Author Topic: New Quitter (Multiple Times)  (Read 3022 times)

Offline Zeus

• Quitman
  • Quit King
  • Quit Date: 03-08-2017
  • Likes Given: 430
Re: New Quitter (Multiple Times)
« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2021, 05:16:33 PM »
I actually quit for a year and quit while I was in Iraq but the urge always seemed to come back.  I know that there will be rough days ahead but I know that being clean is better for me that a dip.   :)
Welcome dj.

Yeah, that's the addiction part of the mess we got ourselves into. I used to believe that if I stopped for, say, 6 weeks, it proved I wasn't an addict. That was then. I could stop, but I never could quit. Now I know Never Again For Any Reason.

You will have withdrawals, but saving your life doesn't have to be all that rough. Getting your face hacked off and replaced with part of your ass would be considered rough. You're getting off easy. Keep it that way.
June 2017 Quit Mafia

Offline NavinRJohnson

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quitter
  • Interests: coaching and playing hockey, backpacking, yard games, camping, binge watching tv with the wife, hiking with the dog
  • Likes Given: 6
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2021, 10:05:45 AM »
Hey,
I just posted today, we're in the same group.  Time to finish this once and for all.  Lets go.
Sean
"Stay away from the cans!" - NavinRJohnson in "The Jerk"

Offline Athan

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • Addict
  • Quit Date: January 1 2018
  • Interests: GodFamilyCountry
  • Likes Given: 1652
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2021, 06:16:49 PM »
Welcome aboard. Excellent choice to get busy living. Too many ride the nicotine train - slaves- all the way to the grave. 8 posts on day one is a great start and an indicator that you're serious. It's disheartening to see a post and ghost right from the intro's. There's quite a few veterans in here, myself included (8 years, 10 mos, 26 days attack submarines). Poke around and familiarize yourself with the site - there's a lot of information and a lot to distract you when the craves hit, and they will hit. I've some links in my signature line regarding nicotine and addiction. Educate yourself. Knowledge is power. Ignorance is terribly expensive.
Quitting with you today.
"I hope you find a thousand reasons to quit today" Rawls
"I can't quit for you. I will quit with you" Ready
"There are two dogs in the fight, which one are you feeding?" SuperDave9000
"In the Navy we had morning muster. You never miss muster. You better be dead if you miss. If you are dying, you should have started crawling earlier, no excuse." Olcpo

The Science of Addiction
The Law of Addiction
The Road Called Recovery
My Intro and HOF Speech
Quitters I've met: Cbird, UncleRico, Gregor, KDip, Broccoli-saurus, Croakenhagen, BriagG, Koba, Kodiakdeath, Arrakisdq, McDave, Worktowin, SkolVikings, JGromo, GS9502, PaDutchman, Stillbrewing, A-Aron...
wildirish317
outdoortexan cancer

Offline canofbeans

• Quit Pro
  • (+1 Hidden)
  • Likes Given: 264
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2021, 12:01:55 PM »
Damn, seems you could have over 7 years of quit if you stuck with this place the first time.  Welcome back let's do this for reals this time.  And thank you for your service.
Rebel Rouser (retired)

Offline djkessinger

• Quit Date: 2021-10-18
  • Likes Given: 0
New Quitter (Multiple Times)
« on: October 18, 2021, 11:12:23 AM »
Hello fellow quitters,

I have tried quitting several times and hope this is my last.  I retired from the military after 33 years and dipped off an on throughout my career.  I actually quit for a year and quit while I was in Iraq but the urge always seemed to come back.  I know that there will be rough days ahead but I know that being clean is better for me that a dip.   :)