Author Topic: Trying to take control back.  (Read 2509 times)

Offline nick-Otine Free

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quitting MoFo
  • LTBE- Quittin since 12/30/20
  • Interests: traveling,Hunting,backpacking, Fully Sending it, working out, reading, God, Motivation
  • Likes Given: 1868
Re: Trying to take control back.
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2021, 07:07:54 AM »
your a week in! king of your quit! shits hard no 2 ways about it. But its worth every single struggle you go through. I never was a BS kinda person , give it to em straight, you got load of mountains to climb. Everyday will be a test as to if your going to buy a can or not. posting roll first thing in the morning helps, but the true power is brotherhood. when you have people counting on you to show up for the day your dont want to let them down. get digits and rage it out on here. the journey of a thousand miles starts with but one step. you made the effort the nicotine is out. but be prepared for 2 years worth of rewiring, small price to pay for 13 years of shit in your lip. I quit with you Ivan.

Nick-287
I may not be a smart man, but I know what quit is! -Quitest Gump-
     -Don't plan for the future, Quit for today!-
"The way to get started is to (quit) talking and begin doing." Walt Disney
~you cant plan your quit you just have to do it, both feet free fall.~
"Cowards die many times before their deaths, the Valiant never taste of death but once"
Daily Devotional

Offline MN_Engineer

• QLAMF ODAAT
  • Administrator
  • Master of Quit
  • Aug '16 Trauma-Tizers
  • Quit Date: 04-25-2016
  • Interests: All things Mopar, Rick and Morty fan, MN Twins for life!
  • Likes Given: 4333
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2021, 01:07:06 PM »
Hey, everyone, I'm Ivan (nick name from practically birth. Long story of a fueding Russian dad and Native American mom.) I quit dipping Cope Nat XLC on October 5th, 2021 after 13 years dipping and being in the ER twice in three days from uncontrollable anxiety. The second ER doctor finally told me If you want to quit visiting me you NEED to reduce your nicotine intake. It's been five days since quitting and the worst five days of my life. Like many people, I found this place through Google because I've never simultaneously slept/not slept, shit and had this much stomach pain/anxiety in my life. After reading a veritable cornucopia of stories, my entire symptom list made complete sense and I'm very comfortable in saying finding this site saved my quit, this morning. I was minutes away from driving to the gas station at 5 in the morning to let my demon get the best of me... Until I googled my symptoms and found this place. Reading all the stories and symptom list put my mind at ease more than it's been since that first day quit. The anxiety, G.I. pain, and general symptoms ebb and flow, but I know now I just need to take it minute-by-minute, day-by-day and it'll eventually get better. I want to thank all the contributors and members for making this place so great and the 1000 times this place will hopefully save my quit. I look forward to taking back control of my mental-state and body. Thank you, all.
Welcome @IvanK!

Almost 2,000 days ago when I posted my introduction, I used the word "hoping" in the title. I was quickly told that you can hope in one hand and shit in the other and see which fills up first. When I saw your intro and the title, it brought me back to that moment in my own quit. We don't "try" here at KTC. We make a daily promise and keep our word one day at a time. As Athan said, you are in control. You determine your destiny. If you want to be quit, make it happen. No hope or luck involved.

You got this man. Use the resources here and on Discord as you muscle through the early minutes/hours/days of your quit. Make a plan and stick to it. Get some candy or seeds or gum and have the tools ready to go when the nic bitch comes knocking.
Quit: 04.25.16 | HOF: 08.02.16 | 2nd FL: 11.10.16 | 3rd FL: 02.18.17 | 4th FL: 05.29.17 | 5th FL: 09.06.17 | 6th FL: 12.15.17 | 7th FL: 03.25.18 |
8th FL: 07.03.18 | 9th FL: 10.11.18 | Comma: 01.19.19 | 11th FL: 04.29.19 | 12th FL: 08.07.19 | 13th FL: 11.15.19 | 14th FL: 02.23.20 |
15th FL: 06.02.20 | 16th FL: 09.10.20 | 17th FL: 12.19.20 | 18th FL: 03.29.21 | 19th FL: 07.07.21 | Comma 2x: 10.15.21 | 21st FL: 01.23.22 |
22nd FL: 05.03.22 | 23rd FL: 08.11.22 | 24th FL: 11.19.22 | 25th FL: 02.27.23 | 26th FL: 06.07.23 | 27th FL: 09.15.23 | 28th FL: 12.24.23 |

"From Skoal to Skol!" My HOF Speech HERE!
"There is no victory without a battle."
"Cave = losing an argument to a dead plant in a plastic can. You are smarter than a dead plant." - Candoit
"The truth is the truth even if no one believes it, and a lie is a lie, even if everyone believes it." - Bishop Fulton J. Sheen

Feel like throwing in the towel? Sign the "Contract to Give Up" HERE
Phat Pauly - Part 1 || Phat Pauly - Part 2 || DeanTheCoot - Pencil Poop

Offline Keith0617

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: October 5, 2018
  • Likes Given: 1633
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2021, 07:01:35 PM »
I look forward to taking back control of my mental-state and body.
And you can. It's all in your hands. You are in control. I've some links in my signature line about addicts and addiction (the sooner that you accept that you're addicted to nicotine the better off you'll be). Educate yourself. Knowledge is power. Ignorance is terribly expensive.
Quitting with you today.
@IvanK glad tho see you on roll. Wake up everyday and post your promise to stay nicotine free first thing every morning . Only worry about quitting one day at a time. We will deal with tomorrow when it gets here. Exchange digits through personal messages. This e relationships will pay huge dividends down the road. Reach out if I can help. 
Jan19

Offline Athan

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • Addict
  • Quit Date: January 1 2018
  • Interests: GodFamilyCountry
  • Likes Given: 1651
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2021, 06:39:16 PM »
I look forward to taking back control of my mental-state and body.
And you can. It's all in your hands. You are in control. I've some links in my signature line about addicts and addiction (the sooner that you accept that you're addicted to nicotine the better off you'll be). Educate yourself. Knowledge is power. Ignorance is terribly expensive.
Quitting with you today.
"I hope you find a thousand reasons to quit today" Rawls
"I can't quit for you. I will quit with you" Ready
"There are two dogs in the fight, which one are you feeding?" SuperDave9000
"In the Navy we had morning muster. You never miss muster. You better be dead if you miss. If you are dying, you should have started crawling earlier, no excuse." Olcpo

The Science of Addiction
The Law of Addiction
The Road Called Recovery
My Intro and HOF Speech
Quitters I've met: Cbird, UncleRico, Gregor, KDip, Broccoli-saurus, Croakenhagen, BriagG, Koba, Kodiakdeath, Arrakisdq, McDave, Worktowin, SkolVikings, JGromo, GS9502, PaDutchman, Stillbrewing, A-Aron...
wildirish317
outdoortexan cancer

Offline IvanK

• Likes Given: 4
Trying to take control back.
« on: October 09, 2021, 04:02:45 PM »
Hey, everyone, I'm Ivan (nick name from practically birth. Long story of a fueding Russian dad and Native American mom.) I quit dipping Cope Nat XLC on October 5th, 2021 after 13 years dipping and being in the ER twice in three days from uncontrollable anxiety. The second ER doctor finally told me If you want to quit visiting me you NEED to reduce your nicotine intake. It's been five days since quitting and the worst five days of my life. Like many people, I found this place through Google because I've never simultaneously slept/not slept, shit and had this much stomach pain/anxiety in my life. After reading a veritable cornucopia of stories, my entire symptom list made complete sense and I'm very comfortable in saying finding this site saved my quit, this morning. I was minutes away from driving to the gas station at 5 in the morning to let my demon get the best of me... Until I googled my symptoms and found this place. Reading all the stories and symptom list put my mind at ease more than it's been since that first day quit. The anxiety, G.I. pain, and general symptoms ebb and flow, but I know now I just need to take it minute-by-minute, day-by-day and it'll eventually get better. I want to thank all the contributors and members for making this place so great and the 1000 times this place will hopefully save my quit. I look forward to taking back control of my mental-state and body. Thank you, all.
A man gets what he wants by doing three things; planning, praying and perspiring.