Community > Introductions

Day 1

(1/10) > >>

BBQchips:

--- Quote from: JeffH4257 on April 01, 2021, 02:52:19 PM ---Day 138

So I just got home from the C-store.  Needed a single can of beer for my chili.

Guy in front of me is buying typical C-store shit when he asks for a can of Copenhagen WinterGreen Long Cut.  That was my preference of poision.

Anyway, I strike up small talk with the guy...eventually getting to the point of, "You know that shits gonna kill you?"

He agreed that it would, indeed, kill him one day, but not today.

He did say that he's thought of quitting many times.  I asked him, "what's stopping you from quitting?"  Says he will, "eventually quit dipping one day"

Isn't that just about par for the course for an addict.  The lies we told ourselves to make us feel better about continuing our addiction.

I am here quitting with all of you today, ODAAT!

-Jeff

--- End quote ---
These kinds of interactions will continue to pile up for you and they never stop being meaningful and adding another stone to your foundation. Thanks for sharing your story. A quote you might like on the power of stories.....

“Stories have power. Gleemen’s tales, and bards’ epics, and rumors in the street alike. They stir passions, and change the way men see the world.”
Keep racking up these kinds of wins brother, ODAAT.

Thefranks5:

--- Quote from: JeffH4257 on April 01, 2021, 02:52:19 PM ---Day 138

Guy in front of me is buying typical C-store shit when he asks for a can of Copenhagen WinterGreen Long Cut.  That was my preference of poision.

Anyway, I strike up small talk with the guy...eventually getting to the point of, "You know that shits gonna kill you?"

He did say that he's thought of quitting many times.  I asked him, "what's stopping you from quitting?"  Says he will, "eventually quit dipping one day"

Isn't that just about par for the course for an addict.  The lies we told ourselves to make us feel better about continuing our addiction.

-Jeff

--- End quote ---
I love having those conversations with people out of the blue now. The addict speak is strong and unrelenting. Thanks Jeff for stepping up and all you do.

Doug

JeffH4257:
Day 138

-Jeff

Aggies94:

--- Quote from: JeffH4257 on March 04, 2021, 10:44:46 PM ---Day 110

If you happen to stumble across this, it isn't a fluke.  I came across KTC in my search to quit dip. 

What has happened is absolutely amazing.

I have made connections on here with folks who I am damn proud to call friends.

I don't have all the answers, but what I do have is a positive outlet for quitting that shit in your lip.

Post your promise each morning.  Simple concept.  Difficult to execute at times.

When I post my promise to my brothers and sisters of quit, it makes it fucking impossible for me to break my word.

My dad used to say that even if you don't have 2 nickels to rub together, what you do have is your word, and your word is invaluable.

I am fucking quit today, and never going back to being a slave to the can.

I could never do it alone.

Thanks to my KTC family.

-Jeff

--- End quote ---

Perfectly stated Jeff! Proud to be a FreeBird and quit with you!!

nick-Otine Free:

--- Quote from: JeffH4257 on March 04, 2021, 10:44:46 PM ---Day 110

If you happen to stumble across this, it isn't a fluke.  I came across KTC in my search to quit dip. 

What has happened is absolutely amazing.

I have made connections on here with folks who I am damn proud to call friends.

I don't have all the answers, but what I do have is a positive outlet for quitting that shit in your lip.

Post your promise each morning.  Simple concept.  Difficult to execute at times.

When I post my promise to my brothers and sisters of quit, it makes it fucking impossible for me to break my word.

My dad used to say that even if you don't have 2 nickels to rub together, what you do have is your word, and your word is invaluable.

I am fucking quit today, and never going back to being a slave to the can.

I could never do it alone.

Thanks to my KTC family.

-Jeff

--- End quote ---
HELL yea man, this man is a straight up badass quitter! its a honor and privilege to call you a friend and damn proud to be quitting with you buddy!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version