Author Topic: finally day 1  (Read 476 times)

Offline Gdubya

• Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: August 23, 2013
  • Likes Given: 3
Re: finally day 1
« Reply #9 on: November 25, 2013, 09:08:00 PM »
Hey Carlton, your doing great bro. And you certainly are in the right place. On the Smokey Mountain, I'm definitely a user of that stuff. Helps with the oral fixation part of dipping. But so does bubble gum, chewing gum, beef jerky, sunflower seeds, sweet tarts, MM's, peanuts, drumsticks, Funyuns, tater tots, Blue Moon Pumpkin beer, big fat juicy steaks. Ok. Point is. Eat anything. Chew anything. Anything to get to day 2. Then do it over again and get to day 3. Don't worry about if you can do this for the rest of your life, only concern yourself with today. And the days will begin to just smoothly pass by. Brotha, it ain't easy. We know that. But we don't do it alone. Here we do it together. Proud to be quit with you. Check your inbox.

Offline carltonjac

• Likes Given: 0
« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2013, 07:41:00 PM »
All I want is to be done with the former fiberglass injecting Grizzly Wintergreen Pouches. I appreciate all the support I'm seeing so far on this website. Thank you

Offline Bean

• Quitter
« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2013, 01:31:00 PM »
Great choice, C-Jac!!! Those prior "2-day quits" are a thing of the past. All you need to focus on is ONE DAY AT A TIME...today. You have gotten a ton of great advice so far. Follow Pinch's links, post roll, and keep your word!

One thing I do want to add...it doesn't matter if you have been using nicotine for 6 years or 60. You're an addict...and will always be. But YOU can control your addiction. And, regardless how long you have been an addict, EVERYBODY starts with DAY 1, and takes it ONE DAY A A TIME.

That is the road to freedom. YOU GOT THIS, BROTHER!!!

Offline brettlees

• Epic Quitter
  • Likes Given: 6
« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2013, 12:29:00 PM »
Just wanted to say welcome and good decsion carltonjac, good to see you here planning out your quit. You've come to the right place to get it done. Read all you can here, and post and you will get great support. Follow the instructions and guidance of the experienced quitters that show up for you, and you will make it. It won't be easy but it will be simple, like they say here. PM me if I can help you at all!
This info helped me early on, and still does today: https://whyquit.com/whyquit/linksaaddiction.html

Quitters I’ve met so far: Ihatecope, >Pinched<, T-Cell, grizzlyhasclaws, Canvasback, BaseballPlayer, Cbird65, ERDVM, BradleyGuy, Ted, Zeno, AppleJack, Bronc, Knockout, MookieBlaylock, Rdad, 2mch2lv4, MN_Ben, Natro, Lippizaner, Amquash, ChristopherJ, GDubya, SRohde  -- always eager to meet more!

Offline CaliforniaSlim

• Quitter
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2013, 11:48:00 AM »
Quote from: carltonjac
Do those fake dip alternatives taste anything like the real thing?

I have done them before but the only one that was even close was the smokey mountain. Are there any other good ones?
Nope. I tried a few, and didn't like that I was still playing with a round can, though a lot of brothers here swear by Smokey Mountain. It just comes down to what works for you. Try a few brands, try gum, sunflower seeds, hard candy, atomic fireballs, coffee beans, whatever.... as long as it doesn't have nicotine in it, give it a shot...
Great job so far. You are doing this.

Offline Pinched

• Quit King
  • Interests: Baseball, Hunting, Trucks, Diesels, Scouting,
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2013, 11:44:00 AM »
Quote from: carltonjac

I have done them before but the only one that was even close was the smokey mountain. Are there any other good ones?
Here is a link to a bunch of the alternatives Smokeless Alternatives

There are also some coupons as well. I myself have utilized the Smokey Mountain - Wintergreen and the Hooch Spitfire the most. It depends on what you used to dip and the cut.

None of the mimic it 100% from what I have found but I like that because it still means that mentally you have to want to quit. The fake dip is merely a placebo.
"If you want to quit then stop talking and just QUIT. If you want to kill yourself a bullet is cheaper and faster than a tin, plus it eliminates my hearing you whine and cry like a bitch."

Best thing I have read on KTC...Submitted by tgafish on 7/3/14

Former Skoal Straight and Cope Longcut user that started at the age of 12. QUIT on 7/15/13

Offline carltonjac

« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2013, 11:34:00 AM »

Offline Pinched

• Quit King
  • Interests: Baseball, Hunting, Trucks, Diesels, Scouting,
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2013, 11:17:00 AM »
carltonjac,
Welcome to KTC. I hope that this group is able to help you quit. First you need to be 100% ready to do this which it sounds like you are. Now, I recommend that you read up on the site and learn how to post roll.

Now read up the info on the site Welcome Center

Learn how to post roll How to Post Roll

Then post Roll here Pre-HOF March 2014 Group

Post Roll daily. This is your promise to stay quit, understand that KTC is all about brotherhood and Accountability. Make sure that these words mean something to you. Also understand that all of us quitters care so when a cave happens people will take that shit personally. We invest time into people and the quit groups are like tight families of quit.

Finally, I recommend that you find an alternative, fake dip, candy, gum, mints, etc. Drink lots of water, so much that you cannot pass a bathroom without having to piss.

P.S. All of the above underlined words are links to the site.

You can do this,

Pinched
"If you want to quit then stop talking and just QUIT. If you want to kill yourself a bullet is cheaper and faster than a tin, plus it eliminates my hearing you whine and cry like a bitch."

Best thing I have read on KTC...Submitted by tgafish on 7/3/14

Former Skoal Straight and Cope Longcut user that started at the age of 12. QUIT on 7/15/13

Offline carltonjac

finally day 1
« on: November 25, 2013, 11:10:00 AM »
I have only been hooked on this shit for 6 years but it seems like so many more years than that. It just makes me sick. It really is like a slavery that I am stuck in. its a waste of my time and my life. I have tried to quit before but I hope now I have a solid support group. The last times I caved all on day 2 and now I cant do this to myself anymore. I make myself feel pathetic and I am DONE. So today is day 1