Author Topic: * DJF5858 HOF  (Read 2178 times)

Offline DJF5858

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 11/4/2016
  • Likes Given: 2
* DJF5858 HOF
« on: February 27, 2017, 08:42:00 AM »
Roughly 22 years of dipping. Approximately 8,030 days of putting Kodiak wintergreen or Grizzly Wintergreen in my mouth. As of today 2/27/17 115 days quit.

While I am proud of those 115 days it is a drop in the bucket versus the amount of time I let this plant control my life. I see it as winning a battle in during the course of a war. I lied to my wife, my family and to myself for a very long time. The night I flushed my last tin will be forever etched into my memory. I just finished a 25 minute session in the can before bed and my wife was up staring at me when I walked in the bedroom. "You promised you'd quit"....The familiar feeling of getting busted AGAIN hit me. My wife is an amazing person and VERY tough but to the day I die I will never forget what came next. Her voice started to tremble and she started to cry and she said "if you can't do for yourself at least do it for them (my sons) and do it for me.....please". Never in my life have I felt like a bigger failure and piece of garbage. That was 11/4/16, the last day I let that crap control my life. I try not to think of the countless minutes and hours I missed out on with my family and my life because of having to worry about when will I get my next dip in. I can't do that to myself. What I can do is take that new found time and use it. Use it to be with my boys. Use it to sit and watch some TV with my wife and spend the extra time with HER. I can ramble on forever so I will try and make this short and sweet.

I need to thank everyone on this site. I am 100% positive I would not be quit without this place and everyone here. JeffW and Viking, you both called be out when I wasn't posting everyday and for that I will always be eternally grateful. Not posting EDD is by far my biggest regret here. To any newbies that may stumble upon this please take note. If you are her and are quitting POST ROLL EVERY DAMN DAY. It quite honestly may just save your life. I am SO proud to be a member of the COQ and KTC. I am proud to be quit with all of you
Quit Date: 11/4/16
HOF Date: 2/12/17