Author Topic: I am Quit. Quit I am...  (Read 981 times)

Offline Sportsfan231

• Quitting MoFo
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: I am Quit. Quit I am...
« Reply #29 on: January 25, 2016, 10:45:00 AM »
Congrats on 1200 friend

Offline jhaenel23

• Quitter
  • Interests: Kicking the Nic Bitch's Ass every day!!Staying in the QUIT, And helping all of my KTC Brothers to do the same!!
« Reply #28 on: June 24, 2013, 02:09:00 PM »
Quote from: Sharsky
WowÂ….i haven't posted to my Intro thread in a hellava long timeÂ….

Day 256. I go thru a can of Smokey Mtn. over a 3 week period roughly. Never really tried to remove it from my toolbox, since a lot of input I received said it would just occur over time. And granted, the need for it has gradually decreased over time.

So, had ran out of it 4 or 5 days ago. While at Wally World yesterday picking up some odds and ends, figgered IÂ’d go thru the line and grab a can to have around in case the need to kill a crave with it pops up.

I’m 43 by the way, wear glasses all the time now, for the past 2½ years anyway. Also currently have a beard grown out. Well guess what? My ID has me without glasses, and I’m clean shaven.

Â….and the lady doesnÂ’t think itÂ’s me, so she wonÂ’t sell me the nicotine free Smokey Mtn. Although she did complement me on how much younger I look in the photo ID. Well, she thought it was a compliment anyway :)

Man, never thought IÂ’d get turned down buying something you donÂ’t even need an ID to buy! Well, at least I presume that you donÂ’t need an ID to buy it. My beard is pretty salt and peppery too, so not sure what the heck she was thinking.

DidnÂ’t even bring up the fact that it was nicotine free herbal stuff. I just took it as a sign that itÂ’s now time to remove this from my toolbox. I did however have a TheisenÂ’s stop tooÂ…so will have a can of shredded jerky to fill that need as it arises. Apparently jerky doesn't require an ID. :D

I quit with all of you today.
Good Stuff Jackwagin!!! Quit with you today brother!

J
Stay in the Q.U.I.T*********Fuck the NIC!!" Jhaenel23
"Freedom is like your Soul going Commando!" Scowick
"Losers always whine about their best, Winners go home and fuck the prom queen!!" John Mason
"If its too much trouble to post roll, You can always Fuck Off!!" J2B
HOF Speech
Sounds Of Madness
QUIT 10-22-12
HOF 1-29-13
Post with Da Jackwagins!!

Offline Sharsky

• Quitter
  • Uh huh huh huh huh huh
  • Quit Date: 10/12/12
  • Interests: Camping, Biking (mountain and road), BBQ'ing, and puppy activities
« Reply #27 on: June 24, 2013, 01:48:00 PM »
WowÂ….i haven't posted to my Intro thread in a hellava long timeÂ….

Day 256. I go thru a can of Smokey Mtn. over a 3 week period roughly. Never really tried to remove it from my toolbox, since a lot of input I received said it would just occur over time. And granted, the need for it has gradually decreased over time.

So, had ran out of it 4 or 5 days ago. While at Wally World yesterday picking up some odds and ends, figgered IÂ’d go thru the line and grab a can to have around in case the need to kill a crave with it pops up.

I’m 43 by the way, wear glasses all the time now, for the past 2½ years anyway. Also currently have a beard grown out. Well guess what? My ID has me without glasses, and I’m clean shaven.

Â….and the lady doesnÂ’t think itÂ’s me, so she wonÂ’t sell me the nicotine free Smokey Mtn. Although she did complement me on how much younger I look in the photo ID. Well, she thought it was a compliment anyway :)

Man, never thought IÂ’d get turned down buying something you donÂ’t even need an ID to buy! Well, at least I presume that you donÂ’t need an ID to buy it. My beard is pretty salt and peppery too, so not sure what the heck she was thinking.

DidnÂ’t even bring up the fact that it was nicotine free herbal stuff. I just took it as a sign that itÂ’s now time to remove this from my toolbox. I did however have a TheisenÂ’s stop tooÂ…so will have a can of shredded jerky to fill that need as it arises. Apparently jerky doesn't require an ID. :D

I quit with all of you today.
January '13 Jackwagins
Quit Date:  October 12, 2012

Offline Sharsky

• Quitter
  • Uh huh huh huh huh huh
« Reply #26 on: February 26, 2013, 10:17:00 AM »
Day 138. Long time no see Intro thread of mine.....

Met up with a fellow Jackwagin last night for some brews....Friggin' awesome to meet you jhaenel....nice to put a face to that quittername...

Looking forward to repeating our meetings too! Adding another very effective weapon to our toolboxes ALWAYS a good thing.

Till next time....quit with you today!
January '13 Jackwagins

Offline Sharsky

• Quitter
  • Uh huh huh huh huh huh
« Reply #25 on: January 20, 2013, 06:19:00 PM »
Awesome...duplication unnecessary...whew!
January '13 Jackwagins

Offline redtrain14

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Interests: Family, hunting, fishing, running, mountain biking, swimming, building shit, and anything else that sounds like fun.
  • Likes Given: 19
« Reply #24 on: January 20, 2013, 04:12:00 PM »
Actually wrote a HoF speech yesterday, swear i hit the Submit button...not a clue where it went. kinda wanna say a popup window appeared for a second or so, but didnt read it....thought i saw the word Moderator in the text as it disappeared...

anyone know if thats what happened? it has to go thru a Mod before its posted? or do i gotta re-type a new one up???
It's up.

Well done, thank you for posting it!

Offline waketech

• Quitter
« Reply #23 on: January 20, 2013, 04:01:00 PM »
Actually wrote a HoF speech yesterday, swear i hit the Submit button...not a clue where it went. kinda wanna say a popup window appeared for a second or so, but didnt read it....thought i saw the word Moderator in the text as it disappeared...

anyone know if thats what happened? it has to go thru a Mod before its posted? or do i gotta re-type a new one up???
Yeah a MOD has to approve it i believe.... happens pretty quick. I will be looking forward to reading it!

Offline Sharsky

• Quitter
  • Uh huh huh huh huh huh
« Reply #22 on: January 20, 2013, 03:28:00 PM »

January '13 Jackwagins

Offline Mthomas3824

• Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2012-03-14
  • Interests: Living my life and never turning back to the can of lies.
« Reply #21 on: January 09, 2013, 08:58:00 PM »
Quote from: SirDerek
been awhile since i've added anything to my intro...Day 90.  Just had a dentist appt yesterday, first since my quit.  All good there I'm told.  Didnt even have to use the waterpic or jet to get crap off my teeth this time haha.  And I'm a solid "brush once a day whether they need it not" type a guy.....

I havent given any effort whatsoever to getting rid of the pouching, or oral fixation, but prolly will make an effort some time soon.  Three of my best friends the past 90 days?....fake stuff, shredded jerky, and sugarless gum.  Been focusing solely on just plain ol being quit....which dam is a good feeling. 

I'm quit with all of you MoFo's for today.
Well done my friend. And good news from the dentist.

As for the last oral part of the fixation, that will fade away. I am on day 192 and about 50 days ago I realized I did not need to have something constantly in my mouth and all is good. Now use the fake, seeds and other stuff very rarely (and mostly because I realized I like the seeds).

Be good Be strong Be Quit
Being quit kicks the shit out of the regrets, cost, and risks linked to humping a can of chew!!!!

WTG
Quit And Be Free

HOF Speech

Offline SirDerek

• Quit Pro
« Reply #20 on: January 09, 2013, 11:29:00 AM »
been awhile since i've added anything to my intro...Day 90. Just had a dentist appt yesterday, first since my quit. All good there I'm told. Didnt even have to use the waterpic or jet to get crap off my teeth this time haha. And I'm a solid "brush once a day whether they need it not" type a guy.....

I havent given any effort whatsoever to getting rid of the pouching, or oral fixation, but prolly will make an effort some time soon. Three of my best friends the past 90 days?....fake stuff, shredded jerky, and sugarless gum. Been focusing solely on just plain ol being quit....which dam is a good feeling.

Well done my friend. And good news from the dentist.

As for the last oral part of the fixation, that will fade away. I am on day 192 and about 50 days ago I realized I did not need to have something constantly in my mouth and all is good. Now use the fake, seeds and other stuff very rarely (and mostly because I realized I like the seeds).

Be good Be strong Be Quit

Offline Sharsky

• Quitter
  • Uh huh huh huh huh huh
« Reply #19 on: January 09, 2013, 10:09:00 AM »
been awhile since i've added anything to my intro...Day 90. Just had a dentist appt yesterday, first since my quit. All good there I'm told. Didnt even have to use the waterpic or jet to get crap off my teeth this time haha. And I'm a solid "brush once a day whether they need it not" type a guy.....

I havent given any effort whatsoever to getting rid of the pouching, or oral fixation, but prolly will make an effort some time soon. Three of my best friends the past 90 days?....fake stuff, shredded jerky, and sugarless gum. Been focusing solely on just plain ol being quit....which dam is a good feeling.

January '13 Jackwagins

Offline epayne

• Quitter
  • Interests: My beloved Jeep. My fiance's pussy. My fiance. My dog. Chewing gum.
« Reply #18 on: December 05, 2012, 06:21:00 PM »
Day 55.

Open Enrollment...unchecked the 'tobacco surcharge' box.

$50/month more in my pocket. Boo.Fucking.Yah.
It never stops paying off. Literally.

Damn I love being quit. :lol:

Offline Sharsky

• Quitter
  • Uh huh huh huh huh huh
« Reply #17 on: December 05, 2012, 04:40:00 PM »
Day 55.

Open Enrollment...unchecked the 'tobacco surcharge' box.

$50/month more in my pocket. Boo.Fucking.Yah.
January '13 Jackwagins

Offline 30isEnuff

• Quitter
  • Keeping my jaw and tongue, I like them.
    • I'm The Owner of this Place.
  • Quit Date: May 25, 2012
  • Interests: "Being Quit" Today, just Today.Moving on to more of life before the light is gone.
  • Likes Given: 12
« Reply #16 on: November 15, 2012, 02:32:00 PM »
What these guys said. Take it off the table each a.m. by posting roll with all us Quitters!!!!

Post roll.
keep your word all day.
Get to sleep.
Wake up and REPEAT!

If i can do it after 30 yrs, 1-2 cans per day, then you can TOO....YOU must DECIDE each a.m. The earlier the better....and YES it does get better. It gets easier to kick the nic bitch in the head and her voice does get much quieter.

It is a victory to be quit through hard work...there is nothing magical or mystical about it....just hard work!

cheers! 'bang head'
Keeping my jaw and tongue...I like them.
It's poison I tell ya, You wouldn't drink Liquid Drano, would ya?

Offline Sharsky

• Quitter
  • Uh huh huh huh huh huh
« Reply #15 on: November 15, 2012, 12:06:00 PM »
Day 35. First Great American Smokeout in 24 years that I'm actually be "participating" in, though my Quit is not related to it. That's it....that thought popped into my head, just wanted to capture that in this lil 'journal' o mine here. QLF for today. -Sharsky
January '13 Jackwagins