Author Topic: General Discussion - 2017  (Read 35634 times)

Offline DonkeyMN

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quitting MoFo
  • Quit Date: 01-31-2017
  • Likes Given: 574
Re: General Discussion - 2017
« Reply #463 on: November 08, 2017, 10:46:00 AM »
Quote from: jacobmldn
I have a serious question for all the parents out there.

My son will turn one this month. He has been eating table food for about a month now. We are usually keeping him to only a bottle in the morning and one at night. The rest of the food he was eating was table food. About two weeks ago, he quit eating table food at day care. He would still eat it at home, just not at daycare. He would see the other babies eating the purees and he would keep pointing to them like he only wants the pures or milk. This past week that behavior has trickled into our home. He now will not eat table food at daycare or at home. I really want to ween him off of all bottles, but it seems like we are moving backwards. The last two nights i have let him sit in his high chair with food that he likes for a hour with him jsut screaming the whole time. He didn't even want to touch the food.

We need help. I need to figure out how to get him to eat food again.

Any words of wisdom or ideas would be much appreciated.
It is likely just a phase. He isn't even one yet, no need to feed him porkchops (jk)

Let him eat what ever he will, but I do agree that the bottles need to go soon. Buy some high quality sippy cups and get him on those otherwise his developing teeth will get messed up.

See what happens in a few weeks, and/or figure out if there is a certain puree that he really likes and dont give it to him, but give him the solid alternative. i.e. if he really likes banana in the goop, no more of that one but cut up bananas are an option.

But mostly just chill - hes 11 months old
To remain quit requires focus
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Offline Jacobmldn

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quitter
  • Interests: Salt water fishing, duck hunting, Atlanta Braves, Georgia Bulldawgs, Atlanta Falcons, Atlanta Hawks, crappie fishing
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #462 on: November 08, 2017, 10:01:00 AM »
I have a serious question for all the parents out there.

My son will turn one this month. He has been eating table food for about a month now. We are usually keeping him to only a bottle in the morning and one at night. The rest of the food he was eating was table food. About two weeks ago, he quit eating table food at day care. He would still eat it at home, just not at daycare. He would see the other babies eating the purees and he would keep pointing to them like he only wants the pures or milk. This past week that behavior has trickled into our home. He now will not eat table food at daycare or at home. I really want to ween him off of all bottles, but it seems like we are moving backwards. The last two nights i have let him sit in his high chair with food that he likes for a hour with him jsut screaming the whole time. He didn't even want to touch the food.

We need help. I need to figure out how to get him to eat food again.

Any words of wisdom or ideas would be much appreciated.

Offline chewie

• Administrator
  • Master of Quit
    • 406Northlane
  • Quit Date: 7.24.2006
  • Interests: quitting, family, digital marketing, beer, whiskey, horror movies... Fucks Given: 0
  • Likes Given: 350
« Reply #461 on: October 31, 2017, 08:52:00 AM »
HAPPY HALLOWEEN QUITTERS!!!

Halloween has a special place in my heart as it's the anniversary of my HOF. October 31st, 2006 I hit 100 days of freedom.

I wasn't cured, but it felt damn good. To this day quitting chew is right behind my wife  kids as my proudest moments. To this day I OWN my quit every... single... day.

I don't want to forget. Even now, 11+ years later, I know that deep, deep down, I'm an addict. I haven't heard from her in a while, but the Nic Bitch is there. Looming. Waiting for me to make a bad decision. I rarely if ever think about her, but I remind myself every now and then that she is in fact there.

Whether you're on day 1, 100 or beyond keep quitting. It's worth it. Believe me when I say I know how bad it sucks. Believe me when I say I know what you're feeling. Believe me when I say I know you want to give up some days and go back to your comfortable little round can. I was just like you.

I wanted to give up. I wanted that comfort that my Kodiak brought me. I wanted to sleep better. I wanted to get rid of the weight I'd gained when I quit. I wanted to go back to being 'Chewie'. Not to have one... but to 'live the life' of a dipper again.

And now... I wouldn't trade all that pain, suffering and withdrawal for anything. It is those things that have honed my quit to be what it is today - rock fucking solid.

Own your quit. Make your decision. Quit one day at a time. These may sound cliche around here but they work.

Damn proud to be quit with each and every one of you today. Whether we've ever met, ever interacted, ever even known about one another... you are a part of my quit. And for that I am forever grateful.

Chewie
"Every man dies... not every man really lives." - William Wallace

QD - 7.24.06 / HOF - 10.31.06 / 2nd - 2.08.07 / 3rd - 5.19.07 / 4th - 8.27.07 / 5th - 12.05.07 / 6th - 3.14.08 / 7th - 6.22.08 / 8th - 9.30.08 / 9th - 1.08.09 / Comma - 4.18.09 / 11th - 7.27.09 / 12th - 11.04.09 / 13th - 2.12.10 / 14th - 05.23.10 / 15th - 08.31.2010 / 16th - 12.9.10 / 17th - 3.19.11 / 18th - 6.27.11 / 19th - 10.5.11 / 2K - 1.13.12 / 21st - 4.22.12 / 22nd - 7.31.12 / 23rd - 11.8.12 / 24th - 2.16.13 / 25th - 5.27.13 / 26th - 9.4.13 / 27th - 12.12.13 / 28th - 3.24.14 / 29th - 7.1.14 / 3K - 10.9.14 / 31st - 1.17.15 / 32nd - 4.27.15 / 33rd - 8.5.15 / 34th - 9.13.15 / 35th - 2.21.16 / 36th - 5.31.16 / 37th - 9.8.16 / 38th - 12.17.16 / 39th - 3.27.17 / 4K - 7.5.17 / 41st - 10.13.17 / 42nd - 1.21.18 / 43rd - 5.1.18 / 44th - 8.9.18 / 45th - 11.17.18 / 46th - 2.25.19 / 47th - 6.5.19 / 48th - 9.13.19 / 49th - 12.22.19 / 5K - 4.1.20 / 51st - 7.9.20 / 52nd - 10.17.20 / 53rd - 1.25.21 / 54th - 5.5.21 / 55th - 8.13.21 / 56th - 11.21.21 / 57th - 3.1.22 / 58th - 6.9.22 / 59th - 9.17.22 / 6K - 12.26.22 / 61st - 4.5.23 / 62nd - 7.14.23 / 63rd - 10.22.23 / 64th - 1.20.24

Episode III: The Final Quit | 406 Northlane | ScareTissue.com

Offline JB65

• Quitting MoFo
  • Lennie and Henry
  • Quit Date: August 17, 2015
  • Likes Given: 4
« Reply #460 on: October 30, 2017, 04:15:00 PM »
Quote from: Raider
Quote from: CavMan83
Quote from: zutdut17
Quote from: batdad
So I am 323 days into my quit and I am struggling. I have my good days and weeks, but i still have my bad ones to. I have desperately been looking for an avenue to vent my frustrations to that understands what I'm going through. I can say that I have made it this far through the love and support of my family, but when I have those bad days, which I still do. Venting to my loved ones who do not understand what I'm going through kills me sometimes. Especially when I get the response like "well just don't do it." It drives me nuts.... thanks for listening...

Joe
Dip free since 12/06/2016
323 days on your own?? That's bad ass!!

296 myself, and actually have had my first couple of days without a crave. I know it's only temporary... but that's ok

There is no magic cure, we are all addicts. All we can do is keep it out of our mouths today.

The people in March 2017 are about the same days in as you... Have may want to post your question in there. If you don't get the answer you want, feel free to post it in April 17

March 2017

April 2017
I haven't posted in the groups yet. I'm still not quite sure what I'm suppose post. But either I'm just looking for a little help. Because we all need it from time to time. Im at the point where my daily cravings aren't really there but I have these really vivid dip dreams from time to time, and the days after them are really rough
It will take YEARS to recovery from the effects of nicotine..... Anytime you want to vent, come in here and let us have it. We're all big boys and girls and can take the frustration head on..... 300 plus days solo is something awesome bubba! Quith you today!
March 2017 would be your quit group. You can find them here: topic/30081110/503/#new
March 2017 is the HOF month for your group. HOF stands for Hall of Fame or when your group all hit 100 days of quit.
Get into the welcome center and learn about roll and the importance of posting daily.
Make friends, hang out, and support one another. That is what makes KTC work.
Raider
Thats what Makes KTC work
is right on man!

Get in there and spread some quit mojo on your group, get into INTROS and help a newbie along. Mentor the, teach them, be there for them, exchange numbers with them, shoot em a text at a random time, just checking on them and their quit. You never know, your text could hit them at just the perfect moment when they need it......

best part, When they make it to the HOF, it'll feel like YOU are making it to the HOF. Its really a wonderful feeling.

So glad you made it this afar on your own. Total bad assery. I think KTC will help limit those bad days, this is your avenue to vent,

Offline Raider

• Quit Pro
  • Imma Quitter
  • Quit Date: Feb 28, 2014
  • Interests: Fishing, Camping, Kayaking, but mainly spending time with the family and friends.
  • Likes Given: 5
« Reply #459 on: October 26, 2017, 01:00:00 AM »
Quote from: CavMan83
So I am 323 days into my quit and I am struggling. I have my good days and weeks, but i still have my bad ones to. I have desperately been looking for an avenue to vent my frustrations to that understands what I'm going through. I can say that I have made it this far through the love and support of my family, but when I have those bad days, which I still do. Venting to my loved ones who do not understand what I'm going through kills me sometimes. Especially when I get the response like "well just don't do it." It drives me nuts.... thanks for listening...

Joe

296 myself, and actually have had my first couple of days without a crave. I know it's only temporary... but that's ok

There is no magic cure, we are all addicts. All we can do is keep it out of our mouths today.

The people in March 2017 are about the same days in as you... Have may want to post your question in there. If you don't get the answer you want, feel free to post it in April 17

March 2017

April 2017
I haven't posted in the groups yet. I'm still not quite sure what I'm suppose post. But either I'm just looking for a little help. Because we all need it from time to time. Im at the point where my daily cravings aren't really there but I have these really vivid dip dreams from time to time, and the days after them are really rough
It will take YEARS to recovery from the effects of nicotine..... Anytime you want to vent, come in here and let us have it. We're all big boys and girls and can take the frustration head on..... 300 plus days solo is something awesome bubba! Quith you today!
March 2017 would be your quit group. You can find them here: topic/30081110/503/#new
March 2017 is the HOF month for your group. HOF stands for Hall of Fame or when your group all hit 100 days of quit.
Get into the welcome center and learn about roll and the importance of posting daily.
Make friends, hang out, and support one another. That is what makes KTC work.
Raider

Offline dvelch

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #458 on: October 25, 2017, 10:37:00 PM »
I agree 323 days quit is awesome, it gives me encouragement that I can make it there to your point. Me being only 165 days quit, i know the struggles you go through all too well! Sometimes your OK then it comes on you like you just quit today, its weird and a fight, but worth it!
Keep up the fight you are awesome!!!

Offline CavMan83

• Quit King
  • Quit Date: 2014-06-10
  • Interests: Bass Fishing, music, all things motorsports, National Defense
« Reply #457 on: October 25, 2017, 06:30:00 PM »

Joe

March 2017

April 2017

Offline Zutdut17

• Quitter
« Reply #456 on: October 25, 2017, 05:49:00 PM »

Joe

March 2017

April 2017

Offline Batdad

• Quit Asshole
  • Moderator (Retired)
  • Quit King
  • Churning the KTC Dookie Butter
  • Quit Date: 01/03/2017
  • Interests: Quitting!
  • Likes Given: 1068
« Reply #455 on: October 25, 2017, 04:03:00 PM »

Joe

March 2017

April 2017

Offline Zutdut17

• Quitter
« Reply #454 on: October 25, 2017, 02:46:00 PM »

Joe

Offline dvelch

• Quitter
« Reply #453 on: October 20, 2017, 07:24:00 AM »
No nicotine FOREVER!

Offline dvelch

• Quitter
« Reply #452 on: October 20, 2017, 07:19:00 AM »
Well put! Thanks for the advise. You are absolutly right on getting youself to hate the shit. I knew i was addicted, but not as much as i realized i was till i quit. When you think about it you wonder how that shit is sold legally! Its really no better that any illegal drug like heroin ect. But the companies that distribute and sell it can profit on all the millions of people they have under their grasp! Its mind boggling when you think anout it.
I am glad i broke away from its grasp, i just feel bad that so many are still under its control, and it even has a place in our society!

Offline DonkeyMN

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quitting MoFo
  • Quit Date: 01-31-2017
  • Likes Given: 574
« Reply #451 on: October 19, 2017, 11:36:00 AM »
Quote from: dvelch
Quote from: DonkeyMN
I still have very strong cravings at 156 days into my quit. Not sure if its just me or not. I chewed for 35 years and hope eventially these intence cravings will end one day. I guess i thought after this long they would be gone. Has anyone else had the same thing happen to them at this point or is it just me.
Dvelch
You have 17 posts here, yet you are quit 156 days strong. That is the epitome of doing it by yourself.

Do I still have cravings? Sure. But they are gone very quickly and I have learned a few ways to make them subside.

The only real advice I would have is to get involved around here, talk to other quitters and read some of what has worked for others. Sometimes a text to another person is all it takes to shake that bitch off my shoulders and keep moving on with my day. Ain't got time for her dragging me down.
I havnt been doing it myself, have been on this site since day one, only didnt know how to post roll. Ive read every post, and past posts that helped me get through till this point. Just asking a question. Everyone still does it alone, may have support, but still alone.
I guess to answer your original question.... YES. It is normal to have strong cravings at day 156 but they should be shorter, you should have a pack of gum to naw on nearby, or some fake dip to get you through. They normally do not come very often, I now go days without but it is all a mind game. Nicotine has played with the way you percieve life for so long, that weird memories or activities will create an enormous craving. But here's a secret that I have learned. -

The first time you go through those craving situations are the worst. When I went fishing for the first time, it fucking sucked. Then, the second time was a pain in the ass, then the third was a little uncomfortable... now I am back to enjoying it because I kept at it. I am not going to let that nic bitch rule my life any more. Fuck that shit, I am taking my life back.

You are right, ultimately you are alone. But you need to get yourself to hate it. Hate the fact that you even have cravings, and you focus that hate towards nicotine and what it has done to you.

Take your life back.
To remain quit requires focus

Offline dvelch

• Quitter
« Reply #450 on: October 18, 2017, 06:47:00 PM »
Quote from: DonkeyMN
I still have very strong cravings at 156 days into my quit. Not sure if its just me or not. I chewed for 35 years and hope eventially these intence cravings will end one day. I guess i thought after this long they would be gone. Has anyone else had the same thing happen to them at this point or is it just me.
Dvelch
You have 17 posts here, yet you are quit 156 days strong. That is the epitome of doing it by yourself.

Do I still have cravings? Sure. But they are gone very quickly and I have learned a few ways to make them subside.

The only real advice I would have is to get involved around here, talk to other quitters and read some of what has worked for others. Sometimes a text to another person is all it takes to shake that bitch off my shoulders and keep moving on with my day. Ain't got time for her dragging me down.
I havnt been doing it myself, have been on this site since day one, only didnt know how to post roll. Ive read every post, and past posts that helped me get through till this point. Just asking a question. Everyone still does it alone, may have support, but still alone.

Offline JB65

• Quitting MoFo
  • Lennie and Henry
  • Quit Date: August 17, 2015
  • Likes Given: 4
« Reply #449 on: October 18, 2017, 11:55:00 AM »
Quote from: Dogonhunt
Day three of no dip...

I turned 48 in August, and I've been dipping and smoking since I was a teenager, stopped smoking in 2003, picked it back up in 2013 during a stint in rehab, smoked for about a year then went to vaping - stopped vaping a couple months ago, dipping the whole time.

On 12/31/14 I had my last drink and drug, my sobriety date is 1/1/15, that was tough as hell.

In recovery, I've put down a lot of stuff that's bad for ME, and picked up a lot of stuff that's good for ME - next "bad" thing to go is the dip (and nicotine, for good and for real - no more switching delivery methods). Except - :-) I am sucking on those 4mg lozenges to help get over the hump, I don't plan to use those more than a few days - until Friday. - EDITED - THREW THEM OUT AFTER SEEING THAT'S NOT WHAT YA'LL DO HERE

I did formal 6th and 7th steps Sunday night after I threw away my last empty can - cleaned up all the spit cups and emptied all the trash cans (must have been a dozen empty cans in my bedroom trash can alone since last Tuesday's trash day).

I've been going thru a five can roll of Grizzly Long Cut Straight every two or three days lately, I'm done, little voice is saying "enough".

I found this site googling "sore throat after stopping dipping", I have a few friends in recovery that are quitting too, gonna use the same tools we used to get sober and #1 is we don't have to ever do anything alone again.

Thanks for all the info here, it really solidifies my decision to quit.
Welcome Dogon! You came to the RIGHT place to quit dipping. Considering your strengths to be able to stop other things, I think you CAN DO THIS! Congratulations on your sobriety!!!!

Brother, dig in deep. Get pissed, and get quitting. Stay close to KTC my friend. Read up on this site. Read the HOF speeches and intros. When you are ready for the next step, join the newbie quit group and get to posting roll to enjoy the FULL POWER of what KTC has to offer

The brotherhood on here is second to none. It has me at 794 days and counting!

Proud of you man, ANOTHER great decision to quit something that is bad for you!!