Author Topic: The dip can is no longer my ball and chain...  (Read 14226 times)

Offline wastepanel

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Fuck you guys.
    • Scaretissue.com
  • Likes Given: 21
Re: The dip can is no longer my ball and chain...
« Reply #192 on: December 13, 2012, 09:26:00 PM »
Quote from: wastepanel
Quote from: kstampfly
I was told that maybe I should change my overall philosophy now that I caved and not talk so much shit about other people being weak in their quit.  I became that weak person a few days ago but that doesn't mean I am going to change the way I think. A lot of quitters are still here supporting me after my fuckup and a few even thanked me for keeping them quit. I let a great deal of quitters down and it will take awhile to earn their trust again, but I am ready.  I am grateful to them that they even thought to give me a second chance, and to those who want to use my cave as ammunition against me, I'm back to prove you all wrong. I will not dwell on the past because what is done is done. People will continue to call me out and that’s fine. That’s what we are here for right? Accountability is the word and without it we will fail. I can use my past experiences in my new group to help them be successful as well as keep my quit on the right track. I'm back on the saddle motherfuckers so bring it!!
Learn from your past.
Quit for today.
Fuck the future.

You be strong today. You earn that respect every day, every post, and every person that you help.

You are standing at a crossroads of your new "quit". You can be a "returning member" or you can be a "retread".

A returning member comes back and tries to avoid his past. He will abide by the rules when he wants to, but facing why he failed cannot cross his mind because it is painful. He will try to be the person he was before, and get frustrated when he is not accepted in a fashion that he had grown accustomed to.

A retread sees his past as stepping stones. His failure of the past does not effect his quit for today except that he sees it as a tool to get through today. He knows where he took the wrong step, and he makes damn sure that won't happen again. He does everything in his power to protect his quit and to earn the trust of those around him throught his words and actions.

You can do this man.
Yes.

I am bumping my own post because my other quote is what traveled forward.

I said this yesterday, And I stand by it today.

Quitting is hard but it is damn near impossible if you can't face yourself.

You can do this. I will help.
In the end I Surrender, I and I alone accept that I have and always will have a Nicotene ADDICTION. It is my choice to quit, but I can't do it alone. I get to go down this path one time, I want to do it right. I recognize that my word, my integrety to you is on the line and is only as good as my actions. Caving is not an option in this plan-Eafman 7/11

I am not cured. I will quit one day at a time. I will continue to do what works. Posting roll everyday. To do otherwise would be foolish on my part. You can do this-Ready 12/11

To overcome your addiction you must comprehend what it means to fail-Razd 3/12

Theres a lot of people that come here, especially vets, that WANT to be reminded that they are addicts.-Tarpon 6/12

Just as a building starts with architectural drawings. Your daily quit begins with a promise.-Scowick 2/13

Here and now, focused on today, minute by minute, whatever it takes, I promise to all my bros and myself not to become a negative stat and stay quit!-krok 1/15

I want everyone to be quit. Even the assholes.-Probe1957 1/18

Ignoring history or erasing history fixes nothing and leads you inevitably down the same path.-69franx 04/30/2021

Offline loot

• BANNED
  • Master of Quit
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #191 on: December 13, 2012, 09:15:00 PM »
Quote from: ERDVM
I am going to speak my mind a little bit and you can interpret how you want. I caved four days ago, its done, its over, do not pass go, do not collect 200 dollars.  You caved Saturday.  Posted a day 1 Monday.  Today is day 3 not 4

Before that incident I posted every fucking day for 140 days. 100% not a single day missed. There is not a great deal of people who have done that. I have.  Tsmith has. Bird has. 30 has. Coach Steve has. 2 mch has. Bruce has. Beast has. Morgan has. Swede has. Eric has. kdip has. J2B has. lbj has. Roam has. Wt has. Nolaq has. keddy has. mthomas has. Roam has. Grizzly has, Suds has. Kana has. Cmark has. Gmann has. Mjollnir has. FLuke has.  ALL people you thanked in your HOF.  Actually, a great deal have and do everyday Fly. Actually, you had a great deal of 100% posters supporting you.  That is...until your absolute betrayal of trust.

In my eyes missing a day of roll should be just as bad as caving and a taking a dip right? Maybe you should have spent a little more time on here last weekend when there was a huge discussion re: Posting Roll Post HOF.

Apparently not. There are no excuses for caving but always excuses for missing roll. We have this thing in the military that we call "double standards". This means that some things are enforced to be done a certain way but those enforcing it can bend the rules. Not a good way to do business. There are HOF'ers out here that are subpar posters but fuck me for taking a single dip in those 140 days.
Fuck ME for thinking you had the nuts to call/text one of the many contacts you had, before "getting soooo drunk that you accidentally stuffed some cancer in your lip".

Just saying. If this is the foundation of the site then maybe we need to spend more time holding people accountable for posting roll.   
Accountability is a 2-way street Fly.  Im sure you learned that in the military.  I'm pretty sure if a grunt under your command straight betrayed his unit, and then lied about his actions to the very people there to support him....you would be very bitter and angry.  Maybe that Judas would need a reminder about personal integrity and Team responsibility?

Instead of more than a week of missing roll before getting kicked out how about make it 2 days? Might get some people fired up but if you really want to be here you will do it. 
The foundation of the site is posting your promise, and keeping it, daily. Missing roll is a big red flag, but Fly, what should be done to those that lie about their post?  Who, not only break their word, but then sequentially lie about it for the next 2 days?

“Children have a lesson adults should learn, to not be ashamed of failing, but to get up and try again. Most of us adults are so afraid, so cautious, so 'safe,' and therefore so shrinking and rigid and afraid that it is why so many humans fail. Most middle-aged adults have resigned themselves to failure.” 
Awesome words.  Very fitting.  I am middle-aged, and I have 4 kids.  We discuss the normalcy of fear and what bravery means.  We also discuss "what is right".  Questions about speaking up for those less fortunate, never being too busy that they can't help someone in need, AND being HONEST.  Honest about your abilities, your fears, your actions, and your REactions. I have fear.  I am a lying, hypocritical addict.  I have demons that swirl in my fucked up head.  There are times when my ability to protect my house, my family, and my life seem to be spiraling out of control.  BUT - I will always have the choice to choose How I react to Life.  Like choosing whether I am going to keep my word.

I find this quote very liberating and it gives me motivation to do better this time around, to brush myself off and get back on the horse. I am not going to lose my cockiness because that helped to get me to the 140 day mark, it was a bad decision that took it all away. 
I love pie.  All kinds of pie: pumpkin, apple, keylime, chocolate, pineapple; however, HUMBLE PIE is the hardest for me eat.  In fact, it tastes like a bucket of ass. Maybe you Fly, should try a little.  Cockiness got you 140 days.  I would suggest your goal be TODAY. 

For those who gave me a second chance and decided to support me in March I owe it to you to be even more bad ass than the last time.
Fly, you owe it to yourself to quit TODAY.  I love the fire in you.  Be careful that you don't extinguish yourself.  No one is asking you to be cocky or gregarious or witty, we expect you to place your name on roll and KEEP your word. Period

For those that just want to make yourself feel better because you haven't caved yet, keep living outside of reality because all it takes is one and I am proof. I still have a long road ahead of me but it is day 4 today and I am QLAFM.
I think it is safe to say that NOONE who has responded to you regarding your cave "feels better" because we haven't caved "yet". Although, I do feel good that I have not caved today.  If I wake up tomorrow I will strap on the boots and get to quitting again.  We KNOW it just takes one. I remind myself of that everyday when I post roll.  YOU knew that as well.  YOU decided to betray your brothers.  YOU decided to LIE about it.

Last suggestion, You should apologize to Waste and beg him for any insight about the retread process.  Your prior quit brother Per, would also benefit you.  However, that would take require QLSWNRTTIFR (Quitting like someone who now realizes that this is for real). 

Vadge.  Disappointed and betrayed, still quit, feeling good, and "haven't caved yet"
Oh wow. Just wow. A complete dissection of addict bullshit. Absolutely classic...and so very, very true. Thank you both. Even after 2750+ days of this ol LOOT still scowers the halls looking for that nugget, that one gem that will keep him grounded. This is it guys. You've managed to nail 95% of how addicts work..both active and recovering in a single post. This is a must read for everyone on this site. Holy hell...LOOT got him some damned goose bumps up in here. Can't fuckin wait to post Roll Call in the morning.

Thanks again...to you both. This is why we came here. This is why we stay here. This is why this place was built.

NEVER AGAIN...FOR ANY REASON.

Offline 30yraddict

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Feb 13, 2011
  • Likes Given: 67
« Reply #190 on: December 13, 2012, 08:50:00 PM »
Own your failure with humility. No comparison to others is necessary, or helpful. This is YOUR quit, nobody else's. Take your anger at yourself and use it to fuel your quit. Take it and use it to build a fortress around your quit.

Take your lumps with humility.

Then take back your life with ferocity.

Never again

Offline bigwhitebeast

• Quitting MoFo
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #189 on: December 13, 2012, 07:40:00 PM »
And I would have to say that posting a false roll in your previous month would qualify for missing roll because technically you should have been posting in a different month.

Don't want to get in a pissing match with you Kevin but seriously the sooner you realize that you and only you fucked up and gave in to your addiction the sooner you will be able to recover and get back on that track.

To say you are going to be more badass than last time, what does that mean? You gonna make it all the way to 160 days this go around? Cockiness didn't keep you quit for 140 days, actually cockiness was what killed your quit.

You are right it could happen to anyone, but it's more likely to happen to you again than it is to happen to me, you can take that to the bank. If you don't agree with that statement just prove me wrong, that is my little challenge to you.

Just stop with the justifications and the finger pointing towards other cavers and shitty roll posters, not sure where you have been but shitty roll posters get beat up too. Just worry about yourself and your quit, get off your fucking high horse and just get back on the horse already!

I can't stand when people utilize the "if I make you look bad then I look better" mentality, it doesn't work, you just look like a bigger ass. Your previous support network that stood by you for 140 days is withering away, you turning your back? Or are you gonna grow up, be a man and admit that YOU fucked up and only YOU can fix this?

Offline ERDVM

• Quitting MoFo
  • Interests: Cold Beer, Warm Whiskey, Good Friends, Loose Women.
« Reply #188 on: December 13, 2012, 07:35:00 PM »
I am going to speak my mind a little bit and you can interpret how you want. I caved four days ago, its done, its over, do not pass go, do not collect 200 dollars. You caved Saturday. Posted a day 1 Monday. Today is day 3 not 4

Before that incident I posted every fucking day for 140 days. 100% not a single day missed. There is not a great deal of people who have done that. I have. Tsmith has. Bird has. 30 has. Coach Steve has. 2 mch has. Bruce has. Beast has. Morgan has. Swede has. Eric has. kdip has. J2B has. lbj has. Roam has. Wt has. Nolaq has. keddy has. mthomas has. Roam has. Grizzly has, Suds has. Kana has. Cmark has. Gmann has. Mjollnir has. FLuke has. ALL people you thanked in your HOF. Actually, a great deal have and do everyday Fly. Actually, you had a great deal of 100% posters supporting you. That is...until your absolute betrayal of trust.

In my eyes missing a day of roll should be just as bad as caving and a taking a dip right? Maybe you should have spent a little more time on here last weekend when there was a huge discussion re: Posting Roll Post HOF.

Apparently not. There are no excuses for caving but always excuses for missing roll. We have this thing in the military that we call "double standards". This means that some things are enforced to be done a certain way but those enforcing it can bend the rules. Not a good way to do business. There are HOF'ers out here that are subpar posters but fuck me for taking a single dip in those 140 days.
Fuck ME for thinking you had the nuts to call/text one of the many contacts you had, before "getting soooo drunk that you accidentally stuffed some cancer in your lip".

Just saying. If this is the foundation of the site then maybe we need to spend more time holding people accountable for posting roll.
Accountability is a 2-way street Fly. Im sure you learned that in the military. I'm pretty sure if a grunt under your command straight betrayed his unit, and then lied about his actions to the very people there to support him....you would be very bitter and angry. Maybe that Judas would need a reminder about personal integrity and Team responsibility?

Instead of more than a week of missing roll before getting kicked out how about make it 2 days? Might get some people fired up but if you really want to be here you will do it.
The foundation of the site is posting your promise, and keeping it, daily. Missing roll is a big red flag, but Fly, what should be done to those that lie about their post? Who, not only break their word, but then sequentially lie about it for the next 2 days?

“Children have a lesson adults should learn, to not be ashamed of failing, but to get up and try again. Most of us adults are so afraid, so cautious, so 'safe,' and therefore so shrinking and rigid and afraid that it is why so many humans fail. Most middle-aged adults have resigned themselves to failure.”
Awesome words. Very fitting. I am middle-aged, and I have 4 kids. We discuss the normalcy of fear and what bravery means. We also discuss "what is right". Questions about speaking up for those less fortunate, never being too busy that they can't help someone in need, AND being HONEST. Honest about your abilities, your fears, your actions, and your REactions. I have fear. I am a lying, hypocritical addict. I have demons that swirl in my fucked up head. There are times when my ability to protect my house, my family, and my life seem to be spiraling out of control. BUT - I will always have the choice to choose How I react to Life. Like choosing whether I am going to keep my word.

I find this quote very liberating and it gives me motivation to do better this time around, to brush myself off and get back on the horse. I am not going to lose my cockiness because that helped to get me to the 140 day mark, it was a bad decision that took it all away.
I love pie. All kinds of pie: pumpkin, apple, keylime, chocolate, pineapple; however, HUMBLE PIE is the hardest for me eat. In fact, it tastes like a bucket of ass. Maybe you Fly, should try a little. Cockiness got you 140 days. I would suggest your goal be TODAY.

For those who gave me a second chance and decided to support me in March I owe it to you to be even more bad ass than the last time.
Fly, you owe it to yourself to quit TODAY. I love the fire in you. Be careful that you don't extinguish yourself. No one is asking you to be cocky or gregarious or witty, we expect you to place your name on roll and KEEP your word. Period

For those that just want to make yourself feel better because you haven't caved yet, keep living outside of reality because all it takes is one and I am proof. I still have a long road ahead of me but it is day 4 today and I am QLAFM.
I think it is safe to say that NOONE who has responded to you regarding your cave "feels better" because we haven't caved "yet". Although, I do feel good that I have not caved today. If I wake up tomorrow I will strap on the boots and get to quitting again. We KNOW it just takes one. I remind myself of that everyday when I post roll. YOU knew that as well. YOU decided to betray your brothers. YOU decided to LIE about it.

Last suggestion, You should apologize to Waste and beg him for any insight about the retread process. Your prior quit brother Per, would also benefit you. However, that would take require QLSWNRTTIFR (Quitting like someone who now realizes that this is for real).

Vadge. Disappointed and betrayed, still quit, feeling good, and "haven't caved yet"

Offline lbj

• Quitter
« Reply #187 on: December 13, 2012, 07:17:00 PM »
Quote from: Mike17
Less Drama

More Quit

-Mike
Summed up beautifully
Take away,take away... take away this ball and chain

Offline J2b

• Admin (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
    • May 11
  • Quit Date: 01/23/2011
  • Likes Given: 239
« Reply #186 on: December 13, 2012, 06:51:00 PM »
The minute you accept failure as anything other than that, you lose. Not saying give up, or not to learn a lesson, but accepting failure - especially when its life and death- is the surest way to failure. You didn't cave because you got drunk. You caved because you have not accepted that there is no magic cure for addiction, and it will take guarding your quit and guts to not go back to the can. Just cause you posted roll doesn't mean shit, unless you have the integrity to back that promise up.

By posting roll, you are promising everyone on this site that no matter what happens, you will not go back to the can. Drunk, break up, death, party, bad day at work - nothing. You don't get it, or you think this is something else.

Get back on your house and quit. Don't quit to prove us wrong, our because you want to prove your way works. No one gives a shit. Quit for you. Quit to save your life.

The rest its just noise, and you are being really fucking loud.
The problem is not the problem.  The problem is your attitude about the problem.  Do you understand?

Draw Fire

If its too much trouble to post roll call, you could always fuck off.

Quit Group: May 11 3 Balled Quitters

• Quit: 01/23/11

Offline Mike17

• Quitter
« Reply #185 on: December 13, 2012, 06:42:00 PM »
Less Drama

More Quit

-Mike
"Remember that anyone can dip but only bad motherfuckers can quit." - Morgan1

"But..anyways..whatever Mike and his polar bear said, i'd do it." - P23

DAMN IT FEELS GOOD TO BE A QUITTER.

Offline cbird65

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Own it or be OWNED by it
  • Quit Date: 12-31-2011
  • Interests: trying to follow in His footsteps, loving my bride and renewing my quit daily
  • Likes Given: 593
« Reply #184 on: December 13, 2012, 06:26:00 PM »
First this is a NO NIC site - so paralleling posting to caving doesn't hold water.

While I agree everyone here should be posting 100% but that's like asking the government to have a balanced budget, not over spend and not waste our money they collect from us.

I've posted every day I've been a member here but that and $4.00 will get me a cup of coffee.

If you want to go back to the can, then do so but you want to be quit then quit this silly ass bitching and get to it.

It ain't personal, it's about the quit!!
Believe Me

FLOOR 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ,11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19,, 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29,,, 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39
 ,,,,41 42 43 44

Assurance

Offline kstampfly

• Quitter
    • http:
« Reply #183 on: December 13, 2012, 06:13:00 PM »
I am going to speak my mind a little bit and you can interpret how you want. I caved four days ago, its done, its over, do not pass go, do not collect 200 dollars. Before that incident I posted every fucking day for 140 days. 100% not a single day missed. There is not a great deal of people who have done that. In my eyes missing a day of roll should be just as bad as caving and a taking a dip right? Apparently not. There are no excuses for caving but always excuses for missing roll. We have this thing in the military that we call "double standards". This means that some things are enforced to be done a certain way but those enforcing it can bend the rules. Not a good way to do business. There are HOF'ers out here that are subpar posters but fuck me for taking a single dip in those 140 days. Just saying. If this is the foundation of the site then maybe we need to spend more time holding people accountable for posting roll. Instead of more than a week of missing roll before getting kicked out how about make it 2 days? Might get some people fired up but if you really want to be here you will do it.

I find this quote very liberating and it gives me motivation to do better this time around, to brush myself off and get back on the horse. I am not going to lose my cockiness because that helped to get me to the 140 day mark, it was a bad decision that took it all away. For those who gave me a second chance and decided to support me in March I owe it to you to be even more bad ass than the last time. For those that just want to make yourself feel better because you haven't caved yet, keep living outside of reality because all it takes is one and I am proof. I still have a long road ahead of me but it is day 4 today and I am QLAFM.
Quit Group:
June 2022 No Lip Turd Herd

Quit Date:  13 March 2022
HOF Date:  20 June 2022

Offline Bruce

• Quit Pro
    • www.facebook.com
  • Quit Date: 2011-11-21
  • Interests: Long walks on the beach, cuddling up next to that special someone in front of a fire, just watching the sunset, and titty bars.
« Reply #182 on: December 13, 2012, 12:09:00 AM »
Out of everything that I have read here so far the one thing that stuck out to me was written by Kdip. He didn't drag on and on about MY Cave instead he spoke in the wise Kdip fashion. This is what he said "Kstamp, U FUCKED UP But you can't go back and change what is now in the past! Now dig yourself out of the hole you put yourself in and learn from your mistakes!!! I challenge you to become the most dedicated and supportive quitter on this site!!!" Kdip I accept your challenge and thank you for your words of support. See you quitters on roll. Kstampfly out
But fuck everyone else's support right? Well you said that before when you caved...

Whatever man, just stay quit
Quit date: 11/21/11
HOF date: 2/28/12
Comma date: 8/16/14
It's a freedom thing

Caving is NOT an option

-"Now I can walk through walls and my quit can talk to god. That's right. Crazy voodoo magic quit" Souliman

-'Stop being a pussy and quit' Tarpon17

-"this is the gheyest place on earth, if you say it in here it might become someones signature" Bigwhitebeast

- "We Quit Like Fuck" - Coach Steve

Offline kstampfly

• Quitter
    • http:
« Reply #181 on: December 12, 2012, 11:26:00 PM »
Out of everything that I have read here so far the one thing that stuck out to me was written by Kdip. He didn't drag on and on about MY Cave instead he spoke in the wise Kdip fashion. This is what he said "Kstamp, U FUCKED UP But you can't go back and change what is now in the past! Now dig yourself out of the hole you put yourself in and learn from your mistakes!!! I challenge you to become the most dedicated and supportive quitter on this site!!!" Kdip I accept your challenge and thank you for your words of support. See you quitters on roll. Kstampfly out
Quit Group:
June 2022 No Lip Turd Herd

Quit Date:  13 March 2022
HOF Date:  20 June 2022

Offline Bruce

• Quit Pro
    • www.facebook.com
  • Quit Date: 2011-11-21
  • Interests: Long walks on the beach, cuddling up next to that special someone in front of a fire, just watching the sunset, and titty bars.
« Reply #180 on: December 12, 2012, 10:44:00 PM »
Quote from: Remshot
Quote from: magnum9
Quote from: T-Cell
Quote from: jost2brown
Quote from: 30isEnuff
Quote from: Kubiak
I was told that maybe I should change my overall philosophy now that I caved and not talk so much shit about other people being weak in their quit.  I became that weak person a few days ago but that doesn't mean I am going to change the way I think. A lot of quitters are still here supporting me after my fuckup and a few even thanked me for keeping them quit. I let a great deal of quitters down and it will take awhile to earn their trust again, but I am ready.  I am grateful to them that they even thought to give me a second chance, and to those who want to use my cave as ammunition against me, I'm back to prove you all wrong. I will not dwell on the past because what is done is done. People will continue to call me out and that’s fine. That’s what we are here for right? Accountability is the word and without it we will fail. I can use my past experiences in my new group to help them be successful as well as keep my quit on the right track. I'm back on the saddle motherfuckers so bring it!!
1 dip in 160+ days is sure better than dipping everyday!

You're quit bro and thats all that matters as long as you stay that way.
I do not agree.

Yes. 1 dip in 160+ days is better than dipping everyday, but it means there is a giant chip in your armor.

It is an excuse to use when you just don't feel like quitting (and there are times when that happens). I've been there and I've done that. You know where I ended up? Back at the bottom of the can. It took 4 months to go from "1 once in a while won't hurt" to "chewing all the fucking time".

It's a slippery slope, and we are addicts.

We have proven we can't use "on occasion".

If we could, we wouldn't be here.
Four years ago, before I googled "HOW TO QUIT SMOKELESS TOBACCO", I quit when I got married, quit for like a year. Then one weekend I visited my friends and I had a few dips. Then I went home, and I didn't dip. I thought I was still quit. Well next weekend I found an excuse to hang out with some other friends, and had a few dips. I went back to being quit again. I think it was the third time I did that, when the can followed me home and I became a dipper instead of a quitter. Thank God I have KTC this time, for these reminders to be quit and stay quit.
hey kstampfly,
I'm an addict and you're an addict. You gotta change something, cause something wasn't working....you didn't reach out. You were not quit, you were experiencing a stoppage.
You know the rules and you know it is time to apply these rules to your other addictions. You can be that sober and nic free man! I know that YOU can!
As for talking trash about others...focus on the postitive...take what you need, give what you can and leave the drama for the queens. Postitive trumps negative in every walk of life!
You made it 160 days. that is great. But how do you know if taking one more dip (cave) is not going to give you cancer? Do you really want to be the guy wishing he had some more years instead of dying from a nic related disease?
It isn't easy...I know this for a fact. I have great daze, okay daze and shit daze at day 202. So goes my life as an addict of nicotine. But I'm really living now and not in a stupid haze of a high from nic. I can see and hear life now. I can feel it.
Do what you gotta do Mr. kstampfly to "not" put the poison in your mouth. Learn to dispise/hate nic of all forms. You can and this thought process will be powerful for you.
Accountability and Availability are important. I have Fred, MikeA and Wade available to me if I decide to dip. They are my Angels of Life! They are perfect strangers and perfect saviors to me.
I understand you have some Angels also. Don't take them for granted Mr. kstampfly and they won't take you for granted.
Be Quit every a.m. the earlier the better. keep your word to yourself, get to bed, wake and repeat. 'bang head'
Nothing long and fancy from me, just 5 words:

NEVER AGAIN. FOR ANY REASON.
I'm with J2B on this one, never again. You job is to figure out how to ensure that for yourself...
Must disrespectfully disagree with those suggesting 160 days is great.

IT IS NOT

Today is great.
160 Yesterdays means nothing if you fail at today.

I quit today, no matter how many yesterdays of quit I have.
Failure is failure.

Puffing your chest out in defiance just shows that you still don't get it.

That's a shame.
I've kept quiet about this, butt fuck it....wait, what?

Anyhow, maybe they're right...maybe it was your tough guy persona that got you in the end?

kstamp, I'm still hurt by your actions. I think you should kill the strong bullshit and let everyone know that you're weak, you had a weak moment and you didn't know how to deal with it. At the end of the day, that means you didn't learn from your mistake. Ask crockett...I only forgive once
Quit date: 11/21/11
HOF date: 2/28/12
Comma date: 8/16/14
It's a freedom thing

Caving is NOT an option

-"Now I can walk through walls and my quit can talk to god. That's right. Crazy voodoo magic quit" Souliman

-'Stop being a pussy and quit' Tarpon17

-"this is the gheyest place on earth, if you say it in here it might become someones signature" Bigwhitebeast

- "We Quit Like Fuck" - Coach Steve

Offline Remshot

• Admin (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • The One
  • Quit Date: January 23, 2006
  • Interests: Family
  • Likes Given: 10
« Reply #179 on: December 12, 2012, 10:28:00 PM »
Quote from: magnum9

I do not agree.

Yes. 1 dip in 160+ days is better than dipping everyday, but it means there is a giant chip in your armor.

It is an excuse to use when you just don't feel like quitting (and there are times when that happens). I've been there and I've done that. You know where I ended up? Back at the bottom of the can. It took 4 months to go from "1 once in a while won't hurt" to "chewing all the fucking time".

Four years ago, before I googled "HOW TO QUIT SMOKELESS TOBACCO", I quit when I got married, quit for like a year. Then one weekend I visited my friends and I had a few dips. Then I went home, and I didn't dip. I thought I was still quit. Well next weekend I found an excuse to hang out with some other friends, and had a few dips. I went back to being quit again. I think it was the third time I did that, when the can followed me home and I became a dipper instead of a quitter. Thank God I have KTC this time, for these reminders to be quit and stay quit.
hey kstampfly,
I'm an addict and you're an addict. You gotta change something, cause something wasn't working....you didn't reach out. You were not quit, you were experiencing a stoppage.
You know the rules and you know it is time to apply these rules to your other addictions. You can be that sober and nic free man! I know that YOU can!
As for talking trash about others...focus on the postitive...take what you need, give what you can and leave the drama for the queens. Postitive trumps negative in every walk of life!
You made it 160 days. that is great. But how do you know if taking one more dip (cave) is not going to give you cancer? Do you really want to be the guy wishing he had some more years instead of dying from a nic related disease?
It isn't easy...I know this for a fact. I have great daze, okay daze and shit daze at day 202. So goes my life as an addict of nicotine. But I'm really living now and not in a stupid haze of a high from nic. I can see and hear life now. I can feel it.
Do what you gotta do Mr. kstampfly to "not" put the poison in your mouth. Learn to dispise/hate nic of all forms. You can and this thought process will be powerful for you.
Accountability and Availability are important. I have Fred, MikeA and Wade available to me if I decide to dip. They are my Angels of Life! They are perfect strangers and perfect saviors to me.
I understand you have some Angels also. Don't take them for granted Mr. kstampfly and they won't take you for granted.
Be Quit every a.m. the earlier the better. keep your word to yourself, get to bed, wake and repeat. 'bang head'

I'm with J2B on this one, never again. You job is to figure out how to ensure that for yourself...

IT IS NOT

Today is great.

Failure is failure.

Puffing your chest out in defiance just shows that you still don't get it.

That's a shame.
QSXtreme

Quit -1/23/06
HOF -5/02/06 May 2006 Drama Queens

Proverbs 18:2

"A fool takes no pleasure in understanding, but only in expressing his opinion."

A Quit Plan: Do you have one?

CLOSE THE DOOR. In my opinion, it?s the single most important step in your final quit. There is one moment, THE moment, when you finally let go and surrender to the quit.
After that moment, no temptation will be great enough, no lie persuasive enough to make you commit suicide by using tobacco. SportDad 1/13/05

Warm summer sun, shine kindly here;
Warm southern wind, blow softly here;
Green sod above, lie light, lie light.-
Good-night, dear heart, good-night.

Be silly, be honest, be kind

Offline magnum9

• Quit Pro
« Reply #178 on: December 12, 2012, 04:33:00 PM »

I do not agree.

hey kstampfly,

IT IS NOT

Today is great.