Author Topic: Day 1... I quit  (Read 49983 times)

Offline AppleJack

• Rockin’ in the free world...
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: April 17, 2013
  • Likes Given: 106
Re: Day 1... I quit
« Reply #50 on: May 16, 2013, 05:52:00 PM »
Quote from: Erussell
To the Bad ass quitter that owns this thread,

All the pain you are going thru and still take the time to check on the guys just behind you, like me. Thanks for the text today, it meant alot to me. Caught me at a needed time. You hang tough and you remember, now that you are part of this group not only "you" depend on your decision to remain quit! You are one hell of a quitter bro! I am thankful to be quit with you Applejack!

Apprentice Quitter 2 U
Erussell

That, right there... That was MONEY. Thank you bro! That butched my quit for today and made it a little more hairy and manly :)

See you tomorrow... Let's do this quit again.
Well, it’s one louder, isn’t it? It’s not ten.

Offline Erussell

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 2013-04-30
  • Interests: Time with daughter. Anything outdoors.
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #49 on: May 16, 2013, 03:37:00 PM »
To the Bad ass quitter that owns this thread,

All the pain you are going thru and still take the time to check on the guys just behind you, like me. Thanks for the text today, it meant alot to me. Caught me at a needed time. You hang tough and you remember, now that you are part of this group not only "you" depend on your decision to remain quit! You are one hell of a quitter bro! I am thankful to be quit with you Applejack!

Apprentice Quitter 2 U
Erussell
I would rather lose to a cheater than win as a cheater.

Offline Sage

• Quitter
  • Interests: My husband, my boys 15 yo and 12 yo, camping, boating, quilting
« Reply #48 on: May 16, 2013, 03:23:00 AM »
Quote from: AppleJack
Quote from: Sage
Quote from: bigj77707
25 days. A fairly symbolic number for me today. 1 day quit for every year I was a slave. That's 25 days of freedom stacked against 9,125 days of being a slave to nicotine. No more. I don't want to ramble so suffice to say... My world is changing, my outlook is unhindered and unpolluted. No more lies, no more shame, no more self-loathing, no more nic. No. More!! Watch out day 26... You're next.
Proud to be a July quitter with you applejack. Keep it up!

Thank you bro! Proud to be a July quitter with you too... Even if we don't know what the hell to call ourselves!

Day 30 today... Hopefully this 2nd stage funk/I don't give a damn attitude will wear off soon. Even I'm starting to piss myself off! The 20's have been a pain in the ass... Anyone!? I'll take even a tiny breather from constant anxiety/panic attack mode I've been in. DAMN!
The 20 to 30's really did suck. The good news is that very soon it gets tons better. I know it feels like you are at the end of your strength. Don't give up! A joyful, free life is right around the corner. (Besides, Applejack, any ideas of caving we would find you and kick your ass. :unsure: ). Anyway, hang in there, you are doing awesome!

Mucho appreciated Sage! I think Jaynellie would beat you to the ass-kickin'... He's a whole lot closer than you... Literally, down the road from me close :)
Oh good, AppleJack because I live in Alaska. I would still find you, though. :P or maybe send a brother hit man.

Offline AppleJack

• Master of Quit
« Reply #47 on: May 16, 2013, 02:56:00 AM »
Quote from: Sage
25 days. A fairly symbolic number for me today. 1 day quit for every year I was a slave. That's 25 days of freedom stacked against 9,125 days of being a slave to nicotine. No more. I don't want to ramble so suffice to say... My world is changing, my outlook is unhindered and unpolluted. No more lies, no more shame, no more self-loathing, no more nic. No. More!! Watch out day 26... You're next.

Thank you bro! Proud to be a July quitter with you too... Even if we don't know what the hell to call ourselves!

Day 30 today... Hopefully this 2nd stage funk/I don't give a damn attitude will wear off soon. Even I'm starting to piss myself off! The 20's have been a pain in the ass... Anyone!? I'll take even a tiny breather from constant anxiety/panic attack mode I've been in. DAMN!
The 20 to 30's really did suck. The good news is that very soon it gets tons better. I know it feels like you are at the end of your strength. Don't give up! A joyful, free life is right around the corner. (Besides, Applejack, any ideas of caving we would find you and kick your ass. :unsure: ). Anyway, hang in there, you are doing awesome!

Mucho appreciated Sage! I think Jaynellie would beat you to the ass-kickin'... He's a whole lot closer than you... Literally, down the road from me close :)

Offline Sage

• Quitter
  • Interests: My husband, my boys 15 yo and 12 yo, camping, boating, quilting
« Reply #46 on: May 16, 2013, 02:48:00 AM »

Offline AppleJack

• Master of Quit
« Reply #45 on: May 16, 2013, 02:11:00 AM »

Offline bigj77707

• Quitter
« Reply #44 on: May 16, 2013, 12:08:00 AM »
I quit on 4-8-13

Offline Erussell

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 2013-04-30
  • Interests: Time with daughter. Anything outdoors.
« Reply #43 on: May 11, 2013, 03:16:00 AM »
25 days. A fairly symbolic number for me today. 1 day quit for every year I was a slave. That's 25 days of freedom stacked against 9,125 days of being a slave to nicotine. That is soooo screwed up! I don't want to ramble so suffice to say... My world is changing, my outlook is unhindered and unpolluted. No more lies, no more shame, no more self-loathing, no more nic. No. More!! Watch out day 26... You're next.
Applejack
Your quit is so BA, you keep rocking your quit. Thank you for paving a path for many of us. Thank you for all your help, your quit has strengthened mine, I quit with you man!
I would rather lose to a cheater than win as a cheater.

Offline AppleJack

• Master of Quit
« Reply #42 on: May 11, 2013, 02:32:00 AM »

Offline srans

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Fishing and playing the guitar.
« Reply #41 on: April 29, 2013, 02:06:00 PM »
Quote from: Bean
That is good shit, right there.  Congrats.  I had a few dip dreams...one was so real I actually had to check my pockets and truck before I was sure it was just a dream.

Just kick the Nic Bitch in the balls each day by posting roll.  Sounds like you have a great quit going.  CONGRATS, Brother!!!
Yeah man, I had to sit on the edge of the bed and logic my way through it!
The Nic bitch knows she can't get you when your awake, so she comes for you in your dreams... I had one so real I still think i caved. I couldn't find any proof so I kept posting.

Quit on my friend.
Hof date may 25, 2013
HoF Speech

The poison sucks. I hate it. I hated it this morning, I hated it at noon, I hated it at supper and I hate it tonight. I enjoy hating it so much I'm going to wake up tomorrow and start over hating it. I quit with anyone that wants to hate it with me.

Offline AppleJack

• Master of Quit
« Reply #40 on: April 29, 2013, 01:30:00 PM »
Quote from: Bean
That is good shit, right there.  Congrats.  I had a few dip dreams...one was so real I actually had to check my pockets and truck before I was sure it was just a dream.

Just kick the Nic Bitch in the balls each day by posting roll.  Sounds like you have a great quit going.  CONGRATS, Brother!!!
Yeah man, I had to sit on the edge of the bed and logic my way through it!

Offline Bean

• Quitter
« Reply #39 on: April 29, 2013, 01:19:00 PM »
That is good shit, right there. Congrats. I had a few dip dreams...one was so real I actually had to check my pockets and truck before I was sure it was just a dream.

Just kick the Nic Bitch in the balls each day by posting roll. Sounds like you have a great quit going. CONGRATS, Brother!!!

Offline AppleJack

• Master of Quit
« Reply #38 on: April 29, 2013, 12:39:00 PM »
Day 13... Had my first dip dream last night. Holy Mother of God. It was an evil bomb dropped into my brain. It's all a li'l foggy now but, in the dream, I didn't even want it. No crave - no jones... It was just routine. I also recall being indifferent in the dream... Didn't really take any enjoyment from it. The truly scary part is this: How easily, how quickly I was ready to lie about it and hide it. Do I really need to confess? It's just this once... I'll sweep it under and just move on. It won't affect my relationships/day count/integrity/self-worth. I'm good, I can handle it.

I must've spent most of the night in that half sleep stage... The "quit" me fighting with the evil dream me. Half asleep rational mind fighting with that deep subconscious monster of dream land. I am funked up and tired today. If ever I had any lingering doubts about my status, my reality, as an addict... They are so much dust in the wind right now. How easily I considered lying and hiding and justifying that dream dip was damn terrifying. Just one doesn't happen for me. I. Will. Die.
My addiction will see to it... I can't edit or moderate my intake. I'm still jumpy and vibrating from adrenaline 5 hrs after waking up. Here's what I know... That dream was a glimpse of what could be. My reality... I am quit today. Damn right!

Offline adam1974

• Quitter
« Reply #37 on: April 27, 2013, 12:31:00 AM »
I'm with you bud! You're doing great. Positive reinforcement. I would not be doing my KTC duty though if I didn't say: Don't fuck up! Text me before you fuck up. I'll PM you my number.
My Hall of Fame Speech:

http://forum.killthecan.org/index.php?showtopic=8374

11th Floor: February 15th, 2016
First Comma: November 7, 2015
9th Floor: July 30, 2015
8th Floor: April 21, 2015
7th Floor: January 11, 2015
6th Floor: October 3, 2014
5th Floor: June 25, 2014
4th Floor: Mar 17, 2014
3rd Floor: Dec 7, 2013
2nd Floor: Aug 29, 2013
HOF: May 21, 2013
Quit: Feb 11, 2013

Offline Souliman

• Quitting MoFo
  • Interests: Swim Bike Run - Shooting - Chasing my boys around.
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #36 on: April 26, 2013, 09:33:00 PM »
Keep fighting brother. Anger seems to be a problem for all of us at one point or another during the quit. Just remember fences can be mended but your word cannot. Sometimes, you got to uncork to keep on the path. Keep up the good work.