Community > Introductions

Day 1

(1/7) > >>

Keith0617:

--- Quote from: AwakenedOne on January 10, 2022, 10:20:12 AM ---It's funny. As I type this very post, I'm sitting in the same chair, in the same office as I was at the moment I decided to quit 2 years ago today. I remember having my last dose of poison the night before (last dip out of the can). On the way to work that morning, I decided not to stop by the convenience store and get a can. I had been wrestling with the idea to quit for sometime before that, but something was different about that morning, I knew that if I could skip that morning dip, I would have a chance on at least making it that one day without it. Boy, that choice to forego the convenience store was the best decision I have ever made! 732 days later I'm still clean from that poison! Praise God. 01/09/20 was the last day nicotine had its grips on my mind and soul. Thank you KTC brethren for all of the support and accountability.

To anyone reading this still using nicotine, please do yourself, your family, and your friends a favor and STOP. Just STOP. STOP buying cans, just STOP making excuses, just STOP being weak. Here at KTC we've all been through the ringer in giving up one of the most addictive substances known to man. We all had our pathetic excuses and reasons to keep using, but you know what? We have gritted our teeth and fought, and will keep fighting till the end.

Although it is a tough battle, it is a GOOD battle. It is better to struggle, than just give up and lose the fight to a dead plant in a can. A dead plant in a can that was manufactured to get you addicted and spend your health/money on it until you die. Do you really wanna be Big Tobacco's pawn? JUST STOP. It is that simple.

To anyone reading who follows Jesus, "'I have the right to do anything,' you say – but not everything is beneficial. 'I have the right to do anything'– but I will not be mastered by anything." Thank you Jesus for allowing this sin to be washed away with repentance from this garbage. To God be the glory, always.

If you can't say no to it, IT OWNS YOU.

Here's to another year of quit with you fine gentlemen.

-Chaston PTBQWYT

--- End quote ---

Congrats @AwakenedOne on 2 years. Proud to quit with you.

AwakenedOne:
It's funny. As I type this very post, I'm sitting in the same chair, in the same office as I was at the moment I decided to quit 2 years ago today. I remember having my last dose of poison the night before (last dip out of the can). On the way to work that morning, I decided not to stop by the convenience store and get a can. I had been wrestling with the idea to quit for sometime before that, but something was different about that morning, I knew that if I could skip that morning dip, I would have a chance on at least making it that one day without it. Boy, that choice to forego the convenience store was the best decision I have ever made! 732 days later I'm still clean from that poison! Praise God. 01/09/20 was the last day nicotine had its grips on my mind and soul. Thank you KTC brethren for all of the support and accountability.

To anyone reading this still using nicotine, please do yourself, your family, and your friends a favor and STOP. Just STOP. STOP buying cans, just STOP making excuses, just STOP being weak. Here at KTC we've all been through the ringer in giving up one of the most addictive substances known to man. We all had our pathetic excuses and reasons to keep using, but you know what? We have gritted our teeth and fought, and will keep fighting till the end.

Although it is a tough battle, it is a GOOD battle. It is better to struggle, than just give up and lose the fight to a dead plant in a can. A dead plant in a can that was manufactured to get you addicted and spend your health/money on it until you die. Do you really wanna be Big Tobacco's pawn? JUST STOP. It is that simple.

To anyone reading who follows Jesus, "'I have the right to do anything,' you say – but not everything is beneficial. 'I have the right to do anything'– but I will not be mastered by anything." Thank you Jesus for allowing this sin to be washed away with repentance from this garbage. To God be the glory, always.

If you can't say no to it, IT OWNS YOU.

Here's to another year of quit with you fine gentlemen.

-Chaston PTBQWYT

AwakenedOne:
To the multiple guests viewing, there is no better time to quit than right now. Spit it out, flush your stash, and post roll.

Don't push off until tomorrow, tomorrow never comes!

Day 573, Free

Keith0617:

--- Quote from: AwakenedOne on May 24, 2021, 11:12:56 AM ---All glory to God in this quit, none for myself. Here's my thoughts at the 500 milestone.

On day 1, I never thought I would have made it this far. Before I go any further, I have to acknowledge that 500 is just a number and in all essence I'm on day 1 right now (as we all are). So much has happened over the past 500 days, both in the world and in my personal life. Looking back and knowing I made it through everything, both the good times and the bad (dip is enjoyed in both scenarios, as we all know) without the cancer dirt is so promising as to what the future holds for my quit. The fact that I can navigate through life without being led by a plastic puck with a tin lid makes me happy. Happy. Instead of chasing my next dose of poison, quitting has allowed me to chase what's truly important, which is Jesus. I was never able to see it until I quit, that I was being led to the grave both spiritually and physically by the can. Yes, I still have cravings now and again, but they are easily quelled at this point. The brotherhood and accountability this site offers, is life-changing and saving. In this with y'all until I breathe my last breath. If one day I stop posting, it will not be not because I caved and am hiding in shame, it will be because I have left this Earth. Thanks to my KTC brothers for holding me accountable. Most importantly, all praise and glory to Jesus, and God the Father.

Here' to another 500 with ya'll.

N A F A R!

--- End quote ---
Congrats brother. Look forward to continuing this journey with you.

AwakenedOne:
All glory to God in this quit, none for myself. Here's my thoughts at the 500 milestone.

On day 1, I never thought I would have made it this far. Before I go any further, I have to acknowledge that 500 is just a number and in all essence I'm on day 1 right now (as we all are). So much has happened over the past 500 days, both in the world and in my personal life. Looking back and knowing I made it through everything, both the good times and the bad (dip is enjoyed in both scenarios, as we all know) without the cancer dirt is so promising as to what the future holds for my quit. The fact that I can navigate through life without being led by a plastic puck with a tin lid makes me happy. Happy. Instead of chasing my next dose of poison, quitting has allowed me to chase what's truly important, which is Jesus. I was never able to see it until I quit, that I was being led to the grave both spiritually and physically by the can. Yes, I still have cravings now and again, but they are easily quelled at this point. The brotherhood and accountability this site offers, is life-changing and saving. In this with y'all until I breathe my last breath. If one day I stop posting, it will not be not because I caved and am hiding in shame, it will be because I have left this Earth. Thanks to my KTC brothers for holding me accountable. Most importantly, all praise and glory to Jesus, and God the Father.

Here' to another 500 with ya'll.

N A F A R!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version