Community > Introductions

Late the party but here i am

(1/3) > >>

judge2019:

--- Quote from: wastepanel on February 22, 2019, 08:53:54 AM ---
--- Quote from: Judge2019 ---on day 87 of the quit...had some password problems

even though i haven't used the support forums, seeing what other are doing has been an inspiration.
--- End quote ---

Why quit beside us when you can quit with us?

It's true that you can quit on your own (5% success rate after 6 months is the benchmark) but the chances of staying quit as part of this group raises that much higher.

Besides, I've yet to see anybody that makes their promise and keeps their word fail.  Don't half ass this.  Be part of this.

--- End quote ---

Good advice.  thanks

wastepanel:

--- Quote from: Judge2019 ---on day 87 of the quit...had some password problems

even though i haven't used the support forums, seeing what other are doing has been an inspiration.
--- End quote ---

Why quit beside us when you can quit with us?

It's true that you can quit on your own (5% success rate after 6 months is the benchmark) but the chances of staying quit as part of this group raises that much higher.

Besides, I've yet to see anybody that makes their promise and keeps their word fail.  Don't half ass this.  Be part of this.

judge2019:
hey - really appreciate the welcome and the support!

live in suburban chicago - fan of all the local teams. 

dipped a little in high school, then quit.

picked in up again in 1993 - spent a lot of time on the road and it helped with the boredom.  up until november at can a day guy of skoal pouches.  quit for close to 100 days in 2014/2105 then baseball season came back around and relapsed for my son's first game.

had to quit - what started out as an in the car thing turned into an all day thing.  too much money!  didn't like how i was feeling.  always on the downlow, was never honest with my wife and kids about it...i was living a lie.

been reading this site for years to get the courage to quit...tried joining the forum earlier but kept getting my password screwed up.  then just decided to try and brand new account.  wih i'd done i'd gotten in earlier...you guys are great!

thanks guys

DTJD:
Welcome judge. Like sand suggested introduce yourself to the group. I also joined my group later in my Quit. Not quite as long as you but it really helped me connect when I went back to day one and read through all the events that I missed in the early days. Congrats on 87 days on your own

SRains918:

--- Quote from: Sand44 on February 19, 2019, 12:30:26 PM ---
--- Quote from: judge2019 on February 19, 2019, 09:36:15 AM ---thanks guys.  joined the group - hope i did that correctly.  appreciate the welcome!

--- End quote ---

I see you on roll! 88 days on your own is badass. You’re inside out of the cold now!  I suggest reaching out to your fellow quitters in March and get some digits. Come join the groupme.

Want to tell us a little about yourself? Where are ya from? Why’d ya quit? That sorta thing...

Proud to quit with you

Sand44 - 126

--- End quote ---

And THAT ^^^ is how the brotherhood starts!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version