Author Topic: The Quit.  (Read 30558 times)

Offline nick-Otine Free

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quitting MoFo
  • LTBE- Quittin since 12/30/20
  • Interests: traveling,Hunting,backpacking, Fully Sending it, working out, reading, God, Motivation
  • Likes Given: 1868
Re: The Quit.
« Reply #45 on: February 26, 2021, 07:56:03 PM »
ekoostik hookah Interstellar livestream They are love tonight for maybe another hour great band if you haven’t heard of them tune in!
I may not be a smart man, but I know what quit is! -Quitest Gump-
     -Don't plan for the future, Quit for today!-
"The way to get started is to (quit) talking and begin doing." Walt Disney
~you cant plan your quit you just have to do it, both feet free fall.~
"Cowards die many times before their deaths, the Valiant never taste of death but once"
Daily Devotional

Offline nick-Otine Free

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quitting MoFo
  • Interests: traveling,Hunting,backpacking, Fully Sending it, working out, reading, God, Motivation
« Reply #44 on: February 24, 2021, 12:13:51 PM »
Nick,

You are right in the throes of your addiction.  Same happened to me around day 53...then again in the 70's.  You have an amazingly positive attitude towards "the shit", and it hasn't gone unrecognized.  When I work with student teachers and new teachers, they almost always have an enthusiastic and positive attitude.  Never lose that enthusiasm Nick.  Never.  It's what will help keep you quit. 

Proud to quit with you today!

-Jeff
Thanks Jeff its a honor to be Quitting with you today! I've always did my best to be positive, well because i figured out you get no where being negative and it does not help any situation get better. The More light in the world during darker hours hopefully pulls someone out of said dark hole in chances of seeing a better life.
Modify message

"Cowards die many times before their deaths, the Valiant never taste of death but once"
Daily Devotional

Offline nick-Otine Free

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quitting MoFo
« Reply #43 on: February 24, 2021, 12:12:33 PM »
Daily Devotional

Offline JeffH4257

• BANNED
  • Quitter
  • Quit Date: 11-15-2020
  • Likes Given: 1031
« Reply #42 on: February 24, 2021, 11:08:40 AM »
Nick,

You are right in the throes of your addiction.  Same happened to me around day 53...then again in the 70's.  You have an amazingly positive attitude towards "the shit", and it hasn't gone unrecognized.  When I work with student teachers and new teachers, they almost always have an enthusiastic and positive attitude.  Never lose that enthusiasm Nick.  Never.  It's what will help keep you quit. 

Proud to quit with you today!

-Jeff

Offline nick-Otine Free

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quitting MoFo
« Reply #41 on: February 24, 2021, 08:41:43 AM »
     Today I woke up again with a headache and a little bit nauseous, 3 days of dealing with this frustration and annoyance. However when I got on roll this morning I seen my fellow Thunder brother @Jeepmoxie  was struggling as well. I can say this, I joined KTC for reasons like these. seeing someone else ,only a day behind in his quit, going through something similar almost immediately toughened my resolve. " Damn Nick he is going through the same shit as well and he is still going don't be a pussy" " Fuck this if he can stay quit I damn sure know I can". Its the Magic of Brotherhood + Accountability that keeps Me quit, If I was going it alone I would be just another guest standing out in the cold looking in.
     As many know, one of the ways i stay quit or distract my craving mind is by listing to motivational stuff on my way to work instead of slinging Hoarse shit in my lip. This is some of the messages I heard today and am applying to my Quit: Self discipline is the ability to want to do something , but do it any way. I may not want to to WUPP, But i do it any way. I may not want to Let people know ill be late to roll, but i do it anyway. I may not have felt comfortable giving out my phone number, but i did it any way. Change your mentality and on the other side there is greatness. YOU can face down everyone including that weak voice inside your own mind.
     If you truly want to achieve something, you got to find ways to put yourself at risk of something great happening. I wanted my freedom so I risked putting myself out there on this site to walk into my great new nicotine free life. I accepted my own responsibility, i see myself as primarily responsible for my outcomes and my experience. I can drink as much of the kool-aid as i want , i must first hold myself to the higher standard of my quit and KTC comes Second to helping me stay quit. Cause and effect exist, if you want to get better at something you need to put in the work. If you want to save your own life you must be willing to face the flames. Lock and load yourself with every tool to get you out of the trenches of nicotine and possible death.
     I dare you to take a stand today, to say " NO MORE". I will no longer Accept this (dip) for my life. I dare you to take action today. I dare you to quit and have KTC keep you Accountable.

Nick-Otine Free- 57 LTBE
« Last Edit: February 24, 2021, 08:48:47 AM by nick-Otine Free »
Daily Devotional

Offline nick-Otine Free

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quitting MoFo
« Reply #40 on: February 22, 2021, 12:43:15 PM »
“You’re off to great Quittin, today is your day. Your Group is waiting, so get on
your way.”

-DR. Seussinquit-
[/b]   https://ktcforum.org/index.php?topic=16943.0 <-----------your June 21 group is here
« Last Edit: February 22, 2021, 12:44:57 PM by nick-Otine Free »
Daily Devotional

Offline nick-Otine Free

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quitting MoFo
« Reply #39 on: February 18, 2021, 12:03:42 PM »
HOLY BALLS 22 GuestSSS ,, GET IN HERE!!!!! May 21 is lonely and needs more quiters only a couple more days for that strong group. WATER IS WARM dive on in and Save YouR lives you wont regret it!
« Last Edit: February 18, 2021, 12:06:34 PM by nick-Otine Free »
Daily Devotional

Offline nick-Otine Free

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quitting MoFo
« Reply #38 on: February 17, 2021, 09:48:23 AM »
     Happy Ash Wednesday everyone! today i am inspired by Romans 12:9-21 if you get a chance google it and apply to your life. soooo Today is day 50 and half way to my HOF. Man has it been a struggle but here a KTC there is such strong frame work it pulls you through some of the dark days. for the First time since i quit im feeling a little better. days 40-50 were days of relief even though i still had my craving and headache sometime the drowsiness, fog , and fatigue were finally gone (i hope for good). drinking the kool-aid was not easy at first i had my whims on how a bunch of strangers on the internet could help me, my pride almost took over. I was skeptical of sharing my number but with a Push from FH and Chris2Alaska i was finally all in and i have not turned back since. What a damn good idea and benefit that has been in saving me in my quit. if i didnt have a brother who (knows the hardship of quiting nicotine) not your loved ones or friends that dont take you serious or think your being dramatic i would probably have caved by now. Having someone to reach out to and having someone who is going to tear you limp to limp for missing role or being late keeps you on track! ive always been a man who honors his word and the guilt i would feel for letting my brothers down would be almost unbearable for me. I know there is a long road ahead, time has slowed as i told a brother today it feels like a lifetime since i last dipped but reality is only 50 days which is crazy. Im proud to call all these mean caring Mofos on this site my brothers and sisters. 50 days of giving myself a shot at freedom. Freedom from hopefully cancer, from worrying about my next dip, from a can. you can make your quit as easy as hard as you want. If you a guest , dont be shy were assholes here for a reason and everyone person here wants to save your life , remember that on your butthurt days! why carry on the rest of your day a nicotine slave? Thanks for all the Love everyone im feelin it and hope one day i can only return the Favor! LTBE 24 hours at a time
« Last Edit: February 17, 2021, 09:54:55 AM by nick-Otine Free »
Daily Devotional

Offline All1n

• Quitter
  • Re-engage.
  • Quit Date: 12/30/20
  • Likes Given: 62
« Reply #37 on: February 07, 2021, 10:41:40 AM »
Had a really hard morning . Woke up craving something aweful! All my mind wanted was a dip! I rolled over and posted my promise right away to help protect my quit. It just stuck there like one of those day dreams that ya can’t get out off. My head dizzy and a longing for a old familiar felt like all 4 walls were closing in on my little by little. In my pain and dismay I sent out some good morning promises to my brothers than went to my home gym and lifted for 2 hours! Which is rare I usually try to do 45 min max, but today I new my quit was wavering and the grind of heavy weights and sweat helped divert my every craving mind . Got done and read my messages feeling a little better I was humbled by my brothers telling me to make sure I reach out of it gets any worse and that I had it! BINGO that’s what KTC is about , any other stoppage I may have caved. Not now , not ever! I made a promise for today, and backed it up with texting messages to my brothers ! And I put in the work when I was triggered ! Feeling better now ! LET Today Be Enough!
Keep putting it out there bud. Its amazing what we go thru to get clean and the best tool to have is phone numbers. It saved my butt more then once and now I am always telling people about it. Proud to be quit with ya bud and as always enjoy following what you write.
thanks man! It helps me and I hope it helps others . This shit ain’t all rainbow and butterflies, it ain’t no boy bad shit. It’s hard , being a addict is not easy and the enemy is always trying to get at us. Understand tools and as my boy @All1n laying it all out on the field ! Is the only way . I try to strengthen my quit everyday! Today was a tough grind your teeth down kinda day but we after it!

Co A is flipping this whole thing on its head. Those urges, not only for the nicbitch, are just a demon trying to seek prey. Smash the edge of your shield right into its grill and move on to the next one.

Offline stillbrewing

• Quit King
  • Quit Date: 12/5/19
  • Likes Given: 1076
« Reply #36 on: February 07, 2021, 09:48:43 AM »
Had a really hard morning . Woke up craving something aweful! All my mind wanted was a dip! I rolled over and posted my promise right away to help protect my quit. It just stuck there like one of those day dreams that ya can’t get out off. My head dizzy and a longing for a old familiar felt like all 4 walls were closing in on my little by little. In my pain and dismay I sent out some good morning promises to my brothers than went to my home gym and lifted for 2 hours! Which is rare I usually try to do 45 min max, but today I new my quit was wavering and the grind of heavy weights and sweat helped divert my every craving mind . Got done and read my messages feeling a little better I was humbled by my brothers telling me to make sure I reach out of it gets any worse and that I had it! BINGO that’s what KTC is about , any other stoppage I may have caved. Not now , not ever! I made a promise for today, and backed it up with texting messages to my brothers ! And I put in the work when I was triggered ! Feeling better now ! LET Today Be Enough!

Fucking awesome.  Nice way to kick that bitch right in the mouth.  I really appreciate that your word to the rest of us is more important than the lies that bitch was whispering to you.  You make my quit so much stronger, just standing up to her!

That a boy Nick.  F* that DB!!  You don't need that shit.  A distinct honor and pleasure to be quit with you today sir.
Keep racking up those WINS! 
"Beginnings are usually scary and endings are usually sad, but it's everything in between that makes all worth living.  So, love the life you live, live the life you love." - Bob Marley

“La tristesse durera toujours." ~ Vincent van Gogh

"You can fuck off all the way to fuckoff mountain and jump off FUCKOFF point for all i care. Just post and stay quit." ~MikeW2018~

HOF-3/13/20; 2nd floor-6/21/20; 3rd floor-9/29/20; 1 year-12/3/20; 4th floor-1/7/21; 5th floor-4/17/21; 6th floor-7/26/21

HOF Speech Here

Offline EXBEARHAG

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 16 July, 2019
  • Likes Given: 825
« Reply #35 on: February 06, 2021, 08:30:15 PM »

Fucking awesome.  Nice way to kick that bitch right in the mouth.  I really appreciate that your word to the rest of us is more important than the lies that bitch was whispering to you.  You make my quit so much stronger, just standing up to her!

That a boy Nick.  F* that DB!!  You don't need that shit.  A distinct honor and pleasure to be quit with you today sir.

Offline Freddi

• Quit Pro
  • Hateful Loner - Dec 2020
  • Quit Date: 8/25/2020
  • Likes Given: 564
« Reply #34 on: February 06, 2021, 07:03:24 PM »

I do not suffer from insanity....I enjoy every moment of it.

My HOF Speech - https://ktcforum.org/index.php?topic=16842.0

Favorite quote:  Deservant of a throat punch.  'bang head'  - bubblehed668

Favorite 'report': This moderator is harassing me not posting every single day. This is ridiculous. - Clueless

Offline nick-Otine Free

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quitting MoFo
« Reply #33 on: February 06, 2021, 06:53:58 PM »
Keep putting it out there bud. Its amazing what we go thru to get clean and the best tool to have is phone numbers. It saved my butt more then once and now I am always telling people about it. Proud to be quit with ya bud and as always enjoy following what you write.
thanks man! It helps me and I hope it helps others . This shit ain’t all rainbow and butterflies, it ain’t no boy bad shit. It’s hard , being a addict is not easy and the enemy is always trying to get at us. Understand tools and as my boy @All1n laying it all out on the field ! Is the only way . I try to strengthen my quit everyday! Today was a tough grind your teeth down kinda day but we after it!
Daily Devotional

Offline Thefranks5

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 3/5/2020
  • Interests: Praising the Lord,tractor pulling for sure, anything to do with farming, hunting and soccer.
  • Likes Given: 220
« Reply #32 on: February 06, 2021, 06:43:50 PM »

Offline nick-Otine Free

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quitting MoFo
« Reply #31 on: February 06, 2021, 06:15:10 PM »
Daily Devotional