Author Topic: Day one  (Read 27569 times)

Offline ChickDip

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • July 2015 Jackals
    • HOF speech
  • Quit Date: 3/30/2015
  • Interests: (July2015 Quit Group) ((7-07-2015 100 days)) ....Quit Day March 30.... Fish Slaying, Hunting, Camping, Hiking, Mtn Biking, Cooking, Sammich-making, Poker, movies, watching Pro Baseball, anything outdoors
  • Likes Given: 2012
Re: Day one
« Reply #136 on: March 28, 2020, 01:20:00 PM »
Fantastic Hall of Fame speech, Olcpo!!!!   :-*

'Bow'
Yes I read it yesterday too. Great words olcpo!
July 2015 Jackals - House of WUPP
"....the load doesn't weigh me down at all, he ain't heavy he's my brother"
Try to believe that you are worth more than you think, and others are worth more than you think.
"If you haven't... Quit now......If you have... Stay that way " ~AppleJack
"Make It Through Today" WarE2013 (Rest Easy)
"I am quit... for today... with you... but not FOR you" ~LBP
"Endeavor to Persevere!" Lone Waite

my intro / my HOF speech / my comma club
Building a Strong Quit / My HOF Day

Offline FLLipOut

• Master of Quit
  • Lady Arsonist
  • Quit Date: 07/22/16
  • Likes Given: 2555
« Reply #135 on: March 27, 2020, 05:32:06 PM »
Fantastic Hall of Fame speech, Olcpo!!!!   :-*

'Bow'
Just one and you will be back to where you started, and where you started was desperately wishing you were where you are now.
"The best way out is always through." - Robert Frost
"I can't carry it for you, but I can carry you!" - Samwise Gamgee
HOF: 10.29.16 | FL 2: 02.06.17 | FL 3: 05.17.17 | Y1: 07.22.17 | FL 4: 08.25.17 | FL 5: 12.03.17 | FL 6: 03.13.18 | FL 7: 06.21.18 | Y2: 07.22.18 | FL 8: 09.29.18 | FL 9: 01.07.19 | COMMA , : 04.17.19 | Y3: 07.22.19 | FL 11: 07.26.19 | FL 12: 11.03.19 | FL 13: 02.11.20 | FL 14: 05.21.20 | Y4: 07.22.20 | FL 15: 08.29.20  | FL 16: 12.07.20 | FL 17: 03.17.21 | FL 18: 06.25.21 | Y5: 07.22.21 | FL 19: 06.25.21 | FL 20 ,, : 01.11.22 | FL 21: 04.21.22 | Y6: 07.22.22 | FL 22: 07.30.22 | FL 23: 11.07.22 | FL 24: 02.15.23 | FL 25: 05.26.23 | Y7: 07.22.23 | FL 26: 09.03.23 | FL 27: 12.12.23 | FL 28: 03.21.24

Offline Athan

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • Addict
  • Quit Date: January 1 2018
  • Interests: GodFamilyCountry
  • Likes Given: 1651
« Reply #134 on: March 11, 2020, 08:18:26 PM »
... I found a small box of matches from the tobacco shop...
A fitting end indeed. Those who would chastise you for 'playing with fire' have never smelt burning pine needles. Glad you're still with us.
"I hope you find a thousand reasons to quit today" Rawls
"I can't quit for you. I will quit with you" Ready
"There are two dogs in the fight, which one are you feeding?" SuperDave9000
"In the Navy we had morning muster. You never miss muster. You better be dead if you miss. If you are dying, you should have started crawling earlier, no excuse." Olcpo

The Science of Addiction
The Law of Addiction
The Road Called Recovery
My Intro and HOF Speech
Quitters I've met: Cbird, UncleRico, Gregor, KDip, Broccoli-saurus, Croakenhagen, BriagG, Koba, Kodiakdeath, Arrakisdq, McDave, Worktowin, SkolVikings, JGromo, GS9502, PaDutchman, Stillbrewing, A-Aron...
wildirish317
outdoortexan cancer

Offline EXBEARHAG

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 16 July, 2019
  • Likes Given: 825
« Reply #133 on: March 10, 2020, 10:34:25 PM »
Day 105 - Digging around in the shop yesterday, I found a brand new pouch of pipe tobacco and one of my old pipes rat holed in the back of my soldering/electronics drawer. I literally jerked my hand back, dropping the pouch as if it were a snake, when I first found it. I sat down and stared at it lying there, lurking, waiting. Got up went outside, drawer still open, pondered the universe and why it showed up now. Looked at the corner of the barn where a rake was leaning, walked over and started raking up pine needles and cones. Had a pile about the size of a hay bale. Went back into the shop, drawer still open, pouch on top, I found a small box of matches from the tobacco shop, picked up the pouch and walked out to the pile. Opened the pouch, sprinkled it across the top of the pine needle pile and lit the pile on fire. No smelling (I used to love the smell of fresh pipe tobacco), no regret or crave. A burnt offering, my native buddies would have approved. They were always after me for abusing tobacco. To them it is sacred and to be given to the Creator in prayer, not sucked on and abused for our own "benefit".

My Quit had not been challenged. No one has offered tobacco. I hadn't really been in a tempting situation. I like and am grateful for my NIC dreams. They scare the crap out of me. I wake up pissed and scared. I have, in my dream, had nicotine. I realize after the fact I have violated my KTC oath, hence the pissed scared part. Then I wake up and with great relief realize it was a dream. A second chance, it feels like. As I was looking at that pouch of tobacco, it was like the dreams, except I had a choice. There was nothing hard about it, easy decision. Like I had seen this before and knew what to do.

So... I do control my Quit. I do control what I put in my mouth. Tobacco is an inanimate object. It has no power if I choose to not give it any. Nothing good can come from the addition of tobacco/nicotine to any situation. Oh! and it was a great fire. I got the whole yard raked piled and burned, it was windy so the smoke spread quick. Its all good...PTQWYT ODAAT

Fine work Olcpo.  You are a warrior!  Carry on.

Offline olcpo

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • Gravity Always Wins; 1 problem + nicotine=2 probs
  • Quit Date: November 26, 2019
  • Interests: March 2020; No Nicotine Today; One Day At A Time; By God's Grace, I Am Quit
  • Likes Given: 379
« Reply #132 on: March 09, 2020, 12:33:17 PM »
Day 105 - Digging around in the shop yesterday, I found a brand new pouch of pipe tobacco and one of my old pipes rat holed in the back of my soldering/electronics drawer. I literally jerked my hand back, dropping the pouch as if it were a snake, when I first found it. I sat down and stared at it lying there, lurking, waiting. Got up went outside, drawer still open, pondered the universe and why it showed up now. Looked at the corner of the barn where a rake was leaning, walked over and started raking up pine needles and cones. Had a pile about the size of a hay bale. Went back into the shop, drawer still open, pouch on top, I found a small box of matches from the tobacco shop, picked up the pouch and walked out to the pile. Opened the pouch, sprinkled it across the top of the pine needle pile and lit the pile on fire. No smelling (I used to love the smell of fresh pipe tobacco), no regret or crave. A burnt offering, my native buddies would have approved. They were always after me for abusing tobacco. To them it is sacred and to be given to the Creator in prayer, not sucked on and abused for our own "benefit".

My Quit had not been challenged. No one has offered tobacco. I hadn't really been in a tempting situation. I like and am grateful for my NIC dreams. They scare the crap out of me. I wake up pissed and scared. I have, in my dream, had nicotine. I realize after the fact I have violated my KTC oath, hence the pissed scared part. Then I wake up and with great relief realize it was a dream. A second chance, it feels like. As I was looking at that pouch of tobacco, it was like the dreams, except I had a choice. There was nothing hard about it, easy decision. Like I had seen this before and knew what to do.

So... I do control my Quit. I do control what I put in my mouth. Tobacco is an inanimate object. It has no power if I choose to not give it any. Nothing good can come from the addition of tobacco/nicotine to any situation. Oh! and it was a great fire. I got the whole yard raked piled and burned, it was windy so the smoke spread quick. Its all good...PTQWYT ODAAT
Micah 6:8
"Dying is easy, It's Living that's tough".
"Caving is easy, It's Quitting that is Tough"

Offline Keith0617

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: October 5, 2018
  • Likes Given: 1633
« Reply #131 on: March 05, 2020, 08:15:57 AM »
Day 100 - Wow! Humbling. Appreciative. Grateful. Quit. Gotta sort through some emotions here, more than I anticipated. Names, digits, pixels, It's Alive, ...

One Day At A Time... "I'll Be Back"
HE STICKS THE LANDING, THE CROWD GOES WILD!!!!  LADIES AND GENTLEMEN, WE'VE NEVER SEEN ANYTHING LIKE THIS, MASS HYSTERIA, CATS AND DOGS LIVING TOGETHER, MY WORD THIS IS DESTINED FOR THE ANNALS OF QUITOPIA!!!!!
LET'S SEE THAT AGAIN
LETS SEE THAT AGAIN
LETS SEE THAT AGAIN
The ATHANAtor is in fine form today. Appreciate ya'

Congrats brother.  You are a quit stud.  Keep it up my friend.
Congrats brother. Great job. Stay loyal to your routine.
Jan19

Offline EXBEARHAG

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 16 July, 2019
  • Likes Given: 825
« Reply #130 on: March 04, 2020, 06:42:50 PM »
Day 100 - Wow! Humbling. Appreciative. Grateful. Quit. Gotta sort through some emotions here, more than I anticipated. Names, digits, pixels, It's Alive, ...

HE STICKS THE LANDING, THE CROWD GOES WILD!!!!  LADIES AND GENTLEMEN, WE'VE NEVER SEEN ANYTHING LIKE THIS, MASS HYSTERIA, CATS AND DOGS LIVING TOGETHER, MY WORD THIS IS DESTINED FOR THE ANNALS OF QUITOPIA!!!!!
LET'S SEE THAT AGAIN
LETS SEE THAT AGAIN
LETS SEE THAT AGAIN

Congrats brother.  You are a quit stud.  Keep it up my friend.

Offline olcpo

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • Gravity Always Wins; 1 problem + nicotine=2 probs
  • Quit Date: November 26, 2019
  • Interests: March 2020; No Nicotine Today; One Day At A Time; By God's Grace, I Am Quit
  • Likes Given: 379
« Reply #129 on: March 04, 2020, 03:32:21 PM »

LET'S SEE THAT AGAIN
LETS SEE THAT AGAIN
LETS SEE THAT AGAIN
« Last Edit: March 04, 2020, 03:35:01 PM by olcpo »
Micah 6:8
"Dying is easy, It's Living that's tough".
"Caving is easy, It's Quitting that is Tough"

Offline Athan

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • Addict
« Reply #128 on: March 04, 2020, 03:19:00 PM »

LET'S SEE THAT AGAIN
LETS SEE THAT AGAIN
LETS SEE THAT AGAIN
"In the Navy we had morning muster. You never miss muster. You better be dead if you miss. If you are dying, you should have started crawling earlier, no excuse." Olcpo

The Science of Addiction
The Law of Addiction
The Road Called Recovery
My Intro and HOF Speech
Quitters I've met: Cbird, UncleRico, Gregor, KDip, Broccoli-saurus, Croakenhagen, BriagG, Koba, Kodiakdeath, Arrakisdq, McDave, Worktowin, SkolVikings, JGromo, GS9502, PaDutchman, Stillbrewing, A-Aron...
wildirish317
outdoortexan cancer

Offline Athan

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • Addict
« Reply #127 on: March 04, 2020, 03:18:37 PM »

LET'S SEE THAT AGAIN
LETS SEE THAT AGAIN

The Science of Addiction
The Law of Addiction
The Road Called Recovery
My Intro and HOF Speech
wildirish317
outdoortexan cancer

Offline Athan

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • Addict
« Reply #126 on: March 04, 2020, 03:18:19 PM »

LET'S SEE THAT AGAIN

The Science of Addiction
The Law of Addiction
The Road Called Recovery
My Intro and HOF Speech
wildirish317
outdoortexan cancer

Offline Athan

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • Addict
« Reply #125 on: March 04, 2020, 03:17:59 PM »

The Science of Addiction
The Law of Addiction
The Road Called Recovery
My Intro and HOF Speech
wildirish317
outdoortexan cancer

Offline ankape

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 10.25.2019
  • Likes Given: 398
« Reply #124 on: March 04, 2020, 03:13:56 PM »

Proud to be quit with you brother. Congrats on HoF. I’m trailing behind ya, save a spot for me on the train.
Well done! Congratulations on your 100 days quit! Cheers to 101 and beyond!
^^what she said! Congratulations olcpo!!
 'party2'

Offline ChickDip

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • July 2015 Jackals
    • HOF speech
  • Quit Date: 3/30/2015
  • Interests: (July2015 Quit Group) ((7-07-2015 100 days)) ....Quit Day March 30.... Fish Slaying, Hunting, Camping, Hiking, Mtn Biking, Cooking, Sammich-making, Poker, movies, watching Pro Baseball, anything outdoors
  • Likes Given: 2012
« Reply #123 on: March 04, 2020, 11:51:14 AM »

Proud to be quit with you brother. Congrats on HoF. I’m trailing behind ya, save a spot for me on the train.
Well done! Congratulations on your 100 days quit! Cheers to 101 and beyond!
July 2015 Jackals - House of WUPP
"....the load doesn't weigh me down at all, he ain't heavy he's my brother"
Try to believe that you are worth more than you think, and others are worth more than you think.
"If you haven't... Quit now......If you have... Stay that way " ~AppleJack
"Make It Through Today" WarE2013 (Rest Easy)
"I am quit... for today... with you... but not FOR you" ~LBP
"Endeavor to Persevere!" Lone Waite

my intro / my HOF speech / my comma club
Building a Strong Quit / My HOF Day

Offline A-Aron

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quitter
  • Wake Up, Kick Ass, Do it all over again.
  • Quit Date: 2020-01-02
  • Interests: Gaming, Playing with my kids, Beautiful Wife, NCAA, Cornhusker Football GBR!
  • Likes Given: 214
« Reply #122 on: March 04, 2020, 11:46:46 AM »

Proud To Be Quit With You Today

Don't walk behind me; I may not lead. Don't walk in front of me; I may not follow. Just walk
beside me and be my friend.

Albert Camus

I believe in the brotherhood of all men, but I don’t believe in wasting brotherhood on anyone who doesn’t want to practice it with me. Brotherhood is a two-way street.
Malcom X

My HoF Speech