Author Topic: General Discussion - 2017  (Read 36017 times)

Offline Mccrae

• Quit Date: 2017-01-03
  • Interests: Exercise, old movies, going on drives, the endless quest for the best cheeseburger, football and Matlock. Yes......Ben Matlock.
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: General Discussion - 2017
« Reply #43 on: January 08, 2017, 11:07:00 AM »
Quote from: Mccrae
Quote from: JB65
Quote from: Curryb
Quote from: Richard
Quote from: chewie
General quit discussion, questions, answers, etc.

Guests looking to quit looking for answers are welcome.
Hi, I just found my way here and registered. I'm nearly 40 yrs old, been chewing since I was 13, Copenhagen since I was 16. Tried to quit so many times and failed...I had just about accepted that I would have the habit until I died if it didn't kill me first. Then I saw a Facebook post with the link to this forum, so I decided what the hell, it's worth a shot. I havnt quit yet, have desire to, but little confidence given my history with the can. Where do I start here, what do I do?
Bro - I'm in the same boat you're in - I've been a slave to Copenhagen most of my life - ALL of my adult life - I'm 46 and I've been quit for 4 days. I made my decision Tuesday night and haven't looked back - YET. It's truly one day at a time. I can tell you that, from my experience as a recovering Alcoholic with 18 years sobriety - the first 24 hours quit were harder than putting down alcohol. A lot harder. HOWEVER - the relief literally after 3 days is amazing - you don't realize what nicotine is doing to your MIND -

So ask yourself: what do you have to lose by taking 72 hours to flush the nicotine out of your system? Try it for a few days man. If you had asked me ONE WEEK AGO if I could go a day without Cope I would have said no. What is keeping me going is the KillTheCan.org community.

This KTC Community is legit and I'm alive because of a 12 step program for Alcoholism. Nic has been my crutch. It won't be today. Maybe tomorrow - I hope not. I can do today though.
Hello Richard. Glad you found your way here. We're happy to have you. We are 100% Nic free quitters here. You can join us, dump the cans, quit today and start by posting a daily promise to quit for that day. One day at a time (you'll see ODAAT) alot here, thats what it means.

Go to QUIT GROUPS and April 2017, that is yours. Click on the highest number next to the PAGES. and post a hello. Also on there is instructions on how to post roll.

You must be quit, not using at all in order to be in a quit group.

Brother I am at 511 days. I cant tell you how many times in 'quit' in 30 years. I was just fooling myself. Those were stoppages and they werent QUITS. The only time i have quit is when I joined KTC and posted roll in November 2017 quit group.

Hit me with a PM (Inbox upper right hand corner) with any questions, or if you;d like to exchange #'s, I cant even tell you how many KTC guys phone numbers i have. Such a great support system.

Read up on here, go to words of wisdom, HOF speeches, intros. When you are ready to quit and get that dang ASAP out of your quit date,and throw in a real honest to goodness day - lets do it.

How about today?

Hi Richard.

You found the best group of people to quit with. It truly is one day at a time. I am on day 5 and it just keeps getting easier and easier. Sure some times are harder than others but you learn that it take shorter to get over a craving.

I hope you decide to quit today. We will all be here.

-Greg
Also, I would be in your quit group if you quit today, so lets beat the Nic Bitch together!

Offline Mccrae

• Interests: Exercise, old movies, going on drives, the endless quest for the best cheeseburger, football and Matlock. Yes......Ben Matlock.
« Reply #42 on: January 08, 2017, 11:06:00 AM »
Quote from: JB65

Hi, I just found my way here and registered. I'm nearly 40 yrs old, been chewing since I was 13, Copenhagen since I was 16. Tried to quit so many times and failed...I had just about accepted that I would have the habit until I died if it didn't kill me first. Then I saw a Facebook post with the link to this forum, so I decided what the hell, it's worth a shot. I havnt quit yet, have desire to, but little confidence given my history with the can. Where do I start here, what do I do?
Bro - I'm in the same boat you're in - I've been a slave to Copenhagen most of my life - ALL of my adult life - I'm 46 and I've been quit for 4 days. I made my decision Tuesday night and haven't looked back - YET. It's truly one day at a time. I can tell you that, from my experience as a recovering Alcoholic with 18 years sobriety - the first 24 hours quit were harder than putting down alcohol. A lot harder. HOWEVER - the relief literally after 3 days is amazing - you don't realize what nicotine is doing to your MIND -

So ask yourself: what do you have to lose by taking 72 hours to flush the nicotine out of your system? Try it for a few days man. If you had asked me ONE WEEK AGO if I could go a day without Cope I would have said no. What is keeping me going is the KillTheCan.org community.

This KTC Community is legit and I'm alive because of a 12 step program for Alcoholism. Nic has been my crutch. It won't be today. Maybe tomorrow - I hope not. I can do today though.
Hello Richard. Glad you found your way here. We're happy to have you. We are 100% Nic free quitters here. You can join us, dump the cans, quit today and start by posting a daily promise to quit for that day. One day at a time (you'll see ODAAT) alot here, thats what it means.

Go to QUIT GROUPS and April 2017, that is yours. Click on the highest number next to the PAGES. and post a hello. Also on there is instructions on how to post roll.

Brother I am at 511 days. I cant tell you how many times in 'quit' in 30 years. I was just fooling myself. Those were stoppages and they werent QUITS. The only time i have quit is when I joined KTC and posted roll in November 2017 quit group.

Hit me with a PM (Inbox upper right hand corner) with any questions, or if you;d like to exchange #'s, I cant even tell you how many KTC guys phone numbers i have. Such a great support system.

Read up on here, go to words of wisdom, HOF speeches, intros. When you are ready to quit and get that dang ASAP out of your quit date,and throw in a real honest to goodness day - lets do it.

How about today?

Hi Richard.

You found the best group of people to quit with. It truly is one day at a time. I am on day 5 and it just keeps getting easier and easier. Sure some times are harder than others but you learn that it take shorter to get over a craving.

I hope you decide to quit today. We will all be here.

-Greg

Offline JB65

• Quitting MoFo
  • Lennie and Henry
  • Quit Date: August 17, 2015
  • Likes Given: 4
« Reply #41 on: January 07, 2017, 01:13:00 PM »

How about today?

Offline Curryb

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2017-01-04
  • Interests: Family, Football, Cycling, Training in general, the quest to become Superhuman!
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #40 on: January 07, 2017, 12:05:00 PM »

Offline Richard C

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2018-05-22
« Reply #39 on: January 07, 2017, 10:39:00 AM »

Offline chewie

• Administrator
  • Master of Quit
    • 406Northlane
  • Quit Date: 7.24.2006
  • Interests: quitting, family, digital marketing, beer, whiskey, horror movies... Fucks Given: 0
  • Likes Given: 351
« Reply #38 on: January 07, 2017, 10:10:00 AM »
Quote from: nyyankee23
Why the hell am I not allowed to start topics in Sports forum? Not to mention all the others that are off limits. On day 2 right now and really pissed off. How are we supposed to be active members if we can't have access to the discussion. Are we supposed to just wait for someone to finally start a topic in which we want to participate? And one more thing, why the fuck do you make roll call so fucking complicated when it could be a simple one click operation?
you're pissed... that's cool. it's why the forums are here.

there's a slew of reasons, and a long history as to why our forums are set up why they are... none of which you'll give a shit about currently.

you can hit REPLY to any topic that's currently set up and add your two cents to said discussion. if there's a topic you want that's not there, pm a member of the mod / admin team and we'll take care of it for you.

roll call is a special beast and again, there's a reason it's done the way it's done. could we make it easier? absolutely. hell... we could make it so you just had to check a box, or click a button. the whole point of roll call is that you have to go through some steps, to give your word, for today.

you don't see it now, but there's value in that. congratulations on 2 days of freedom. believe me when i say it only gets better.

chewie
"Every man dies... not every man really lives." - William Wallace

QD - 7.24.06 / HOF - 10.31.06 / 2nd - 2.08.07 / 3rd - 5.19.07 / 4th - 8.27.07 / 5th - 12.05.07 / 6th - 3.14.08 / 7th - 6.22.08 / 8th - 9.30.08 / 9th - 1.08.09 / Comma - 4.18.09 / 11th - 7.27.09 / 12th - 11.04.09 / 13th - 2.12.10 / 14th - 05.23.10 / 15th - 08.31.2010 / 16th - 12.9.10 / 17th - 3.19.11 / 18th - 6.27.11 / 19th - 10.5.11 / 2K - 1.13.12 / 21st - 4.22.12 / 22nd - 7.31.12 / 23rd - 11.8.12 / 24th - 2.16.13 / 25th - 5.27.13 / 26th - 9.4.13 / 27th - 12.12.13 / 28th - 3.24.14 / 29th - 7.1.14 / 3K - 10.9.14 / 31st - 1.17.15 / 32nd - 4.27.15 / 33rd - 8.5.15 / 34th - 9.13.15 / 35th - 2.21.16 / 36th - 5.31.16 / 37th - 9.8.16 / 38th - 12.17.16 / 39th - 3.27.17 / 4K - 7.5.17 / 41st - 10.13.17 / 42nd - 1.21.18 / 43rd - 5.1.18 / 44th - 8.9.18 / 45th - 11.17.18 / 46th - 2.25.19 / 47th - 6.5.19 / 48th - 9.13.19 / 49th - 12.22.19 / 5K - 4.1.20 / 51st - 7.9.20 / 52nd - 10.17.20 / 53rd - 1.25.21 / 54th - 5.5.21 / 55th - 8.13.21 / 56th - 11.21.21 / 57th - 3.1.22 / 58th - 6.9.22 / 59th - 9.17.22 / 6K - 12.26.22 / 61st - 4.5.23 / 62nd - 7.14.23 / 63rd - 10.22.23 / 64th - 1.20.24

Episode III: The Final Quit | 406 Northlane | ScareTissue.com

Offline nyyankee23

• Quit Date: 2017-01-06
« Reply #37 on: January 07, 2017, 06:25:00 AM »
Why the hell am I not allowed to start topics in Sports forum? Not to mention all the others that are off limits. On day 2 right now and really pissed off. How are we supposed to be active members if we can't have access to the discussion. Are we supposed to just wait for someone to finally start a topic in which we want to participate? And one more thing, why the fuck do you make roll call so fucking complicated when it could be a simple one click operation?
"When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government."

Thomas Jefferson

Offline Mccrae

« Reply #36 on: January 06, 2017, 12:03:00 PM »
Quote from: Florida
Maybe this isn't best time to quit?
This is the best time to quit. I'll quit with you! there's always going to be a reason not to. I am here with you bud.
Thanks man. I hope my office is understanding. I can't retain anything I read. I have zero motivation to do anything. I've been Drinking a lot of water.
I dipped for last 12 years. Last 6 was about a can a day of Copenhagen long cut. Before that was various skoal. It's not really the dip that I miss which is strange. My mouth is looking for something to do but the depression and zero work drive are killing me. I don't feel like doing anything. I started working out 2 weeks ago and was getting 2 a days in but now I don't feel like it at all. Could it be depression from break up and not the dip or is this normal? I'm not a sensitive person and pride my self on not showing emotion but this sucks.
Hey, I am only in day 2 at this and am certainly not a "normal" person so it's hard for me to tell you whats normal or not. I would assume everything you are feeling is as it should be. From what I have read on various posts around this forum, you want to workout as much as you can in addition to drinking lots of water, as sweating and exercise will help force the NIC out of your body faster. I would try to get into the gym even for a little bit, as least its something that might take your mind off dipping, and allow you to use some of your energy up. I was a big cope long cut original guy.

you can do it, I think when you get off work you should do something thats out of your routine. Do something that you don't relate to dipping.

Also, I bought sunflower seeds and that seems to be helping the oral fixation thing you are mentioning.

I'm quit with you today bud.
Hey Florida,

Just checking in on you buddy?

Hope you have stayed strong.

-Greg

Offline KingNothing

• Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: 2015-07-10
« Reply #35 on: January 05, 2017, 05:45:00 PM »
Quote from: 686Matt
Anyone else have squeeky teeth when they quit? I dont know how else to explain it. My teeth now squeek
Hey Matt,

I kinda had the squeaky teeth thing, I also has things taste sour all of day 2. But day 3 is going good so far!!
Im on a diet. Everything taste bad anyhow. My day 3 is pretty easy so far. My secretary gave me some gum earlier. That was a big help.
I've never heard it called that before Matt, but I'm glad it helped
"Fuck nicotine dude. You don't need it. And you don't want it. It didn't do a thing for you and you know it." - worktowin
"today you dissided that shit wont control your life. and it wont. unless you let it." - drome
"Not thinking about nicotine is for people who've never used nicotine. We threw that option away with the first dip or drag on a cigarette. We are addicts, and cannot become un-addicted." - wildirish317
"You need to decide how much you really want to be quit." - pky1520
We are always at risk. And probably always will be. That is why I will never get "too quit" to post my +1. Every. Damn. Day. - geis2597

Intro
Freedom Tastes So Good

Quit: 7/10/15, HOF: 10/17/15, 2nd Floor: 1/25/16, 3rd Floor: 5/4/16, 1 year: 7/10/16 4th Floor: 8/12/16, 5th Floor: 11/20/16, 6th Floor: 2/28/17, 7th Floor: 6/8/17, 2 years: 7/10/17, 8th Floor: 9/16/17, 9th Floor: 12/25/17, Comma: 4/4/18, 3 years: 7/10/18, 11th Floor: 7/13/18

Offline 686Matt

« Reply #34 on: January 05, 2017, 03:24:00 PM »
Anyone else have squeeky teeth when they quit? I dont know how else to explain it. My teeth now squeek
Hey Matt,

I kinda had the squeaky teeth thing, I also has things taste sour all of day 2. But day 3 is going good so far!!
Im on a diet. Everything taste bad anyhow. My day 3 is pretty easy so far. My secretary gave me some gum earlier. That was a big help.

Offline Mccrae

« Reply #33 on: January 05, 2017, 02:08:00 PM »
Maybe this isn't best time to quit?
This is the best time to quit. I'll quit with you! there's always going to be a reason not to. I am here with you bud.
Thanks man. I hope my office is understanding. I can't retain anything I read. I have zero motivation to do anything. I've been Drinking a lot of water.
I dipped for last 12 years. Last 6 was about a can a day of Copenhagen long cut. Before that was various skoal. It's not really the dip that I miss which is strange. My mouth is looking for something to do but the depression and zero work drive are killing me. I don't feel like doing anything. I started working out 2 weeks ago and was getting 2 a days in but now I don't feel like it at all. Could it be depression from break up and not the dip or is this normal? I'm not a sensitive person and pride my self on not showing emotion but this sucks.
Hey Florida,

Checking in on you today. Hope yesterday ended well and successful.

I'm quit with you today! YOU CAN DO THIS!

Offline Mccrae

« Reply #32 on: January 05, 2017, 02:01:00 PM »
Hey Matt,

Offline 686Matt

« Reply #31 on: January 05, 2017, 12:44:00 PM »

Offline chewie

• Administrator
  • Master of Quit
    • 406Northlane
  • Interests: quitting, family, digital marketing, beer, whiskey, horror movies... Fucks Given: 0
« Reply #30 on: January 04, 2017, 11:33:00 PM »
Quote from: Tonifer
Quote from: Mitch1111
It's been over 3 days now since I quit. The fog mostly went away today. I've been hitting the gym, eating alot and pounding water, lol. I don't plan on ever going back to dip. The last time I "quit" was in 2010. But I only quit because I was forced to during marine corps boot camp. I know this is a nicotine free thing, but just a general question.. would using a nicotine gum make the fog come back? My roommate has some of the gum he offered me and I said no.. but thinking about having nicotine without the dip seems kind of nice lol. Would it fuck everything up?
Yes it would. Don't exchange one form of nicotine for another. You are addicted to nicotine (as am I and everyone else here) and to break that addiction you must quit using it, cold turkey. Using nicotine gum instead of dip is like an alcoholic using beer to get off liquor. Don't do it.
As Tonifer said.. yes... it would make the fog come back (after you once again went through withdrawal).

This may be helpful: http://blog.killthecan.org/2009/11/whats-really-in-nrt/

Chewie
And another piece you may find relevant.

http://blog.killthecan.org/2012/04/ciga ... e-quitter/

QD - 7.24.06 / HOF - 10.31.06 / 2nd - 2.08.07 / 3rd - 5.19.07 / 4th - 8.27.07 / 5th - 12.05.07 / 6th - 3.14.08 / 7th - 6.22.08 / 8th - 9.30.08 / 9th - 1.08.09 / Comma - 4.18.09 / 11th - 7.27.09 / 12th - 11.04.09 / 13th - 2.12.10 / 14th - 05.23.10 / 15th - 08.31.2010 / 16th - 12.9.10 / 17th - 3.19.11 / 18th - 6.27.11 / 19th - 10.5.11 / 2K - 1.13.12 / 21st - 4.22.12 / 22nd - 7.31.12 / 23rd - 11.8.12 / 24th - 2.16.13 / 25th - 5.27.13 / 26th - 9.4.13 / 27th - 12.12.13 / 28th - 3.24.14 / 29th - 7.1.14 / 3K - 10.9.14 / 31st - 1.17.15 / 32nd - 4.27.15 / 33rd - 8.5.15 / 34th - 9.13.15 / 35th - 2.21.16 / 36th - 5.31.16 / 37th - 9.8.16 / 38th - 12.17.16 / 39th - 3.27.17 / 4K - 7.5.17 / 41st - 10.13.17 / 42nd - 1.21.18 / 43rd - 5.1.18 / 44th - 8.9.18 / 45th - 11.17.18 / 46th - 2.25.19 / 47th - 6.5.19 / 48th - 9.13.19 / 49th - 12.22.19 / 5K - 4.1.20 / 51st - 7.9.20 / 52nd - 10.17.20 / 53rd - 1.25.21 / 54th - 5.5.21 / 55th - 8.13.21 / 56th - 11.21.21 / 57th - 3.1.22 / 58th - 6.9.22 / 59th - 9.17.22 / 6K - 12.26.22 / 61st - 4.5.23 / 62nd - 7.14.23 / 63rd - 10.22.23 / 64th - 1.20.24

Offline chewie

• Administrator
  • Master of Quit
    • 406Northlane
« Reply #29 on: January 04, 2017, 11:33:00 PM »
Quote from: Tonifer
Quote from: Mitch1111
It's been over 3 days now since I quit. The fog mostly went away today. I've been hitting the gym, eating alot and pounding water, lol. I don't plan on ever going back to dip. The last time I "quit" was in 2010. But I only quit because I was forced to during marine corps boot camp. I know this is a nicotine free thing, but just a general question.. would using a nicotine gum make the fog come back? My roommate has some of the gum he offered me and I said no.. but thinking about having nicotine without the dip seems kind of nice lol. Would it fuck everything up?
Yes it would. Don't exchange one form of nicotine for another. You are addicted to nicotine (as am I and everyone else here) and to break that addiction you must quit using it, cold turkey. Using nicotine gum instead of dip is like an alcoholic using beer to get off liquor. Don't do it.
As Tonifer said.. yes... it would make the fog come back (after you once again went through withdrawal).

This may be helpful: http://blog.killthecan.org/2009/11/whats-really-in-nrt/

Chewie