Author Topic: Day 47 and counting  (Read 4910 times)

Offline Stranger999

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: 09/05/2015
  • Interests: Taking that first breath every morning before I post roll again.... Family, Philadelphia Eagles football, music, computers, solving puzzles of all sorts
  • Likes Given: 244
Re: Day 47 and counting
« Reply #23 on: March 27, 2022, 12:37:58 AM »
4 years and going strong.

Awesome!  Now hunt down @Bsarno and tell him your secret.  This site doesn't work for him either, but he never stays quit.   

Offline Makimi

• Quit Date: 2018-03-21
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #22 on: March 26, 2022, 03:40:53 PM »
4 years and going strong.

Offline Makimi

« Reply #21 on: March 02, 2021, 05:47:12 PM »
Don't really understand the reason for  original post, unless you need some validation.  Which is pretty sad.....I'm sorry that you have that hole in you life.

Maybe a trip to the dog pound would help?  Bet there are hundreds of souls that will love you up there...you can even bring one home!  (And it PROBABLY won't judge you for making a random post, on a random page, that you clearly don't need, using your own words.

But; Sure am proud of my brothers @Sajax @nick-Otine Free @JeffH4257.....Nice job sniffing out the pathetic bullshit.  Quit on!

Haha

Offline Freddi

• Quit Pro
  • Hateful Loner - Dec 2020
  • Quit Date: 8/25/2020
  • Likes Given: 564
« Reply #20 on: February 27, 2021, 03:57:43 PM »
Don't really understand the reason for  original post, unless you need some validation.  Which is pretty sad.....I'm sorry that you have that hole in you life.

Maybe a trip to the dog pound would help?  Bet there are hundreds of souls that will love you up there...you can even bring one home!  (And it PROBABLY won't judge you for making a random post, on a random page, that you clearly don't need, using your own words.

But; Sure am proud of my brothers @Sajax @nick-Otine Free @JeffH4257.....Nice job sniffing out the pathetic bullshit.  Quit on!
I do not suffer from insanity....I enjoy every moment of it.

My HOF Speech - https://ktcforum.org/index.php?topic=16842.0

Favorite quote:  Deservant of a throat punch.  'bang head'  - bubblehed668

Favorite 'report': This moderator is harassing me not posting every single day. This is ridiculous. - Clueless

Offline Makimi

« Reply #19 on: February 27, 2021, 02:32:26 PM »
Look, honestly I just submitted an update while I was looking around. I wasn’t looking for help, nor was I looking for attention. It was simply an update on a post nearly 3 years ago. Everyone of you that has replied to my post has in some way has made disparaging remarks towards my post. Did I participate the way the forum was designed? No, I didn’t.  It’s ok. Y’all keep on doing your thing and I’ll keep on doing mine. Some of y’all need to search out other support groups as well for the very obvious other problems you have in addition to smokeless tobacco.

Offline EXBEARHAG

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 16 July, 2019
  • Likes Given: 825
« Reply #18 on: February 27, 2021, 02:30:30 PM »
@Makimi

'libs2'  'facepalm''

You don't quite get it my friend.  We are all happy that you are still quit. However, your message may push a lurker into thinking they can put their quit off or that they can do it without help.  Most that visit this site have been there, tried that, and FAILED.  Myself included.  Multiple times.  If I saw your post on the day that I found the site, it may have been the out that I was looking for.  An addict's brain is always looking for a way out.

Seems to me that the only reason you have to post your 3 year mark is to push it in our face.  We are happy for you but what affect do you think that message may have on potential quitters?  Do you think your ability to quit on your own is the rule or the exception?

Regardless of how you feel about individual members or comments here, this place exists to help people recover from a debilitating addiction. Your comments do nothing but undermine that process.  Join, post roll, and pay it back...help others walk the path you have. 

OR GTFO. 

If you can't see that your comments are detrimental to the mission of this site, you are more than arrogant, you are sadistic. 

PS- tell your buddy to look me up when he decides to quit.  My phone number is ready for him to have and I look forward to helping him navigate a difficult time.

~HAG

Offline Makimi

« Reply #17 on: February 27, 2021, 02:23:13 PM »
It’s ok guys. I’ll be fine. Y’all just keep affirming the exact reasons why I didn’t participate in this forum. Y’all keep on attacking people that have a different point of view. Everyone of the replies have had just as much arrogance as any of mine.
you don’t need the site , but you want people to give you a slap on the back for 3 year? Don’t need the site , butya do why else come back, for referral reasons? Then refer don’t boast about 3 years. Cool ya different way why comment in here? To stir the shit pot? We struggle daily and it takes these assholes to keep “some off us” not all of us quit. So send your referral to your friend via text tell him about the site and he can choose, don’t need ya gold staring in here like your the shit .

Never posted for accolades. Apparently the only way to quit, according to this group, is to follow the step by step format...... I looked up my original post and just thought I would submit an update. I didn’t go searching out anyone else’s and start posting shit on theirs. 

Offline nick-Otine Free

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quitting MoFo
  • LTBE- Quittin since 12/30/20
  • Interests: traveling,Hunting,backpacking, Fully Sending it, working out, reading, God, Motivation
  • Likes Given: 1868
« Reply #16 on: February 27, 2021, 02:14:27 PM »
It’s ok guys. I’ll be fine. Y’all just keep affirming the exact reasons why I didn’t participate in this forum. Y’all keep on attacking people that have a different point of view. Everyone of the replies have had just as much arrogance as any of mine.
you don’t need the site , but you want people to give you a slap on the back for 3 year? Don’t need the site , butya do why else come back, for referral reasons? Then refer don’t boast about 3 years. Cool ya different way why comment in here? To stir the shit pot? We struggle daily and it takes these assholes to keep “some off us” not all of us quit. So send your referral to your friend via text tell him about the site and he can choose, don’t need ya gold staring in here like your the shit . 
I may not be a smart man, but I know what quit is! -Quitest Gump-
     -Don't plan for the future, Quit for today!-
"The way to get started is to (quit) talking and begin doing." Walt Disney
~you cant plan your quit you just have to do it, both feet free fall.~
"Cowards die many times before their deaths, the Valiant never taste of death but once"
Daily Devotional

Offline Makimi

« Reply #15 on: February 27, 2021, 09:28:58 AM »
Honestly not trolling. A buddy of mine is trying to start quitting and I referred him to this page. I’m not going to start doing daily post because I don’t want to think about the fact that I’m not dipping everyday. I loved my Copenhagen and still do. I get warm in my chest and my mouth waters when I talk about it. I dipped for 16 years. Started when I was 18 and ended up over a can a day at 22 on my first of 3 tours in Iraq.

Anyhow, I’ll just leave this page be. I completely forgot about it before inviting a friend a over. I have no desire to converse with someone like you.

Also, if you were active here in your quit, you would know that your buddy trying to quit is not a strategy.  You either quit or you don't.  So refer him here for what purpose? To remind him daily of his love of cope?

Smfh

Troll status

Obviously I don’t know the steps because I didn’t participate in them. I quit 40 something days prior to even finding this forum. I have literally spent more time replying to you than I have anything else on this page.

I don’t sniff cans daily, occasionally when I am around someone who has a can, I smell it. It’s a great smell. I also smell candles often too. I like smells.

I could come here and post daily and it wouldn’t matter with my quitting. But what’s the point. My point was I did just fine quitting my way. I had dreams and cravings and all kinds of things. I’m ok. I will continue to be ok

Now you are attacking me because I refereed someone to this page, who has recently started talking in passing about wanting to quit. I know the strategy and mind set of you quit or don’t. In one of my previous post I said I did just that and I was completely ready for it. I looked in the mirror looked at my orange waffled cheek in my mouth and took it right out.

It’s ok

Offline Makimi

« Reply #14 on: February 27, 2021, 09:12:51 AM »
« Last Edit: February 27, 2021, 09:17:23 AM by Makimi »

Offline Sajax

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2014-09-23
  • Likes Given: 83
« Reply #13 on: February 27, 2021, 04:11:50 AM »
In no way was my reply meant to be arrogant. It most likely came across that way, but that wasn’t the intent. When I quit almost 3 years ago. I just put in a dip. I was about an hour away from going home from work. ( I work out in the west Texas oil fields and spend 80% of my day in my truck. ) I bought two cans to compliment my opened and almost empty two cans from the previous day. I was always terrified of getting home and being out. Anyhow I put one in and it didn’t taste good to me. I was just done with it. I have looked up tons of pictures, I did all kinds of things in the past to try to influence myself to quit. Nothing ever bothered me. But this day was different. I was just done. I made my mind up and it was a rough week. Luckily my x wife was going out of town the next day for 4 or so days. It was a breeze. I think you have to do that. You have to make your mind up that you are done. I know that if I ever put in another pinch it’s game over and I’ll probably never quit again. I work closet around people that dip every day all day. I can smell it, I even grab their cans and smell it. Like I said. I love the stuff. But I made my mind up and I am done with it.

You sir are a walking contradiction.  You sniff the cans of your daily buddies at work, but can't post daily roll here because it reminds you how bad you want to dip?

Dude, that's fucking bonkers to me.

Whatever, good luck

-Jeff

KTC is not the only way to escape addiction to tobacco, but it is the only way that works for me and many like me. Coming by and discussing how awesome you are doesn't make me think you got it figured out, it makes me feel like you come to gloat to people who are struggling and that makes you kind of a bad person in my mind. So I would ask for the benefit of people who don't have it all figured out like you to take your business elsewhere. Here we quit by posting daily our promise to one another. We aren't interested in any quit theories you are selling. I hope your buddy finds here what works for us and it works for him.

When you fail in your quit, as I know you will, then maybe you can stop and think about why we do what we do and why it works. Maybe even stop by and give it a shot. Otherwise, please move along.
Vortex navigation aid:  This post was made by Sajax

https://ktcforum.org/index.php?topic=6476.msg426318#msg426318

If you are arguing a position you don't necessarily agree with but are playing devil's advocate, please spell that out for me. I'm not very bright and like to understand when people are sincere or not.

Offline JeffH4257

• BANNED
  • Quitter
  • Quit Date: 11-15-2020
  • Likes Given: 1031
« Reply #12 on: February 26, 2021, 11:38:17 PM »
Honestly not trolling. A buddy of mine is trying to start quitting and I referred him to this page. I’m not going to start doing daily post because I don’t want to think about the fact that I’m not dipping everyday. I loved my Copenhagen and still do. I get warm in my chest and my mouth waters when I talk about it. I dipped for 16 years. Started when I was 18 and ended up over a can a day at 22 on my first of 3 tours in Iraq.

Anyhow, I’ll just leave this page be. I completely forgot about it before inviting a friend a over. I have no desire to converse with someone like you.

Also, if you were active here in your quit, you would know that your buddy trying to quit is not a strategy.  You either quit or you don't.  So refer him here for what purpose? To remind him daily of his love of cope?

Smfh

Troll status

Offline JeffH4257

• BANNED
  • Quitter
  • Quit Date: 11-15-2020
  • Likes Given: 1031
« Reply #11 on: February 26, 2021, 11:22:47 PM »
In no way was my reply meant to be arrogant. It most likely came across that way, but that wasn’t the intent. When I quit almost 3 years ago. I just put in a dip. I was about an hour away from going home from work. ( I work out in the west Texas oil fields and spend 80% of my day in my truck. ) I bought two cans to compliment my opened and almost empty two cans from the previous day. I was always terrified of getting home and being out. Anyhow I put one in and it didn’t taste good to me. I was just done with it. I have looked up tons of pictures, I did all kinds of things in the past to try to influence myself to quit. Nothing ever bothered me. But this day was different. I was just done. I made my mind up and it was a rough week. Luckily my x wife was going out of town the next day for 4 or so days. It was a breeze. I think you have to do that. You have to make your mind up that you are done. I know that if I ever put in another pinch it’s game over and I’ll probably never quit again. I work closet around people that dip every day all day. I can smell it, I even grab their cans and smell it. Like I said. I love the stuff. But I made my mind up and I am done with it.

You sir are a walking contradiction.  You sniff the cans of your daily buddies at work, but can't post daily roll here because it reminds you how bad you want to dip?

Dude, that's fucking bonkers to me.

Whatever, good luck

-Jeff

Offline snahsorg

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 2018.08.21
  • Likes Given: 285
« Reply #10 on: February 26, 2021, 10:49:14 PM »
...I have no desire to converse with someone like you.

Someone like me is probably a lot more similar to someone like you than you would care to find out. We are both addicts. Best of luck to you.

Offline Makimi

« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2021, 09:36:35 PM »