Author Topic: Day one  (Read 27935 times)

Offline FLLipOut

• Master of Quit
  • Lady Arsonist
  • Quit Date: 07/22/16
  • Likes Given: 2555
Re: Day one
« Reply #121 on: March 04, 2020, 11:27:39 AM »
Proud to be quit with you Olcpo.  You have become such a great asset for this KTC community of ours.  Keep up that phenomenal quit!
Just one and you will be back to where you started, and where you started was desperately wishing you were where you are now.
"The best way out is always through." - Robert Frost
"I can't carry it for you, but I can carry you!" - Samwise Gamgee
HOF: 10.29.16 | FL 2: 02.06.17 | FL 3: 05.17.17 | Y1: 07.22.17 | FL 4: 08.25.17 | FL 5: 12.03.17 | FL 6: 03.13.18 | FL 7: 06.21.18 | Y2: 07.22.18 | FL 8: 09.29.18 | FL 9: 01.07.19 | COMMA , : 04.17.19 | Y3: 07.22.19 | FL 11: 07.26.19 | FL 12: 11.03.19 | FL 13: 02.11.20 | FL 14: 05.21.20 | Y4: 07.22.20 | FL 15: 08.29.20  | FL 16: 12.07.20 | FL 17: 03.17.21 | FL 18: 06.25.21 | Y5: 07.22.21 | FL 19: 06.25.21 | FL 20 ,, : 01.11.22 | FL 21: 04.21.22 | Y6: 07.22.22 | FL 22: 07.30.22 | FL 23: 11.07.22 | FL 24: 02.15.23 | FL 25: 05.26.23 | Y7: 07.22.23 | FL 26: 09.03.23 | FL 27: 12.12.23 | FL 28: 03.21.24

Offline olcpo

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • Gravity Always Wins; 1 problem + nicotine=2 probs
  • Quit Date: November 26, 2019
  • Interests: March 2020; No Nicotine Today; One Day At A Time; By God's Grace, I Am Quit
  • Likes Given: 382
« Reply #120 on: March 04, 2020, 09:49:01 AM »
Day 100 - Wow! Humbling. Appreciative. Grateful. Quit. Gotta sort through some emotions here, more than I anticipated. Names, digits, pixels, It's Alive, ...

One Day At A Time... "I'll Be Back"
Micah 6:8
"Dying is easy, It's Living that's tough".
"Caving is easy, It's Quitting that is Tough"

Offline jsjohnson

• CrusherOfSeeds
  • Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quitter
  • Hall Of Fame Conductor
  • Quit Date: 10/01/2019
  • Interests: Quiting, Motorcycles, Fishing, Cooking and BBQ
  • Likes Given: 300
Re: news flash
« Reply #119 on: March 02, 2020, 09:35:40 PM »
This just in....KTC's Olcpo squaring up....eyeballing the HOF...developing...stay tuned...

@Athan @olcpo Newsflash, there gonna be alot more than boarding the train........................................................
Wildirish intro https://ktcforum.org/index.php?topic=805.msg125916#msg125916

"So if any of you still have friends dippin tell them this if you dont have what it takes to quit nicotine you are gonna be TOO big of a pussy for chemo."  -Todd Garcia (Traumagnet)

My HOF Speech

Offline Athan

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • Addict
  • Quit Date: January 1 2018
  • Interests: GodFamilyCountry
  • Likes Given: 1652
news flash
« Reply #118 on: March 02, 2020, 02:23:51 PM »
This just in....KTC's Olcpo squaring up....eyeballing the HOF...developing...stay tuned...
"I hope you find a thousand reasons to quit today" Rawls
"I can't quit for you. I will quit with you" Ready
"There are two dogs in the fight, which one are you feeding?" SuperDave9000
"In the Navy we had morning muster. You never miss muster. You better be dead if you miss. If you are dying, you should have started crawling earlier, no excuse." Olcpo

The Science of Addiction
The Law of Addiction
The Road Called Recovery
My Intro and HOF Speech
Quitters I've met: Cbird, UncleRico, Gregor, KDip, Broccoli-saurus, Croakenhagen, BriagG, Koba, Kodiakdeath, Arrakisdq, McDave, Worktowin, SkolVikings, JGromo, GS9502, PaDutchman, Stillbrewing, A-Aron...
wildirish317
outdoortexan cancer

Offline Batdad

• Quit Asshole
  • Moderator (Retired)
  • Quit King
  • Churning the KTC Dookie Butter
  • Quit Date: 01/03/2017
  • Interests: Quitting!
  • Likes Given: 1068
« Reply #117 on: February 29, 2020, 08:47:15 AM »
Day 95 - WUPP. ODAAT. According to @Batdad , and he is correct, nothing more need be said.
Quitting is a long game. Breaking it down to simple, easy to navigate steps is crucial for success. Proud to be quit with you today.
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Offline olcpo

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • Interests: March 2020; No Nicotine Today; One Day At A Time; By God's Grace, I Am Quit
« Reply #116 on: February 28, 2020, 09:59:00 AM »
Day 95 - WUPP. ODAAT. According to @Batdad , and he is correct, nothing more need be said.

Offline olcpo

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
« Reply #115 on: February 23, 2020, 04:57:19 PM »
'wave'
90 badass days!! Keep rocking it @olcpo
Thanks @ankape  I sure appreciate you
90 is badass
Thanks @ChickDip  That means a lot coming from the Queen of Badass at 1792 DAYS! 5 YEARS next month! Thanks for being here cheering us Wogs on.

Offline ChickDip

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • July 2015 Jackals
    • HOF speech
  • Quit Date: 3/30/2015
  • Interests: (July2015 Quit Group) ((7-07-2015 100 days)) ....Quit Day March 30.... Fish Slaying, Hunting, Camping, Hiking, Mtn Biking, Cooking, Sammich-making, Poker, movies, watching Pro Baseball, anything outdoors
  • Likes Given: 2034
« Reply #114 on: February 23, 2020, 02:24:51 PM »
July 2015 Jackals - House of WUPP
"....the load doesn't weigh me down at all, he ain't heavy he's my brother"
Try to believe that you are worth more than you think, and others are worth more than you think.
"If you haven't... Quit now......If you have... Stay that way " ~AppleJack
"Make It Through Today" WarE2013 (Rest Easy)
"I am quit... for today... with you... but not FOR you" ~LBP
"Endeavor to Persevere!" Lone Waite

my intro / my HOF speech / my comma club
Building a Strong Quit / My HOF Day

Offline olcpo

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
« Reply #113 on: February 23, 2020, 12:32:54 AM »
'wave'
Thanks @ankape  I sure appreciate you

Offline ankape

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 10.25.2019
  • Likes Given: 398
« Reply #112 on: February 22, 2020, 11:35:03 PM »
 'wave'

Offline AndyCan

• Quitter
  • 17 years of dumbassery, quit, now I’m a genius
  • Quit Date: 12/19/2018
  • Interests: Weightlifting, outdoors, hiking, comedy, wife and kids
  • Likes Given: 665
« Reply #111 on: February 05, 2020, 12:08:05 PM »
Day 71- Been a while, Life happens. I am Quit. Faced many triggers and have come through clean. Still WUPP'in and will continue. ODAAT still in the moment, wary, watching. Reading the intro's and musings of those early in their quit is a great reminder, Never Again.

Boot camp was the toughest 9+ weeks of my life, I thought. 26 years later I retired and had plenty of "tough" times mixed in. 71 days, I have just made it out of boot camp with the rest of life ahead. I came out of boot camp thinking I had it all figured out and knew everything. I got humbled in a heartbeat and learned more in the few weeks that followed than all previous. My point... I feel good, really Quit, But life says keep your head down, your ass covered and ready for the next shoe that WILL drop. I am enjoying and reveling in the freedom of Quit, Grateful to be clean, healing. I am also voraciously guarding my Quit. Not allowing anything to encroach. ODAAT. WUPP.

If you are reading this and still sucking on DEATH...THINK, Please! You can be rid of IT. Spit it out, look at it, wait for one minute, now go for five minutes. Yeah? An hour...another hour? You are going to feel like crap, but you feel like crap now because you know you are killing yourself one dip at a time. Go rinse your mouth out, brush your teeth, get busy occupy your brain. Think about a chew? look at the time, how long has it been? Wait another 5 minutes...A day? Read about what to expect on this site, be ready for it, know and celebrate each symptom, Nicotine will throw it all at you, but you are beating it or nic wouldn't be throwing craves, fogs, shakes, rage, _______ at you. You got it beat at this point. You used to reward yourself with a mouthful of Cancer Death, Take a break, you deserve it, have another shot of Death. Now you can reward yourself with another day of Quit/Freedom/Life.

Post your word to KTC at the start, Day one. One Day At A Time. Give your Word, Be accountable to Brother and Sister addicts, propping each other up against Nicotine, Standing tall together. Rant and Rave here. Learn. Read. Be QUIT
You are wise beyond your quit days...and as you note, reading others’ early quit writings are a healthy and fairly direct way to remember the struggle.  Keep remembering that, so if there is ever a moment you feel weak or find yourself at odds with your quit, you can take your own advice and come back here and read your musings.  Powerful stuff olcpo

Offline jsjohnson

• CrusherOfSeeds
  • Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quitter
  • Hall Of Fame Conductor
  • Quit Date: 10/01/2019
  • Interests: Quiting, Motorcycles, Fishing, Cooking and BBQ
  • Likes Given: 300
« Reply #110 on: February 04, 2020, 07:48:25 PM »
Day 71- Been a while, Life happens. I am Quit. Faced many triggers and have come through clean. Still WUPP'in and will continue. ODAAT still in the moment, wary, watching. Reading the intro's and musings of those early in their quit is a great reminder, Never Again.

Boot camp was the toughest 9+ weeks of my life, I thought. 26 years later I retired and had plenty of "tough" times mixed in. 71 days, I have just made it out of boot camp with the rest of life ahead. I came out of boot camp thinking I had it all figured out and knew everything. I got humbled in a heartbeat and learned more in the few weeks that followed than all previous. My point... I feel good, really Quit, But life says keep your head down, your ass covered and ready for the next shoe that WILL drop. I am enjoying and reveling in the freedom of Quit, Grateful to be clean, healing. I am also voraciously guarding my Quit. Not allowing anything to encroach. ODAAT. WUPP.

If you are reading this and still sucking on DEATH...THINK, Please! You can be rid of IT. Spit it out, look at it, wait for one minute, now go for five minutes. Yeah? An hour...another hour? You are going to feel like crap, but you feel like crap now because you know you are killing yourself one dip at a time. Go rinse your mouth out, brush your teeth, get busy occupy your brain. Think about a chew? look at the time, how long has it been? Wait another 5 minutes...A day? Read about what to expect on this site, be ready for it, know and celebrate each symptom, Nicotine will throw it all at you, but you are beating it or nic wouldn't be throwing craves, fogs, shakes, rage, _______ at you. You got it beat at this point. You used to reward yourself with a mouthful of Cancer Death, Take a break, you deserve it, have another shot of Death. Now you can reward yourself with another day of Quit/Freedom/Life.

Post your word to KTC at the start, Day one. One Day At A Time. Give your Word, Be accountable to Brother and Sister addicts, propping each other up against Nicotine, Standing tall together. Rant and Rave here. Learn. Read. Be QUIT

@olcpo
Some really awsome quit gold you got here bud, IPTBQWYT
Wildirish intro https://ktcforum.org/index.php?topic=805.msg125916#msg125916

"So if any of you still have friends dippin tell them this if you dont have what it takes to quit nicotine you are gonna be TOO big of a pussy for chemo."  -Todd Garcia (Traumagnet)

My HOF Speech

Offline Keith0617

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: October 5, 2018
  • Likes Given: 1908
« Reply #109 on: February 04, 2020, 11:47:42 AM »

Great message. Proud to quit with you @olcpo .
Jan19

Offline olcpo

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
« Reply #108 on: February 04, 2020, 11:23:00 AM »

Offline EXBEARHAG

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 16 July, 2019
  • Likes Given: 825
« Reply #107 on: January 22, 2020, 09:12:46 AM »
Day 57 - Interesting "feeling" across the site as I am posting roll this morning. I sense for some the Honeymoon is over. The beginning of the grind. The symptoms/craves/urges have subsided to a point that other things are invading the sacred space set aside for KTC. Life, family, work, "a break", memory lapse (indicating an alternative higher priority) are all surfacing among us. Is this where we forget the screaming demon monkey that lived on our backs that brought us here? T
Quite possible the best summary yet on the mid HOF doldrums.  Yeah, it is a grind and yeah, there's days where the craves do assail you. That's OK. It beats slavery and, yeah, it does get better.  Was thinking of you and that serene walk up the mountain in the quiet and stillness of the forest, the only sound but the snow crunching under your feet. You're a rich man.
Wealthy beyond what this world has to offer. As always Thanks, @Athan  and I appreciate you.

Challenges abound ahead.  Hold the line Olcpo.  I'm told the road to freedom is pricey but the reward is invaluable.