Author Topic: Day 1 Complete  (Read 19476 times)

Offline Athan

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • Addict
  • Quit Date: January 1 2018
  • Interests: GodFamilyCountry
  • Likes Given: 1651
Re: Day 1 Complete
« Reply #46 on: January 16, 2020, 05:54:18 AM »
20 down three full weeks tomorrow.

....Id say planning a cross country move counts as a pretty big task.

....Since quitting i have been more sociable in leaving the office to chat with people throughout the day or heading to lunch with co-workers and being able to drive without craving a dip.

.....I guess thats the other big thing I have broken myself of and that is having a dip in the car.
These are HUGE. Thanks for taking the time to blog that out. I remember the work stuff distinctly now that you mention it. Don't know what it is about driving that is so connected to nicotine but if there's one common thread for nic addicts that's got to be in the top ten. Good job my man, looks like your path to freedom is solid.
"I hope you find a thousand reasons to quit today" Rawls
"I can't quit for you. I will quit with you" Ready
"There are two dogs in the fight, which one are you feeding?" SuperDave9000
"In the Navy we had morning muster. You never miss muster. You better be dead if you miss. If you are dying, you should have started crawling earlier, no excuse." Olcpo

The Science of Addiction
The Law of Addiction
The Road Called Recovery
My Intro and HOF Speech
Quitters I've met: Cbird, UncleRico, Gregor, KDip, Broccoli-saurus, Croakenhagen, BriagG, Koba, Kodiakdeath, Arrakisdq, McDave, Worktowin, SkolVikings, JGromo, GS9502, PaDutchman, Stillbrewing, A-Aron...
wildirish317
outdoortexan cancer

Offline Bug Guy

• REMF
  • Moderator (Retired)
  • Quit King
  • Just a squirrel trying to get a nut
  • Quit Date: 1-4-19
  • Interests: Buckeye Football, Hunting, Hiking, Hanging with the family
  • Likes Given: 2427
« Reply #45 on: January 16, 2020, 02:10:46 AM »

Tasks completed.  Trying to think.  Id say planning a cross country move counts as a pretty big task.

I've read a lot of people's stories/threads and many of them mentioned that dipping had a social component to it, either with hunting/fishing, golfing or whatever.  I haven't really been around anyone else who dipped for 20 years.  That is helpful to me in the fact that social gatherings aren't a trigger for me like they are for others but at the same time i tended to avoid a lot of them due to the habit and fear of not being able to have a dip.  Since quitting i have been more sociable in leaving the office to chat with people throughout the day or heading to lunch with co-workers and being able to drive without craving a dip.

I guess thats the other big thing I have broken myself of and that is having a dip in the car.  I've caught myself subconsciously spitting the fake stuff out on my way to the car rather than reaching to put one in.  Just got to work on the other situations where i use too much or the fake stuff.

Outside of that today was much like the previous. 

Overall good day today.
You're doing great titus, and congrats on 3 weeks quit! That is stellar! Don't worry too much now on using fake, in time, it too will fade away. Driving was always my weakness, so i feel ya there. But the freedom is great isn't it!? Social gatherings and bonding with coworkers, all without the chains of nic holding you down. Keep at it, it gets so much better!
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

INTRO | HOF SPEECH | HOF WRITEUP
QUIT 1/4/19 HOF 4/13/19 2ND FLOOR 7/22/19 3RD FLOOR 10/30/19 4TH FLOOR 2/7/20 5TH FLOOR 5/17/20 6TH FLOOR 8/25/20 7TH FLOOR 12/3/20 8TH FLOOR 3/13/21 9TH FLOOR 6/21/21 DANGLE FLOOR 9/29/21 11TH FLOOR 1/7/22 12TH FLOOR 4/17/22

Offline titus01

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 12-26-2019
  • Likes Given: 8
« Reply #44 on: January 16, 2020, 12:21:09 AM »

Tasks completed.  Trying to think.  Id say planning a cross country move counts as a pretty big task.

I've read a lot of people's stories/threads and many of them mentioned that dipping had a social component to it, either with hunting/fishing, golfing or whatever.  I haven't really been around anyone else who dipped for 20 years.  That is helpful to me in the fact that social gatherings aren't a trigger for me like they are for others but at the same time i tended to avoid a lot of them due to the habit and fear of not being able to have a dip.  Since quitting i have been more sociable in leaving the office to chat with people throughout the day or heading to lunch with co-workers and being able to drive without craving a dip.

I guess thats the other big thing I have broken myself of and that is having a dip in the car.  I've caught myself subconsciously spitting the fake stuff out on my way to the car rather than reaching to put one in.  Just got to work on the other situations where i use too much or the fake stuff.

Outside of that today was much like the previous. 

Overall good day today. 

Offline Athan

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • Addict
« Reply #43 on: January 15, 2020, 02:01:03 AM »
19 down 20 up

Another day like the previous.  Not much to say.  I have noticed that my time perception has returned to normal. 

Overall another good day.
Good news. Every day without nicotine is a win. Would love to hear about tasks completed with the new found freedom.
"In the Navy we had morning muster. You never miss muster. You better be dead if you miss. If you are dying, you should have started crawling earlier, no excuse." Olcpo

The Science of Addiction
The Law of Addiction
The Road Called Recovery
My Intro and HOF Speech
Quitters I've met: Cbird, UncleRico, Gregor, KDip, Broccoli-saurus, Croakenhagen, BriagG, Koba, Kodiakdeath, Arrakisdq, McDave, Worktowin, SkolVikings, JGromo, GS9502, PaDutchman, Stillbrewing, A-Aron...
wildirish317
outdoortexan cancer

Offline titus01

• Quitter
« Reply #42 on: January 15, 2020, 12:24:29 AM »
19 down 20 up

Another day like the previous.  Not much to say.  I have noticed that my time perception has returned to normal. 

Overall another good day.

Offline titus01

• Quitter
« Reply #41 on: January 14, 2020, 01:33:26 AM »
18 completed, 19 tomorrow.

Not a lot to say today.  The past week has been really similar overall.  Not missing the nicotine at all just getting by with the fake stuff.  Days will start picking up this week as i get ready to move across country. 

Overall today was very much like the prior week.

Offline titus01

• Quitter
« Reply #40 on: January 13, 2020, 12:25:53 AM »
17 down, 18 up.

Got a good nights sleep last night.  Haven't used any of the sleep aids for a bit which is nice.  Didn't workout, which i should have but did drink a ton of water.   

Overall it was another good day.

Offline titus01

• Quitter
« Reply #39 on: January 12, 2020, 12:42:43 AM »
16 days done.  17 tomorrow

Nice relaxing day.  Woke up early, grabbed a nice breakfast and spend the day relaxing in prep for a busy week.  Nothing much else to say.

Overall Good day.

Offline titus01

• Quitter
« Reply #38 on: January 11, 2020, 12:28:11 AM »
You are certainly right about that @Athan.

15 down, 16 up.

Today was very much like the rest of this week.  Slept well last night and felt pretty good all day.  Got a short workout in and drank a fair bit of water. 

Overall Good day and honestly a very good week.  Looking forward to sitting on my ass tomorrow and relaxing. 
« Last Edit: January 11, 2020, 12:32:36 AM by titus01 »

Offline Athan

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • Addict
« Reply #37 on: January 10, 2020, 05:09:34 AM »
14 Days completed, 15 coming up.

Had some tests today, not with my quit but with controlling my temper.  In the middle of planning a move and dealing with the cable/electric companies was a bit trying today.  Never got tempted for a dip but i did notice myself getting a bit short with the people on the other end of the phone.  Other than that got a good nights sleep a good workout, and drank plenty of water.  Looking forward to a more relaxing day tomorrow, maybe even splurging on lunch.

Overall a decent day.
TWO WEEKS is YUGE!! You're crushing it Titus!  It's not that the world got more stupid or incompetent since you quit, it's that you can see much clearer now and the world IS stupid and incompetent!

The Science of Addiction
The Law of Addiction
The Road Called Recovery
My Intro and HOF Speech
wildirish317
outdoortexan cancer

Offline titus01

• Quitter
« Reply #36 on: January 10, 2020, 12:47:31 AM »
14 Days completed, 15 coming up.

Had some tests today, not with my quit but with controlling my temper.  In the middle of planning a move and dealing with the cable/electric companies was a bit trying today.  Never got tempted for a dip but i did notice myself getting a bit short with the people on the other end of the phone.  Other than that got a good nights sleep a good workout, and drank plenty of water.  Looking forward to a more relaxing day tomorrow, maybe even splurging on lunch.

Overall a decent day.

Offline titus01

• Quitter
« Reply #35 on: January 09, 2020, 12:50:24 AM »
13 days completed, 14 tomorrow.

Today was very similar to the rest of the days this week.  Got a good nights sleep last night.  Felt pretty good all day today.  Ate well, got a good workout and drank plenty of water. Still burning through the fake stuff but im accepting the fact that ill get tired of it as well.

Overall good day today.

Offline pab1964

• Family
  • Master of Quit
  • Loving the quit life
  • Interests: God family crappie fishing
  • Likes Given: 85
« Reply #34 on: January 08, 2020, 10:52:48 PM »
Keep on quitting. It’s not easy if it was everyone would quit. Got after a buddy of mine who has been dipping for 30+ years. Sounded just like I use to, I don’t want to quit, it’s not bothering me anyway. Boy was I wrong. Stay with KTC, get plenty of numbers and stay close to the site it helps. Haven’t been in here in awhile but this is where I got my help and then after awhile it really helped me to help others because I remember how foggy and scared I was. Every little sore throat cough toothache, oh no it could be....nothing but of course not what your mind tells. Friends here are hard to beat! ODAAT
Tobacco is so addictive it took me a year after a massive heart attack, in which doctor confirmed caused from dipping to finally put a lid on the bitch! ODAAT EDD

Offline titus01

• Quitter
« Reply #33 on: January 08, 2020, 01:07:34 AM »
12 days completed, 13 coming up.

Today was pretty much the same as yesterday.  Was busy with meetings at work throughout the morning but things slowed up in the afternoon.  Got a decent workout in and kept up with the hydration.

Overall it was a good day.

Offline Keith0617

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: October 5, 2018
  • Likes Given: 1620
« Reply #32 on: January 07, 2020, 01:16:12 AM »
11 days finished, 12 tomorrow.

Good day today.  Not really much to say.  Still using too damn much fake stuff for my liking but I slept fine last night and had a pretty smooth day today.  Was able to get a decent workout in and did well with the hydration.

Overall a good day.
Keep on keepin' on man, you're doing great. Don't worry about the fake. I used cinnamon sticks and I still grab one every now and then. Whatever it takes to stay clean and free.
You will grow tired of the fake as well. It also will not kill you. Just quit ODAAT and let the days add up.
Jan19