Author Topic: Day 1 of the long Road  (Read 21953 times)

Offline A-Aron

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quitter
  • Wake Up, Kick Ass, Do it all over again.
  • Quit Date: 2020-01-02
  • Interests: Gaming, Playing with my kids, Beautiful Wife, NCAA, Cornhusker Football GBR!
  • Likes Given: 214
Re: Day 1 of the long Road
« Reply #107 on: April 06, 2020, 09:13:34 AM »
My unborn child, who I have no idea if it’s going to be girl #3 or boy #2, will never have to worry about my getting angry because I haven’t had that morning or nightly pinch of bullshit.
And you’re free from the guilt that comes with this. Beautiful. PTQWY
And that right there I think is the greatest part of this realization of mine. No more guilt, no more planning trips to the gas station, no more ninja dipping.
Proud To Be Quit With You Today

Don't walk behind me; I may not lead. Don't walk in front of me; I may not follow. Just walk
beside me and be my friend.

Albert Camus

I believe in the brotherhood of all men, but I don’t believe in wasting brotherhood on anyone who doesn’t want to practice it with me. Brotherhood is a two-way street.
Malcom X

My HoF Speech

Offline ankape

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 10.25.2019
  • Likes Given: 398
« Reply #106 on: April 06, 2020, 01:48:17 AM »
My unborn child, who I have no idea if it’s going to be girl #3 or boy #2, will never have to worry about my getting angry because I haven’t had that morning or nightly pinch of bullshit.
And you’re free from the guilt that comes with this. Beautiful. PTQWY

Offline A-Aron

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quitter
  • Interests: Gaming, Playing with my kids, Beautiful Wife, NCAA, Cornhusker Football GBR!
« Reply #105 on: April 06, 2020, 12:33:20 AM »
Random thought here.

Was doing a bit of late night reading here as I tend to do oh so often. I can’t quite remember who’s intro thread I happened to be reading, but the thought finally occurred to me after 96 days. I my kids will never have to grow up asking what’s that shit in your mouth dad. My son, who looks to be like me in every way, will never have to look at me as a role model for the nic bitch. My unborn child, who I have no idea if it’s going to be girl #3 or boy #2, will never have to worry about my getting angry because I haven’t had that morning or nightly pinch of bullshit. I’ll never be broken of these addict chains that forever bind me, BUT, damn does it feel good to have them loosened, if even for a minute. I love my kids more than life itself and I’m proud to say, I QUIT NICOTINE TODAY!

Don't walk behind me; I may not lead. Don't walk in front of me; I may not follow. Just walk

Albert Camus

I believe in the brotherhood of all men, but I don’t believe in wasting brotherhood on anyone who doesn’t want to practice it with me. Brotherhood is a two-way street.
Malcom X

My HoF Speech

Offline ChickDip

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • July 2015 Jackals
    • HOF speech
  • Quit Date: 3/30/2015
  • Interests: (July2015 Quit Group) ((7-07-2015 100 days)) ....Quit Day March 30.... Fish Slaying, Hunting, Camping, Hiking, Mtn Biking, Cooking, Sammich-making, Poker, movies, watching Pro Baseball, anything outdoors
  • Likes Given: 2012
« Reply #104 on: April 03, 2020, 02:08:41 PM »
Day 93

Here it is. Probably final update before HoF. I’ve started to get more writing done on my HoF speech. The only downfall I’m having is fear it’s too long lmao. I’ve just had so many experiences here on KTC already in just under my first 100 days, it’s too much to talk about. But what’s the most important other than writing that speech is what I received in the mail yesterday afternoon, I got my HoF coin in the mail. Wow, I know right? A week early.....but you see, it’s not just any HoF coin and it’s early for a reason. See, the other day I was talking with @Skolvikings about HoF and how excited I am about reaching this first goal, and mentioned I still need to buy my coin. What came next I wasn’t expecting, but he offered to send me his HoF coin he’s carried for SEVEN HUNDRED AND NINETEEN DAYS!! That’s an incredible journey for that coin and so many memories with it. I’m proud as hell to have that coin sitting in my dresser waiting to go into my wallet, because I can’t carry it with me for 7 more days. If anyone of you out there are reading this and wondering if you can actually quit and do it this time, I’m here to tell you, you can. 93 days ago I threw away 4 brand new cans of dip and started this journey with my quit brothers and sisters. The brotherhood and accountability work, but ONLY if you buy into the system and drink the koolaid a bit. Now, @Athan might try to spike the koolaid just a bit, but I promise, we’re all right here, with you all. Proud to quit with you all, yesterday, today, and tomorrow. HoF, here I come!!

Damn proud of you Aaron, I could tell you were a great person from the start.  Pay it forward like I know you will, that is what puts the final nails in the quit coffin.  It ain't the prettiest shiny coin around, but it has been through some battles and ready for more.
This guy gets it!
That is awesome about the coin AAron
He's never going to see the same day count again.
Quit Hard! Cheers to the hof day coming.
July 2015 Jackals - House of WUPP
"....the load doesn't weigh me down at all, he ain't heavy he's my brother"
Try to believe that you are worth more than you think, and others are worth more than you think.
"If you haven't... Quit now......If you have... Stay that way " ~AppleJack
"Make It Through Today" WarE2013 (Rest Easy)
"I am quit... for today... with you... but not FOR you" ~LBP
"Endeavor to Persevere!" Lone Waite

my intro / my HOF speech / my comma club
Building a Strong Quit / My HOF Day

Offline Skolvikings

• 86 Poison
  • Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Trample the weak, hurdle the dead.
  • Quit Date: 01/02/2018
  • Interests: Mortgage Professional, Foodie, Golf, Guns, Beer, Vikings Football, Cornhuskers Football, My Amazing Wife
  • Likes Given: 971
« Reply #103 on: April 03, 2020, 11:07:19 AM »
Day 93

Here it is. Probably final update before HoF. I’ve started to get more writing done on my HoF speech. The only downfall I’m having is fear it’s too long lmao. I’ve just had so many experiences here on KTC already in just under my first 100 days, it’s too much to talk about. But what’s the most important other than writing that speech is what I received in the mail yesterday afternoon, I got my HoF coin in the mail. Wow, I know right? A week early.....but you see, it’s not just any HoF coin and it’s early for a reason. See, the other day I was talking with @Skolvikings about HoF and how excited I am about reaching this first goal, and mentioned I still need to buy my coin. What came next I wasn’t expecting, but he offered to send me his HoF coin he’s carried for SEVEN HUNDRED AND NINETEEN DAYS!! That’s an incredible journey for that coin and so many memories with it. I’m proud as hell to have that coin sitting in my dresser waiting to go into my wallet, because I can’t carry it with me for 7 more days. If anyone of you out there are reading this and wondering if you can actually quit and do it this time, I’m here to tell you, you can. 93 days ago I threw away 4 brand new cans of dip and started this journey with my quit brothers and sisters. The brotherhood and accountability work, but ONLY if you buy into the system and drink the koolaid a bit. Now, @Athan might try to spike the koolaid just a bit, but I promise, we’re all right here, with you all. Proud to quit with you all, yesterday, today, and tomorrow. HoF, here I come!!

Damn proud of you Aaron, I could tell you were a great person from the start.  Pay it forward like I know you will, that is what puts the final nails in the quit coffin.  It ain't the prettiest shiny coin around, but it has been through some battles and ready for more.
Be humble... grow everyday.

I fear I will always be chasing the vortex like a drug. None will be as special as my first hit.

MY HOF SPEECH

Offline Athan

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • Addict
  • Quit Date: January 1 2018
  • Interests: GodFamilyCountry
  • Likes Given: 1651
« Reply #102 on: April 03, 2020, 06:48:01 AM »
Day 93

Hey - What's life without a little spice?!
"I hope you find a thousand reasons to quit today" Rawls
"I can't quit for you. I will quit with you" Ready
"There are two dogs in the fight, which one are you feeding?" SuperDave9000
"In the Navy we had morning muster. You never miss muster. You better be dead if you miss. If you are dying, you should have started crawling earlier, no excuse." Olcpo

The Science of Addiction
The Law of Addiction
The Road Called Recovery
My Intro and HOF Speech
Quitters I've met: Cbird, UncleRico, Gregor, KDip, Broccoli-saurus, Croakenhagen, BriagG, Koba, Kodiakdeath, Arrakisdq, McDave, Worktowin, SkolVikings, JGromo, GS9502, PaDutchman, Stillbrewing, A-Aron...
wildirish317
outdoortexan cancer

Offline A-Aron

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quitter
« Reply #101 on: April 03, 2020, 02:39:00 AM »
Day 93

Albert Camus

Malcom X

My HoF Speech

Offline Bug Guy

• REMF
  • Moderator (Retired)
  • Quit King
  • Just a squirrel trying to get a nut
  • Quit Date: 1-4-19
  • Interests: Buckeye Football, Hunting, Hiking, Hanging with the family
  • Likes Given: 2427
« Reply #100 on: March 31, 2020, 09:15:36 PM »

It’s hard to believe that 86 days ago I did the best thing I could ever do, which was sign up for this website and throw my cans away. I was highly skeptical at first on whether this quit would work this time, or if I would cave like normal whenever I “tried” to quit. But it’s funny how the first 3 people that hit me up on this site @Bug Guy @Athan and @chris2alaska made me realize right off the back that this was the right decision and place to be. Athan my friend, there’s so much I want to say to you, but I honestly want to save that for my HoF speech I’m building. Steve, dear god, the same could be said about you and also Chris. You guys have added a lot to my quit, bunch of badass vets backing a little newbie like myself.

I’ve been really reflecting these last few days about what this site does for people, watching the little dramas, and watching the brotherhood build. I love KTC and what it stands for. I love the brotherhood and accountability and I look forward to being that “vet” that invests in a newbie and shows them that even though it seems impossible, they too can be quit and free of the Nic bitch. I may be one of the youngest people on KTC currently besides ole @jack_smiff1 but that okay, we’ve learned a lot and I feel like I fit right on with these old quit mofos on here. Proud to be quit with you all, see you all on HoF. Maybe before, it depends on if I feel like posting before then.

Aaron,

You make me proud to call you my brother everyday.  To the new months just starting up, you are already a quit god.  Stay strong and ever vigilante in your quit.

Proud as hell to quit with you,

Chris

Aye aaron the young guns have a special quit tho! Our margin for error is way higher, we have a longer road and quite a bit more peer pressure. Quit with you forever brother
Damn proud of you kid brother. And even though I'm the better looking one in the family, I still love you  :-*
Proud to see you reaching the HoF, despite all the stuff that has happened along the way. You may not know it, but you've been an inspiration to me. To go through all that you have, and to keep such an amazing attitude, is remarkable. Thank you for being a friend and a brother. I will always be here for you as you have been for me.
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

INTRO | HOF SPEECH | HOF WRITEUP
QUIT 1/4/19 HOF 4/13/19 2ND FLOOR 7/22/19 3RD FLOOR 10/30/19 4TH FLOOR 2/7/20 5TH FLOOR 5/17/20 6TH FLOOR 8/25/20 7TH FLOOR 12/3/20 8TH FLOOR 3/13/21 9TH FLOOR 6/21/21 DANGLE FLOOR 9/29/21 11TH FLOOR 1/7/22 12TH FLOOR 4/17/22

Offline jack_smiff1

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 1/3/2020
  • Interests: Lacrosse
  • Likes Given: 69
« Reply #99 on: March 29, 2020, 09:21:51 AM »

It’s hard to believe that 86 days ago I did the best thing I could ever do, which was sign up for this website and throw my cans away. I was highly skeptical at first on whether this quit would work this time, or if I would cave like normal whenever I “tried” to quit. But it’s funny how the first 3 people that hit me up on this site @Bug Guy @Athan and @chris2alaska made me realize right off the back that this was the right decision and place to be. Athan my friend, there’s so much I want to say to you, but I honestly want to save that for my HoF speech I’m building. Steve, dear god, the same could be said about you and also Chris. You guys have added a lot to my quit, bunch of badass vets backing a little newbie like myself.

I’ve been really reflecting these last few days about what this site does for people, watching the little dramas, and watching the brotherhood build. I love KTC and what it stands for. I love the brotherhood and accountability and I look forward to being that “vet” that invests in a newbie and shows them that even though it seems impossible, they too can be quit and free of the Nic bitch. I may be one of the youngest people on KTC currently besides ole @jack_smiff1 but that okay, we’ve learned a lot and I feel like I fit right on with these old quit mofos on here. Proud to be quit with you all, see you all on HoF. Maybe before, it depends on if I feel like posting before then.

Aaron,

You make me proud to call you my brother everyday.  To the new months just starting up, you are already a quit god.  Stay strong and ever vigilante in your quit.

Chris

Aye aaron the young guns have a special quit tho! Our margin for error is way higher, we have a longer road and quite a bit more peer pressure. Quit with you forever brother
Chewing tobacco number one cause for ugliness.

Offline Athan

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • Addict
« Reply #98 on: March 28, 2020, 06:00:16 AM »
...I look forward to being that “vet” that invests in a newbie and shows them that even though it seems impossible, they too can be quit and free of the Nic bitch.
You already are!! Too cool. I remember feeling that way after Samrs took my call and walked me through filling up the truck with gas, or reading Wildirish's intro. I remember the realization that it really was possible to be free of it forever. Helping others is addictive; it truly is better to give than to receive.
"In the Navy we had morning muster. You never miss muster. You better be dead if you miss. If you are dying, you should have started crawling earlier, no excuse." Olcpo

The Science of Addiction
The Law of Addiction
The Road Called Recovery
My Intro and HOF Speech
Quitters I've met: Cbird, UncleRico, Gregor, KDip, Broccoli-saurus, Croakenhagen, BriagG, Koba, Kodiakdeath, Arrakisdq, McDave, Worktowin, SkolVikings, JGromo, GS9502, PaDutchman, Stillbrewing, A-Aron...
wildirish317
outdoortexan cancer

Offline chris2alaska

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Quit King
  • I Love the Smell of Quit in the Morning
  • Quit Date: January 18, 2018 - Proud Member of the April 2018 Kings and Queen of Quit
  • Interests: Hunting, Fishing, Four-Wheeling, NASCAR, Golf
  • Likes Given: 1612
« Reply #97 on: March 28, 2020, 01:36:07 AM »

Aaron,

Chris
If you want my digits, just ask and they will be yours, but I expect yours in return.

Accountability is a statement of personal promise, both to yourself and to the people around you, to deliver specific defined results.
Brian Dive

Do not be complacent about your achievements and not to strive for continual improvement when you get to the top. As soon as you let success go to your head, you sink into following familiar patterns and play it safe. In other words, you risk losing your edge.
Roy T. Bennett

You need anything, ask.  You feel strong, help.  This quit is for you but we got your back.
wastepanel

Do not let the actions of others determine the direction of YOUR quit.
chris2alaska

There are no dumb questions, just dumb people who ask questions.
Klark

My Intro

My HOF Speech

My Comma Club Speech

HOF - 04/27/2018;   2nd FLOOR - 08/05/2018;   3rd FLOOR - 11/13/2018;   1 YEAR - 01/18/2019;   4th Floor - 02/21/2019;   5th Floor - 06/01/2019;   6th Floor - 09/09/2019;   7th Floor - 12/18/2019;   2 YEARS - 01/18/2020;    8th Floor - 03/27/2020;   9th Floor - 07/05/2020;    Comma Club - 10/13/2020;   3 Years - 01/18/2021;    11th Floor - 01/21/2021;   12th Floor - 05/01/2021;    13th Floor - 08/09/2021;    14th Floor - 11/17/2021;    4 Years - 01/18/2022;    15th Floor - 02/25/2022;     16th Floor - 06/05/2022;    17th Floor - 09/13/2022;     18th Floor - 12/22/2022;     5 Years - 01/18/2023;    19th Floor - 04/01/2023;     2K Double Dangle - 07/10/2023;     21st Floor - 10/18/2023;      6 Years - 01/18/2024;     22nd Floor - 01/26/2024

Offline A-Aron

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quitter
« Reply #96 on: March 27, 2020, 11:20:31 PM »

Albert Camus

Malcom X

My HoF Speech

Offline A-Aron

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quitter
« Reply #95 on: March 19, 2020, 12:47:18 PM »
...It feels amazing that every time I go to the Doctor and they ask if I use tobacco, that I can say no. 8 years I dipped, and 7 of those years I’ve been in the Army, at the doctor, saying yes to tobacco. I feel like a weight is lifted off of me every time I answer no to that question,...
THAT, my boy, is HOF speech material if ever there was any! Hoooah!
Thanks @Athan it truly does feel amazing to say no. Even being able to be working in a profession that normalizes dipping, I can say no and I don’t need it anymore. Thanks for always being in my corner my friend! Here’s to many more days!

Albert Camus

Malcom X

My HoF Speech

Offline Athan

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • Addict
« Reply #94 on: March 19, 2020, 09:54:25 AM »
...It feels amazing that every time I go to the Doctor and they ask if I use tobacco, that I can say no. 8 years I dipped, and 7 of those years I’ve been in the Army, at the doctor, saying yes to tobacco. I feel like a weight is lifted off of me every time I answer no to that question,...
THAT, my boy, is HOF speech material if ever there was any! Hoooah!

The Science of Addiction
The Law of Addiction
The Road Called Recovery
My Intro and HOF Speech
wildirish317
outdoortexan cancer

Offline A-Aron

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quitter
« Reply #93 on: March 19, 2020, 09:42:11 AM »
Day 78

Finally after 3 excruciatingly annoying weeks, I’m back to full health again. It feels amazing that every time I go to the Doctor and they ask if I use tobacco, that I can say no. 8 years I dipped, and 7 of those years I’ve been in the Army, at the doctor, saying yes to tobacco. I feel like a weight is lifted off of me every time I answer no to that question, it’s weird. But anyway, just shy of 3 weeks out from HoF. I’ve been trying to think of what I want to say in my HoF speech, but the words just aren’t there yet. The realization that I’m truly quit from nicotine every damn day just hasn’t really sunken in well enough for me yet. It’s cool to see my March brethren hitting their HoFs finally, and now it’s gonna be time for my April group soon. I want to be more engaged in the group and in new quitters, but idk, I’ve just felt so distant these last 2-3 weeks. I post my promise, and I message my people daily promises, but that’s about it. I haven’t really contributed much to my group or anything. Maybe this funk will change soon, or rather, hopefully this funk will change soon. That’s about it for now, I’ll be back to update before HoF....maybe lol.

Albert Camus

Malcom X

My HoF Speech