Author Topic: Glad to be here  (Read 88688 times)

Offline Athan

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • Addict
  • Quit Date: January 1 2018
  • Interests: GodFamilyCountry
  • Likes Given: 1651
Just do it
« Reply #437 on: August 16, 2021, 09:11:24 AM »
Alexander Graham Bell said it succinctly, “the only difference between success and failure is the ability to take action.” Procrastination is the thief of time. Once you determine God’s direction for you, move toward it without wavering.
You’re already in bondage, what’ve you got to lose?
"I hope you find a thousand reasons to quit today" Rawls
"I can't quit for you. I will quit with you" Ready
"There are two dogs in the fight, which one are you feeding?" SuperDave9000
"In the Navy we had morning muster. You never miss muster. You better be dead if you miss. If you are dying, you should have started crawling earlier, no excuse." Olcpo

The Science of Addiction
The Law of Addiction
The Road Called Recovery
My Intro and HOF Speech
Quitters I've met: Cbird, UncleRico, Gregor, KDip, Broccoli-saurus, Croakenhagen, BriagG, Koba, Kodiakdeath, Arrakisdq, McDave, Worktowin, SkolVikings, JGromo, GS9502, PaDutchman, Stillbrewing, A-Aron...
wildirish317
outdoortexan cancer

Offline Athan

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • Addict
Re: Glad to be here
« Reply #436 on: August 09, 2021, 03:27:46 PM »
Reverent canine excrement Batman! When did a pair of windshield wipers get to the seventy dollar range!!! Darn good thing I quit chewin or I wouldn’t have been able to afford em without financing. Extra darn good thing they’re not addictive too. On a positive note, I’m not bitching about it with a lip full a cat turd
"In the Navy we had morning muster. You never miss muster. You better be dead if you miss. If you are dying, you should have started crawling earlier, no excuse." Olcpo

The Science of Addiction
The Law of Addiction
The Road Called Recovery
My Intro and HOF Speech
Quitters I've met: Cbird, UncleRico, Gregor, KDip, Broccoli-saurus, Croakenhagen, BriagG, Koba, Kodiakdeath, Arrakisdq, McDave, Worktowin, SkolVikings, JGromo, GS9502, PaDutchman, Stillbrewing, A-Aron...
wildirish317
outdoortexan cancer

Offline FLLipOut

• Master of Quit
  • Lady Arsonist
  • Quit Date: 07/22/16
  • Likes Given: 2555
Re: Musings on 1300
« Reply #435 on: July 25, 2021, 10:31:30 AM »
One thousand three hundred days. Not a major milestone but still another 100 days. All in the last week - saw a brother leave to site. Had another reappear after a long hiatus to admit lying on roll. Still others returning to post a day 1. I'm routinely amazed at the power of the addiction. How so few actually break free from it and stay that way. As for my brother in April '18 who called it quits, this season of his life coming to a close - I get it, I really do. There's times where I do resent rolling in all the groups that I do, the time invested and spent. I do have stretches where I think after today this is it - just rolling in the home room from now on. Then I'm visited by reality. The reality that posting in another group or a simple message or word of encouragement to or from another quitter is what makes it all have value, how it all contributes to the context within which we all succeed. That and I'm continually reminded of the "just one" moments that are out there with my name on them. As I sit at home recuperating from surgery (thanks for the books @S412 !) I've had my share of them. They will always be there - there's no end to them. They don't claw at me incessantly as they did for the first hundred days or so but they're there nonetheless, patiently waiting. They always will be. That's why I'm still posting. Every day. In more than just my home room. If you're a new guy, contemplating the decision to join the ranks of the free - DO IT. Wade into it. Go all in. Roll with a few groups and spread the love.
While slavery has many forms, many guises, there's simply no substitute for freedom.

@Athan congrats on your 13th HOF
Congrats @Athan  You keep doing you and let those days add up. Proud to quit with you today.
Thanks man, will do! Every time I've tried to do someone else it hasn't worked out too well ;D
Congrats on the level up, Athan!  This post resonated with me this morning, thanks.  Proud to quit with you each and every day.
Just one and you will be back to where you started, and where you started was desperately wishing you were where you are now.
"The best way out is always through." - Robert Frost
"I can't carry it for you, but I can carry you!" - Samwise Gamgee
HOF: 10.29.16 | FL 2: 02.06.17 | FL 3: 05.17.17 | Y1: 07.22.17 | FL 4: 08.25.17 | FL 5: 12.03.17 | FL 6: 03.13.18 | FL 7: 06.21.18 | Y2: 07.22.18 | FL 8: 09.29.18 | FL 9: 01.07.19 | COMMA , : 04.17.19 | Y3: 07.22.19 | FL 11: 07.26.19 | FL 12: 11.03.19 | FL 13: 02.11.20 | FL 14: 05.21.20 | Y4: 07.22.20 | FL 15: 08.29.20  | FL 16: 12.07.20 | FL 17: 03.17.21 | FL 18: 06.25.21 | Y5: 07.22.21 | FL 19: 06.25.21 | FL 20 ,, : 01.11.22 | FL 21: 04.21.22 | Y6: 07.22.22 | FL 22: 07.30.22 | FL 23: 11.07.22 | FL 24: 02.15.23 | FL 25: 05.26.23 | Y7: 07.22.23 | FL 26: 09.03.23 | FL 27: 12.12.23 | FL 28: 03.21.24

Offline Athan

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • Addict
« Reply #434 on: July 25, 2021, 08:46:08 AM »
One thousand three hundred days. Not a major milestone but still another 100 days. All in the last week - saw a brother leave to site. Had another reappear after a long hiatus to admit lying on roll. Still others returning to post a day 1. I'm routinely amazed at the power of the addiction. How so few actually break free from it and stay that way. As for my brother in April '18 who called it quits, this season of his life coming to a close - I get it, I really do. There's times where I do resent rolling in all the groups that I do, the time invested and spent. I do have stretches where I think after today this is it - just rolling in the home room from now on. Then I'm visited by reality. The reality that posting in another group or a simple message or word of encouragement to or from another quitter is what makes it all have value, how it all contributes to the context within which we all succeed. That and I'm continually reminded of the "just one" moments that are out there with my name on them. As I sit at home recuperating from surgery (thanks for the books @S412 !) I've had my share of them. They will always be there - there's no end to them. They don't claw at me incessantly as they did for the first hundred days or so but they're there nonetheless, patiently waiting. They always will be. That's why I'm still posting. Every day. In more than just my home room. If you're a new guy, contemplating the decision to join the ranks of the free - DO IT. Wade into it. Go all in. Roll with a few groups and spread the love.
While slavery has many forms, many guises, there's simply no substitute for freedom.

Congrats @Athan  You keep doing you and let those days add up. Proud to quit with you today.
Thanks man, will do! Every time I've tried to do someone else it hasn't worked out too well ;D

The Science of Addiction
The Law of Addiction
The Road Called Recovery
My Intro and HOF Speech
wildirish317
outdoortexan cancer

Offline Keith0617

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: October 5, 2018
  • Likes Given: 1619
« Reply #433 on: July 25, 2021, 08:39:13 AM »

Jan19

Offline bubblehed668

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quit King
  • "The" Conductor
  • Quit Date: 03/22/2008
  • Likes Given: 658
« Reply #432 on: July 24, 2021, 11:59:24 AM »

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Offline Athan

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • Addict
Musings on 1300
« Reply #431 on: July 23, 2021, 10:43:21 AM »

The Science of Addiction
The Law of Addiction
The Road Called Recovery
My Intro and HOF Speech
wildirish317
outdoortexan cancer

Offline Keith0617

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
Re: She's always right
« Reply #430 on: July 16, 2021, 08:32:20 AM »
Experienced an incongruity of thought with the Mrs. while shopping. Decided to walk home lest I utter something worthy of sleeping on the couch for a week. Not a long trek as the crow flies as it’s through the woods and avoiding the roundabout path of the highway. A light drizzly rain adds to the poor choice yet serves only to augment my stubborn bent. I was a few miles into it when I encounter the railroad tracks. I’d forgotten I’d have to traverse the railroad tracks. The embankment is steep on either side stretching for miles north and south, I’m headed east. I attack it at an angle but to no avail. I soon find myself slipping head long down the incline and picking up speed. At the last moment I decide to jump, opting to land vertical instead of headfirst into the gravel and ties. I felt it immediately – the ruptured tendon in the right foot. You know that moment when you realize that the course that you’ve set upon has become untenable? I had one of those. I’m still a few miles from home and no longer ambulatory. The rain is picking up. I consider my options. Traversing up the opposite side and then miles through the forest is looking less and less likely as my foot begins to swell and throb. I decide to follow the railroad tracks into town where they cross the highway. I’m going to have to swallow my intractable pride; I’m going to have to call her, apologize for my intransigence and ask for help. Damn it all. I make my way painfully along, hobbling from tie to tie, a cacophony of frogs and crows mocking me as I slink along.

Fast forward 4 hours. I’m now home on the couch having been released from the ER and sitting with my foot elevated per doctors orders when my phone rings. It’s my daughter. All college students are required to be tested for CoVid prior to attending fall classes. She’s positive (no symptoms whatsoever). We are all now quarantined for two weeks.

If there were ever a ‘just one’ moment this is it, the quitionary says look right here when you look it up. There’s just no end to them. This wouldn’t have been a just one event; it would have been a balls out chew like there’s no tomorrow honey go by me a sleeve. So that’s why I posted my promise yesterday and why I’m posting it today and why I’ll post it tomorrow. Because ‘just one’ is out there, with my name on it, waiting for me.

that pop I heard and felt was the peroneus longus and brevis tendons. Having surgery in an hour or so. Instead of sneaking a last lipper before they put me under I'm just wishing for a cup of coffee to deliver the morning package. I'm not planning ahead with stashing a can in the car to try and pack one in while loopy. Not using this as an excuse to have just one. Instead, I'm posting roll and blogging out yet another victory over the weed and US tobacco.  hooah.
I pray everything goes well. 
I'm always available for a call if that demon starts screaming too loud.
Best of luck. Heal quickly.
Jan19

Offline stillbrewing

• Quit King
  • Quit Date: 12/5/19
  • Likes Given: 1076
« Reply #429 on: July 16, 2021, 07:51:19 AM »
Experienced an incongruity of thought with the Mrs. while shopping. Decided to walk home lest I utter something worthy of sleeping on the couch for a week. Not a long trek as the crow flies as it’s through the woods and avoiding the roundabout path of the highway. A light drizzly rain adds to the poor choice yet serves only to augment my stubborn bent. I was a few miles into it when I encounter the railroad tracks. I’d forgotten I’d have to traverse the railroad tracks. The embankment is steep on either side stretching for miles north and south, I’m headed east. I attack it at an angle but to no avail. I soon find myself slipping head long down the incline and picking up speed. At the last moment I decide to jump, opting to land vertical instead of headfirst into the gravel and ties. I felt it immediately – the ruptured tendon in the right foot. You know that moment when you realize that the course that you’ve set upon has become untenable? I had one of those. I’m still a few miles from home and no longer ambulatory. The rain is picking up. I consider my options. Traversing up the opposite side and then miles through the forest is looking less and less likely as my foot begins to swell and throb. I decide to follow the railroad tracks into town where they cross the highway. I’m going to have to swallow my intractable pride; I’m going to have to call her, apologize for my intransigence and ask for help. Damn it all. I make my way painfully along, hobbling from tie to tie, a cacophony of frogs and crows mocking me as I slink along.

Fast forward 4 hours. I’m now home on the couch having been released from the ER and sitting with my foot elevated per doctors orders when my phone rings. It’s my daughter. All college students are required to be tested for CoVid prior to attending fall classes. She’s positive (no symptoms whatsoever). We are all now quarantined for two weeks.

If there were ever a ‘just one’ moment this is it, the quitionary says look right here when you look it up. There’s just no end to them. This wouldn’t have been a just one event; it would have been a balls out chew like there’s no tomorrow honey go by me a sleeve. So that’s why I posted my promise yesterday and why I’m posting it today and why I’ll post it tomorrow. Because ‘just one’ is out there, with my name on it, waiting for me.

that pop I heard and felt was the peroneus longus and brevis tendons. Having surgery in an hour or so. Instead of sneaking a last lipper before they put me under I'm just wishing for a cup of coffee to deliver the morning package. I'm not planning ahead with stashing a can in the car to try and pack one in while loopy. Not using this as an excuse to have just one. Instead, I'm posting roll and blogging out yet another victory over the weed and US tobacco.  hooah.
I pray everything goes well. 
I'm always available for a call if that demon starts screaming too loud.
"Beginnings are usually scary and endings are usually sad, but it's everything in between that makes all worth living.  So, love the life you live, live the life you love." - Bob Marley

“La tristesse durera toujours." ~ Vincent van Gogh

"You can fuck off all the way to fuckoff mountain and jump off FUCKOFF point for all i care. Just post and stay quit." ~MikeW2018~

HOF-3/13/20; 2nd floor-6/21/20; 3rd floor-9/29/20; 1 year-12/3/20; 4th floor-1/7/21; 5th floor-4/17/21; 6th floor-7/26/21

HOF Speech Here

Offline Athan

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • Addict
« Reply #428 on: July 16, 2021, 06:12:08 AM »

The Science of Addiction
The Law of Addiction
The Road Called Recovery
My Intro and HOF Speech
wildirish317
outdoortexan cancer

Offline Athan

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • Addict
HS graduation
« Reply #427 on: May 22, 2021, 09:08:43 AM »
High school graduation today (my daughter not me).
Outdoor on the football field in the heat instead of inside in the auditorium in the AC on account of the 'rona.
I had a lipper in for my HS graduation. I won't for hers.
I'll have bottle with me but it won't be a spitter, it'll be full of ice water.
Ain't nothing in the world like freedom.

The Science of Addiction
The Law of Addiction
The Road Called Recovery
My Intro and HOF Speech
wildirish317
outdoortexan cancer

Offline Athan

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • Addict
« Reply #426 on: May 18, 2021, 03:50:32 AM »
1234 I'm going to quit some more. Last time in this sequence was 1,111 days ago.
Milestone. And that's how we do it. Life even. You set a goal, you strive for it, you reach it. Success is built on little victories.
Important to have goals. Without them, we're idle, directionless, like logs floating down a river. Like addicts mindlessly packing lipper after lipper.

I won't hit the numerically superior quit sequence again for another 11,111 days.
Then again, I only quit one day at a time.

The Science of Addiction
The Law of Addiction
The Road Called Recovery
My Intro and HOF Speech
wildirish317
outdoortexan cancer

Offline 69franx

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • Do I have your attention now? Quit date 08/01/17
  • Likes Given: 8865
Re: Jury Duty
« Reply #425 on: April 26, 2021, 02:39:13 PM »
Jury duty. As I sit here waiting for the proceedings to begin, I’m starkly aware that I’m not gutting it behind my mask wondering when we get a break so I can replace my wad. That’s exactly what I’d be doing if I hadn’t said ENOUGH! 1,212 days ago. Not now, not today, not for any reason.
I won! They picked me! I’ve been awarded six months Grand Jury Duty!
double congrats!!
Think I got a notice recently, it's lost in the pile of paperwork on my desk. Hope I wasn't supposed to be there this week
ABQ= Always Be Quitting

My Intro
My HOF Speech
How long have I been quit?

I brew the beer I drink, what's your superpower?

HOF: 11/08/17     2nd Floor: 02/16/18     3rd Floor: 05/27/18     1st trip around the sun: 07/31/18     4th Floor: 09/04/18     5th floor: 12/13/18     6th floor: 03/23/2019     7th floor: 07/01/19     2nd trip around the sun: 07/31/19     8th floor: 10/09/19     9th floor: 01/17/20     Comma Day: 04/26/2020     3rd trip around the sun: 08/01/2020     11th floor: 08/04/2020     12th Floor: 11/12/2020     13th floor: 02/20/2021     14th floor: 05/31/2021

Offline Keith0617

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
« Reply #424 on: April 26, 2021, 11:40:57 AM »
Jury duty. As I sit here waiting for the proceedings to begin, I’m starkly aware that I’m not gutting it behind my mask wondering when we get a break so I can replace my wad. That’s exactly what I’d be doing if I hadn’t said ENOUGH! 1,212 days ago. Not now, not today, not for any reason.
double congrats!!
Jan19

Offline Athan

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • Addict
« Reply #423 on: April 26, 2021, 10:25:38 AM »

The Science of Addiction
The Law of Addiction
The Road Called Recovery
My Intro and HOF Speech
wildirish317
outdoortexan cancer