Author Topic: Day 1 Complete  (Read 19442 times)

Offline Keith0617

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: October 5, 2018
  • Likes Given: 1619
Re: Day 1 Complete
« Reply #61 on: February 07, 2020, 11:38:39 PM »
43 done, 44 tomorrow.

Not much to really update.  Settling in at my new job and starting to build a routine.  Feeling pretty good overall.  Haven't had any cravings for the nicotine at all but keeping the fake stuff in my lip a bit more than i would like.  Mouth has started to heal and i've been sleeping pretty well.

Overall doing pretty well.
Great to hear brother. Keep doing what you are doing and taking it one day at a a time.
Jan19

Offline titus01

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 12-26-2019
  • Likes Given: 8
« Reply #60 on: February 07, 2020, 07:03:33 PM »
43 done, 44 tomorrow.

Not much to really update.  Settling in at my new job and starting to build a routine.  Feeling pretty good overall.  Haven't had any cravings for the nicotine at all but keeping the fake stuff in my lip a bit more than i would like.  Mouth has started to heal and i've been sleeping pretty well.

Overall doing pretty well.

Offline titus01

• Quitter
« Reply #59 on: January 29, 2020, 08:59:55 PM »
34 done, 35 on deck.

Finally starting to settle in and there are less things to unbox everyday.   Still feeling pretty well and finally got a decent workout in today.  Mouth still a bit sore but finally seems to be healing.  Outside of that not much else to say.

Overall good day.

Offline titus01

• Quitter
« Reply #58 on: January 28, 2020, 06:19:37 PM »
33 Days finished (almost), 34 tomorrow.

Been a busy few days as i have been trying to get settled in.  Man getting things setup and moved in has taken a lot longer than i thought it would, but its nice to not be living out of a hotel.  Today was my first full day at the new job.  It was really nice to not have to sneak out to steal a dip.

Mouth is still a little sore but overall I've felt fine.  Need to get back into the routine and working out. 

Offline titus01

• Quitter
« Reply #57 on: January 23, 2020, 10:52:06 PM »
@Bug Guy my time is really limited due to the move and new job but i can help some if needed.

28 Down, 29 tomorrow.

Another day down.  Not much to say.  mouth is still pretty sore but outside of that feeling pretty good.  Getting fat trying out new restaurants without getting any workouts in but oh well.  Getting the keys to my new place tomorrow and should have some stuff delivered ahead of the rest of my stuff arriving. 

Overall slow day today.

Offline Bug Guy

• REMF
  • Moderator (Retired)
  • Quit King
  • Just a squirrel trying to get a nut
  • Quit Date: 1-4-19
  • Interests: Buckeye Football, Hunting, Hiking, Hanging with the family
  • Likes Given: 2427
« Reply #56 on: January 23, 2020, 11:59:01 AM »
Do you and would you have the ability to help out with the SSOA/ tracking down the missing/ and/or roll flipping duties in your April 2020 quit group? Any help at all is much appreciated and goes along way when it comes to Brotherhood + Accountability. Thanks in advance!
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

INTRO | HOF SPEECH | HOF WRITEUP
QUIT 1/4/19 HOF 4/13/19 2ND FLOOR 7/22/19 3RD FLOOR 10/30/19 4TH FLOOR 2/7/20 5TH FLOOR 5/17/20 6TH FLOOR 8/25/20 7TH FLOOR 12/3/20 8TH FLOOR 3/13/21 9TH FLOOR 6/21/21 DANGLE FLOOR 9/29/21 11TH FLOOR 1/7/22 12TH FLOOR 4/17/22

Offline titus01

• Quitter
« Reply #55 on: January 22, 2020, 08:44:53 PM »
27 down, 28 Up.

Started the new job today.  Pretty much just walked around meeting all of the new people ill be working with.  Couple of easy days the next few days to settle in and then will hopefully hit the ground running next week.  Looking forward to getting my stuff here and moved in to my new place and getting some routines in place. 

Overall feeling pretty well outside of the soreness in my mouth.

Offline arrakisdq

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quit King
  • Quit Date: 4/30/2018
  • Likes Given: 167
« Reply #54 on: January 22, 2020, 02:02:44 PM »
25 days done, 26 tomorrow.

Was traveling cross country last night and din't get a chance to post.  Not much to say.  Im feeling good though eating a bit too much lately and not getting any exercise due to transit.  Look forward to getting moved in once my stuff arrives here in a week or so.

Mouth feels like it is one big sore.  Guessing its the healing the timeline mentions.  Also notice that my tongue feel dead, for lack or a better term, in one spot.  Not sure if anyone else has experienced that or not.  Feeling jet lagged today and can barely keep my eyes open but looking forward to getting some rest tonight. 

Overall feeling pretty good except for my mouth.

I'm on day 25 as well. I have pain in my gums/jaw... especially in the area on my left side where my chew always sat. I too have tongue weirdness... Hard to explain, but a dull pain on the side of the tongue and the underside of it near the back of my mouth.

It's scary, but I take solace in having spoken to some friends who have quit and experienced similar things. I talked to my buddy who quit about 5 years ago and he said it took him a long time before his mouth felt 'normal.'
The symptoms are normal. Give it time.
As @Keith0617 pointed out it takes time.  I had terrible issues with my tongue and admittedly one of the contributing factors/reasons that led to my quit.  At any rate you should chat with your doctor and dentist.  It was my doctor actually that suggested taking B12 and zinc supplements.  My condition was an irritable and sore tongue.  It took a few months but I can tell you today all is find and I still take those supplements.  Side benefit with the zinc is it reduces getting colds :)

Keep up the good work @TerryConklin  and @titus01

Arrak
« Last Edit: January 22, 2020, 02:04:24 PM by arrakisdq »
HOF Date: 8/7/2018, 2nd Flr 11/15/2018, 3rd Flr 2/23/2019, 4th Flr 6/3/2019, 5th Flr 9/11/2019, 6th Flr 12/20/2019, 7th Flr 3/29/2020, 2 Years 4/28/2020, 8th Flr 7/7/2020 9th Flr 10/15/2020, 10th Flr 1/23/2021 3 Years 4/30/21 11th Flr 5/3/2021, 12th Flr 8/11/2021, 13th Flr 11/19/2021, 14th Flr 2/27/2022, 15th Flr 6/7/2022, 16th Flr 9/15/2022, 17th Flr 12/24/2022, 18th Flr 4/3/2023, 5 Years 4/30/2023, 19th Flr 7/12/2023, 2000 10/20/2023, 21st Flr 1/28/2024

Offline Keith0617

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: October 5, 2018
  • Likes Given: 1619
« Reply #53 on: January 21, 2020, 09:32:55 AM »

Was traveling cross country last night and din't get a chance to post.  Not much to say.  Im feeling good though eating a bit too much lately and not getting any exercise due to transit.  Look forward to getting moved in once my stuff arrives here in a week or so.

Mouth feels like it is one big sore.  Guessing its the healing the timeline mentions.  Also notice that my tongue feel dead, for lack or a better term, in one spot.  Not sure if anyone else has experienced that or not.  Feeling jet lagged today and can barely keep my eyes open but looking forward to getting some rest tonight. 

I'm on day 25 as well. I have pain in my gums/jaw... especially in the area on my left side where my chew always sat. I too have tongue weirdness... Hard to explain, but a dull pain on the side of the tongue and the underside of it near the back of my mouth.

It's scary, but I take solace in having spoken to some friends who have quit and experienced similar things. I talked to my buddy who quit about 5 years ago and he said it took him a long time before his mouth felt 'normal.'
The symptoms are normal. Give it time.
Jan19

Offline TerryConklin

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #52 on: January 21, 2020, 06:21:41 AM »

Offline Athan

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • Addict
  • Quit Date: January 1 2018
  • Interests: GodFamilyCountry
  • Likes Given: 1651
« Reply #51 on: January 21, 2020, 01:24:02 AM »

New quit, new digs, new life! Good for you man - this is gonna be your year!  ODAAT of course.
"I hope you find a thousand reasons to quit today" Rawls
"I can't quit for you. I will quit with you" Ready
"There are two dogs in the fight, which one are you feeding?" SuperDave9000
"In the Navy we had morning muster. You never miss muster. You better be dead if you miss. If you are dying, you should have started crawling earlier, no excuse." Olcpo

The Science of Addiction
The Law of Addiction
The Road Called Recovery
My Intro and HOF Speech
Quitters I've met: Cbird, UncleRico, Gregor, KDip, Broccoli-saurus, Croakenhagen, BriagG, Koba, Kodiakdeath, Arrakisdq, McDave, Worktowin, SkolVikings, JGromo, GS9502, PaDutchman, Stillbrewing, A-Aron...
wildirish317
outdoortexan cancer

Offline titus01

• Quitter
« Reply #50 on: January 20, 2020, 10:27:21 PM »

Offline titus01

• Quitter
« Reply #49 on: January 19, 2020, 12:35:39 AM »
23 done, 24 upcoming.

not much to say for today.  Movers came this morning and got me packed up.  Fly out in the morning.  Felt pretty good all day.

Overall good day

Offline titus01

• Quitter
« Reply #48 on: January 17, 2020, 10:59:04 PM »
22 days done, 23 coming up.

Post roll late this morning.  No internet at home and got sidetracked as soon as i got to work.  Will try and do my best to post from my phone in the morning.  Speaking of today was my last day at work.  Have a lot of mixed feelings.  I don't like where i lived but really like the people i worked with.  Going to miss that group.  Movers coming early tomorrow to pick my stuff up.  Going to be a long couple of days tomorrow and Sunday.

Starting to get the sores in my mouth.  Feel like im 14 again in that respect.  Felt pretty good today outside of that.  Didn't workout but probably walked 3 miles and carried a ton of stuff.

Overall a good day.

Offline titus01

• Quitter
« Reply #47 on: January 16, 2020, 10:26:55 PM »
21 days down,  22 on deck.

Typing this a bit early today.  So today was my last full day at work before moving.  Spent some time walking around and saying bye to folks throughout the day.  Had a small goodbye party at the bar this evening.  As i said yesterday there was never a social pull for me to dip but thinking about it now not once while we were hanging out did i even think about a dip.  That is a huge victory in and of itself. 

For the last two weeks ive been planning a move.  This morning it became real as my cable/internet were shut off and i had to load my car today to be hauled off.  Im doing my best to take thing ODAAT along with my quit and both are going pretty damn good so far.  Might be a little later in the morning to post roll for the next few days but ill be there. 

Overall today was a great day.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2020, 10:33:33 PM by titus01 »