Author Topic: General Discussion - 2014  (Read 62679 times)

Offline ZManT

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: General Discussion - 2014
« Reply #40 on: January 09, 2014, 08:27:00 PM »
Quote from: arvadadug
ZmanT still hanging in there? I found a brand new can in my wife's car. Wtf kind of test is that? Still chew free. I don't understand the roll call thing, that is...how to do it, I understand the accountability and all... Day 3 with ya
I THINK I have roll call figured out

There's a thread called Pre-HOF April 2014 - hit it and go to page 1 - which is the page with the most recent posts oddly

Find the last one and hit the 'quote' button

In the message window that pops up you'll want to CUT the text from the lower box (don't copy, cut)

Paste that in the blank box for your post, find where the name goes and insert a line with your daily roll affirmation. Be sure to list your name and the # of days quit you have.

I just did it to check my instructions - should see my bump post there at the top of page 1

Now - as to the can you found, throw it out if you haven't already. You won't need it. Just throw that fucker away dude.
QD - 1/7/2014

Offline arvadadug

• Quitter
  • Interests: Anything my kids are participating in. Baseball, Basketball, Track, Cross Country...
« Reply #39 on: January 09, 2014, 08:17:00 PM »
ZmanT still hanging in there? I found a brand new can in my wife's car. Wtf kind of test is that? Still chew free. I don't understand the roll call thing, that is...how to do it, I understand the accountability and all... Day 3 with ya

Offline ZManT

• Quitter
« Reply #38 on: January 09, 2014, 07:33:00 PM »
Hello Peeps- This site is nice...hard for me to follow. If i'm posting in the wrong place or stomping where I shouldn't be, sorry.
Quit 1/7/14. It sucks ass. REALLY SUCKS ASS candy, seeds, tea, suckers, jerky...gonna put on 50#.

It's nice to read the struggles, share the pain, and ache through it together. But I dont think I can do it. I've quit for a year before...one fishing trip too many...started back up.

I started with Hawkin (remember that stuff?) about 25 years ago - progressed to Copenhagen - went down to General Snus (really smooth shit, had to import out of Sweden, now you can get it here. - on to Nothing.. I was out, thought time to quit. 13 year old son, 15 year old daughter, awesome wife, 17 year marriage...why fuck it up with the chew ? Starting to think...why fuck it up with out the chew. I am a case! Nut job, grumpy, fuck stick...foggy, agitated...whew... 'arse' 'Finger' I like the clickable smiles...like to get those on my phone?
You CAN do this
I'm doing it, and so can you

Go post to the roll call rheas for April 2014
Hit the chat room and chat it up there with some other members - don't give in, don't leave me here on day 3 by myself
QD - 1/7/2014

Offline mich 34

• Quit Pro
    • www.facebook.com
  • Interests: reading, hunting, fishing, above all - spending time with the wife and kids (when they are being good!!)
« Reply #37 on: January 09, 2014, 04:17:00 PM »
Hello Peeps- This site is nice...hard for me to follow. If i'm posting in the wrong place or stomping where I shouldn't be, sorry.
Quit 1/7/14. It sucks ass. REALLY SUCKS ASS candy, seeds, tea, suckers, jerky...gonna put on 50#.

It's nice to read the struggles, share the pain, and ache through it together. But I dont think I can do it. I've quit for a year before...one fishing trip too many...started back up.

I started with Hawkin (remember that stuff?) about 25 years ago - progressed to Copenhagen - went down to General Snus (really smooth shit, had to import out of Sweden, now you can get it here. - on to Nothing.. I was out, thought time to quit. 13 year old son, 15 year old daughter, awesome wife, 17 year marriage...why fuck it up with the chew ? Starting to think...why fuck it up with out the chew. I am a case! Nut job, grumpy, fuck stick...foggy, agitated...whew... 'arse' 'Finger' I like the clickable smiles...like to get those on my phone?
Welcome to the site. Up top there is a link to the "welcome center" click it and read everything there if you haven't. If it sounds good and you want to quit this place works. I had enough 539 days ago and never would have guessed a bunch of quitters and a website would be all I needed to quit but there are thousands of us who have been there and have fought through for our freedom. This is a decent place to ask questions, you can also use your intro and quit group.
Again, welcome.
my intro
QD 07-19-2012
Group - Roctober Madmen Post with some Madmen (and women)
HOF 10-27-12 HOF Speech
2nd Floor 2-4-13, 3rd Floor 5-15-13
1 year of freedom - 7-19-2013. Thank you KTC
4th Floor 8-23-13, 5th Floor 12-1-13, 6th Floor 3-11-14, 7th Floor 6-19-14, 8th Floor 9-27-14, 9th Floor 1-5-15

Offline Evil_Won

• Quitting MoFo
  • Interests: none
« Reply #36 on: January 09, 2014, 04:15:00 PM »
Hello Peeps-  This site is nice...hard for me to follow.  If i'm posting in the wrong place or stomping where I shouldn't be, sorry. 
Quit 1/7/14.  It sucks ass.  REALLY SUCKS ASS candy, seeds, tea, suckers, jerky...gonna put on 50#.

It's nice to read the struggles, share the pain, and ache through it together.  But I dont think I can do it.  I've quit for a year before...one fishing trip too many...started back up.

I started with Hawkin (remember that stuff?) about 25 years ago - progressed to Copenhagen  - went down to General Snus (really smooth shit, had to import out of Sweden, now you can get it here. - on to Nothing..  I was out, thought time to quit.  13 year old son, 15 year old daughter, awesome wife, 17 year marriage...why fuck it up with the chew ?  Starting to think...why fuck it up with out the chew.  I am a case!  Nut job, grumpy, fuck stick...foggy, agitated...whew... 'arse'  'Finger' I like the clickable smiles...like to get those on my phone?
Welcome on the greatest decision ever, quitting.

This site has both changed and saved my life, and itÂ’s really quite simple:

Post Roll: Why? How?
Every day you log into your “Group”, a bunch of guys all quitting together and going through the same suck, fog, cravings, etc. You “Post Roll”; add your name and the number of days quit that you are. This is your promise, a pledge to your quit brothers and sisters, to yourself, and to everyone else here on KTC to not use nicotine in any way, shape, or form, for the next 24 hours. Keep your promise. A man is nothing if his word is no good. Your group is April 2014

Get Involved:
Read: Introductions and HOF Speeches. Read the banter in other groups. Read the non-dip discussions in the Wilcard section when you want to get away from thoughts of dip. By doing this you will realize that you are not alone in the feeling you are having. You will gain strength through others. And, you will get to know these people on a personal level, which adds accountability.

Send out a few PMs:
Send out a PM to someone in your group, or to someone that posted something that you related to. Offer your phone number. I bet you will get a phone number in return. Store those numbers in your phone and USE THEM in a moment of weakness. Sending a text out has prevented me from caving more than a few times. Sometimes I didn’t even need a response, just taking a few seconds to text was all it took to get me thinking straight again. Other times the response I got was, “you do NOT have permission to cave”, which I took to heart.

Every tool you need to QUIT and remain QUIT is here, for free, but you have to want it. No one can quit for you, but we can offer support whenever you need it.
"Dunno about you HP, but LOOT doesn't like getting assfucked, by anyone....and certainly won't chalk it up to 'shit happens'."

Offline arvadadug

• Quitter
  • Interests: Anything my kids are participating in. Baseball, Basketball, Track, Cross Country...
« Reply #35 on: January 09, 2014, 02:32:00 PM »

Offline Kdip

• Administrator
  • Master of Quit
  • Interests: Quitting and helping others quit, riding my motorcycle, baseball, football, old furniture restoration, junk collecting, vintage arcade machines, rafting, tubing, camping, my family and dog
  • Likes Given: 295
« Reply #34 on: January 09, 2014, 02:18:00 PM »
Quote from: Nolaq
Quote from: ZManT
I am deep in the fog today, 1/9/14, Day 3 of the last time i'll quit nicotine

can't focus, guts are all twitchy, salivating, food all tastes like crap

THERE IS NO WAY I'M EVER GOING THROUGH THIS AGAIN

i just need to get to 5:00 p.m. then i can work out - that always makes me feel better

i'm completely hamstrung at work today
Hang tough bro. You're winning.

It sucks sweaty monkey ass at first, but it is VERY worth it!
I'll 2nd that!!!

Offline Nolaq

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #33 on: January 09, 2014, 02:11:00 PM »

i just need to get to 5:00 p.m. then i can work out - that always makes me feel better

Hang tough bro. You're winning.

It sucks sweaty monkey ass at first, but it is VERY worth it!
What is your major malfunction?!?!?!?!

Offline ZManT

• Quitter
« Reply #32 on: January 09, 2014, 12:45:00 PM »

QD - 1/7/2014

Offline Roman

« Reply #31 on: January 09, 2014, 02:27:00 AM »
http://www.picgifs.com/smileys/s well shit im gonna explode because I have tried to post I cant seem to post anything and I had a good day. I posted something but I don't think it posted for myself. so here goes.. I got tested today I quit 8 days ago however I had an interview and the owner of this company had to put in this dip right and it had to be the kind I gave up. mmm the smell and the thought all running in my head it sure looks like I could use one right.. than he offered me some.... uh oh all I said was no thank you.. he asked do you not chew... I said well I just quit 8 days ago... moral of story I didn't chew I just raced home and threw in some seeds and didn't let myself down and I still kept my promise to this site amen.... thanks all for reading Roman

http://www.picgifs.com/smileys/s well shit im gonna explode because I have tried to post I cant seem to post anything and I had a good day. I posted something but I don't think it posted for myself. so here goes.. I got tested today I quit 8 days ago however I had an interview and the owner of this company had to put in this dip right and it had to be the kind I gave up. mmm the smell and the thought all running in my head it sure looks like I could use one right.. than he offered me some.... uh oh all I said was no thank you.. he asked do you not chew... I said well I just quit 8 days ago... moral of story I didn't chew I just raced home and threw in some seeds and didn't let myself down and I still kept my promise to this site amen.... thanks all for reading Roman

Offline ZManT

• Quitter
« Reply #30 on: January 09, 2014, 01:32:00 AM »
Quote from: Wt57
Greetings - the name's Tyler and I'm on Day 2

This is my 3rd dip quit - the first two lasted 1 year, and 18 months respectively.

I smoked cigs for 10 years, and quit those suckers 15 years ago in 1 month.  I was tobacco free for 8 years and then i got into the dip because my fishing buddy had some and, well, you know how it goes

Anyway, i found this site after doing a little googling and I like the blog posts.

My experience the last couple of quits was pretty much 2 weeks of hell, followed by fairly smooth sailing until about Day 100 then it was no big deal.

I struggled mightily with quitting smokes - much moreso than the chaw.  We shall see...

i'm not going back.  I am tired of worrying about my spitter getting mistaken for a drink by a child, tired of planning my day around when I can pop a lipper in, feeling embarassed at the dentist, getting the guilty looks from my wife and other family....

i'm done. 

good site here - look forward to getting smarter and picking up and providing a little support.
Smart move Tyler. Quitting is something we do everyday. You've never quit nicotine before, just a few pauses. I also had a few pauses but never really understood what I was dealing with, I never considered myself an addict. That's what we are and always will be. Even one dip will send you right back into slavery. I see you posted roll, that's the backbone of quitting. One day at a time (ODAAT) is all we have. Yesterday is past and Tomorrow may never come. I encourage you to read all you can and learn from those that have gone ahead of you, learn from their mistakes and their victories.
Thanks for the encouragement
QD - 1/7/2014

Offline Wt57

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Gardening, Dutch Oven , playing with grand kids
« Reply #29 on: January 09, 2014, 01:12:00 AM »

This is my 3rd dip quit - the first two lasted 1 year, and 18 months respectively.

I smoked cigs for 10 years, and quit those suckers 15 years ago in 1 month. I was tobacco free for 8 years and then i got into the dip because my fishing buddy had some and, well, you know how it goes

Anyway, i found this site after doing a little googling and I like the blog posts.

My experience the last couple of quits was pretty much 2 weeks of hell, followed by fairly smooth sailing until about Day 100 then it was no big deal.

I struggled mightily with quitting smokes - much moreso than the chaw. We shall see...

i'm not going back. I am tired of worrying about my spitter getting mistaken for a drink by a child, tired of planning my day around when I can pop a lipper in, feeling embarassed at the dentist, getting the guilty looks from my wife and other family....

i'm done.

good site here - look forward to getting smarter and picking up and providing a little support.
Smart move Tyler. Quitting is something we do everyday. You've never quit nicotine before, just a few pauses. I also had a few pauses but never really understood what I was dealing with, I never considered myself an addict. That's what we are and always will be. Even one dip will send you right back into slavery. I see you posted roll, that's the backbone of quitting. One day at a time (ODAAT) is all we have. Yesterday is past and Tomorrow may never come. I encourage you to read all you can and learn from those that have gone ahead of you, learn from their mistakes and their victories.
4/1/2012: Nicotine Quit Date
7/9/12: HOF The Missing Warning Label
TODAY is the day that counts
"Do, or do not, there is no try." Yoda

Offline ZManT

• Quitter
« Reply #28 on: January 09, 2014, 12:07:00 AM »

I smoked cigs for 10 years, and quit those suckers 15 years ago in 1 month. I was tobacco free for 8 years and then i got into the dip because my fishing buddy had some and, well, you know how it goes

I struggled mightily with quitting smokes - much moreso than the chaw. We shall see...

i'm not going back. I am tired of worrying about my spitter getting mistaken for a drink by a child, tired of planning my day around when I can pop a lipper in, feeling embarassed at the dentist, getting the guilty looks from my wife and other family....

i'm done.

QD - 1/7/2014

Offline chewie

• Administrator
  • Master of Quit
    • 406Northlane
  • Quit Date: 7.24.2006
  • Interests: quitting, family, digital marketing, beer, whiskey, horror movies... Fucks Given: 0
  • Likes Given: 351
« Reply #27 on: January 07, 2014, 12:10:00 PM »
New Blog Post: KillTheCan.org Live Chat Promo With Lee "Hawk" Reherman
http://blog.killthecan.org/2014/01/kill ... -reherman/
"Every man dies... not every man really lives." - William Wallace

QD - 7.24.06 / HOF - 10.31.06 / 2nd - 2.08.07 / 3rd - 5.19.07 / 4th - 8.27.07 / 5th - 12.05.07 / 6th - 3.14.08 / 7th - 6.22.08 / 8th - 9.30.08 / 9th - 1.08.09 / Comma - 4.18.09 / 11th - 7.27.09 / 12th - 11.04.09 / 13th - 2.12.10 / 14th - 05.23.10 / 15th - 08.31.2010 / 16th - 12.9.10 / 17th - 3.19.11 / 18th - 6.27.11 / 19th - 10.5.11 / 2K - 1.13.12 / 21st - 4.22.12 / 22nd - 7.31.12 / 23rd - 11.8.12 / 24th - 2.16.13 / 25th - 5.27.13 / 26th - 9.4.13 / 27th - 12.12.13 / 28th - 3.24.14 / 29th - 7.1.14 / 3K - 10.9.14 / 31st - 1.17.15 / 32nd - 4.27.15 / 33rd - 8.5.15 / 34th - 9.13.15 / 35th - 2.21.16 / 36th - 5.31.16 / 37th - 9.8.16 / 38th - 12.17.16 / 39th - 3.27.17 / 4K - 7.5.17 / 41st - 10.13.17 / 42nd - 1.21.18 / 43rd - 5.1.18 / 44th - 8.9.18 / 45th - 11.17.18 / 46th - 2.25.19 / 47th - 6.5.19 / 48th - 9.13.19 / 49th - 12.22.19 / 5K - 4.1.20 / 51st - 7.9.20 / 52nd - 10.17.20 / 53rd - 1.25.21 / 54th - 5.5.21 / 55th - 8.13.21 / 56th - 11.21.21 / 57th - 3.1.22 / 58th - 6.9.22 / 59th - 9.17.22 / 6K - 12.26.22 / 61st - 4.5.23 / 62nd - 7.14.23 / 63rd - 10.22.23 / 64th - 1.20.24

Episode III: The Final Quit | 406 Northlane | ScareTissue.com

Offline wastepanel

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Fuck you guys.
    • Scaretissue.com
  • Likes Given: 21
« Reply #26 on: January 06, 2014, 12:17:00 PM »
Quote from: chewie
Quote from: Evil_Won
Quote from: Mjollnir
Quote from: GDubya
Quote from: Wt57
Quote from: Mjollnir
Quote from: Evil_Won
Quote from: Stevecasman
Last dip was 9PM last night. Been dipping off and on for 26 years.
congrats. Now click on the salmon colored link to the Welcome Center, then read those brief items, then get your name on Roll in the April 2014 group.
It isn't "Salmon" it is Pink...
It ain't pink or salmon, it's orange! (Why not make it a primary color)
It ain't pink, salmon, or orange. It's unique.
Red and yellow make orange, therefore, orange is a secondary color.
It is salmon.

Welcome Center: HTML COLOR="SALMON"
Welcome Center: HTML COLOR="CORAL"
Welcome Center: HTML COLOR="DARK SALMON"
Welcome Center: HTML COLOR="DEEPPINK"
Welcome Center: HTML COLOR="FUCHSIA"
Welcome Center: HTML COLOR="HOTPINK"

I could go on.
The Salmon Thong Manifesto: http://www.killthecan.org/thong/
So, where's the Pink Pony color?
In the end I Surrender, I and I alone accept that I have and always will have a Nicotene ADDICTION. It is my choice to quit, but I can't do it alone. I get to go down this path one time, I want to do it right. I recognize that my word, my integrety to you is on the line and is only as good as my actions. Caving is not an option in this plan-Eafman 7/11

I am not cured. I will quit one day at a time. I will continue to do what works. Posting roll everyday. To do otherwise would be foolish on my part. You can do this-Ready 12/11

To overcome your addiction you must comprehend what it means to fail-Razd 3/12

Theres a lot of people that come here, especially vets, that WANT to be reminded that they are addicts.-Tarpon 6/12

Just as a building starts with architectural drawings. Your daily quit begins with a promise.-Scowick 2/13

Here and now, focused on today, minute by minute, whatever it takes, I promise to all my bros and myself not to become a negative stat and stay quit!-krok 1/15

I want everyone to be quit. Even the assholes.-Probe1957 1/18

Ignoring history or erasing history fixes nothing and leads you inevitably down the same path.-69franx 04/30/2021