Author Topic: at day 74 having issues big time need help  (Read 952 times)

Offline OldSarge

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: at day 74 having issues big time need help
« Reply #19 on: April 21, 2013, 08:07:00 PM »
Quote from: stressed
More about me while I wait for some words of wisdom. At least I hope to get some inspirational words. I started dipping when I was 14 and I am 35 now. This is my second attempt to quit in the last 5 years. Thinking back this is where I lost it last time. I took my family out last night with another couple we know to play pool etc. I didn't know the man in the couple was a dipper. He pulled out his can in front of me and I smelled it, not intentionally. It has been really stressful ever since.
My story is much the same. Started when I was 12 im 52 now I quit in 97 for 10 months and blamed re-starting to dip on the guys who i worked with. The truth is I failed there is only one person to blame and that is me.

This time I will not fail and I will stay quit. When you start looking for reasons to not quit you are failing yourself. Do not talk yourself into not quiting, tell the bitch to eat shit and die!! Stay the course don't cave.

Offline Its_Got2Happen

• Quitter
  • Interests: Staying Quit!!
« Reply #18 on: April 21, 2013, 04:07:00 PM »
Quote from: Zam
Quote from: Bruce
This is complete bullshit. Dip does nothing positive. I don't care if you use chantex or hooch or cat turds just no nicotine. I suggest you spend the rest of the weekend doing nothing but reading words of wisdom and HOF speeches. Make up your mind if you really want to quit. If not don't waste people's time. If you do want to, Post roll and prove your integrity.
That was a little rough but another approach of reverse psychology effect of addiction. I appreciate your different style. I made it through it guys. I feel better for it. I was having too much of a fit yesterday to even try to join a group. I will follow through now.

I wanted to thank everyone who replied. I needed it. Yes even Mr. Anger Management. :) You need a hug Wt57. To be honest just reading your replies helped me muscle through. It was good to hear from people going through the same thing as me. No one around me gets how life changing this is but you guys can relate. I went and found something to occupy my mind. Thanks again.

Jim
WT doesn't need a hug, he needs a handshake and a black coffee, Murica.

That and he's right on point, stressed you have to put your quit first. Under any circumstances should the nic bitch be an option. Poll roll, make your promise every day brother and enjoy your freedom.
Dude, WT isn't using any "psychology" at all. It's not a "style", unless truth is just a "style". As Bruce said, he's telling you what you addict-brain won't tell you - that this is a matter of you making a CHOICE of whether to dip or not, and your willingness to burn bridges to make the CHOICE of nicotine simply not possible.
(note: at 74 days, my guess is you are trying to decide whether you are QUIT, or if you are happy with simply cutting back or nic-fasting on occasion.)

So here goes. ...."push through this! You can do it! We love you. Kumbaya. Hugs. etc etc. " Inspiring? or pandering......
Stressed, you mentioned that "we can relate". Damn straight brother, we have been through and are continuing to go through the same shit. Thats what makes this site so powerful. Its a brotherhood man, use the tools. One day at a time.

Offline zam

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quit Pro
  • Quit is not a passive activity.
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #17 on: April 21, 2013, 02:40:00 PM »
Quote from: Bruce
This is complete bullshit. Dip does nothing positive. I don't care if you use chantex or hooch or cat turds just no nicotine. I suggest you spend the rest of the weekend doing nothing but reading words of wisdom and HOF speeches. Make up your mind if you really want to quit. If not don't waste people's time. If you do want to, Post roll and prove your integrity.
That was a little rough but another approach of reverse psychology effect of addiction. I appreciate your different style. I made it through it guys. I feel better for it. I was having too much of a fit yesterday to even try to join a group. I will follow through now.

I wanted to thank everyone who replied. I needed it. Yes even Mr. Anger Management. :) You need a hug Wt57. To be honest just reading your replies helped me muscle through. It was good to hear from people going through the same thing as me. No one around me gets how life changing this is but you guys can relate. I went and found something to occupy my mind. Thanks again.

Jim

That and he's right on point, stressed you have to put your quit first. Under any circumstances should the nic bitch be an option. Poll roll, make your promise every day brother and enjoy your freedom.
Dude, WT isn't using any "psychology" at all. It's not a "style", unless truth is just a "style". As Bruce said, he's telling you what you addict-brain won't tell you - that this is a matter of you making a CHOICE of whether to dip or not, and your willingness to burn bridges to make the CHOICE of nicotine simply not possible.
(note: at 74 days, my guess is you are trying to decide whether you are QUIT, or if you are happy with simply cutting back or nic-fasting on occasion.)

So here goes. ...."push through this! You can do it! We love you. Kumbaya. Hugs. etc etc. " Inspiring? or pandering......
*Quit today. Full stop. No qualifiers. Tomorrow?... IDK, IDC.

Offline Bruce

• Quit Pro
    • www.facebook.com
  • Quit Date: 2011-11-21
  • Interests: Long walks on the beach, cuddling up next to that special someone in front of a fire, just watching the sunset, and titty bars.
« Reply #16 on: April 21, 2013, 12:34:00 PM »

Jim

Quit date: 11/21/11
HOF date: 2/28/12
Comma date: 8/16/14
It's a freedom thing

Caving is NOT an option

-"Now I can walk through walls and my quit can talk to god. That's right. Crazy voodoo magic quit" Souliman

-'Stop being a pussy and quit' Tarpon17

-"this is the gheyest place on earth, if you say it in here it might become someones signature" Bigwhitebeast

- "We Quit Like Fuck" - Coach Steve

Offline stressed

« Reply #15 on: April 21, 2013, 11:56:00 AM »

Jim

Offline Its_Got2Happen

• Quitter
  • Interests: Staying Quit!!
« Reply #14 on: April 21, 2013, 05:37:00 AM »
Quote from: CleanFuel
Quote from: Wt57
title says it all.  How do I talk myself out of what I am thinking about doing.  My thought process right now is this formula: stress + dip = no stress, anxiety + dip = no anxiety.  Anyone please words of wisdom?  I just spent an hour on the phone with my mom trying to reason the reason I shouldn't start dipping again.  I am on chantix but that isn't cutting it.  I am using hooch but its not cutting it right now.  I just read this sort of thing happens.  How do I get through it.????
WT is IN THE HOUSE.....!!!!!
Stressed. I know exactly how you are feeling right now. If have the time, read my intro thread and you will see almost your very words.

DO NOT USE. You dont need it man. You only think you do, that is the big lie. Once you figure that out, you will be sailing along much smoother. It takes some time for your brain to rewire, I am day 111 and I still encounter circumstances that tempt me to use. Push through it man, it is worth it. You know this.

Offline CleanFuel

• Quitter
« Reply #13 on: April 20, 2013, 09:02:00 PM »
Quote from: Wt57
title says it all.  How do I talk myself out of what I am thinking about doing.  My thought process right now is this formula: stress + dip = no stress, anxiety + dip = no anxiety.  Anyone please words of wisdom?  I just spent an hour on the phone with my mom trying to reason the reason I shouldn't start dipping again.  I am on chantix but that isn't cutting it.  I am using hooch but its not cutting it right now.  I just read this sort of thing happens.  How do I get through it.????
WT is IN THE HOUSE.....!!!!!
Quit 04.02.2012 --- HOF 07.11.2012 --- 5 Years 04.02.2017

Now I am the Voice. I will LEAD, not follow. I will BELIEVE, not doubt. I will CREATE, not destroy. I am a Force for God. I am a Leader.

Defy the odds. Set a new standard. STEP UP!

My HOF Speech

My Intro

Offline Wt57

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Gardening, Dutch Oven , playing with grand kids
« Reply #12 on: April 20, 2013, 07:39:00 PM »
4/1/2012: Nicotine Quit Date
7/9/12: HOF The Missing Warning Label
TODAY is the day that counts
"Do, or do not, there is no try." Yoda

Offline CleanFuel

• Quitter
« Reply #11 on: April 20, 2013, 05:10:00 PM »
Quote from: Notdeadyet
You got your math wrong.

One problem + dip = two problems
Love this
Quit 04.02.2012 --- HOF 07.11.2012 --- 5 Years 04.02.2017

Now I am the Voice. I will LEAD, not follow. I will BELIEVE, not doubt. I will CREATE, not destroy. I am a Force for God. I am a Leader.

Defy the odds. Set a new standard. STEP UP!

My HOF Speech

My Intro

Offline eric71

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Weight Training, Powerlifting, Kettlebells, coaching, fantasy sports
  • Likes Given: 6
« Reply #10 on: April 20, 2013, 04:18:00 PM »
Quote from: srans
More about me while I wait for some words of wisdom.  At least I hope to get some inspirational words.  I started dipping when I was 14 and I am 35 now.  This is my second attempt to quit in the last 5 years.  Thinking back this is where I lost it last time.  I took my family out last night with another couple we know to play pool etc.  I didn't know the man in the couple was a dipper.  He pulled out his can in front of me and I smelled it, not intentionally.  It has been really stressful ever since.
Got a couple friends that have tried chantix.. DIDN'T WORK!!
Got a couple friends that tried nicotine replacement thereopy.. DIDN'T WORK!!
Got a couple friends that tried hypnosis... DIDN'T WORK.

Got 1000's of friends that quit with killthecan. WORKED LIKE A CHARM!!!!!!

Go to the welcome center,, top left,, learn to post roll. Make friends,, you don't have to go through this alone. Figure out what group your in and make friends. Exchange number, get to know fellow quitters.
The most important thing,, Stay quit for today.
How important is your word? You see, once you post roll, formally or informally, you are now giving your word that you will not use today. Today is all we ask for. Get back to the base and get in live chat as well. They will not let you down.

Offline srans

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Fishing and playing the guitar.
« Reply #9 on: April 20, 2013, 03:49:00 PM »
More about me while I wait for some words of wisdom.  At least I hope to get some inspirational words.  I started dipping when I was 14 and I am 35 now.  This is my second attempt to quit in the last 5 years.  Thinking back this is where I lost it last time.  I took my family out last night with another couple we know to play pool etc.  I didn't know the man in the couple was a dipper.  He pulled out his can in front of me and I smelled it, not intentionally.  It has been really stressful ever since.
Got a couple friends that have tried chantix.. DIDN'T WORK!!
Got a couple friends that tried nicotine replacement thereopy.. DIDN'T WORK!!
Got a couple friends that tried hypnosis... DIDN'T WORK.

Got 1000's of friends that quit with killthecan. WORKED LIKE A CHARM!!!!!!

Go to the welcome center,, top left,, learn to post roll. Make friends,, you don't have to go through this alone. Figure out what group your in and make friends. Exchange number, get to know fellow quitters.
The most important thing,, Stay quit for today.
Hof date may 25, 2013
HoF Speech

The poison sucks. I hate it. I hated it this morning, I hated it at noon, I hated it at supper and I hate it tonight. I enjoy hating it so much I'm going to wake up tomorrow and start over hating it. I quit with anyone that wants to hate it with me.

Offline Hellya

• Quitter
« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2013, 02:00:00 PM »
There is no reason to ever put that shit in your mouth again. I know it doesn't seem like it but you know that deep down that using it will only increase your anxiety and stress even more.

You've got this man, tell the nic-bitch to fuck off. Scream it out loud if you have to.

Then look at each side

Smells, tastes, feelings, emotions, extra years of life, living with your jaw and tongue, your family, your health.

vs.

dip.

Which side is more important to you?

Offline kkljinc

• Quitter
  • Interests: I love to workout, RUN, and Weights. Hunter and a Fisherman. Golf is my passion.Wife and kids keep me busy.
« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2013, 12:57:00 PM »
More about me while I wait for some words of wisdom. At least I hope to get some inspirational words. I started dipping when I was 14 and I am 35 now. This is my second attempt to quit in the last 5 years. Thinking back this is where I lost it last time. I took my family out last night with another couple we know to play pool etc. I didn't know the man in the couple was a dipper. He pulled out his can in front of me and I smelled it, not intentionally. It has been really stressful ever since.
Your just like me, 37 started at about 12 years old. It's just a trigger, you got this. If you can get through this you can get through the next one.

Offline Notdeadyet

• Quitter
« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2013, 12:56:00 PM »
You got your math wrong.

One problem + dip = two problems
38 yr slave
Dumbass No More 8/31/2011

Anyone can stop, but can you quit? A "Stopper" versus a "Quitter"

Dumbass No More - A Quitter's Tale Of Ending Stupid Behavior

Offline Lucas

• Quitter
  • Interests: Hunting, fishing, working outdoors, stock market
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2013, 12:52:00 PM »
title says it all. How do I talk myself out of what I am thinking about doing. My thought process right now is this formula: stress + dip = no stress, anxiety + dip = no anxiety. Anyone please words of wisdom? I just spent an hour on the phone with my mom trying to reason the reason I shouldn't start dipping again. I am on chantix but that isn't cutting it. I am using hooch but its not cutting it right now. I just read this sort of thing happens. How do I get through it.????
One day at a time. Dip is not going to solve any of your problems. Check your inbox (1).