Author Topic: Back again  (Read 17447 times)

Offline RDB

• Quit Spartan
  • Quit Pro
  • Quit Date 1/22/16
  • Likes Given: 4
Re: Here again for the second time
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2018, 12:53:58 PM »
Welcome back.

Go to you Quit Group, which can be found here: http://forum.killthecan.org/index.php?topic=584.0

Post roll. Be prepared to answer some questions. The questions are designed to get you thinking about your quit, and take it seriously. You have to get past the "sometime it will work" mentality, and make this your Quit.

Never Again For Any Reason!

Offline chaddy08

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 3
Back again
« on: October 01, 2018, 09:57:09 AM »
Well, Here goes again (for the second time). I was here before, years ago. (May 13, 2013 I was on the old forums, made it to Sept. of 2013). had to go and look, but yeah I was here before. I do know I received a coin in the mail and was pretty proud of that. And then I don't know what happened......what has always happened, a relapse turns into full blown dipping a can every few days. I have made it to the 90 day point at least 3 times over the last 27 years that I've been dipping full time (since I was 18). I'll be 45 in a few weeks (on the 15th of October) and I have just decided to give it a go once again. It is different now, I am older, I have a 4 1/2 year old daughter who I want to be around for, I still want to dip, and want to dip quite a bit, but a lot less than I used to, mainly just at night before I go to bed, when I'm away by myself on travel, when I'm on a road trip by myself in my car, those are my triggers, for sure. Kodiak long cut wintergreen is my choice. I've been hooked since I was about 15 or 16, full time since I could buy it when I was 18. I know without a doubt it rules my life, and I want to be free of that. I've said that before......and yet keep coming back to it, but in all my attempts to quit this resource here has been the greatest help, by far, since we ALL are going through the same struggles, some keep with it, some quit quitting (like me) and I suppose some of us come back here again to try once more. Like I have heard before, never, ever stop trying to quit. Sometime it will work, you just have to want it enough.

To add a bit more to my introduction, here is a message I sent to Capital70, who in some regards is much like me, (much like a lot of us, married - to a wife who no doubt doesn't like that we dip at all, with kids, been doing it for years and years), in our 30's or 40's, half of our life left to live (hopefully), and wanting it to be different, so here is the add on to my introduction:

(Oct. 2nd, 2018)

"Thanks Man! I really, really appreciate it! It helps so much to have someone here, a lot of guys actually I can really relate to. I'm about to be 45 (in two weeks, on the 15th), I've been married to my very loving, forgiving, wonderful wife for 19 years, I have 2 daughters (Ella - deceased) and (Emma - 4 1/2). I first tried chew when I was 15 or 16. A kid down the street, who my friend and I used to play basketball with, he was a bit older, 17 or 18 and he let us try some of his Beechnut long cut wintergreen chew - long leaf stuff. My friend and I walked around the block with a big ol' dip in, and I was hooked. My friend threw up but I just got a massive buzz and that night even, I snuck out of my house, went down to his car and stole that shit. He knew I did, and he was ok with it. It's been pretty much full time for me since I was about 18. I was in the Navy for 21 years, retiring in 2016, and all but a few short 3 month periods (on deployment - Submarines!) where I had earlier decided to quit it's been every damn day that I've dipped. I was on here sometime around 2008- 2010 and I did make it to 110-120 days, but that's the longest I have ever gone. I can't explain to anyone why I went back to it, but this time I want it, need it to be different, for myself, for my family, for my health and sanity. It has in every literal sense ruled my world, literally. It may be a different drug than say Heroin or Meth, but I feel fully that the addiction is that strong, absolutely. Thank You again for reaching out!."
« Last Edit: October 02, 2018, 03:08:28 PM by chaddy08 »