Author Topic: Quit day 6 for me  (Read 57639 times)

Offline Stranger999

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: 09/05/2015
  • Interests: Taking that first breath every morning before I post roll again.... Family, Philadelphia Eagles football, music, computers, solving puzzles of all sorts
  • Likes Given: 244
Re: Quit day 6 for me
« Reply #47 on: September 14, 2015, 04:34:00 PM »
Day 10 is rolling along and I am still quit.

I just trimmed down my left thumb nail. You know, that nail you purposely grow a little longer so it will easily cut through the wrapping of a can of Copenhagen long cut.

I can't believe I forgot about that until just now. LOL

Offline nomorecope!

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2015-09-09
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #46 on: September 14, 2015, 02:34:00 PM »
Stranger,

So great to see you getting to double digits brother. It's been great observing your journey. I'm only on day 5, but I just want to warn you about getting overconfident. She will hit you hard soon! Stay hard and strong brother.

We quit together.

December quit group needs us to stay quit.

Offline Mogul

• Quitter
  • Interests: Pilot
« Reply #45 on: September 14, 2015, 02:54:00 AM »
Edited for content

Offline Mogul

• Quitter
  • Interests: Pilot
« Reply #44 on: September 14, 2015, 02:43:00 AM »
Quote from: Stranger999
I really want to thank everyone who has helped me with this quit. :D

My brain has not been functioning and I bet there have been some posts supporting me that I have not responded to. It is not because I am ignoring you, it is because I have been in a complete no nicotine fog since I've joined this site. LOL.

When I am free of this shit I know I will be a better poster.
You don't need to respond. Just post roll and quit and you will never owe another apology on this site. We can all live with everything else, just don't quit posting roll.

Mogul. enjoying reading about your quit. I quit with ya today.

Offline Stranger999

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • Interests: Taking that first breath every morning before I post roll again.... Family, Philadelphia Eagles football, music, computers, solving puzzles of all sorts
« Reply #43 on: September 14, 2015, 01:50:00 AM »
I really want to thank everyone who has helped me with this quit. :D

My brain has not been functioning and I bet there have been some posts supporting me that I have not responded to. It is not because I am ignoring you, it is because I have been in a complete no nicotine fog since I've joined this site. LOL.

When I am free of this shit I know I will be a better poster.

Offline Stranger999

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
« Reply #42 on: September 14, 2015, 01:16:00 AM »
Double digit days of being quit is so close that I can't believe it. This is a battle between myself and my brain. The nicotine has been gone for 6 days at least. I WILL DO THIS. I vow to post on the quit thread tomorrow.

Offline Stranger999

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
« Reply #41 on: September 14, 2015, 12:11:00 AM »
Quote from: nab0610
White collar as well, I work in retail and would dip at work from time to time. I was so ashamed by it that I'd hide it from my employees. None of them knew and I couldn't bear the thought of them finding out, but I kept doing it. Guess you could define that as addiction. Glad to see you on here and look forward roll call every day!! Good Luck
I hid from everyone - I was GREAT AT HIDING. Hiding and buying chew or cigarettes is all I have been doing for at least a decade or two. NO MORE. I am posting here every day as I rid myself of this awful addiction. Day 10 is tomorrow and I can't wait until Day 11.

Offline nab0610

• Quit Date: 2015-09-11
« Reply #40 on: September 13, 2015, 11:58:00 PM »
White collar as well, I work in retail and would dip at work from time to time. I was so ashamed by it that I'd hide it from my employees. None of them knew and I couldn't bear the thought of them finding out, but I kept doing it. Guess you could define that as addiction. Glad to see you on here and look forward roll call every day!! Good Luck

Offline Stranger999

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
« Reply #39 on: September 13, 2015, 11:27:00 PM »
My day 10 of NO TOBACCO is about to begin. I've been watching NFL games all day long in a fog. I am healing and I am starting to feel it I think. I've survived 2 weekends. This is really awesome.

We can all do this. If I can you can. Throw out that can...

Offline Stranger999

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
« Reply #38 on: September 13, 2015, 10:19:00 PM »
Thanks guys, you all keep me strong.

I will DO THIS and post here every day. I started messing with tobacco in the late SEVENTIES! If I can do this after that long you can too. B)B

Offline RTistic

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2015-09-09
« Reply #37 on: September 13, 2015, 10:10:00 PM »
Good Lord - I saw a post here talking about the "time distortion" when one is quitting chew.

This is REAL.

It seems like I have been posting here since August but it has really only been since September 10th. That is only 3 days and in my mind I feel like I have been a member of this site for more than a month.

The nicotine wants me to invite it back - but I will not allow that. Stay quit my brothers and sisters - DAY 8.
OK this is really cool.

I have touched base with my last friend who dips and he is cool with my quit.

I am not sure why this should even matter to me as I am into DAY 8, but for some reason it makes me feel freer and more confident in my quit. I can't wait for day nine....
Dude thats really awesome! I'm holding off telling one of my best friends that dips because he's the type of dude that would throw me the tin and give me that grin like dude you know you want to lol. i stay quit with you bro

Offline worktowin

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Interests: GymWorkTravel
  • Likes Given: 106
« Reply #36 on: September 13, 2015, 10:03:00 PM »
Quote from: pab1964
Good Lord - I saw a post here talking about the "time distortion" when one is quitting chew.

This is REAL.

It seems like I have been posting here since August but it has really only been since September 10th. That is only 3 days and in my mind I feel like I have been a member of this site for more than a month.

The nicotine wants me to invite it back - but I will not allow that. Stay quit my brothers and sisters - DAY 8.
OK this is really cool.

I am not sure why this should even matter to me as I am into DAY 8, but for some reason it makes me feel freer and more confident in my quit. I can't wait for day nine....
You're doing great! Do whatever it takes to keep that shit out of your mouth! This is your quit ,own it! Damn proud to be quit with you!
You are a kick ass quitter dude.

Offline pab1964

• Family
  • Master of Quit
  • Loving the quit life
  • Interests: God family crappie fishing
  • Likes Given: 85
« Reply #35 on: September 13, 2015, 08:53:00 PM »

This is REAL.

OK this is really cool.

You're doing great! Do whatever it takes to keep that shit out of your mouth! This is your quit ,own it! Damn proud to be quit with you!
Tobacco is so addictive it took me a year after a massive heart attack, in which doctor confirmed caused from dipping to finally put a lid on the bitch! ODAAT EDD

Offline Stranger999

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
« Reply #34 on: September 13, 2015, 02:54:00 AM »

This is REAL.

OK this is really cool.

Offline Stranger999

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
« Reply #33 on: September 13, 2015, 01:45:00 AM »

This is REAL.