Author Topic: 1 year cave here!,,,  (Read 579 times)

Offline Frazzled

• Eternal Quitters
  • Master of Quit
  • 1/3/2011
  • Quit Date: 1/3/2011
  • Likes Given: 71
Re: 1 year cave here!,,,
« Reply #13 on: March 05, 2017, 07:25:00 AM »
Quote from: Nolaq
Quote from: Supermoon
Im back for help
You had all the help you needed last time.

What makes you worthy of our help this time?

You have to earn it, snowflake.
You're a fucking mess. Get your shit in order.
You'd best come back to this board sober and not fuck with others' quits. That is all I have seen you do since you got back here.

You keep calling out to me for help. Why don't you read the love note I sent you via PM so we can chat?

Stop wasting peoples' time if all you are going to do is talk shit like a drunken sailor. Your life might be hard but we all have choices. You chose wrong and are now having to deal with the consequences. Man the fuck up and start acting like someone who wants to Quit.
Quit Date 1/3/11
Floor 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37

Offline Nolaq

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #12 on: March 02, 2017, 10:04:00 PM »
Im back for help

You're a fucking mess. Get your shit in order.
What is your major malfunction?!?!?!?!

Offline Nolaq

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #11 on: March 02, 2017, 10:01:00 PM »
Im back for help

What is your major malfunction?!?!?!?!

Offline Supermoon Eclipse

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2017-03-03
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #10 on: March 02, 2017, 09:52:00 PM »
Im back for help
Don't hide your thoughts of craving or caving.
Share them with your accountability group. Then the thoughts go away.
If not... Your ninja addict thoughts become another poison eating away at your soul...
Rawls

"Everyone who depends on you being quit, depends on you caring enough about yourself to post roll every day." - Steakbomb18

Offline KingNothing

• Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: 2015-07-10
« Reply #9 on: October 23, 2015, 12:29:00 PM »
Quote from: eyehatecope
I had my first tobacco dream last night. Weird thing was i was smoking a cigarrette( actually had two) and not dipping. It was a very unpleasant experience, i was mad at myself and it made me feel like crap. I woke up from the dream happier to be on this quit journey today. I have been experiencing more rage and disco tentment with people around me recently, so maybe this was my brain working out some kinks
Remind yourself to not take anything out on anyone.

take a walk. run. punch something. whatever you need to do to get through it.

Congrats on the continued quit and the dreams suck!!!!!!!!
It won't be the last Moon. You're winning and nic doesn't like that. Keep winning and to hell with nic.
"Fuck nicotine dude. You don't need it. And you don't want it. It didn't do a thing for you and you know it." - worktowin
"today you dissided that shit wont control your life. and it wont. unless you let it." - drome
"Not thinking about nicotine is for people who've never used nicotine. We threw that option away with the first dip or drag on a cigarette. We are addicts, and cannot become un-addicted." - wildirish317
"You need to decide how much you really want to be quit." - pky1520
We are always at risk. And probably always will be. That is why I will never get "too quit" to post my +1. Every. Damn. Day. - geis2597

Intro
Freedom Tastes So Good

Quit: 7/10/15, HOF: 10/17/15, 2nd Floor: 1/25/16, 3rd Floor: 5/4/16, 1 year: 7/10/16 4th Floor: 8/12/16, 5th Floor: 11/20/16, 6th Floor: 2/28/17, 7th Floor: 6/8/17, 2 years: 7/10/17, 8th Floor: 9/16/17, 9th Floor: 12/25/17, Comma: 4/4/18, 3 years: 7/10/18, 11th Floor: 7/13/18

Offline eyehatecope

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2015-08-09
« Reply #8 on: October 23, 2015, 10:51:00 AM »
I had my first tobacco dream last night. Weird thing was i was smoking a cigarrette( actually had two) and not dipping. It was a very unpleasant experience, i was mad at myself and it made me feel like crap. I woke up from the dream happier to be on this quit journey today. I have been experiencing more rage and disco tentment with people around me recently, so maybe this was my brain working out some kinks
Remind yourself to not take anything out on anyone.

take a walk. run. punch something. whatever you need to do to get through it.

Congrats on the continued quit and the dreams suck!!!!!!!!
Jenny and Tom Kern

RIP My Brother!

• Quitter
« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2015, 07:35:00 AM »
If not... Your ninja addict thoughts become another poison eating away at your soul...
Rawls

"Everyone who depends on you being quit, depends on you caring enough about yourself to post roll every day." - Steakbomb18

Offline canless2014

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2014-06-30
« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2015, 06:09:00 PM »
Quote from: quark
It is hard to know if dip helped you study at age 14, or if you were having trouble studying because of nicotine withdrawal, and so you threw in a dip. Nic has been lying to you your whole life. Dip, smoking, patches, combinations therein, that shit really has had you in slavery. One day at a time and post roll every day, and you can do it this time.
Quark, I had never thought of it that way. I have always sort of silently maintained that dip helped me study, even while I rage against my addiction and big tobacco.

But I never considered that I survived a challenging high school career and almost a full year of college without nicotine, yet suddenly by junior year I had convinced myself that I needed nicotine somehow to study. Crazy shit.
"Post roll. Post more if you want to. That's the beauty of the place: We ask you post roll. We ask you to be honest. That's all. No more. No less. Be there for your brothers and ask for help when you need it." - Wastepanel 10/6/14

"What would you do to save your own life? If you were fighting cancer today would you suffer through Chemo, surgeries, try new a therapy? change your diet, go to church? What intolerable hell would you endure to simply live. When you have thought long and hard about that, think on this. Why not apply that attitude to your quit. Suffer through the temporary discomfort of withdrawal to achieve your freedom from a slow painful demise via nicotine. Your in the ring already- fight like you mean it." - Skoal Monster 10/8/14

Quit Date: 6/30/2014 at 4:30 PM

HOF Date: 10/07/2014

Offline pab1964

• Family
  • Master of Quit
  • Loving the quit life
  • Interests: God family crappie fishing
  • Likes Given: 85
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2015, 09:46:00 PM »
Doing great My friend! it gets much easier. Don't let your guard down, this bitch will pounce on you! Lean on your brothers and sisters and use the tools available! Quit on!
Tobacco is so addictive it took me a year after a massive heart attack, in which doctor confirmed caused from dipping to finally put a lid on the bitch! ODAAT EDD

Offline eyehatecope

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2015-08-09
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2015, 09:09:00 PM »
Congrats Supermoon. One day at a time. I quit with you and am here if you need anything.
Jenny and Tom Kern

RIP My Brother!

Offline quark

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2015-03-23
  • Interests: Biking, swimming, running, reading
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2015, 05:08:00 PM »
It is hard to know if dip helped you study at age 14, or if you were having trouble studying because of nicotine withdrawal, and so you threw in a dip. Nic has been lying to you your whole life. Dip, smoking, patches, combinations therein, that shit really has had you in slavery. One day at a time and post roll every day, and you can do it this time.

Offline Nomore1959

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Quit King
  • Likes Given: 329
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2015, 11:58:00 AM »
Hah, I knew that eclipse had super powers! Welcome to quit.

Good idea to use this intro as a log of your quit. It will serve of a reminder of how far you have come, how much better life is, and how the first days of quit suck too much to be repeated. Over time, nicotine will try to delude you into thinking you are "cured." If that though ever enters your mind, reread your intro from the first post and understand that as addicts we are never "cured."

It keeps getting better, I quit with you today.

• Quitter
1 year cave here!,,,
« on: October 19, 2015, 11:53:00 AM »
I have been meaning to quit nicotine since i was around 28 years old. I am now 44. I started dip at age 14(helped me study), switched to cigs at 22, both at 28, then only chew at 38. I stopped once with the help of patches 4 years ago but only lasted 8 months. I now have 2 kids with my GF and I started to feel stunned that this habit had such control of me. I was watching the last lunar eclipse with the family and something in my mind just switched, I realized whats important, and that i had to do whatever I could to preserve my health. I decided on the spot to not put another dip into my lip. And to look at the coming battle with my addiction as a fun test of my strength. To gain energy from the pain I knew was waiting. Well it has worked so far. Two weeks of freedom from that crutch. I feel clear headed, more motivated, better rested, and a better partner to my family. I want this to last......forever

(I copied this from my post in the roll page 1 week ago so I could have a formal intro here in the right section. I am so happy to be quit now for three weeks with my fellow DOG army.)
Rawls