Author Topic: Day 1 of the long Road  (Read 22787 times)

Offline Athan

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • Addict
  • Quit Date: January 1 2018
  • Interests: GodFamilyCountry
  • Likes Given: 1652
Re: Day 1 of the long Road
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2020, 01:30:47 AM »
Hello all,

So this is not my first time quitting, far from it to be honest. The thing about this time is that it will be my LAST quit and the one I truly follow through with. I've followed this website for awhile, but since I wasn't as serious about quitting as I needed to be, I refrained from posting or officially joining the site. 18 months ago my youngest daughter was born and I told my wife that I would quit. I didn't want this stuff to be around her or them to think that tobacco was okay. It's now been 18 months later and I'm just now starting my quit. I just returned from a two year tour overseas in Germany away from the family and I was trying to refrain from adding more stress to me coming home and us moving to Kentucky, but the wife and I talked and I decided now is the only time. If I don't choose to quit now, I probably never would.

I have been in the Army for 7 years now and this stuff has been around me more times than I can count or even remember, so it's definitely not going to be easy for me, but I really feel like this group can really help me stay on track on those tougher days. To anyone in the April quit group, I am here, whenever you need someone to talk to, or you need a distraction away from this crap, and i hope i can expect the same from you. To everyone else here, my name is Aaron Green, and today I become a quitter. Hope to get to know you all a lot better over the course of these next 100 days and further beyond that.

A-aron

P.S. If anyone watches Key and Peele, yes I respond to being called A-Aron...It's my favorite nickname lmao
Welcome aboard A-aron! I was Navy. Smoking/chewing is darn near synonymous with service (as is drinking). Great decision and you're right about now being the time; tomorrow never comes. Got some links in my signature about nicotine addiction. Educate yourself. Knowledge is power, ignorance is terribly expensive.
Make you way on over to April 2020 and post your promise to stay clean.
Blog the quit out here, it's very therapeutic. Also, rage in here and not at home on your family or your job. Love that you've involved your bride, it's important that she knows what you're up against. There's even some information here for her.
There's already some folks in your group. Exchange digits and start building a web of accountability - it's your lifeline when you get tight.
Athan
IQWYT
"I hope you find a thousand reasons to quit today" Rawls
"I can't quit for you. I will quit with you" Ready
"There are two dogs in the fight, which one are you feeding?" SuperDave9000
"In the Navy we had morning muster. You never miss muster. You better be dead if you miss. If you are dying, you should have started crawling earlier, no excuse." Olcpo

The Science of Addiction
The Law of Addiction
The Road Called Recovery
My Intro and HOF Speech
Quitters I've met: Cbird, UncleRico, Gregor, KDip, Broccoli-saurus, Croakenhagen, BriagG, Koba, Kodiakdeath, Arrakisdq, McDave, Worktowin, SkolVikings, JGromo, GS9502, PaDutchman, Stillbrewing, A-Aron...
wildirish317
outdoortexan cancer

Offline A-Aron

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quitter
  • Wake Up, Kick Ass, Do it all over again.
  • Quit Date: 2020-01-02
  • Interests: Gaming, Playing with my kids, Beautiful Wife, NCAA, Cornhusker Football GBR!
  • Likes Given: 214
Day 1 of the long Road
« on: January 02, 2020, 01:16:44 AM »
Hello all,

So this is not my first time quitting, far from it to be honest. The thing about this time is that it will be my LAST quit and the one I truly follow through with. I've followed this website for awhile, but since I wasn't as serious about quitting as I needed to be, I refrained from posting or officially joining the site. 18 months ago my youngest daughter was born and I told my wife that I would quit. I didn't want this stuff to be around her or them to think that tobacco was okay. It's now been 18 months later and I'm just now starting my quit. I just returned from a two year tour overseas in Germany away from the family and I was trying to refrain from adding more stress to me coming home and us moving to Kentucky, but the wife and I talked and I decided now is the only time. If I don't choose to quit now, I probably never would.

I have been in the Army for 7 years now and this stuff has been around me more times than I can count or even remember, so it's definitely not going to be easy for me, but I really feel like this group can really help me stay on track on those tougher days. To anyone in the April quit group, I am here, whenever you need someone to talk to, or you need a distraction away from this crap, and i hope i can expect the same from you. To everyone else here, my name is Aaron Green, and today I become a quitter. Hope to get to know you all a lot better over the course of these next 100 days and further beyond that.

A-aron

P.S. If anyone watches Key and Peele, yes I respond to being called A-Aron...It's my favorite nickname lmao
Proud To Be Quit With You Today

Don't walk behind me; I may not lead. Don't walk in front of me; I may not follow. Just walk
beside me and be my friend.

Albert Camus

I believe in the brotherhood of all men, but I don’t believe in wasting brotherhood on anyone who doesn’t want to practice it with me. Brotherhood is a two-way street.
Malcom X

My HoF Speech