Author Topic: Quit day 6 for me  (Read 55407 times)

Offline Nomore1959

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Quit King
  • Likes Given: 329
Re: Quit day 6 for me
« Reply #17 on: September 11, 2015, 09:54:00 PM »
Quote from: Stranger999
Quote from: CaseyB
OMG I am into day 7 at this point. I had to catch myself from driving over to the convenience store to buy a can of Copenhagen long cut. This is so hard but I am glad I am still clean. :D
Great job.

Here's a little trick I've been using to get through the tough spots. Dip a cotton ball. You mentioned the price, and some of the fake stuff is more expensive than dip. After a minute or two, cotton feels like long cut.
Thanks for the tip CaseyB!

I'm closing in on my last full week without chew since I can't even remember. :D
You are kicking ass Stranger. Cotton balls, chewing gum (regular, no nicotine), seeds... Lots of ways to ease the oral desire without giving in. 7 days is badass! The first 7 days are as bad as it gets... do whatever it takes to stay quit the next minute, the next hour, the next day. It will get better, you will heal, freedom is wonderful.

To get there, you have a weekend right now. To get through that, use the tools here at KTC. You have live chat, your quit group, hopefully digits to text or call fellow quitters, lots of good stuff to read (I'm on day 119 and still reading), the emergency topic on the quit group page, your December Groupme. Use the tools.

Many recommend avoiding alcohol on this weekend in a quit. You know your strength and your triggers. Be aware.

Own your quit. Keep on the +1s and it gets better.

Offline Stranger999

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: 09/05/2015
  • Interests: Taking that first breath every morning before I post roll again.... Family, Philadelphia Eagles football, music, computers, solving puzzles of all sorts
  • Likes Given: 244
« Reply #16 on: September 11, 2015, 09:31:00 PM »
Quote from: CaseyB
OMG I am into day 7 at this point. I had to catch myself from driving over to the convenience store to buy a can of Copenhagen long cut. This is so hard but I am glad I am still clean. :D
Great job.

Here's a little trick I've been using to get through the tough spots. Dip a cotton ball. You mentioned the price, and some of the fake stuff is more expensive than dip. After a minute or two, cotton feels like long cut.
Thanks for the tip CaseyB!

I'm closing in on my last full week without chew since I can't even remember. :D

Offline CaseyB

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2015-08-17
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #15 on: September 11, 2015, 02:27:00 AM »
Great job.

Howdy. They say the pen is mightier than the sword, and I'm a writer who collects pokey things. Basically you're boned either way.

Offline Stranger999

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • Interests: Taking that first breath every morning before I post roll again.... Family, Philadelphia Eagles football, music, computers, solving puzzles of all sorts
« Reply #14 on: September 11, 2015, 01:34:00 AM »

Offline Keja

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2015-08-23
« Reply #13 on: September 11, 2015, 12:14:00 AM »
Don't stop, quit on!

Offline invader

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2015-03-12
  • Interests: Board games, antique bicycles, and doing my fair share to bankrupt the ghouls over at Copenhagen.
« Reply #12 on: September 11, 2015, 12:02:00 AM »
Hey!

Glad to have you on the site! What the others have said has been the absolute truth. I know it might seem unfathomable now, but the following is true:

- The fog will lift, and your mental clarity will be better than it has in years.
- Your numb tongue, cheeks, and gums will clear up.
- You'll realize you can enjoy everything you used to enjoy while dipping. In fact, you'll enjoy it more because you won't be worried about how you can get your next chew in.

Just keep toughing it out! You'll get to where you want to be!

Offline Stranger999

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
« Reply #11 on: September 10, 2015, 11:34:00 PM »
Thanks all, I seem to be doing a little better tonight. The headache isn't as bad right now and I can feel my tongue again at the moment. Mentally I still feel foggy, but I am hoping that lifts as I bet I will be better at my job than I have been in ages once I finish withdrawal from nicotine. I know that the long haul will be tough but I am determined to beat this crap!

Offline KingNothing

• Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: 2015-07-10
« Reply #10 on: September 10, 2015, 11:08:00 PM »
Quote from: worktowin
White as white collar gets. Ninja as ninja gets. Fog like I can't even describe. I tried to quit every day. And then I found KTC. I have posted roll every day since I joined this great website. Haven't missed a day.... You can't imagine how good life is gonna be. I promise.
This, this, and more of this brother. Quit is better than not. End of story. You will be thankful for this site. This site will provide you with the tools to do this thing. All you have to do is DO IT.
"Fuck nicotine dude. You don't need it. And you don't want it. It didn't do a thing for you and you know it." - worktowin
"today you dissided that shit wont control your life. and it wont. unless you let it." - drome
"Not thinking about nicotine is for people who've never used nicotine. We threw that option away with the first dip or drag on a cigarette. We are addicts, and cannot become un-addicted." - wildirish317
"You need to decide how much you really want to be quit." - pky1520
We are always at risk. And probably always will be. That is why I will never get "too quit" to post my +1. Every. Damn. Day. - geis2597

Intro
Freedom Tastes So Good

Quit: 7/10/15, HOF: 10/17/15, 2nd Floor: 1/25/16, 3rd Floor: 5/4/16, 1 year: 7/10/16 4th Floor: 8/12/16, 5th Floor: 11/20/16, 6th Floor: 2/28/17, 7th Floor: 6/8/17, 2 years: 7/10/17, 8th Floor: 9/16/17, 9th Floor: 12/25/17, Comma: 4/4/18, 3 years: 7/10/18, 11th Floor: 7/13/18

Offline worktowin

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Interests: GymWorkTravel
  • Likes Given: 106
« Reply #9 on: September 10, 2015, 10:33:00 PM »
Quote from: pab1964
Thanks guys! I'm feeling really good about this quit. I think I might be able to free myself from this curse this time. I'm still a little foggy but I have no desire to run out for another tin right how. Baby steps....
Stranger welcome, this site works but you gotta be willing to do your part. Post roll get help from all these badass quitters, I can tell you going at this alone sucks Monkey balls. We're all waiting on you! I quit with you today my friend!
Where do I do the roll call? I just see old links for that and my brain is a little toasted right now. lol
topic/11293904/27/#new

Get your name in this group. You'll probably fuck it up the first time. Someone will fix it. You'll figure it out in time fighting an enemy as a team is so much more effective than fighting alone. The other December bad asses are at the same place u are. You all win.

Dude you can do this. And you'll never go through this bs again.

-w2w

Offline Stranger999

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2015, 10:06:00 PM »
Thanks guys! I'm feeling really good about this quit. I think I might be able to free myself from this curse this time. I'm still a little foggy but I have no desire to run out for another tin right how. Baby steps....
Stranger welcome, this site works but you gotta be willing to do your part. Post roll get help from all these badass quitters, I can tell you going at this alone sucks Monkey balls. We're all waiting on you! I quit with you today my friend!
Where do I do the roll call? I just see old links for that and my brain is a little toasted right now. lol

Offline worktowin

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2015, 10:02:00 PM »
Putting your name on a list sounds pretty lame. Right? I remember thinking the same thing. Dude it works. Join us.

You will never regret quitting. Have you EVER heard anyone say... God I wish I still smoked/dipped?

Offline pab1964

• Family
  • Master of Quit
  • Loving the quit life
  • Interests: God family crappie fishing
  • Likes Given: 85
« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2015, 09:58:00 PM »
Tobacco is so addictive it took me a year after a massive heart attack, in which doctor confirmed caused from dipping to finally put a lid on the bitch! ODAAT EDD

Offline Stranger999

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2015, 09:48:00 PM »

Offline ChristopherJ

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: Sept 17, 2014
  • Interests: Travel, music, sports, art,
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2015, 09:43:00 PM »
Quote from: worktowin
OK, here we go, I've been using some form of tobacco for about 35 years. In the early days I was a "social" user. A cigarette or two at a happy hour or a few dips on a camping/fishing trip, that sort of thing. I'm a white collar worker and I didn't want anyone to know I used tobacco so I'd use after work or on weekends by myself. There are only a few close friends who even know I still messed with this stuff. Certainly not family members.

Anyway, things got worse about nine years ago. My office was closed and I started working from home where I could use tobacco all day long without anyone knowing about it. Recently the preferred tobacco has been Copenhagen long cut as for some reason Copenhagen snuff started to make me gag. I stopped smoking cigarettes in 2008 as I had developed this odd involuntary need to catch my breath every now and then. That reflex has gone away, thank God.

I've known for a while now that I need to stop. The hygienist at my dentist's office has mentioned my receding gums the last few visits. The cost of this stuff keeps going up and up as well, with more taxes on the way apparently. It was 75 cents a can for chew when I first started and now it is over 4 dollars. I may have been able to retire a few years ago had I never started down this awful path.

I've quit tobacco before and in the past I was fine after 3 days. This time however I must have been more addicted to the nicotine than I knew. After 2 or 3 days without chew my tongue and lower lip started feeling numb. That is when I found this website. I had no idea how many issues folks have with recovery from this addiction. I have a lot of brain fog and cold sweats out of the blue.

But I can't wait until day 7 because I am going to beat this addiction this time... B)B
25 year user here. White as white collar gets. Ninja as ninja gets. Fog like I can't even describe. I tried to quit every day. And then I found KTC. I have posted roll every day since I joined this great website. Haven't missed a day.

Next week I will hit 1000 days. Like you, I felt lost and hopeless. Today I am free. You can do this. If I can, you can.

Welcome aboard. If you'd like my number or any help, just send me a pm. You can't imagine how good life is gonna be. I promise.
Stranger you got this! Now that you've found KTC it's time to read as much as you can here and begin making your daily promise. We do it one day at a time here. Like Worktowin, you can contact me anytime.

CJ
Don't be afraid.  You are not alone.

Offline worktowin

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2015, 09:38:00 PM »
OK, here we go, I've been using some form of tobacco for about 35 years. In the early days I was a "social" user. A cigarette or two at a happy hour or a few dips on a camping/fishing trip, that sort of thing. I'm a white collar worker and I didn't want anyone to know I used tobacco so I'd use after work or on weekends by myself. There are only a few close friends who even know I still messed with this stuff. Certainly not family members.

Anyway, things got worse about nine years ago. My office was closed and I started working from home where I could use tobacco all day long without anyone knowing about it. Recently the preferred tobacco has been Copenhagen long cut as for some reason Copenhagen snuff started to make me gag. I stopped smoking cigarettes in 2008 as I had developed this odd involuntary need to catch my breath every now and then. That reflex has gone away, thank God.

I've known for a while now that I need to stop. The hygienist at my dentist's office has mentioned my receding gums the last few visits. The cost of this stuff keeps going up and up as well, with more taxes on the way apparently. It was 75 cents a can for chew when I first started and now it is over 4 dollars. I may have been able to retire a few years ago had I never started down this awful path.

I've quit tobacco before and in the past I was fine after 3 days. This time however I must have been more addicted to the nicotine than I knew. After 2 or 3 days without chew my tongue and lower lip started feeling numb. That is when I found this website. I had no idea how many issues folks have with recovery from this addiction. I have a lot of brain fog and cold sweats out of the blue.

But I can't wait until day 7 because I am going to beat this addiction this time... B)B
25 year user here. White as white collar gets. Ninja as ninja gets. Fog like I can't even describe. I tried to quit every day. And then I found KTC. I have posted roll every day since I joined this great website. Haven't missed a day.

Next week I will hit 1000 days. Like you, I felt lost and hopeless. Today I am free. You can do this. If I can, you can.

Welcome aboard. If you'd like my number or any help, just send me a pm. You can't imagine how good life is gonna be. I promise.