Allen Iverson was pretty badass, but he only went to one NBA finals. That was the year after the 76ers actively tried to trade his ass after some very public fights with his then coach and the general discontent he caused with the team. They eventually traded him to Detroit, but due to an injury to one of the players being swapped, the deal was nixed. Dude lit it up then, and the 76ers went to the finals (lost to the Lakers). But it was Iverson's only real look at a championship, and 2001 was his peak.

In 2002, he famously "I'm supposed to be the franchise player and we're sitting here talking about practice..." and "I know I'm supposed to be there. I know I"m supposed to lead by example...How the hell can I make my teammates better by practice?".

How the hell can I make my teammates better through practice?
In the end I Surrender, I and I alone accept that I have and always will have a Nicotene ADDICTION. It is my choice to quit, but I can't do it alone. I get to go down this path one time, I want to do it right. I recognize that my word, my integrety to you is on the line and is only as good as my actions. Caving is not an option in this plan-Eafman 7/11

I am not cured. I will quit one day at a time. I will continue to do what works. Posting roll everyday. To do otherwise would be foolish on my part. You can do this-Ready 12/11

To overcome your addiction you must comprehend what it means to fail-Razd 3/12

Theres a lot of people that come here, especially vets, that WANT to be reminded that they are addicts.-Tarpon 6/12

Just as a building starts with architectural drawings. Your daily quit begins with a promise.-Scowick 2/13

Here and now, focused on today, minute by minute, whatever it takes, I promise to all my bros and myself not to become a negative stat and stay quit!-krok 1/15

I want everyone to be quit. Even the assholes.-Probe1957 1/18

Ignoring history or erasing history fixes nothing and leads you inevitably down the same path.-69franx 04/30/2021

Offline Its_Got2Happen

• Quitter
  • Interests: Staying Quit!!
« Reply #506 on: March 14, 2015, 11:49:00 AM »
Quote from: wastepanel
If I offered you $100,000 to jump out of an airplane without a parachute, would you do it? I bet you said no! But, what if I told you that the plane was on the ground? Moral of the story: Know all the facts before you open your mouth.
Love seeing these new quitters learn to become seasoned quitters. Quitting isn't a difficult mindset once you grasp it. Sometimes it is not easy, but it is always possible. There are no excuses to using again, and once we embrace that idea...Quit just got real. Ask questions. Know you don't have all the answers.

It's amazing to me how many times new quitters come here thinking that being quit is just a decision. If it were that easy, then this board wouldn't be necessary. No. We have to own our actions and we have to pursue being quit. We have to wake up each morning and say: I am QUIT. Sometimes, we have to add a "damnit" to that just to give it a proper flavor, but the statement is same nonetheless. We have to know what we'll do in every situation presented to us. Our first line of defense is ourselves. We promise ourselves that we will stay quit and that we will use the tools we learned here to achieve that. We put our faith in the brotherhood and community to back us up if we start to slip.

We're 23,000 members strong now. We're the most active, dedicated board devoted to quitting this evil weed on the internet. We grow stronger every day.

There are no excuses to use again.
There are no excuses to not use the tools provided here.

This place works because we're quit first and everything else second. I could care less how I'm perceived; I am not a persona. I'm a quitter damnit. That's what gets me on occasion: All too often, I see newer quitters more worried about how they are perceived. My advice is simple: Be you. YOU carry this quit around and you're not always on this board. Fit quit into your life and the rest will take care of itself. I'm not here to fuck around. I'm here to quit. I'm not going to be serious all the time (just like I shouldn't be angry or cracking jokes all the time), but I will never let anything come before my quit or helping another person here.

Recently, I saw a double comma quitter talking about a funk he was going through. It kind of threw me for a loop: 2000 days is phenomenal work. But, the message it brought home to me was that I will never be cured. It's a message that most new quitters don't realize, and many vet members forget. It sounds scarier than it is, however, as I have had waaaaaaaaay more good days then bad in this quit. Am I cured on my good days? Nope. Do I have all the answers in this quit? Nope. I can feel strong in those good days, but I can't ever be too strong to think I'm cured again. I've been there, and it leads back to the can.

The moral of the story is that (as a new quitter) know that you will never be cured. However, the good so outweighs the bad that the threat becomes minimal with time and attitude.

Damn good stuff WP, was just discussing this same concept with my text group yesterday. Day 2, day 20, day 2000. Never cured, only healing. And so it goes with addiction. Thanks for all you do buddy. Keep killing it. And keep posting little keep this little quit proverbs for us every now and then.

Offline wastepanel

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Fuck you guys.
    • Scaretissue.com
« Reply #505 on: March 12, 2015, 10:36:00 AM »
If I offered you $100,000 to jump out of an airplane without a parachute, would you do it? I bet you said no! But, what if I told you that the plane was on the ground? Moral of the story: Know all the facts before you open your mouth.
Love seeing these new quitters learn to become seasoned quitters. Quitting isn't a difficult mindset once you grasp it. Sometimes it is not easy, but it is always possible. There are no excuses to using again, and once we embrace that idea...Quit just got real. Ask questions. Know you don't have all the answers.

It's amazing to me how many times new quitters come here thinking that being quit is just a decision. If it were that easy, then this board wouldn't be necessary. No. We have to own our actions and we have to pursue being quit. We have to wake up each morning and say: I am QUIT. Sometimes, we have to add a "damnit" to that just to give it a proper flavor, but the statement is same nonetheless. We have to know what we'll do in every situation presented to us. Our first line of defense is ourselves. We promise ourselves that we will stay quit and that we will use the tools we learned here to achieve that. We put our faith in the brotherhood and community to back us up if we start to slip.

We're 23,000 members strong now. We're the most active, dedicated board devoted to quitting this evil weed on the internet. We grow stronger every day.

There are no excuses to use again.
There are no excuses to not use the tools provided here.

This place works because we're quit first and everything else second. I could care less how I'm perceived; I am not a persona. I'm a quitter damnit. That's what gets me on occasion: All too often, I see newer quitters more worried about how they are perceived. My advice is simple: Be you. YOU carry this quit around and you're not always on this board. Fit quit into your life and the rest will take care of itself. I'm not here to fuck around. I'm here to quit. I'm not going to be serious all the time (just like I shouldn't be angry or cracking jokes all the time), but I will never let anything come before my quit or helping another person here.

Recently, I saw a double comma quitter talking about a funk he was going through. It kind of threw me for a loop: 2000 days is phenomenal work. But, the message it brought home to me was that I will never be cured. It's a message that most new quitters don't realize, and many vet members forget. It sounds scarier than it is, however, as I have had waaaaaaaaay more good days then bad in this quit. Am I cured on my good days? Nope. Do I have all the answers in this quit? Nope. I can feel strong in those good days, but I can't ever be too strong to think I'm cured again. I've been there, and it leads back to the can.

The moral of the story is that (as a new quitter) know that you will never be cured. However, the good so outweighs the bad that the threat becomes minimal with time and attitude.
In the end I Surrender, I and I alone accept that I have and always will have a Nicotene ADDICTION. It is my choice to quit, but I can't do it alone. I get to go down this path one time, I want to do it right. I recognize that my word, my integrety to you is on the line and is only as good as my actions. Caving is not an option in this plan-Eafman 7/11

I am not cured. I will quit one day at a time. I will continue to do what works. Posting roll everyday. To do otherwise would be foolish on my part. You can do this-Ready 12/11

Theres a lot of people that come here, especially vets, that WANT to be reminded that they are addicts.-Tarpon 6/12

Just as a building starts with architectural drawings. Your daily quit begins with a promise.-Scowick 2/13

Here and now, focused on today, minute by minute, whatever it takes, I promise to all my bros and myself not to become a negative stat and stay quit!-krok 1/15

Ignoring history or erasing history fixes nothing and leads you inevitably down the same path.-69franx 04/30/2021

Offline 30isEnuff

• Quitter
  • Keeping my jaw and tongue, I like them.
    • I'm The Owner of this Place.
  • Quit Date: May 25, 2012
  • Interests: "Being Quit" Today, just Today.Moving on to more of life before the light is gone.
  • Likes Given: 12
« Reply #504 on: February 28, 2015, 05:33:00 PM »
Quote from: Dagranger
Quote from: worktowin
Quote from: Luby
Quote from: D2maine
Quote from: AppleJack
Staying quit is something I'll have to work at the rest of my life.
So, here are my Post-HOF promises: 1) I will continue to post roll because it fucking works, 2) I will always try to post when I have something useful/important to share with you awesome folks, 3) I will always strive to help others with their quits, and lastlyÂ…
But I am going to continue to post because it helps me.
Look at those that are here that are past their 100 day mark. Do you think they magically forgot they were addicted to tobacco? Do you think they could pick up a can of Skoal/Copenhagen/etc. and use it at their leisure? Nope. And neither can I. And neither can you.
I've been busy lately and feel like I'm going to bust. I'm stretching myself too thin for everybody, and really just need to concentrate on one thing right now. However, I needed to do some reading today. I spent the afternoon looking at old posts from my friends here. There's a lot of bad ass knowledge tossed around here, and these quotes above me are perfect examples of that.

Or are they?

I can't take credit for the first 3, but I can the last. It came from my Hall of Fame speech in 2006. If any of you know anything about me, you know that I caved in 2009. I came back here with my tail between my legs in 2011 and not remembering a damn thing I learned the first time around. Truthfully, I completely believed that I couldn't be happy without that fucking poisonous weed. But look at me now...day 1335. I'm not taking chances. Happy to be quit.

Those other 3 quotes are from returning members as well, and none of them are currently posting with us even now. It's not even like failure is unfamiliar here. These aren't the only 3 "badasses" that forgot everything they learned and failed. Look around because the sanctimonious tone of this place is unbearable to me right now.

There was a time (when I was around 200-300 days) when I posted daily to the May 2011 three ballers. On occasion, Larry Drummer would want to get me all riled up and said he wasn't posting tomorrow. I'd type some shit out and look for his name the next day. He'd quietly post roll and not even acknowledge his previous day's post. If he did, he'd say "I changed my mind". For the longest time, he would get me regularly with that.

Now, as I look around at the boards, I see some very appalling ideas. They're not new, but I do believe that many quitters feel like their shit don't stink. I see the same "I don't need to post here" that I used to see coming from that "difficult" individual (you know...the one that didn't get it) coming from somebody that I thought once did get it. It throws me for a loop.

I'm glad that everybody here is quit, but if you think for one second that you are above failure and forgetting, you're wrong.

If you think you are quit completely and always will be, you're wrong.

If you think that you can walk away from "regular posting" while pretending to spout KTC knowledge, you're wrong.

Look, there are and were times when I needed this board a lot. There are times that I don't. I post roll, and I go about my day. But, there are other jaw swollen days where my kids are screaming and I need to let go on here, that I do. It's not shameful to live your life, but fucking ground yourself. My second attempt at a HOF speech was a little more understanding of the battle I was facing: It was a retelling of the story of Icarus. I can never fly too high again, and I can never go to low.

Now, I purposely put this out in my introduction so that you can read it without being registered. You will because I know failure begins where you are going. Quitting is not a decision. It's a series of actions after making a decision. I choose to be quit, and I choose to pursue being quit.

I'm sorry being quit was such a burden.
Bravo
well said WP!
As always great stuff, thanks for everything you do, proud to quit with you today.
It takes less than a minute a day to give my word to those of you that helped me save my life. I owe you that.

Thank you sir
I quit one way. And I'm staying quit the same way. Thanks for the reminder.
Remembering my Day 1 with WastePanel.
Always here, always willing to help. Appreciate you being here.
Keeping my jaw and tongue...I like them.
It's poison I tell ya, You wouldn't drink Liquid Drano, would ya?

Offline Dagranger

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 06-27-2013
  • Interests: I used to like playing any sport. Now I like coaching any sport. Hiking, camping, biking. I work out a lot but I hate it.
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #503 on: February 25, 2015, 11:17:00 PM »
Quote from: worktowin
So, here are my Post-HOF promises: 1) I will continue to post roll because it fucking works, 2) I will always try to post when I have something useful/important to share with you awesome folks, 3) I will always strive to help others with their quits, and lastlyÂ…
Look at those that are here that are past their 100 day mark. Do you think they magically forgot they were addicted to tobacco? Do you think they could pick up a can of Skoal/Copenhagen/etc. and use it at their leisure? Nope. And neither can I. And neither can you.
I've been busy lately and feel like I'm going to bust. I'm stretching myself too thin for everybody, and really just need to concentrate on one thing right now. However, I needed to do some reading today. I spent the afternoon looking at old posts from my friends here. There's a lot of bad ass knowledge tossed around here, and these quotes above me are perfect examples of that.

Or are they?

I can't take credit for the first 3, but I can the last. It came from my Hall of Fame speech in 2006. If any of you know anything about me, you know that I caved in 2009. I came back here with my tail between my legs in 2011 and not remembering a damn thing I learned the first time around. Truthfully, I completely believed that I couldn't be happy without that fucking poisonous weed. But look at me now...day 1335. I'm not taking chances. Happy to be quit.

Those other 3 quotes are from returning members as well, and none of them are currently posting with us even now. It's not even like failure is unfamiliar here. These aren't the only 3 "badasses" that forgot everything they learned and failed. Look around because the sanctimonious tone of this place is unbearable to me right now.

There was a time (when I was around 200-300 days) when I posted daily to the May 2011 three ballers. On occasion, Larry Drummer would want to get me all riled up and said he wasn't posting tomorrow. I'd type some shit out and look for his name the next day. He'd quietly post roll and not even acknowledge his previous day's post. If he did, he'd say "I changed my mind". For the longest time, he would get me regularly with that.

Now, as I look around at the boards, I see some very appalling ideas. They're not new, but I do believe that many quitters feel like their shit don't stink. I see the same "I don't need to post here" that I used to see coming from that "difficult" individual (you know...the one that didn't get it) coming from somebody that I thought once did get it. It throws me for a loop.

I'm glad that everybody here is quit, but if you think for one second that you are above failure and forgetting, you're wrong.

If you think that you can walk away from "regular posting" while pretending to spout KTC knowledge, you're wrong.

Look, there are and were times when I needed this board a lot. There are times that I don't. I post roll, and I go about my day. But, there are other jaw swollen days where my kids are screaming and I need to let go on here, that I do. It's not shameful to live your life, but fucking ground yourself. My second attempt at a HOF speech was a little more understanding of the battle I was facing: It was a retelling of the story of Icarus. I can never fly too high again, and I can never go to low.

Now, I purposely put this out in my introduction so that you can read it without being registered. You will because I know failure begins where you are going. Quitting is not a decision. It's a series of actions after making a decision. I choose to be quit, and I choose to pursue being quit.

Bravo
well said WP!
As always great stuff, thanks for everything you do, proud to quit with you today.
It takes less than a minute a day to give my word to those of you that helped me save my life. I owe you that.

Thank you sir
I quit one way. And I'm staying quit the same way. Thanks for the reminder.

Offline worktowin

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Interests: GymWorkTravel
  • Likes Given: 106
« Reply #502 on: February 25, 2015, 01:14:00 PM »

Or are they?

Bravo
well said WP!

Thank you sir

Offline luby

• Quitting MoFo
  • Likes Given: 24
« Reply #501 on: February 25, 2015, 12:36:00 PM »

Or are they?

Bravo
well said WP!

Offline D2maine

• Quitting MoFo
  • Quit Date: quit 2-19-2012!
  • Likes Given: 95
« Reply #500 on: February 25, 2015, 05:43:00 AM »

Or are they?

Bravo
well said WP!

Offline AppleJack

• Rockin’ in the free world...
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: April 17, 2013
  • Likes Given: 106
« Reply #499 on: February 25, 2015, 01:12:00 AM »

Or are they?

Bravo
Well, it’s one louder, isn’t it? It’s not ten.

Offline wastepanel

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Fuck you guys.
    • Scaretissue.com
« Reply #498 on: February 24, 2015, 05:17:00 PM »

Or are they?

Offline Scowick65

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Likes Given: 11
« Reply #497 on: January 21, 2015, 11:53:00 AM »
Quote from: candoit
Waste I know I am a day late on this but congratulations on 1300 days quit. br /br /Thank you for what you have done and continue to do for all of us here at KTC, I know that I would not be at this point if it was not for your support.br /br /Watching Bones the other night I heard this quote: "ThatÂ’s the burden. Like wings, they have weight. We feel that weight on our backs, but they are a burden that lifts us. Burdens that allow us to fly." br /br /I have been thinking of how the post hall of fame funk, and the trouble it is to post everyday, help others, and leave a place better than you found it. Yes it is a burden to be quit, it is a burden to post every damn day, it is a burden to spend time here paying it forward. But these burdens are good, I will gladly carry the burden that quitting brings, because embracing the quit like you have shown me how to fly. br /br /I am proud to share the burden of quit with you.
Thanks for everything Scott